As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

the strangest thing you have witnessed

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Weaver wrote: »
    Explained to a lawyer tonight the various atmospheric layers of Jupiter because of the simple question, what are you most afraid of.

I'm afraid of Jupiter.

Best not click this scary spoiler, then.
    Sailor.Jupiter.76316.jpg

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • SkylarkSkylark o7 Vile Rat o7 o7 Photon Torpedo o7Registered User regular
    Explained to a lawyer tonight the various atmospheric layers of Jupiter because of the simple question, what are you most afraid of.

I'm afraid of Jupiter.

In his defence, up until like 306 AD, it was a pretty damn good reason to be afraid.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Why would you be afraid of Jupiter.

It's pretty boss.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    one day jupiter will fall out of orbit and swallow the earth

it is true

broken image link
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    earth will be literally under seige by planet fucking jupiter

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular

OH SHIT

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I straight up posted a scary dream I had the other night where I was on a craft that was given bad burn info and dipped into Titans atmosphere.

Gas giants frighten me by their very scale.

edit: yes I know Titan is just a moon of a Saturn, the mission in the dream was to enter orbit around Saturn

Weaver on
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    what do you call the musical about sperm whale hunters?
    Jizz Whalers

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote: »

The next time I'm watching A New Hope with someone I'm not sure I'll be able to resist pointing this out.

• honkytonkhonkytonk Registered User regular
    I saw a car swerving back and forth on the highway, enter the overgrowth/underbrush to the left of, and about 4 feet below, the highway.Then it drove up one of those roads connecting the two highway directions and flew, upside down, somewhere between 3 and 8 feet above the road, into a thick forest. Really bizarre and surreal, it felt like I had a guest pass on a Hollywood stunt yard.

• FalxFalx Registered User regular
    honkytonk wrote: »
    I saw a car swerving back and forth on the highway, enter the overgrowth/underbrush to the left of, and about 4 feet below, the highway.Then it drove up one of those roads connecting the two highway directions and flew, upside down, somewhere between 3 and 8 feet above the road, into a thick forest. Really bizarre and surreal, it felt like I had a guest pass on a Hollywood stunt yard.

I was driving home from dropping a friend off home late one night when a car about 200 meters ahead of me started going up the onramp for a bridge. Made it halfway up before he apparently decided "nope" and just drove off the side back into the road he'd just left. He wasn't going too fast and only got some slight air but the rocks and gravel he sent flying almost took out me and the guy just in front of me.

Somehow his car wasn't destroyed and he put his foot down and rocketed off.

• TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Welp I did it!

I told my g/f about her sexy crab walk over dinner last night

We were both eating and I said "Hey, you know that 'sexy walk' you do sometimes when we are in bed?"

She says "Yeah..."

I say "I don't how how else to say this so I will just say it: It is a straight up crab walk."

She pauses for a moment and looks at me and says "WHAT"

"It's really cute though! It is just that you-"

"Nononono! OH my god!!!"

She bursts out laughing

A sea of relief washes over me

She says "SEE that is EXACTLY what I thought too!! I can't do that stupid fucking walk for the life of me!! When I tried it in class we all had a laugh over how I was basically a crab!"

"Wait, what??" I respond

"Yes!! Then me and my friends were like 'oh man you should totally do this for Bryan and see how he reacts! it will be priceless!' So then I DO it for you but you were like, really into it?? So I just kept doing it for you!!"

At this point we are both in hysterics

Two grown adults, both knowing there will be a crab walk involved at some point in their sexy times, both in some sort of silent agreement to say NOTHING about it to the other person

Later that night we were getting into the business when she stops me and looks me dead in the eyes and says

"Crab walk for me"

I freeze

"What?"

"Crab walk for me. I had to do it so many times for you, so you owe me at LEAST a few sexy crab walks"

"....Fair enough"

So now it seems

That I am the one who crab walks

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    That's fantastic.

