As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bush bans Iraq protest?

VBakesVBakes Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
Here's the article. what do you guys think of this? Personally I find it absurd, but then, Im no political scholar. Thoughts?

Therman Murman?......Jesus.
VBakes on

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My internet is acting up and won't let me get to half of everything. Could you fill your OP up a little further?

James on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    In one of his most chilling moves to date against his own citizens, the American War Leader has issued a sweeping order this week outlawing all forms of protest against the Iraq war.

President Bush enacted into US law an ‘Executive Order’ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order_%28United_States%29 on July
    17th titled "Blocking Property of Certain Persons Who Threaten Stabilization Efforts in Iraq", http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/07/20070717-3.html and which says:

"By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, as amended (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.)(IEEPA), the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.)(NEA), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code,

I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, find that, due to the unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by acts of violence threatening the peace and stability of Iraq and undermining efforts to promote economic reconstruction and political reform in Iraq and to provide humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people, it is in the interests of the United States to take additional steps with respect to the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, and expanded in Executive Order 13315 of August 28, 2003, and relied upon for additional steps taken in Executive Order 13350 of July 29, 2004, and Executive Order 13364 of November 29,
    2004."

According to Russian legal experts, the greatest concern to the American people are the underlying provisions of this new law, and which, they state, are written ‘so broadly’ as to outlaw all forms of protest against the war. These provisions state:

"(ii) to have materially assisted, sponsored, or provided financial, material, logistical, or technical support for, or goods or services in support of, such an act or acts of violence or any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order; or

(b) The prohibitions in subsection (a) of this section include, but are not limited to, (i) the making of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services by, to, or for the benefit of any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order, and (ii) the receipt of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services from any such person.

(c) the term "United States person" means any United States citizen, permanent resident alien, entity organized under the laws of the United States or any jurisdiction within the United States (including foreign branches), or any person in the United States.

All agencies of the United States Government are hereby directed to take all appropriate measures within their authority to carry out the provisions of this order and, where appropriate, to advise the Secretary of the Treasury in a timely manner of the measures taken."

To the subsection of this new US law, according to these legal experts, that says "...the making of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services by, to, or for the benefit...", the insertion of the word ‘services ’ has broad, and catastrophic, consequences for the American people in that any act deemed by their government to be against the Iraqi war is, in fact, supporting the ‘enemy’ and therefore threatens the ‘stabilization of Iraq’.

In an even greater affront to the American people are the provisions of a law called The Patriot Act, http://www.aclu.org/safefree/resources/17343res20031114.html and that should they run afoul of this new law they are forbidden to allow anyone to know about it, and as we can read as reported by the Seattle Times News Service: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/editorialsopinion/2002527215_patrioted29.html

"The [Patriot] act also expands the use of National Security Letters, which are a kind of warrant that the Justice Department writes for itself, authorizing its agents to seize such things as records of money movements, telephone calls and Internet visits. Recipients of a National Security Letter are not allowed to tell anyone about them, and so cannot contest them."

It is interesting to note, too, that this is not the first time that the United States has unleashed the brutal power of their government against its citizens to further their war aims and stifle domestic dissent, as during the European conflict of World War I they enacted a law called The Sedition Act of 1918 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedition_Act_of_1918 and which "...forbade Americans to use "disloyal, profane, scurrilous, or abusive language" about the United States government, flag, or armed forces during war."

It is curious to note that after the enactment of this new law there has been no protest by any of the other political leaders in the United States, with the exception of the only Muslim member of the United States Congress, Minnesota Democrat Keith Ellison, http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2007/07/17/critics_muslim_rep_likened_bush_hitler/6980/ and who compared President Bush to the Nazi War Leader Adolph Hitler by stating the attacks upon the World Trade Center could be likened to the burning of the Reichstag.

