As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]- Game of Secrets-use the other thread!

• M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    i think mill should still be seered :/

anyhow i'll have to think a bit more on who i want to vote and why later cause im studying

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Okay, Megafrost. Besides vote counts, re-posting clarifications, commenting with roleplayers, and being helpful and digging up the posts of his fellow mafia...
    He never pushed a single vote, but he's voted for TNB, Spool, Sportz, Adventfalls, and am I missing any? Both mafia have voted for TNB.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Edit: Missed shalmelo's post on it. Reposting it for prosterity.
    shalmelo wrote: »
    At the risk of ruining your little RP-fest, here's Megafrost's vote history:

Day 1 - solo vote on Spool32
    Day 2 - was in the TrueNeverBorn wagon
    Day 3 - solo vote on Zandracon (And thus in his second game of phalla, Megafrost entered into the time-honored tradition of being weirded out by Zand)

A quick look at his post history doesn't give a whole lot of substance. Lots of jokes, some inept (intentionally or not?) attempts at vote counting yesterday. Not sure that there's much to go on here...

Yeah, I don't think TrueNeverBorn is mafia.

vagrant_winds on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Diorinix

• DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    A "fluke?"

Don't take credit away from my accomplishments!

Didn't want to give away that you were the mastermind and make you a bigger target :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Diorinix wrote: »
    A "fluke?"

Don't take credit away from my accomplishments!

Didn't want to give away that you were the mastermind and make you a bigger target :(

Everyone knows I'm directing everything.

Just like always :D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Okay, my suspicions. Take what you will.

New & Reafirmed Suspicions In Order As Of Today (Also looking through the post histories of the people on shalmelo's Dunalist to see who I agree with...):

Tzeentchling

Every time votes start falling on him, other bandwagons start getting stronger in response. He's also been inactive as fuck. I agree with the vote on him.

Stever777

Looked at his post history. He has tons of posts in this phalla. All of them are short. None of them have anything of substance to them at all. It's like he's trying to appear active to avoiding the hiding-in-the-shadows (low post) mafia hunt without putting in any effort to actually be constructive whatsoever. He's also the one that tried to start the vote on Infidel Day 2 - I have not forgotten.

I sill suspect the fuck out of you.

Cythraul

Inactive as fuck (barely ~2 useless posts a day). Helped push the Anialos wagon.

Smoove Operator

His posts have also been useless as hell while being barely above inactive (~2 useless posts a day). There's also a common theme of voting for TrueNeverBorn, the same as the other two mafia.

Lucedes

Roleplaying as a kute Magickarp does not make you helpful. Not active otherwise Also tried to bandwagon TrueNeverBorn (it would be kinda helpful for analysis if this guy was confirmed Green or Red) like our two mafia. Now trying to kill me.

---

Previous Suspicions (That I No Longer Feel As Suspicions About):

Mill

Same Infidel wagon reason as Stever. Same on not being constructive. Using his secret on Day 1 against someone the mafia killed doesn't clear him at all. The mafia could have beeen easily be as clueless to secret use as we (the village) were day 1.

But there's better targets first now. I suspect him less than I did yesterday and all that jazz.

I would actually appriciate a list of those besides me that pushed the Mill wagon on previous days.

---

Don't activly suspect Reg Rysk at the moment and I'd like to hear your thoughts shalmelo. It's true he's been barely active, but he also hasn't been pushing any terible bandwagons and instead seems to be voting every day by his gut. He has voted for Lucedes the most who's also on my suspicon list so that also biases me to suspect him less currently. (Note: This is not me vouching for them.)

I would also like to know the reasons you specet INANTP. I'm not personally feeling it. He made the arguments for trusting Kime when others tried to delay the network. Arguing against people who were supicious against Infidel's wagon. He's posted some somewhat decent game theory reguarding secret use. And as far as I know has been voting on his gut or on Spool's or My suspicon thought. I don't personally see anything that lables him as --> Mafia Here <--- and want to know what I'm missing off hand if anything. (Again: This is not me vouching for them.)

Oh. I thought I did this in the previous post. Oh well. Go 4 posts in a row. Would be 5 if M.D. didn't have to combo-break me early. Meanie.

!Tzeentchling

That's with a ! for extra old-school phalla vote smackdown.

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Stever777

Looked at his post history. He has tons of posts in this phalla. All of them are short. None of them have anything of substance to them at all.

Well, I never.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    today i bought a game and the eb games gave me cereal with it

this is a strange promotion

i just felt you all should know

What kind of cereal? Kratos Os?

http://www.kelloggskrave.com/home.html

That stuff is delicious

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    Vagrant, four posts in a row?

Refresh that browser, sir

Steam profile
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Stever777

Looked at his post history. He has tons of posts in this phalla. All of them are short. None of them have anything of substance to them at all.

