As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tier 3 Gun Puppies:The Legend of Bullet Helda.[Spiral Knights]

1141516171820»

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    carmofin wrote: »
    you need 5 Star gear AND experience from Vanaduke runs, I'd say. But what do I know, I've never set foot there myself...
    But from what I'm told, nothing is more brutal then a shadow lair run.

Yup. It's also recommended everyone go in with 1000 CE ready to lose. Because people die.

• Options
    carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    Phew, today they finally fix that money issue, the game was turning into work. Recently it was possible to turn your 100 Mist energy per day into about 500 Energy by doing FSC runs. But of course, that took some time and effort, I probably made 3000 energy or so with it.
    Now hopefully there will be reasosn to do other thigns too again...

PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    So, do any of you guys still play this game at all or nah?

Don't know why but during the steam sale I started poking around with this game again. They've changed it a lot since I first played it way back in the day, it seems pretty neat now. I just because a soldier (rank 4). I've been mostly running solo or grouping with random people, but having some people to play with would be fun.

• Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    I've given it a try multiple times, but the lack of cool people to play with is what kept me from continuing to log on. Pretty much sums up on F2P MMOs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm quite digging the Zelda Four Swords vibe I'm getting from it. But yeah, playing by myself I see my interest holding for only so long. The plus side is that my laptop can definitely run the game, which is a huge plus as soon it will be my only gaming platform. But yeah, seeing how PA interest seems to have dwindled for this game I guess I'll have to find myself a guild if I want to maintain interest.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Edit: Double post :(

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I play occasionally. If you hop on the PA steam chat there are usually some people playing. Adellios and Morningstar come to mind as consistent players.

• Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    How do I get in on this PA steam chat?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Can I get an invite? In as Sotar

• Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    They've been popping out quite a few new challenge missions lately. I havent tried them yet but I've heard they are fun. I spend most of the time looking at the auction house rather than doing missions/arcade these days.

Bombs are great, been buying a few here and there with CTR Medium UVs.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Likewise I just popped back over to this game after giving it a whirl at launch. Its cuteness charms me.

I am but a lowly newb robo-knight-guy!

Steam: pylonsound
    Character: Desc-Sort

• Options
    Aww yeah wolver suit and helmet. Gifted sword and shield.

Who's got two thumbs and two stars on his gear? This guy.

So who all is playing? What's the guild? Etc?

Let's bonk some adorable monsters.

• Options
    TrynantTrynant Maniac Brawler Rank 20.100 and full WildRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »

I really should get back into this game. I think I'm probably going to drop some cash on the elevator pass though, simply because it's easier for me to admit this is a subscription-based game than the time-vampire grindfest of a F2P that it otherwise is.

• Options
    Anyone for chuckles and friendship in 10-15 mins?

• Options
    Trynant wrote: »
    desc wrote: »

I really should get back into this game. I think I'm probably going to drop some cash on the elevator pass though, simply because it's easier for me to admit this is a subscription-based game than the time-vampire grindfest of a F2P that it otherwise is.

I've only been playing this week but ended up buying the elevator pass -- it's $6 while I give the game a whirl which is less than half what I paid for WoW monthly.

I dig the game so far and have paid more than $6 for games that ended up being lamer.

• Options
    An elevator pass is mighty tempting. I will not lie.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I just jumped back into this for the holiday season. anyone playing? is there a guild? is there a different guild?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    Just wanted to post that the game was updated today with battle sprites, the removal of energy costs from crafting/elevators, everyone gets the same loot in a run, new revive system, etc. Really not too keen on the new UI and there's new things like dashing and shield bashing that I have no idea about.

• Options
    You have to bind dashing and bashing to keys, and then they are pretty straight forward.

When you tap dash your character will leap in that direction and be temporarily invulnerable, and you will see a countdown on the bottom of your screen before you can dash again. Its good for keeping distance or dodging some attacks. Shield bash requires that your shield be at full health and uses half of your shields health, you run forward and through enemies and anyone you hit is stunned for a bit. Good if you are about to get boxed in.

The battle sprites seem neat, definitely let you customize your character way more than before.

It will be interesting to see how the new revive and heat system shake out. Not being able to revive teammates anymore makes me a little sad, but, at least I will no longer drag myself down with my team by reviving four or more times in a single level.

• Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    You can still revive your team by donating them a life. I tried it out yesterday, but the game still seems too easy for me. I have yet to try a really hard mission on elite, though.

• Options
    Yeah my mistake, read the sentence where you can't revive people by sharing life anymore and then skipped the one saying you can revive them using Sparks of Life.

• Options
    TrynantTrynant Maniac Brawler Rank 20.100 and full WildRegistered User regular
    Toothy wrote: »
    You can still revive your team by donating them a life. I tried it out yesterday, but the game still seems too easy for me. I have yet to try a really hard mission on elite, though.

Tier 3 missions on elite were pretty damn brutal for me; although I could brute force through it at the cost of waaaaay to many lives.