Today, as the United States faces an imminent economic collapse, http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1019.htm while at the same time its war bill has reached the staggering amount of $648 billion, http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation/story/194233.html one of the last freedoms the American people have had to protest their leaders actions against them, and other peoples in the World, has now been taken away from them, the freedom to speak and write in opposition to what is being done to them.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear", http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/george_orwell.html said the great British writer George Orwell, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Orwell but, and sadly, liberty has been lost to the once free people of the United States who are no longer allowed to tell their leaders, or each other, what they don’t want to hear.

With this being so, the American people should, likewise, contemplate their ‘new’ future, and as, also, stated best by George Orwell, "If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/george_orwell.html

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1023.htm

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Theoretically, yes, such an executive order could be used to stop many types of protests. But if he actually tried to enforce it against protesters, I'm fairly certain he'd be struck down by the Supreme Court. That whole, "freedom of speech" nonsense.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Theoretically, yes, such an executive order could be used to stop many types of protests. But if he actually tried to enforce it against protesters, I'm fairly certain he'd be struck down by the Supreme Court. That whole, "freedom of speech" nonsense.

And then he'd just be like YOU FOOLS! I AM ABOVE THE SUPREME COURT!

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That looks like the least credible website ever. That's got to be a joke.

According to Russian legal experts... What the fuckass?

Anyway, he would have some legal precedent. We did it in WWI (and I think WWII, thought I'm not sure).

Duki on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Duki wrote: »
    Here you go

P10 on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/07/20070717-3.html
    By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, as amended (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.)(IEEPA), the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.)(NEA), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code,

I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, find that, due to the unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by acts of violence threatening the peace and stability of Iraq and undermining efforts to promote economic reconstruction and political reform in Iraq and to provide humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people, it is in the interests of the United States to take additional steps with respect to the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, and expanded in Executive Order 13315 of August 28, 2003, and relied upon for additional steps taken in Executive Order 13350 of July 29, 2004, and Executive Order 13364 of November 29, 2004. I hereby order:

Section 1. (a) Except to the extent provided in section 203(b)(1), (3), and (4) of IEEPA (50 U.S.C. 1702(b)(1), (3), and (4)), or in regulations, orders, directives, or licenses that may be issued pursuant to this order, and notwithstanding any contract entered into or any license or permit granted prior to the date of this order, all property and interests in property of the following persons, that are in the United States, that hereafter come within the United States, or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of United States persons, are blocked and may not be transferred, paid, exported, withdrawn, or otherwise dealt in: any person determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Defense,

(i) to have committed, or to pose a significant risk of committing, an act or acts of violence that have the purpose or effect of:

(A) threatening the peace or stability of Iraq or the Government of Iraq; or

(B) undermining efforts to promote economic reconstruction and political reform in Iraq or to provide humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people;

(ii) to have materially assisted, sponsored, or provided financial, material, logistical, or technical support for, or goods or services in support of, such an act or acts of violence or any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order; or

(iii) to be owned or controlled by, or to have acted or purported to act for or on behalf of, directly or indirectly, any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order.

(b) The prohibitions in subsection (a) of this section include, but are not limited to, (i) the making of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services by, to, or for the benefit of any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order, and (ii) the receipt of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services from any such person.

Sec. 2. (a) Any transaction by a United States person or within the United States that evades or avoids, has the purpose of evading or avoiding, or attempts to violate any of the prohibitions set forth in this order is prohibited.

(b) Any conspiracy formed to violate any of the prohibitions set forth in this order is prohibited.

Sec. 3. For purposes of this order:

(a) the term "person" means an individual or entity;

(b) the term "entity" means a partnership, association, trust, joint venture, corporation, group, subgroup, or other organization; and

(c) the term "United States person" means any United States citizen, permanent resident alien, entity organized under the laws of the United States or any jurisdiction within the United States (including foreign branches), or any person in the United States.