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Well fuck me sideways.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Awesome beyond words

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Pfft we will join the Jovian sub system and like it

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Tasteticle you gotta put on ring it cause that lady is delightful

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
    Brainleech wrote: »

Pfft we will join the Jovian sub system and like it

Noooo the radiation

Well I wonder how effective mining hydrocarbons would be in the jovian subsystem and certain areas of Saturn

I still think dying while being asphyxiated, crushed from the pressure of the atmosphere and while being roasted in the heat of the planet would be a metal way to die

• TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    yes we have been together for over four years now and she has never stopped being awesome

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Well I wonder how effective mining hydrocarbons would be in the jovian subsystem and certain areas of Saturn

I still think dying while being asphyxiated, crushed from the pressure of the atmosphere and while being roasted in the heat of the planet would be a metal way to die

Considering it's a massive gravity well, it seems like a pretty inefficient place to harvest hydrocarbons.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    not Jupiter but the moons and other junk around known as the Jovian Sub system would be full of hydrocarbons but getting them is a pain

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, it still seems of dubious value. I mean, the highest volume application of hydrocarbons is for energy production. But that's been the case primarily because they've been relatively cheap to come by so far. If you're going to harvest them from the Jovian system, it seems like there are other alternatives that are more expensive than hydrocarbons currently, but should be considerably cheaper than Jovian hydrocarbons.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I am a jovian hydrocarbon.

Burn me.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    tasteticle could we swap lives for a few hours

i want to sexy crab walk

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    We should set jupiter on fire

That would be pretty cool

icGJy2C.png
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    As long as we attempt no landings on Europa.

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I only buy 100% pure jovian hydrocarbons, bottled at the source

• Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    ross you can sexy crab walk any time you want

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • MarsMars Registered User regular
    I wish all stories ended in a sexy crab walk

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Mars wrote: »
    I wish all stories ended in a sexy crab walk

Be the change you want to see in the world

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    Welp I did it!

I told my g/f about her sexy crab walk over dinner last night

We were both eating and I said "Hey, you know that 'sexy walk' you do sometimes when we are in bed?"

She says "Yeah..."

I say "I don't how how else to say this so I will just say it: It is a straight up crab walk."

She pauses for a moment and looks at me and says "WHAT"

"It's really cute though! It is just that you-"

"Nononono! OH my god!!!"

She bursts out laughing

A sea of relief washes over me

She says "SEE that is EXACTLY what I thought too!! I can't do that stupid fucking walk for the life of me!! When I tried it in class we all had a laugh over how I was basically a crab!"

"Wait, what??" I respond

"Yes!! Then me and my friends were like 'oh man you should totally do this for Bryan and see how he reacts! it will be priceless!' So then I DO it for you but you were like, really into it?? So I just kept doing it for you!!"

At this point we are both in hysterics

Two grown adults, both knowing there will be a crab walk involved at some point in their sexy times, both in some sort of silent agreement to say NOTHING about it to the other person

Later that night we were getting into the business when she stops me and looks me dead in the eyes and says

"Crab walk for me"

I freeze

"What?"

"Crab walk for me. I had to do it so many times for you, so you owe me at LEAST a few sexy crab walks"

"....Fair enough"

So now it seems

That I am the one who crab walks

the best of all possible ends to this story

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

weaver did you know that if it weren't for Jupiter, there's a good chance life on earth would be much more unpleasant

• Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    oh my god sexy crab walk saga is the best

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Uriel wrote: »
    As long as we attempt no landings on Europa.

Damn this notion, Europa or bust

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    eurpoa is still a shitbox of a moon
    Titan is where it's at

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    All of jupiters moons are cool

Even Ganymede
    Ganymede is the largest satellite in our solar system. It is larger than Mercury and Pluto, and three-quarters the size of Mars. If Ganymede orbited the sun instead of orbiting Jupiter, it would easily be classified as a planet.

icGJy2C.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    We should crash Ganymede into mars and see if we can get a decent planet out of it.

Just make sure it doesn't hit us on accident.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
This discussion has been closed.