Not that I want to defend this guy, especially since he has a vote against me, but that's pretty much how he always is.

Vagrant, four posts in a row?

Refresh that browser, sir

Whoops.

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    many, many words

It would hardly be a Dunalist if I gave reasons, now would it? :P

Seriously, though - you've done more analysis here than I have. I'm too lazy to try go through the whole thread and pick apart a player's entire post history without the magic box running. Most of what I'm doing is relying on the work of others (You, spool and bluecyan have all been very helpful in that regard) combined with gut instinct. People will make posts that make me think "that's totally something I would have said if I were mafia" **cough*tzeentchling*cough**, and from that point I'll start looking at them a little more closely and see if I can build a pattern of sketchiness. It's far from an exact science, but I feel like my mafiadar is pretty good, by and large.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    edited August 2012
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/profile/ INSERT A NAME HERE
    Click on "Posts" on the left bar.

vagrant_winds on
    edited August 2012
    shalmelo your mafiadar has been pretty damn good lately, I'm going to be so upset if you turn out to be mafia this game.

Edit. Spelling

premium on
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    Stever777

Not that I want to defend this guy, especially since he has a vote against me, but that's pretty much how he always is.

Thanks?

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I vote for Tzeentchling, just like yesterday. Vagrant outlined the reasoning. Perhaps the Russian would like a place in Castille's court?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    @kime Is there a reason we didn't try using any of the other powers last night? Did we mix up again and null one of the two because they were both the same category, or did we just not try to use anything beyond the vig/seer?

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    I didn't offer the reasoning for Tzeentchling. I just reiterated other people's reasoning for them with agreement.

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Cythraul...However I think tzeenchling is a better option than TrueNeverborn or Smoove.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Alright, back early with updated spreadsheet.

Current Spreadsheet (up to post 1413)

Smoove Operator leads at 7 votes, with premium and tzeentchling following at 4 votes each. 7 players remaining who have not yet made a vote.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Awwww, KIIIIIIMMMMMEEEEE!!! if I had a vote to retract I would. Not sure where I Went against you/called you into question. However I'm very interested in Smoove Operator so bitter sweet moment here.

TrueNeverborn on
    So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    I like the reasoning behind the Tzeentchling vote.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    Smoove Operator[color] BBCode alluding me as well apparently

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    ... Close enough

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Bleh no time tonight unfortunately. premium

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    ...speaking of which, I haven't done this in a long time, but here's my current Dunalist:

Tzeentchling
    Smoove Operator
    Cythraul
    INANTP
    Reg Rysk
    Lucedes

Your list is broken, I'm not on it.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    I am just picking one but i'll pick smoove operator

been too busy with other things today to really do much here i'm sorry

Kilnaga wrote: »
    @kime Is there a reason we didn't try using any of the other powers last night? Did we mix up again and null one of the two because they were both the same category, or did we just not try to use anything beyond the vig/seer?

I don't want to overlap powers, so if I am uncertain on categories, then I take priority with vig and seer.

Also keeps the mafia guessing! :P

Steam profile
  • DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular
    Alegis wrote: »
    Diorinix

Oh, alegis, how could you? :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    I suppose that smoove operator is who we have decided to remove. Doing detailed analysis is certainly much harder without the old forums, or the magic box, despite whatever sorcery powered it.

It is hard for one to vote so late and not look like simply jumping on the bandwagon. Alas, I have not the time to try and do further research today, perhaps tomorrow I may.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I'll place my !vote on Bluecyan for today. I get the feeling that there's a mafia member among the early posters, and that's where my feelings point for now.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Smoove Operator for self preservation. Not my first pick but a better pick than me.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    psolms wrote: »
    I suppose that smoove operator is who we have decided to remove. Doing detailed analysis is certainly much harder without the old forums, or the magic box, despite whatever sorcery powered it.

It is hard for one to vote so late and not look like simply jumping on the bandwagon. Alas, I have not the time to try and do further research today, perhaps tomorrow I may.

If you haven't done the research or read others opinions who have, then maybe you shouldn't join the bandwagon. Its still fairly close enough right now, that other differences of opinions or new analysis could swing things around. Jumping on the leader because they are the leader seems a poor vote to me.
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I'll place my !vote on Bluecyan for today. I get the feeling that there's a mafia member among the early posters, and that's where my feelings point for now.

Just as long as its not any part of Shakira.

• psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    My dear old boy, I did not imply that I had not read the opinions of those who had done the research. I have read and thought and cast my vote. I was only lamenting the fact that I am sure I could have come up with another possible target had I more time to do intricate research.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    It seems that people are more willing to stand by their votes today. Looking at this spreadsheet of Blarney's, there's been mvch less vote retracting.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    On train back from city with phone about to die, kilnaga for odd post yesterday.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    vwinds seems like a fun vote

I love you too Zandy.