Sec. 4. I hereby determine that the making of donations of the type specified in section 203(b)(2) of IEEPA (50 U.S.C. 1702(b)(2)) by, to, or for the benefit of, any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order would seriously impair my ability to deal with the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303 and expanded in Executive Order 13315, and I hereby prohibit such donations as provided by section 1 of this order.

Sec. 5. For those persons whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order who might have a constitutional presence in the United States, I find that, because of the ability to transfer funds or other assets instantaneously, prior notice to such persons of measures to be taken pursuant to this order would render these measures ineffectual. I therefore determine that for these measures to be effective in addressing the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303 and expanded in Executive Order 13315, there need be no prior notice of a listing or determination made pursuant to section 1(a) of this order.

Sec. 6. The Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Defense, is hereby authorized to take such actions, including the promulgation of rules and regulations, and to employ all powers granted to the President by IEEPA as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this order. The Secretary of the Treasury may redelegate any of these functions to other officers and agencies of the United States Government, consistent with applicable law. All agencies of the United States Government are hereby directed to take all appropriate measures within their authority to carry out the provisions of this order and, where appropriate, to advise the Secretary of the Treasury in a timely manner of the measures taken.

Sec. 7. Nothing in this order is intended to affect the continued effectiveness of any rules, regulations, orders, licenses, or other forms of administrative action issued, taken, or continued in effect heretofore or hereafter under 31 C.F.R. chapter V, except as expressly terminated, modified, or suspended by or pursuant to this order.

Sec. 8. This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right, benefit, or privilege, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, instrumentalities, or entities, its officers or employees, or any other person.

GEORGE W. BUSH

THE WHITE HOUSE,

July 17, 2007.

edit: MINE'S BETTER

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Anyway, he would have some legal precedent. We did it in WWI (and I think WWII, thought I'm not sure).

Well that's a bad omen if there's ever been one.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Well that's a bad omen if there's ever been one.
    I know for a fact that during the Civil War Lincoln shut down newspapers that printed anti-Union stories. That's sort of a precedent. So, Bush is just emulating Lincoln. nothing to be worried about.

P10 on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

The USA was in a declared war during each of those periods. Congress hasn't declared war on terrorism so it wouldn't apply now.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fuck my ass sideways.

The Court will cheerfully toss this on its ass, and again it's probably not impeachable, but seriously, dude, someone needs to check your motherfucking meds.
    Jefferson wrote:
    Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Congratulations. You have just become what they always claimed you were. Get your ass out of office with a quickness.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    titmouse wrote: »

The USA was in a declared war during each of those periods. Congress hasn't declared war on terrorism so it wouldn't apply now.

We seem to have an executive branch these days that does not feel it is subject to any sorts of checks and balances.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fuck my ass sideways.

The Court will cheerfully toss this on its ass, and again it's probably not impeachable, but seriously, dude, someone needs to check your motherfucking meds.

Congratulations. You have just become what they always claimed you were. Get your ass out of office with a quickness.
    He's not up for re-election. Not like he has to pretend for anyone anymore.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Where exactly does that executive order ban protest again?

I mean, I see where it says they can freeze monetary assets of people setting off bombs in Iraq, and the assets of those who give those people money and support, but where does it say anything involving protest?

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    "services for or to the benefit of" (emphasis mine) can reasonably be used to freeze the assets of protestors.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wait, isn't whitehouse.gov the joke site?

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    "services for or to the benefit of" (emphasis mine) can reasonably be used to freeze the assets of protestors.

Only if those protestors "pose a significant risk of committing, an act or acts of violence" according to the Secretary of the Treasury.

Take that as you will.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Not really.

Because they would have to show somehow that Joe Protester and his sign on fifth avenue gave a service or benefit to a specific person committing or about to commit an act of violence in Iraq. Which is, of course, impossible.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    saggio wrote: »
    No.
    Feral wrote: »

Only if those protestors "pose a significant risk of committing, an act or acts of violence" according to the Secretary of the Treasury.

