As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Reboot-[Mini Phalla]-Stever777 has left the game - Village/Slash Victory!

GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
edited August 2012 in Critical Failures
Reboot Phalla

225px-Reboottitlecard.gif

Bob flew around Mainframe on his hover board. This was bad, very very bad. A game was incoming, but this time it was different. The game cube was massive, covering the sky of all of Mainframe. Normally only a single section would get caught in the fight of the game, but this time every citzen would be involved. That meant if they failed all of mainframe would be nullified. Bob waited patiently as the game cube fell upon him, as he entered the game he noticed his new surroundings. He was in a dark dreary, run down old village. This was a game he had never played before. Worried Bob tapped his icon "Reboot!", hoping for some sort of weapon to help him fight the user he instead found himself wrapped in a dark shadowy cloak. He could see figures in the town moving as well, all wearing the same cloak. It would be impossible to tell anyone apart now.

"Glitch what kind of game is this?" Bob asked his keytool.

You have entered the game of Phalla.

What is Reboot?

ReBoot is a Canadian CGI-animated action-adventure cartoon series that originally aired from 1994 to 2001. It follows the story of the inhabitants of Mainframe, who are the programs who live inside a computer. The main character is Bob the Guardian of Mainframe, he protects the people of Mainframe against the viruses Megabyte and Hexadecimal. Also pretty much every epsisode the mysterious "User" submits a game, which the peole of Mainframe must play in. Failure to beat the User will result in all the programs stuck in the game to be nullified. It ran for 3 seasons and ended on a massive cliffhanger, much to the chagrin of the younger me.

Opening Credits
What is Phalla?

Phalla is the Penny Arcade forums take on the party game Mafia. The basic concept is the existance of a small group of players who are informed of each other (the mafia) who are trying to kill all of the uniformed group (the village). For more information on how Phalla differs from mafia check out the the OP of the Phalla sign up board.

Whats special about this Phalla?

Not a whole lot to be honest, this is my first time running a Phalla so I decided to go with a pretty vanilla game set up. We will have our normal set of seers/guards/vigs and such. I have a few suprises to keep things from getting too boring. Our game will focus around the fight between the People of Mainframe and the Users. What are the viruses of mainframe doing at ths time? Who knows. This is a 30 person game. We can go a bit lower if we have too, but I'm hoping not.

Signing Up
Sign up with the phrase "I !sign up" or similar phrase in bold limegreen[/b] or other bright, easily visible color to ensure that your intent to play is acknowledged. Signups will be open until we reach the maximum amount of players (30).

Voting

You must try to find the Users, who are playing as the mafia side. Vote for the player who seems most suspicous in red. You may retract a vote by posting "!retract <player name>" or similar phrase in bold limegreen or change your vote by making another one in bold red. If you edit a vote post it will be invalidated. The player who receives the most vote will be killed by the game, probally in the most sadistic, horrifying way possible. Should there be a tie in the vote, then all players involved in the tie will be eliminated. If the vote winner is killed before the vote goes into effect no one will be voted off. There is no trickling of the vote.

Orders

All orders must be submitted before 24:00 EDT to be valid. Orders must be sent to me via PM. The most recent order PM will be the one considered the active order.

Inactivity

Players must vote at least once a day as well as have one non vote post. Failure to do so will result in the game kicking you out as afk.

Clarifications
Any questions about the general game rules may be made by highlighting the question in bold goldenrod text. Answers will be posted in the thread and collected in the below section. Player-specific inquiries that are not addressed in the general rules may be asked via PM to the host.

Standard Rule Reminders

No sharing of host-provided PMs via screenshots or direct quotation. However, information may be shared indirectly, such as through rephrasing. You may not add new players to preexisting private conversations after the first message - start a new conversation instead. No anonymous contact is allowed. All messages must be traceable to a player in the game. Once you are eliminated, you may not make any more game conversation with players remaining in the game.

Sample Village PM
You are a binome(a program that lives and works in Mainframe)! You are a normal denizen of mainframe who has been trapped in the game cube called Phalla failure to win the game will result in nullification. An experience where you are turned into a mindless jelly like creature. It is not pleasant.

Victory Condition: The Village finds and kills all threats to itself.

Special Powers: None! You are just a normal binome.

1. Kilnaga
6. adventfalls
9. Alegis
13. Smoove Operator
15. Vagrant Winds
18. premium
22. TRV
23.INANTP
27. Malkor

The Dead
17. 38thDoe-Hack-Purged by the Vote
28.sportzboytjw-Binome-Death by Infection
4. Anialos-Phong-Should have looked up
7. Farangu - Binome - Disintegrated
10. Enlightenbum -Binome - Ctrl:Alt: Deleted
2. jdarksun - User - Game Over
26. Kaplar-User
5. Infidel - Binome - Ctrl Alt deleted
24. The Ender - Binome - Disintegrated
25. The Anonymous
21. Mill - Binome - Purged by the Vote
16. Obifett - Binome - stabbed unto death
3. Orange Soda - Binome - Disintegrated
11. Megafrost - Megabyte - Purged by the vote
12. The Dagon- User - Game Over
14. Void Slayer - Bob - Erased
19.Cythraul - Hexadecimal - died of a broken heart
20. Assuran - User - Game Over
8. stever777
Reserve
1. Kime
2.Phyphor
3.Goose

Thanks to spool32, I cribbed from his Rise of the Logic Phallacies game to make sure I didnt' miss anything too important in the OP.

