As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] 2012 Assassins Ball! (Ordering open until the 31st) [108!]

• jclemyjclemy Registered User regular
    Oooh I think I've got to get in on this.

• MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    jclemy wrote: »

Great let me know if you have any questions!

In other news the Kingsport Raiders and Robot Ninjas buttons are ordered and in production. Here's the proofs from PureButtons for those:

[img]http://www.phenixone.com/resources/games/AssassinsBall/Proof-Kingsport Raiders.png[/img]

[img]http://www.phenixone.com/resources/games/AssassinsBall/Proof-Robot Ninjas.png[/img]

I'm working on the Varsity Dead button now and will be putting together the Cowboy 'Verse and Sparkly Ponies following that one. Let me know what you think of these and any suggestions you have!

• ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    I like the sparkling ponies picture that looks like splattered paint. Are you thinking of making that their button?

3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular

In other news the Kingsport Raiders and Robot Ninjas buttons are ordered and in production. Here's the proofs from PureButtons for those:

[img]http://www.phenixone.com/resources/games/AssassinsBall/Proof-Kingsport Raiders.png[/img]

I'm working on the Varsity Dead button now and will be putting together the Cowboy 'Verse and Sparkly Ponies following that one. Let me know what you think of these and any suggestions you have!

I think I would prefer the Kingsport Raiders button if it didn't have the map lines, just have a nice black Raiders logo instead as I LOVE the design of it. The Robot Ninjas button is perfect in that regard.

• JeppyJeppy Maple Valley WARegistered User regular
    I can't wait for this. I'm going to take out as many Kingsport Raiders as possible. Then I will go after the Sparkly Ponies... gotta have priorities.

I like the sparkling ponies picture that looks like splattered paint. Are you thinking of making that their button?

That's probably what we'll do unless I can come up with anything more sparkly pony-ish. :D

I think I would prefer the Kingsport Raiders button if it didn't have the map lines, just have a nice black Raiders logo instead as I LOVE the design of it. The Robot Ninjas button is perfect in that regard.

I had that same idea myself when starting on that button and tried to replicate the smalle raiders logo used on the site and in the OP but had difficulty making the design pop in the same way.

Jeppy wrote: »
    I can't wait for this. I'm going to take out as many Kingsport Raiders as possible. Then I will go after the Sparkly Ponies... gotta have priorities.

This is a man with a plan.

I had that same idea myself when starting on that button and tried to replicate the smalle raiders logo used on the site and in the OP but had difficulty making the design pop in the same way.

Gotcha! It still looks great, will definitely snatch one up! =D

• koleypunchkoleypunch Portland, OR/Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I am totally into this. Definitey will buy!

location! location! bees!
    edited July 2012
    koleypunch wrote: »
    I am totally into this. Definitey will buy!

Great! Which faction are you leaning towards?

MarsChelios on
  • SuzamaSuzama Registered User regular
    Bought a kit for me and one for my brother. This sounds like fun and I can't wait to play. But I do have a few questions:

- If I am killed can we still wear my badge or do I need to take it off?

- If I just wanted to gather intel for a while could I take my badge off, or should I wear it at all times while I am playing the game?

Thanks!

Suzama wrote: »
    Bought a kit for me and one for my brother. This sounds like fun and I can't wait to play.

Thanks! I've got you guys in the population count now!

- If I am killed can we still wear my badge or do I need to take it off?

It's better if you take it off if you are killed. That's so players with missions don't confuse you for their target. In the past the badges were designed to be flipped upside down when you were killed but once we noticed the majority of killed players would take off their badges we changed the rules to allow that.

At this point I won't say it's required but wearing your badge after being killed just means you are ptentially giving other players a greater chance to Gather Intel on you.

- If I just wanted to gather intel for a while could I take my badge off, or should I wear it at all times while I am playing the game?

As long as you're alive and in the convention center you need to be wearing your badge. It's really important to the game as a whole that active players wear their badges so players are able to find one another, whether it be for assassinations or gathering intel.

Great questions! Let me know if you have any more! :)

Thanks for the answers, MarsChelios! I will let you know if I have anymore questions.

edited August 2012
    Thanks for the answers, MarsChelios! I will let you know if I have anymore questions.

No problem! :) To all those who have ordered, your kits have now been shipped, barring international orders for pickup at the convention. It should take about 3-5 days for kits to arrive, let us know when you get them!

Also here's a preview of the Varsity Dead button, let us know your thoughts!

1.5_INCH_ROUND.png

MarsChelios on
  • neuroticsilenceneuroticsilence PDXRegistered User regular
    This sounds like a whole mess of fun! I may be biting off more than I can chew for my first PAX, but I figure go big or go home right? Once payday rolls around I'm so in.

3DS Friend code: 2020-1039-6884
    b2f88qjay83l.png
    This sounds like a whole mess of fun! I may be biting off more than I can chew for my first PAX, but I figure go big or go home right? Once payday rolls around I'm so in.

Great! Biting and chewing? Sounds like Varsity Dead or a reanimated Kingsport Raider!

• ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    signed up for robot ninjas :D this sounds like fun! quick question though, does everyone get their faction button just for participating?

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
    edited August 2012

No problem! :) To all those who have ordered, your kits have now been shipped, barring international orders for pickup at the convention. It should take about 3-5 days for kits to arrive, let us know when you get them!

Also here's a preview of the Varsity Dead button, let us know your thoughts!

