As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] FIFTH Annual Northern California Pre-PAX Meet-Up!

CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw!Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX West
Alright, kids! A WEEKISH away for all those awesome folks who will be taking the train on up to the Great Land of Home Seattle. I think it is my turn to take the reins of this awesomely-epic meet-up.

WHAT IS THIS, MAN!?!

Easy! For the fifth year, Northern Californians (going all the way up to Chico and beyond, all the way down to Santa Clara and beyond and all in between) will be meeting up the Saturday prior to PAX.

2151 Cowell Boulevard
Davis CA
530-753-1883
Date and Time: Saturday, August 25th - 1PM PDT until whenever.
What is this for?:A time for fellow PAXians, both veteran and new, to hang out and reminisce of the previous times or prepping for the following weekend. Stories. Expectations. Maybe some buttoneerings? Also. Eating pizza. If you're not a pizza-lover, then just simply hang with us. I promise we all had our rabies shots recently.

In the meantime, all from the bay area to the valley to the mountains and all in between are completely welcome.

Chat away, ladies and gentlemen. Time to prepare for our time in the sun!
Last year's thread. PLEASE DO NOT POST in there. I don't feel like anyone getting the hammer from the Mods.

In the Spoiler below are links from different directions leading to the Round Table.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
zerzhul on

• Options
    yanthraxyanthrax boners bonersRegistered User regular
    Been looking forward to this ever since the end of last year's Prime! Really excited to see everyone there again, as well as new faces.

Being a Davis native, I can indeed confirm that the Round Table Pizza in South Davis is still there. Putting this here, just in case I might be wrong sometime during the next ~30 days

• Options
    Cerrato0426Cerrato0426 Registered User regular
    I've been waiting for this thread to pop up! I'll make sure to request the day off tomorrow. I'm not sure who will be able to make it from the Chico Crew but I'll be there at the very least.

Has anyone heard if Blain's going to PAX this year? I ran into Vonxwolfenstein's husband a couple weeks ago and he said that they did get passes this year so maybe we'll have more Chico representation at the meetup!

• Options
    Has anyone heard if Blain's going to PAX this year? I ran into Vonxwolfenstein's husband a couple weeks ago and he said that they did get passes this year so maybe we'll have more Chico representation at the meetup!

Guess I'm going to have to be THAT guy who bumps this thing. My buddy who I went to PAX with last year is bringing his girlfriend this time around, so count 3 of us in for the pre-PAX meetup. I was wondering if Blain was going as well. I expected him to make the thread, but luckily CaptainTapole got it.

• Options
    itchbayitchbay Self-Rescuing Princess Registered User regular
    Oh. Man. But but but... that's the head start for Guild Wars 2.

Not *that* kind of princess.
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Sorry! I've been too anxious with the Pre-Reg for next year's SDCC. After tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon, then I will be all PAXPAXPAX again.

• Options
    Cerrato0426Cerrato0426 Registered User regular
    I'm friends with Blain on FB. I'll try and get ahold of him and see what's up. We should PM a couple normal NorCal Meetup people and see if maybe they just haven't seen the thread.

• Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    I was planning to make the thread today if nobody else had gotten around to it. I didn't get passes this year, but hanging out with and meeting new gamers is the best part of PAX, so I'm still happy to attend / help with the meetup.

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Sadtimes you will not be joining us in Seattle this year! But I am glad you will be hanging out with us on Saturday!

• Options
    edited August 2012
    One week and fourish hours left until Californians from EVERYWHERE* hang out and destroy the Round Table. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

...I mean! We eat some yummy food. Chat. Reminisce. Predict. Plot. Plan. Proceed. Pwn. I ran out of "P" words that would be relevant to this.

OP UPDATED! Every direction I can think of should be on there.
    * = EVERYWHERE meaning those who wish to join us.

PS This was a mild bump.

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    StierCo IndStierCo Ind Registered User new member
    I am not really 100% sure about VonWolfenstein and My self making it to the meeting. But we will be At PAX for sure.

• Options
    No problemo! If you can, then yay! If not, then we'll most certainly see y'all over in Seattle!

• Options
    YamaraYamara Registered User regular
    A PAX meetup merely blocks from my house...? But I think I'm out of town that day. :( I will have to doublecheck, but I think there's a family birthday party that day.

We want strategy board game testers! Check out Paiko's Indie Game thread.
  • Options
    Yamara wrote: »
    A PAX meetup merely blocks from my house...? But I think I'm out of town that day. :( I will have to doublecheck, but I think there's a family birthday party that day.
    NOOOOOOO! It's fine. If you can't make it, we will shun you.

SHUN!!!!!!!!!!

...Okay, not really, but we will be sad there is one less awesomely-epic person there.

• Options
    T-minus 47 hours! Fingers crossed I'm not the only one who shows up and has to down a pizza and a pitcher on my own.

• Options
    Sushi HeroSushi Hero Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Hey guys! I have a question for all of you. I've got a friend who is currently planning on driving up to Seattle (Thursday is his birthday!) but it might be more convenient if he were able to catch a rideshare with someone. Is anyone driving? If so, are you going up 101 or I-5? PM me if you have any space open in your car and would be willing to let him tag along for some gas money :]

• Options
    I will be going to the Round Table after work today to confirm we have that little "party" area though we cannot officially reserve it. I will state to them there will be a big (15? 20?) party there.

I will be there around noon-thirty, so you won't be the lone one, @yanthrax!

• Options
    Okay! Spoke to the MOD at the joint today and he said it's cool. So hooray!

I recall from the past couple of years, folks purchasing their own stuff, but anyone is more than willing to get a large of something and share or whatever. I'm just a selfish brat therefore getting my own. :P

• Options
    GeekyPrincessGeekyPrincess Registered User regular
    Hello other NorCal people, just saw this and wanted to say hi! I will be baking and prepping for cookie brigade all weekend, but I'll think happy PAXnerd thoughts for you all. That and seriously I'm new to NorCal and barely make it out of Silicon Valley...sad, I know.

Cookie Brigade Prime 2011 and 2012!
    Shipping cookies for Prime 2013
  • Options
    Hello other NorCal people, just saw this and wanted to say hi! I will be baking and prepping for cookie brigade all weekend, but I'll think happy PAXnerd thoughts for you all. That and seriously I'm new to NorCal and barely make it out of Silicon Valley...sad, I know.
    Okay, but it is ONLY* because you are participating in being part of a group of deliciousness that you are not shunned.

*Jus' kidding! It's fine. We will see you in Seattle regardless!

• Options
    Five-and-a-half hours!! Are you kids ready?? I am!!

Alright not really, but mentally I am!

• Options
    Thanks all for coming, even you lovely lurkers! Although smaller than usual, still absolutely fun!

PS For all those readers out there, check out Paiko over at the Freeplay Tabletop area with @Yamara when they are available. It sounds totally cool and rather fun!

• Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    I liked the size of the gathering (other than the fact that Cerrato couldn't make it). If it gets bigger, people tend to split up into separate groups and mingle less.

Good job putting this together, Captain.

• Options
    YamaraYamara Registered User regular
    This was awesome. Thanks so much for coordinating. So glad I could sneak two hours in before we had to go!

If anyone wants info on Paiko-ish things, but doesn't end up tracking us down at PAX, feel free to PM me.

We want strategy board game testers! Check out Paiko's Indie Game thread.
This discussion has been closed.