As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]- Game of Secrets-use the other thread!

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I feel kinda dumb though. Both Psolms AND Spool were pm'ing about strategy talk this game. Psolms before kime became network head... then he stopped talking to me. Spool started talking to me yesterday out of the blue, maybe to try to get me to pass on information I might have had from the network.

Yesterday? We've been talking for a while.

And indeed there will be time
    For the yellow smoke that slides along the street,
    Rubbing its back upon the window panes;
    There will be time, there will be time
    To prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet;
    There will be time to murder and create,
    And time for all the works and days of hands
    That lift and drop a question on your plate...

spool32 on
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    funny how Mafia pro boards work like that.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Oh spool

I hope you enjoy this :D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    kime wrote: »
    Oh spool

I hope you enjoy this :D

:D

You got active all of a sudden with the questions today! Will we see a network call finally? Lacking a vig, what's left of your network is going to have to come into the light a bit.

Or are you fresh out of targets now?

• DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular
    I feel kinda dumb though. Both Psolms AND Spool were pm'ing about strategy talk this game. Psolms before kime became network head... then he stopped talking to me. Spool started talking to me yesterday out of the blue, maybe to try to get me to pass on information I might have had from the network.

Spool PM'd me as well, immediately after I voted for tzeetch with him. Message was "If nothing else, maybe it'll spur some mafia into throwing votes on one of them."

I would take it he was lying through his teeth. Is there a chance that they'd vote for each other once a bandwagon is set? Either this or were misled by spool intentionally.

And hope my record shows clearly enough that I'm clean - I vigged a mafia on night 2, ffs.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
    Definitely have lots of targets left!

*cough*

Steam profile
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Lemme double check any votes on psolms.

Day 1: psolms has the second highest vote count at 8 (I could only find 6), barely half of what Langley ended up with.

These people stuck with psolms as their final vote:
    -Diorinix [436], kime [458], Langley [544], Mill [293], That Dave Fella [487], The Ender [348]

In addition, 4 people had a vote on psolms, but eventually switched their vote.
    -Lucedes [psolms @355, TrueNeverborn @490], TrueNeverborn [psolms @278, Langley @596], vagrant_winds [psolms @290, Langley @589], and Zandracon [psolms @344, Anialos @627].

If people still suspect TrueNeverborn as mafia, then there is a three vote swing off of psolms and two of those votes piled onto Langley (TrueNeverborn, vagrant_winds) and one onto the guy who died two days later to the vote (Zandracon).

One last thing to note about Day 1: third place was tied at 4 votes between Anialos and TrueNeverborn.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    LOL my brain isn't working. I just finished a 14 hour Twilight Imperium game that we role played.

I have work in like 5 hours and I think I need to sleep at some point. I won't be very useful today!

Diorinix wrote: »

Spool PM'd me as well, immediately after I voted for tzeetch with him. Message was "If nothing else, maybe it'll spur some mafia into throwing votes on one of them."

I would take it he was lying through his teeth. Is there a chance that they'd vote for each other once a bandwagon is set? Either this or were misled by spool intentionally.

And hope my record shows clearly enough that I'm clean - I vigged a mafia on night 2, ffs.

Time for you and time for me,
    And time yet for a hundred indecisions,
    And for a hundred visions and revisions,
    Before the taking of a toast and tea.

You made me sad not responding to that. Sad and suspicious, in the same way Premium ignoring my comment made me suspicious enough to call a mafia kill on him.

edited August 2012
    @Diorinix

The mafia kill was my decision. It does not prove you innocent in any way, since you'd have been screwed if you hadn't followed my orders.

Edit: Continued attempts to do so will be seen as attempts to mislead the village.

You've been warned :)

kime on
    Steam profile
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    LOL my brain isn't working. I just finished a 14 hour Twilight Imperium game that we role played.

