As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAXsassins '06 - Double Dragon

• HexcoreHexcore Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Guess that makes me odd man. But then thats nothing new, I always have been a bit odd.

Hexcore on
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Accepted:
    LTM
    Maliarenko
    NSNick
    djbreslin
    jrunder
    MjStrwy
    Grayson100

Images missing (please email ASAP to ctishman@mac.com!):
    nullptr (need ninja pic)
    KidNamedLox (need ninja pic)

That means we have seventeen spots taken, and five left (of 22 slots: 20 new players + 2 defending champs)

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • RadHazGRadHazG Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I'd really like to play but I'll probably be to busy this year. :/ not that I'm complaining! Next year though definatly, I'll be throwing my mask in the ring. Unless of course I get another call...naaah. never happen. :)

RadHazG on
    Games and billions of dollars of destructive equipment? A match made in heaven!
    edited August 2006
    Resolved image issues with HolyHesus' image, added Hale and kicked KidNamedLox after 24 hours without a response to my email.

Lox, if you're out there, you're free to reapply!

We now have 19 confirmed players of 22 slots. Three left!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    edited August 2006
    ScottCain: Rejected. No images.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    what about me, am i confirmed?

Nephirij on
    edited August 2006
    No, you were rejected for no images. Try registering again, and also email your images as attachments to ctishman@mac.com. That way if it comes through without pics again, I can add them manually.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2006
    Woot! I finally got to register on here.

I'm looking forward to this =)

Unknown User on
    edited August 2006
    TheFez: Rejected - no pics

19 approved players, 3 slots left.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • HolyHesusHolyHesus Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Would you be able to post an updated list of the approved ninjas?

HolyHesus on
    edited August 2006
    List of approved players as of right now:

<Redacted for game security. Nothing to see here. Move along.>

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • kolekole Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    just registered and checking to see if everything went through.

can't wait to frag you punk ass ninjas!

beware of my hanger!

kole on
    edited August 2006
    <redacted>

Also, some updates: I just ordered a trophy today. It'll be here by the 12th, and I'll take some pictures!

We now have 21 approved ninjas, and only one spot left.

Another edit, this time in all-caps. Also, I'll be sending this in an email to everyone, for those who don't have forums accounts.

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE RULES, READ THEM NOW. THEY HAVE VITAL INFORMATION THAT YOU NEED IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE.

INFORMATION LIKE WHERE THE SHORT BUT MANDATORY MEETING IS, WHERE YOU GET YOUR WATCH AND FIRST ASSIGNMENT.

TEH RULZ

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited August 2006
    <redacted>

...and holy shit, that's it! Registration for PAXsassins is closed!

We've got our players. Look into their eyes, and know that one of these men or women will be hunting you at PAX, and that from this pool of lucky mooks, your target will be assigned.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • gray mattergray matter Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    A huge thanks to Ctishman for setting this up again, I can't wait until we meet, good luck to everyone this year!

gray matter on
    GrayMatterSig.jpg
  • The_ProfessorThe_Professor Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Shit, I don't check the forums for a day and look what happens.

The_Professor on
    edited August 2006
    By 'a day' you mean 'eight goddamn months' right? It's okay, I understand.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited August 2006
    Well, I was on top of the ball until the reg date that was posted on the site came and went. Then I sorta waited, and waited, and waited. Then I'm gone a day and the damn thing is over.

I guess I thought that there would've been more slots open, and that one day wouldn't mean all that much for my chances.

Oh well, more time for other things.

The_Professor on
    edited August 2006
    I guess it really was my fault for delaying that. I'm sorry, man. Next year?

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited August 2006
    Yeah, I'll be ready for it next year. This is my first PAX, it might be better that I don't spend it in a schizo-paranoid frame of mind.

The_Professor on
  • Grimblade2401Grimblade2401 Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Goddammit, I missed it! Work and a variety of other things have consipired to keep me from checking these boards very often, and now I see that registration has come and gone! Fuck!

Oh, well. Like the Professor, this will be my first time, too, so maybe it's better if I won't be constantly glancing over my shoulder and jumping at shadows.

EDIT: Why were there only 22 slots for participants? Given the number of people going to the con, there would undoubtedly be a lot more who would want to participate in this (like me).

Grimblade2401 on
    Stop reading my signature or I'll eat your brain.
    edited August 2006
    Well, we had 35 last year, and a smaller field of people to hunt through, and we didn't get through the game. This year, I kept it to 20 so we had some chance of finishing. I suspect that next year I may run two or more games, as the software will be in place. This also means I'll have my shit together next year more, and have a premade registration date that I can actually keep.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited August 2006
    trophy.jpg

Arrived today. It's big and hefty and impressive. Something worth fighting for. Something worth... killing for.