Please include me in any PM's or proboards involved in this game.

Narrations
Day 1
Day 2 - And Nothing Made Sense
Day 3-Remember to Update your Anitvirus!
Day 4-An Eventful Night
Day 5- Trust Issues
Day 6- Hexadecimal has left the building

Greenbarons on
ยซ13456721

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Reboot! I loved me some ReBoot back in the day.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Reserve

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    I think everyone can agree that Megabytes voice was such pure delicous evil that it made the entire show fantastic.

• Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    signup

Orange Soda on
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Sign me in!

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Alphanumeric!

OrokosPA.png
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I will reserve

• sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    How did it run from '94 to '01 but only 3 seasons? Just endless reruns?

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
    I think there was a huge break in between the 2nd and 3rd season.

• adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    In the memory of Tony Jay!!

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think everyone can agree that Megabytes voice was such pure delicous evil that it made the entire show fantastic.
    Yep Tony Jay is awesome, I can't think of a bad performance he turned in. He was in Fallout, Planescape:Torment, Mighty Max, Tale Spin, Hunchback of Notre Dame, among others.

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

You're forgetting the Elder God from Legacy of Kain.

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Oh man I'm in.

My favorite episode was the one with the game where they spoof Evil Dead, Elvira and Thriller within a minute of each other.

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    up sign

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Although I read LPs of all those games, I never actually played any of them.

38thDoE on steam

Although I read LPs of all those games, I never actually played any of them.

Just watch some YouTube videos. The Legacy of Kain games have some of the best VO in all of games.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular

• The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    Reboot yesssssss

This was an awesome show, especially for budding young graphic designers. Look at those specular highlights man, that was some intense shit back then. Bob's hair was a miracle.

I wish they would do a ... you know... a reboot...

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    [ color=limegreen][ b]sign up phrase[ /b][ /color]

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    10 [Sign up for new phalla]
    20 wait [Get voted off]
    30 goto 10

Honestly though I only watched this show a few times.

It had an interesting premise to create a variety of different plots and adventures but something about the character models creeped me out, not really sure why.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    00100001 01010011 01101001 01100111 01101110 00100000 01010101 01110000

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Reboot

It was better than Tron!
    Tony Jay>David Warner

38thDoE on steam

• premiumpremium Registered User regular

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Yessssss

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    It is August, and therefore I can play again.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Me! Pick Me! :lol:

However, since I'm still alive in Game of Secrets, I'm willing to cede the spot if someone who is not currently playing in a phalla wants in and there aren't any open slots.

Mill on
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: ยป
    However, since I'm still alive in Game of Secrets, I'm willing to cede the spot if someone who is not currently playing in a phalla wants in and there aren't any open slots.

Oh, good & courteous point, Mill.
    Me, too.
    I'm in the same boat.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    We are filling up quite nicely, if we hit 30 people by tonight I will start the game tommorow. If not I'll wait to Sunday to try to get a full game.

Also for your viewing pleasure while we wait for the rest of the gang to join in. My favorite scene from Reboot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2JrQI3s154

Mainframe is having a talent show, so what does the master of all evil, Megabyte do? Crash it with heavy metal of course.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Signup

Conversions?

Thralls/millers?

Users?

liEt3nH.png
  • MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Order of actions?

Does narration announce special powers that were used? Does it indicate who used it? If yes, by player name or role name?

Signup

Conversions?

Thralls/millers?

Users?

No, No, Users are exactly that the User of the computer. They use their computers to play their games, not realizing that if the computer loses the game, all of the programs who were in the game will die. For this Phalla the Users will constitute the Mafia, seeking to win the game against the computer controlled village.
    Order of actions?

Does narration announce special powers that were used? Does it indicate who used it? If yes, by player name or role name?

Narration will only indicate the Vigs and if they were blocked or not. Role names will not be tied to the Vigs. I feel this is necessary due to the design of a tv based Phalla. If someone claims a vig that is tied to Bob, you know he is the hero and village aligned.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I'll Sign Up if there's room

I'll Sign Up if there's room

We most definitely have room. 8 more to fill the game up.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I am bad at count. Most I can get to is 10011

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    @Greenbarons

You missed INANTP.

Assuran on
    @Greenbarons

You missed INANTP.

You saw nothing. :)

• The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Dammit GreenBarons This is not the supercomputer!

With Love and Courage