I have work in like 5 hours and I think I need to sleep at some point. I won't be very useful today!
    Sleep is sort of important

Sleep is sort of important

Sleep is not compatible with games of TI

Do I dare
    Disturb the universe?
    In a minute there is time
    For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

edited August 2012
    Overall bandwagon on psolms:

Mill [293], TrueNeverborn [278], vagrant_winds [290], Zandracon [344], The Ender [348], Lucedes [355]. Diorinix [436], kime [458], That Dave Fella [487], Langley [544]

Overall bandwagon on Langley:

SLyM [341], [shalmelo [357], Infidel [581, originally warban @ 345], vagrant_winds [589, originally psolms @ 290], jdarksun [590, originally ObiFett @ 276], psolms [594, swapped twice: was originally on Langley @ 440, TrueNeverborn 441] premium [595, originally I Needed a Name To Post @ 342], TrueNeverborn [596, originally psolms @ 278], Greenbarons [598, swapped three times: Cayrus @ 284, warban @ 393, TrueNeverborn @ 442], Retaba [600, swapped three times: Cythraul @ 275, TrueNeverborn @ 482, TheRoadVirus @ 505], spool23 [604, swapped twice: Megafrost @ 336, TrueNeverborn @ 415], Egos [615, originally Kilnaga @ 331], OrangeSoda [618, swapped twice: adventfalls @ 354, TrueNeverborn @ 437], MrBlarney [637]

adventfalls on
    This poem describes my day today perfectly.

Kime, it was my suggestion NOT to aim at the first target you brought up, which led to us hitting Exarch. And don't forget, I have co-operated AND have done other things to help the network. Tossing me aside seems petty. There are actual mafia to investigate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
    I mean, seriously guys. Look at this:

For I have known them all already, known them all:
    Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
    I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;
    I know the voices dying with a dying fall
    Beneath the music from a farther room.
    So how should I presume?

And I have known the eyes already, known them all—
    The eyes that fix you in a formulated phrase,
    And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
    When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
    Then how should I begin
    To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?

Recurring patterns:

-TrueNeverborn: While appearing to make a really, really bad call on Day 1, he also had a wagon with Exarch and Megafrost on him on Day 2. And it was a relatively close vote. Not a sure-fire sign he's clean, but there's a scent of lemony freshness.
    -vagrant_winds: Has switched onto the 'winning' vote twice: one on Day 1 when it was off of a mafia, again Day 3 when he got off of Mill to vote for Anialos - and that vote no one else switched saw for Anialos himself. Looks sketchy, check him out.

Day 1 is the only day I can see with a definite bandwagon shift onto Langley and off of psolms and to a lesser extent TrueNeverborn.

Yah Day 1 is what I was talking about. I don't know if we should look at who pushed off psolms (besides me). I think I pushed back almost immediately when they tried to vote him out on account of his name. IMO he was not really being suspicious otherwise.

I should have gotten it sooner though. He said one thing in PM I should have payed more attention to. It definitely ticked my radar and I told Kime about it, but I guess we both thought he was credible enough to believe up until last night. I was both surprised to see a kill called on him and that he came up RED. I'm glad the network was able to make that call last night, because I wouldn't have and for that I feel bad.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    spool

Won't be totally useful today. Still recovering.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    The planet shed no tears as spool32 was eaten by the sharks.

Or maybe it did and they just got lost in the water/hair?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I voted Langly the first night because Infidel's argument made sense to me, and both the psolms and TrueNeverborn wagons were silly. The others I admit to sheeping along with the wagon.

Has The Ender contributed to the game much? I don't remember seeing much of substance in his posts - though in this game, that is not exactly uncommon it seems.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Also voting for him in place of my initial vote on Spool cause he's dead anyway, and I want my thoughts to be noted.

Also voting for him in place of my initial vote on Spool cause he's dead anyway, and I want my thoughts to be noted.
    I approve of this train of thought.

Steam profile
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    spool32

Whereas I disapprove of the above

Steam profile
    All I remember of Ender is him repeatedly voting for me since I'd been relatively inactive early in the game and 'inactive AF = mafia'.

• sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    But kime it's so much easily to be a bad villager or a mafia if you let us get away with 1 word voteposts.

I agree that simply contributing your secret in a positive manner doesn't = you're verified.