I'll see you fuckers at PAX!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • kolekole Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    this will look good in my trophy case...

...right next to my solid gold toilet, several locks of hair from professional female bowlers, and my 1st place ribbon from the 1997 Bag-O-Kitten Tossing Contest of Southern Idaho.

kole on
  • AndwarfAndwarf Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Glorious.

Andwarf on
    Most inanimate objects find me at least mildly agreeable!
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    That looks bad ass.

DJBreslin on
  • Ezekiel Zelias ChaosEzekiel Zelias Chaos Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Damn, I missed registration.

Ezekiel Zelias Chaos on
    heh heh heh
    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    edited August 2006
    That'll make one mighty impressive beer stein. The next best thing to winning the Stanley Cup...

Unknown User on
  • Grimblade2401Grimblade2401 Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Now I'm REALLY pissed at myself for missing registration...

Grimblade2401 on
    Stop reading my signature or I'll eat your brain.
    edited August 2006
    i look foreward to drinking many bottles of bawls out of that cup.

Nephirij on
    edited August 2006
    Nephirij wrote:

There's no way I'm going to allow that beauty to reside in Beavertown. The burbs don't deserve such a thing.

*^_^*

Unknown User on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2006
    Fucking sweet.

Good luck, ninjas.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited August 2006
    Posting this here because a couple people's emails bounced.

So, this is the final info for PAXsassins '06. We have 22 players with 22 intimidating ninja pics, but only one trophy, and therein lies the problem. I'm not going to saw it up and give a bit to each of you, so I think you're going to have to hunt each other down if you want the glory.

First off, there will be a meeting before the games starts, and this meeting will be mandatory. If you do not make it to the meeting on time, you will be marked dead immediately and removed from the running. At this meeting I'll call roll, go over the basic rules one more time, make sure everyone has my phone number and most importantly, give out your packets, which will contain play rules, your first dossier and your watch.

It will take place at 3:00 PM on Friday the 25th (Day 1). This is an hour after the doors open for pre-registrants. It will be held at the top of the stairs and elevator connecting levels 1 and 2 of the center.

Let me explain further, as the Meydenbauer isn't exactly straight-up-and-down. There are two main entrances to the center, both are off NE 6th street. There's the upper (main) door, which is where the day-of people entered last year. Then there's the lower set of doors, further east along NE 6th street. If you're entering at the lower doors (and tradition says you will be), hang an immediate left after entering and go up either the stairs or the elevator to Floor 2. The meeting will be at the top of those steps there.

If you're coming in at the upper doors for some reason, stick to the right wall and head past the big escalator to the area at the top of the steps that come up from the level below. That's where the meeting will be.

If you're coming in somewhere else, you're such a ninja that you don't NEED instructions to tell you where to go. Hell, chances are we're all dead already if this is the case.

Remember: The meeting is mandatory. If you're not there, you will be DROPPED! It'll be real short, I promise.

Charles (PAXsassins Admin)

Any questions, drop me a reply to this.
    Oh God I can't find the meeting emergency line: (541)-556-6448

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited August 2006
    paxsassins_meeting.jpg

Now visual! (and shamelessly stolen from Ghiddo).

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited August 2006
    LTM wrote:
    Nephirij wrote:

There's no way I'm going to allow that beauty to reside in Beavertown. The burbs don't deserve such a thing.

*^_^*

you dont allow me to have the cup reside in Beaverton, i allow you to live. :twisted:

Nephirij on
  • QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Man this sounds fun but I bet i'm too late for this year. so there is always next year :|

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
    edited August 2006
    Nephirij wrote:
    you dont allow me to have the cup reside in Beaverton, i allow you to live. :twisted:

Excellent, you can allow me to live, whilst I allow you to give me your wristband and subsequent kill. Sounds like a plan!

muahahahaha :twisted:

Unknown User on
    edited August 2006
    LTM wrote:
    Nephirij wrote:

Excellent, you can allow me to live, whilst I allow you to give me your wristband and subsequent kill. Sounds like a plan!

muahahahaha :twisted:

Me: Maybe we can work together.

You: What do you mean?

*smack*

Me: I mean I hit you and you die. Nice teamwork you f***ing n00b.:twisted:

I'm just joking, I mean no offense by it.

Nephirij on
  • john_zoidbergjohn_zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I'm too late for this year, but I'll be there next year.

john_zoidberg on
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I will be sad if Nephirij wins, because I will know the trophy is really close to me, but not in my own hands.

But if you do win, can I come visit it?

DJBreslin on
This discussion has been closed.