As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phantasy Star Online 2 -- Beta Live, 3 Invites Available From Those Already In Game

18910111214»

• Options
    DodosaurDodosaur Registered User regular
    It's a shame this game doesn't have a persistent world. It's so hard to find a persistent world action MMO that's not TERA.

But I don't think that's a game-killer. My favorite MMO is the original Guild Wars (Guild Wars 2 isn't too much in my style at least from the beta) and that was basically all instanced.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Dodosaur wrote: »
    It's a shame this game doesn't have a persistent world. It's so hard to find a persistent world action MMO that's not TERA.

But I don't think that's a game-killer. My favorite MMO is the original Guild Wars (Guild Wars 2 isn't too much in my style at least from the beta) and that was basically all instanced.

You know what? Persistent world is overrated. Except for sandbox games, where people can actually significantly modify the world (by slapping down buildings and such), it doesn't offer much. If I had to break it down, the effects of persistent world (well, even that name is a misnomer, something like "global instance" is more accurate) are:

1-Competing over mobs/quest stuff
    2-Sometimes you can get past areas because someone already cleared it out
    3-Sometimes you run into someone doing an area and spontaneously join up to make it easier

That's about it. Not worth worrying over, imo.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Anyone know if it's still possible to play on Japanese servers still? @Absurðr and I were looking into it due to the delay, but there seems to be some information out there that international players are being booted these days.

Edit: Wise from your gwave, PSO2 thread!

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Did Sega say anything about this at E3? Was Sega even at E3?

:(

And no idea about international players, but I seem to recall hearing something about that awhile back.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Yes. It is still possible to play on the japanese servers.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular

Sega was at E3. PSO2 wasn't.

Also, Asiasoft is bringing the game to southeast Asia. It is the English version. That's right. The game is already translated. I have no idea what the fuck is going on at Sega right now.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    WTF.

I have money.

Right here. I'm more than happy to give it to them!

Just bring out the damn game. :?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Shady3011 wrote: »

Also, Asiasoft is bringing the game to southeast Asia. It is the English version. That's right. The game is already translated. I have no idea what the fuck is going on at Sega right now.

Tell me about it.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Shady3011 wrote: »

Tell me about it.

Seriously? The game is n english, translated and we aren't getting it yet.WTF is Sega doing?

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Prepare for asiasoft to fuck it up though.

• Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Yes. It is still possible to play on the japanese servers.

Alright then, here goes nothing!

And yeah, what the hell Sega? I've been re-playing PSIV, and loving the atmosphere, and really want to dive into the PS world again. Stop making it so difficult, Sega!