@diorinix

RIDDLE ME THIS CRAPMAN
    Why have your posts been:

Mock horror at a mafia being mafia.
    Joining Spool on a vote (and belittling your kill. It was luck! Your mafiadar is off!)
    Verifying "100%" the way to use your secret (which we'd known for a day+)
    Acting like you were covering for Kime aiming you by claiming your kill (or is your mafiadar off? I'm so confused!)
    Wait, no it was a lucky shot in the dark!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_pfwSX1Lp8ix-6W3RuwIVXCuEQaee89X1cP5wyL4yRVHXzuFW6Q

Your posts reek of faux-helpfulness and alternate between helplessness (mafiadar off! sorry guys!) and skill (I killed a mafia remember? I was just covering for you Kime when I claimed credit for my aim. )

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
    Point by point:

- mock horror?
    - legitmately joining spool's vote because we had no direction from the network. Or would have rather me join another bandwagon on a villager?
    - the verification was in response to several people questioning in the thread how the secrets revealed mechanic worked. Obviously some people didn't know or cared to know.
    - I didn't want to reveal that kime had included me into the network, potentially adding another juicy target for the mafia to take out.
    - There was a sequence of choices we had for who to aim at with my secret. Exarch was chosen by eliminating one option, with others as a possibility. We didn't have confirmation on any of the others - how else can you describe that besides luck?

Try harder.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Good morning, phalla.

A couple quick pre-coffee observations:

This is good info about Diorinix - I had been operating under the assumption that he made his own kill decision and had basically penciled him in as confirmed village. From the looks of things it might be time to revisit that.

Also, I've been saying this for a couple days, but the psolms situation definitely hammers it home - there's essentially no way that TNB is mafia at this point. Broken clock indeed.

More once I'm properly caffeinated.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I'm going camping tonight, so a quick vote for spool.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Point by point:

- mock horror?
    - legitmately joining spool's vote because we had no direction from the network. Or would have rather me join another bandwagon on a villager?
    - the verification was in response to several people questioning in the thread how the secrets revealed mechanic worked. Obviously some people didn't know or cared to know.
    - I didn't want to reveal that kime had included me into the network, potentially adding another juicy target for the mafia to take out.
    - There was a sequence of choices we had for who to aim at with my secret. Exarch was chosen by eliminating one option, with others as a possibility. We didn't have confirmation on any of the others - how else can you describe that besides luck?

Try harder.

That's interesting, because you
    Kime, it was my suggestion NOT to aim at the first target you brought up, which led to us hitting Exarch. And don't forget, I have co-operated AND have done other things to help the network. Tossing me aside seems petty. There are actual mafia to investigate.

Basically contradicting your claim of bad mafiadar (see hey I have good aim I'm the reason we hit) and you're acting like you belong in the network without seering. Your tone and claims don' jive.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0mWF5C3MZrOApdbcR170n2Rg3fYOSdMJKovqk-xvEM-QTFSSQ9w

Walkerdog on MTGO
    So you're speaking on behalf of the network, then? Where's your seering?

I'll take direction from kime when directed, thank you very much. Perhaps you could enlighten us with what he's told you?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
    And have a repeat of spool?

No thank you.

What? No, I'm acting on behalf of your awkwardly contradictory posts in the thread. Kime has encouraged discussion and you seem to feel that because your power was involved in 1 positive thing, that you're above suspicion.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    And have a repeat of spool?

No thank you.

:(

I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker,
    And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker,
    And in short, I was afraid.

And would it have been worth it, after all,
    After the cups, the marmalade, the tea,
    Among the porcelain, among some talk of you and me,
    Would it have been worth while,         
    To have bitten off the matter with a smile,
    To have squeezed the universe into a ball
    To roll it toward some overwhelming question,
    To say: “I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
    Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all”
    —         
    If one, settling a pillow by her head,
      Should say: “That is not what I meant at all;
      That is not it, at all.”

Tonight, it'll be 3 times postive things.

And lest we forget, I had a vote on psolms on day 1 and stuck to it. 4 others did the same, of which 3 were also village (kime, dave, langly).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    Tonight, it'll be 3 times postive things.

And lest we forget, I had a vote on psolms on day 1 and stuck to it. 4 others did the same, of which 3 were also village (kime, dave, langly).

And ME! I confirm I'm a villager. ^_~ lol, one hell of a coincidence that he ACTUALLY ended up being Mafia though. Must of been 2pm on this broken clock of mine. Spool looks to be diving today

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    There is no network. There is only KIME, and ye all shall bow before HIM

Steam profile
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Sorry for qviet today. Svper bvsy at work :(
    Povnding headache. Joy.