1.5_INCH_ROUND.png

Looks awesome! I was debating on joining Varsity, given my costume and all, but Kingsport won me over with their awesome logo. XD

Sharkey1337 on
  • ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    If the buttons are still pending, and the kits are shipping, are we to meet somewhere at PAX to get the buttons?

3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    Personally, I'd like to know whether or not it's possible to get other factions' buttons. I love Cowboy 'Verse and all, but it'd be really cool to have all five. :D

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
    edited August 2012
    ramen215 wrote: »
    signed up for robot ninjas :D this sounds like fun! quick question though, does everyone get their faction button just for participating?

Welcome, augmented assassin!
    ramen215 wrote: »
    quick question though, does everyone get their faction button just for participating?
    If the buttons are still pending, and the kits are shipping, are we to meet somewhere at PAX to get the buttons?

Yes, we'll be giving out buttons to players for their faction. I'll be at some of the pre-PAX events as well as the button meetups to give out faction buttons to players. I'll also be trying to tweet where I am if you'd like to stop by and pick yours up. I'm planning to have a sign this year to make it easy to spot me for things like this. :)

P.S. Any meetups during PAX will be considered a safe zone.

kemikal wrote: »
    Personally, I'd like to know whether or not it's possible to get other factions' buttons. I love Cowboy 'Verse and all, but it'd be really cool to have all five. :D

It is possible there's just not an official/certain way to do it yet other than getting one kit for every faction or trading buttons with other people.

MarsChelios on
  • ShyanaShyana Registered User regular
    I take it that once a team is selected there will be no changing that after the order is placed?

edited August 2012
    Shyana wrote: »
    I take it that once a team is selected there will be no changing that after the order is placed?

For the most part this is true. If you can get up with me before I print or package/ship the kit(s) to you I can substitute another faction. I usually have other faction kits available to do this.

MarsChelios on
  • ShyanaShyana Registered User regular
    For the most part this is true. If you can get up with me before I print or package/ship the kit(s) to you I can substitute another faction. I usually have other faction kits available to do this.
    Yeah i just noticed how uneven the teams are is all. wasnt sure if that would provide an imbalance to the game

• atlasalmightyatlasalmighty Registered User new member
    Just ordered 2 kits. Cant wait!

So to get started, do we have a meet up at all? Or we do just arrive @ pax and place it on our arm ready to go as we enter the convention floor?

edited August 2012
    Shyana wrote: »
    Yeah i just noticed how uneven the teams are is all. wasnt sure if that would provide an imbalance to the game

They should even out a little more over time. I've actually seen a marked increase in orders over the last two days and most of those were for factions other than Kingsport.

There is a chance of an imbalance if one faction dominates but it's actually bad for the dominant faction since every missions faction listed in a mission is linked to an actual badge. A faction with twice as many people would just increase the chances of a player getting a more specific kill and more points.

Note that the shape still has to match however and the chances of that is set at 1 in 6 players.

Just ordered 2 kits. Cant wait!

So to get started, do we have a meet up at all? Or we do just arrive @ pax and place it on our arm ready to go as we enter the convention floor?

Great! There's no meetup specified though I will be posting places to pickup buttons. I've also been mulling over starting a group photo, with a meetup when PAX is over for that and buttons (and so players can meetup without killing each other!).

To answer your question if you have your kit when PAX starts just put on your badge and dial your paranoia up!

MarsChelios on
    Just received my two kits! GAH, SO EXCITED!!! XD

• LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Finally ordered mine!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
    edited August 2012
    Just received my two kits! GAH, SO EXCITED!!! XD

Hooray! Glad to hear people are getting them! :)
    Finally ordered mine!

Great! Can't wait to see you again! :D

MarsChelios on
    Hey Mars, any idea when you might have the PAX Prime kit registration up? It's only showing PAX East right now, and thus can't register my kit. =P

• redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    Hey Mars, any idea when you might have the PAX Prime kit registration up? It's only showing PAX East right now, and thus can't register my kit. =P
    http://www.phenixone.com/games/assassins/ordering

Oh I've already ordered and received my kits, just can't register them right now.

• redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    Ah, reading comprehension fail on my part. Carry on.

This should hopefully be fixed now for you and any others who receive kits. Thanks for the heads up!

Awesome, got it registered!

Just got my kits in the mail today. They are awesome! We were able to register them with out a problem. Thanks!

Awesome, got it registered!
    Just got my kits in the mail today. They are awesome! We were able to register them with out a problem. Thanks!

Good to hear! Thanks so much for playing everyone!

• jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    Just signed up for the Varsity Dead faction! Happy hunting :D

PimDtoK.png
  • kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    Just got my kit in the mail! :)
    The player badge and mission card are so fancy! I was expecting something made of card stock and hand cut haha.

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
    jukkakhan wrote: »
    Just signed up for the Varsity Dead faction! Happy hunting :D

Welcome to the horde!

kemikal wrote: »
    Just got my kit in the mail! :)
    The player badge and mission card are so fancy! I was expecting something made of card stock and hand cut haha.

Thanks! I'm so happy people are getting their kits! :D

• ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    Received my kit today :D, just registered it on the site, but i have one small problem.

My symbol looks like this on the site: http://phenixone.com/wp-content/themes/yoko/resources/php/service.image.symbol.php?symbol_id=134

But my actual symbol looks like BHGYT (pink perimeter of square with little black triangle in top left) in the rules: http://www.phenixone.com/resources/games/AssassinsBall/AssassinsBall_Rules_PRIME_Draft2.pdf (second page)

Is that going to be a problem? I'm guessing not, but I'd like to make sure :)

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
This discussion has been closed.