Take that as you will.
    We both know that many, many Iraq protests - I'm thinking in particular of the World Can't Wait idiots here - are filled with people who could reasonably be construed to pose a significant risk of committing an act of violence.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Htown wrote: »
    Not really.

Because they would have to show somehow that Joe Protester and his sign on fifth avenue gave a service or benefit to a specific person committing or about to commit an act of violence in Iraq. Which is, of course, impossible.
    Or to a given organization. It is far from an unreasonable claim that undermining the morale of both the American military and the civilian population's support of the war provides a service to organizations who wish to destabilize Iraq.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Htown wrote: »

Not really.

Actually, they don't have to show that. The Secretary of the Treasury doesn't have to show anything, he just has to decide that there is a significant risk.

That's the problem here, they're circumventing due process. Again.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    *sigh*

Here is the July 17th press briefing about the Executive Order. Anyone spending two minutes passively paying attention to it can conclude that the article in the OP is total bullshit. Yet it gets on Digg's front page nearly a dozen times in one day.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    No.

Take that as you will.
    We both know that many, many Iraq protests - I'm thinking in particular of the World Can't Wait idiots here - are filled with people who could reasonably be construed to pose a significant risk of committing an act of violence.

Hey, I'm not arguing against you. The effects of this order are determined mostly by how loose a definition of "significant risk" the executive branch wants to go by. It's not going to cause UC Berkeley sophomores' college funds to get seized just because they marched down Telegraph Avenue one day; but on the other hand these kind of flagrant attempts to fuck due process in the ass should not go ignored.

Feral on

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It's like the whole Patriot Act thing. It's not that it will automatically be used to attack people, it's that it's way way too capable of it.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Dusda wrote: »
    *sigh*

Here is the July 17th press briefing about the Executive Order. Anyone spending two minutes passively paying attention to it can conclude that the article in the OP is total bullshit. Yet it gets on Digg's front page nearly a dozen times in one day.

I'm not sure that I trust Snow Job to interpret the law accurately, either.

Feral on

• Options
    edited July 2007
    *sigh*

He doesn't interpret much. He just talks. The communications director is likely the one doing the interpreting.

Dusda on
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

The sad thing is that someone would have to be the victim of what this encompasses before it would ever get to that ruling, meaning that it'd have to be enforced first; or at least, the duration of the time it takes to appeal the case through and get a verdict from the Supreme Court, which could seriously piss in the cereal of whoever gets to be the first person abstractly construed as violating this.

Ein on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    It's like the whole Patriot Act thing. It's not that it will automatically be used to attack people, it's that it's way way too capable of it.

Yeah, exactly.

This kind of consolidation of power in the executive branch should be alarming in and of itself without having to resort to catastrophic rhetoric like claiming that the order "outlaw all forms of protest against the Iraq war."

I know that they want to dress it up a bit to get people interested; talking about due process and executive power isn't nearly as sexy as going "ZOMG it's just like 1984!" (Seriously, name-dropping Orwell? Isn't that in the Top Ten List of Liberal Cliches That Make Moderates' Eyes Glaze Over?) That they feel the need to do that is a a pretty sad indication of the political illiteracy of the American citizenship.

Feral on

• Options
    edited July 2007
    *sigh*

Dude, I'm not denying the bias of the Winnipeg Independent Media. The article itself is bullshit. But the wording of the law is exceptionally open to abuse, moreso than Patriot ever was - Patriot at least made passes at judicial oversight. This one just says, "If we think your actions might help terrorists, we can take all your assets. In conjunction with Patriot, we don't even have to tell you that we've done so, though lord knows you'll find out soon enough. And short of suing the federal government - which you can't do, because you can't pay a lawyer, because we took all your money - you have absolutely no legal recourse. Have a nice ass-fucking."

In one thread I'm being accused of "taking equivocating to new extremes," and in here I'm apparently an anti-Bush reactionary. Guess I've finally proved I'm moderate.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    *sigh*

He doesn't interpret much. He just talks. The communications director is likely the one doing the interpreting.

The point is that they draft the order using fuzzy language and then send the press secretary out to say, "Oh, don't worry, we might be carrying a really big stick but we promise only to use it against foreign insurgents!" Thanks, Tony, that makes me feel much better.

Feral on

• Options
    edited July 2007
    *sigh*

Dude, I'm not denying the bias of the Winnipeg Independent Media. The article itself is bullshit. But the wording of the law is exceptionally open to abuse, moreso than Patriot ever was - Patriot at least made passes at judicial oversight. This one just says, "If we think your actions might help terrorists, we can take all your assets. In conjunction with Patriot, we don't even have to tell you that we've done so, though lord knows you'll find out soon enough. And short of suing the federal government - which you can't do, because you can't pay a lawyer, because we took all your money - you have absolutely no legal recourse. Have a nice ass-fucking."

In one thread I'm being accused of "taking equivocating to new extremes," and in here I'm apparently an anti-Bush reactionary. Guess I've finally proved I'm moderate.

I'm not exactly Bush's greatest fan either, I just don't see this EO as a big deal. What pisses me off is the sheer amount of ignorance spreading whenever a twisted article like this hits; every damn Digg article about this is skewed way beyond anything I would respectfully call "news."

Dusda on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This is really just the whole frog in a warming pot thing.

It's just kind of weird that they're doing this considering how high a chance the democrats have of taking over next election.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm not exactly Bush's greatest fan either, I just don't see this EO as a big deal. What pisses me off is the sheer amount of ignorance spreading whenever a twisted article like this hits; every damn Digg article about this is skewed way beyond anything I would respectfully call "news."
    On that I completely agree, but then I've long, long believed that "news blogs" are unmitigated shit, and that people who actually treat them as legitimate news sources are a little sick in the head. It's the new Yellow Journalism.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    *sigh*

Yeah, I totally flipped a shit when I read the actual text of this EO when it was issued (stumbled across it a few days ago). As you said, it's wording is exceptionally open to interpretation and could reasonably be used against someone like me who has done some protesting domestically and work in the Middle East and North Africa.

I seriously hope that the executive branch gets trimmed back down to size after Bush is out of office. Because this is getting absurd.

sanstodo on
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It should if the next president goes for the logical course of action for his party.

Republican: Assuming that he isn't either a closet despot or a bush worshipper, he should begin to reduce executive powers. I say this less because I have faith in humanity then because republicans are supposed to be conservative, which means small goverment.

Democrat: The next democrat president is going to most likely make cleansing the whitehouse of bush policy his number one priority, if only to score huge points with the disgruntled masses.

Gaddez on
  • Options
    PiRaTe!!!PiRaTe!!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

It's just kind of weird that they're doing this considering how high a chance the democrats have of taking over next election.

[Tin-foil Hat]That is if there is an election....[/Tin-foil Hat]

PiRaTe!!! on
    PiRaTe001.png
  • Options
    GorakGorak Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

But democrats want to bring the troops home. That emboldens the terrorists.

Therefore, voting for a democrat becomes "providing services for or to the benefit of" and gets you locked up. Far more efficient than the caging lists and provisional ballots were.

Gorak on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Gorak wrote: »

But democrats want to bring the troops home. That emboldens the terrorists.

Therefore, voting for a democrat becomes "providing services for or to the benefit of" and gets you locked up. Far more efficient than the caging lists and provisional ballots were.

CHECKMATE.

Does this only count for protests linked to an orginization backed by a bunch of money? If the treasury is involed then I figured there would only be a problem if some money was linked to 'terrerists'.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Yes, but it's also actually a legitimate website for our government.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    I wasn't aware George Bush's office was "American War Leader".

Oh biased, paranoid article, why did you have to tip your hand so soon? Had you begun without invective it might have taken a few more paragraphs for me to laugh at the idea of an executive order overriding the first amendment and stop reading.

Shinto on