As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]-Game of Secrets- Game over! Mafia Victory!

lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
edited August 2012 in Critical Failures
gameofsecrets.png

Welcome, welcome one and all to the fabulous Game of Secrets! [applause] Thank you. Thank you. I am your hostess for the next several days, Ahava! Now, let me go over a few rules for those of you playing along at home. Here at the Game of Secrets we have rented out a large dining hall for your amusement. Inside this dining Hall we have set up a living quarters for some several guests. How many? Well that all depends on who shows up to play the game! [laughter, applause]

When our guests arrive they will be asked to leave their names at the door, along with a postcard shaped note containing their innermost secret. [oooooooo!] It can be a secret about anything! Love lost, love found, love missing! Deep-seated fears or unacknowledged hatred! The most embarrassing moment of their lives, or the most freeing moment they dream of! Their secrets can be anything from the most wild to the most mundane! We won’t care! We will take them all! [applause]

Once all of our guests have arrived and their names recorded and their secrets dropped off, the well-trained staff here at Game of Secrets will take the postcards away from the venue, and transfer them to smaller cards which will then be given to me to hold onto. None of the guests, contestants, will know whose card has gone to whom. [gasps!]

Now, for the game part of the Game of Secrets. Each night the group of contestants within the dining hall will present us with a name. That name will be the person they believe to be the least savoury of those they are with. That person, good or bad, will then be removed from the Game of Secrets. The secret that was assigned to them will be revealed and depending on what it was, something else may happen! Who knows! It’s a Game of Secrets after all. [applause]

So here we go! Let’s see who is the first through the door!

This is a Phalla! If you are not familiar with this game, then go here and it will be explained to you.

This particular game is what we lovingly call “vanilla. With a twist”. There will be your standard roles present in this game Seer, Guard, Vigilante, Mafia, Masons There may be one or two random other roles, but that I will keep a secret. There are no Thralls, Millers, Conversions, or other obnoxious roles present. Why not? Because I dislike playing in games with them present so I’m not going to run a game with them present.

Sign-ups: unlike my past games, Sign-ups for this game are unlimited. As many players as we can get in a 48 hour period will be accepted. Please sign-up in bolded color. **NOT WHITE! I am old and lazy and using the default vanilla theme. If you sign up in WHITE I won't be able to see it and I will ignore your signup. **

When you sign-up to play, please inform the thread of your “name”. This will be your persona throughout the game. There will be no assigned names, no obvious roles, or anything of the like to make a role call available. There is not source material for this game other than what you the players put into it.
Secondly, when you sign-up, I will ask that you send me a PM (only one!) with your role’s Deepest Secret in it. These will be collected from every player and then randomly distributed at game start. If you have somehow managed to provide me with a secret identical are so close as to appear identical to another players, you will be asked to resubmit another secret.

These secrets will be divided into broad categories by myself and the secret in the hands of those chosen to leave the game may or may not have some effect on the game. What effect, well that is for you all to guess or figure out.

Vote Close Because I am a generous host, I will be putting vote close at around 4pm New Zealand Time. Which is Midnight EDT, 11pm Central, 10pm Mountain, and 9pm Pacific. You’re Welcome. Orders, if there are any, will be accepted until xx:59 of the hour prior to close, as time stamped by the forums.

Sign-ups will close at some point to be determined but no later than 10 am Sunday in New Zealand. Which will be 6pm Saturday on the East coast in the States. Depending upon the rate of signups I may decide to close things a bit earlier, or a bit later.

So now that this business has been concluded, we shall begin! Anything that I haven’t covered, please ask for clarification for in bolded darkorange and I will do my best to answer the question for you. You know, if I feel like it.
Game On!

The Remaining Victors: The Producer’s pact

Cayrus
TheRoadVirus
Phyphor
Cythraul
REG Rysk
Shalmelo

The Remaining Losers

M.D.
I needed a name to post
Zandracon
Stever777
Tzeentchling
38thDoe

Reserves:

Teucrian
Assuran
Spoit

Narrations::
Day Zero Narration
Day One narration
Day Two narration
Day Three narration
Day Four narration
Day Five narration
Day Six narration
Day Seven narration
Day Eight narration
Final Narration

The Removed:
Day One:

Langly- I Needed a Name to Play – Exiled for speaking too much
The Dagon- Jack Mehoff – Producer’s Cut; Secreted Away
Chamberlain—eddie izzard –Producer’s Cut

Jdarksun—Jonah—Had the Insight—Producer’s Cut

Day Two:

Retaba – Removed by the group
Ketbra – BFF #1 – Pushed out a window
Obifett – Removed by Producers’ pact
Greenbarons – Removed by producers’ pact
Egos – Removed by producer’s pact
Exarch – Treated like Jimmy Hoffa

Day Three

Anialos – Removed by the Group
Megafrost—A Producer’s Pet – lost his dental floss
MrTLicious –Removed by producer’s pact
Infidel – Removed by producer’s pact
Slym— BFF #2 -- Bitch, Please
That Dave Fella – Bitch, Please

Day Four

Smoove operator – Removed by the Group
Psolms—A producer’s pet
Premium – vengeful vigilance – Removed by producer’s pact
Alegis – Removed by producer’s pact
Englightenedbum – had some Insight – Removed by producer’s pact

Day Five

The Removed
Spool32 – a producer’s pet – Removed by the Group
Kilnaga –something something missing a pillow
MrBlarney – Removed by Producer’s Pact
adventfalls – removed by producer’s pact

Day Six

romanqwerty – Removed by the group
Trueneverborn – removed by Producer’s pact
Orange Soda –removed by Producer’s pact

Day Seven

vagrant_winds – Removed by the group
lucedes – had his will stolen
Mill – vengeful vigilante -- Removed by Producer’s pact
bluecyan – Removed by producer’s pact

Day Eight

The Anonymous – Removed by Group
diorinix –over protective – removed by Producer’s pact
Warban – over protective – removed by producer’s pact

Day Nine

The Ender –Removed by the Group
Kime – Removed by Producer’s pact
Sportzboytjw – removed by producer’s pact

lonelyahava on

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    nevermind thread's busted again

so looking through the list of active players, has TRV done anything villagey at any point

or has everyone just glossed over him because he's roleplaying

liEt3nH.png
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    38thDoe, today sure has been difficult. I'm not really even going to try and count, though I would suggest everyone might want to repost who they want to vote for in this thread.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I voted for Zandracon

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    So assuming the issue is tied to Jdarksun's post history being deleted, thus hosing all threads he has posted in.

Just going to leave my vote from the official thread here.

vangrant_wind

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Important Announcement.

The game will continue on, but I will not be counting any missing votes towards inactivity today.

Therefore, you can all feel well and truly welcome to go inactive. but if you do, I will kill you eventually.

Carry on.

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Not sure if votes count here or there so
    !tzeentchling

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    This thread or the other?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    The other thread's broken right now.

liEt3nH.png
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    This thread. The other is borked.

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    vangrant_wind

Going to change my vote up. Suprise! I have noidea who to bleave.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    warban terrible villager or terrible mafia

you decide

but i decided that I still think TRV is evil but I guess for now I will vote INANTP cause I think he's more evil

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    TRV could very well be mafia, but his RPing amuses me at the moment, so I'll look at him again tomorow.

The Ender does make a good point about v_w, that's a pretty convenient vote history.

And sorry about missing the vote yesterday, I got back to the hotel and basically passed out

I am just terrible.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    [corol=led]TLV's[corol] posting histoly is high enteltainment, howevel, we maybe should just kirr him.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
    vagrant_winds I suppose.

There's an incredible lack of communication coming from the village right now (I know I'm hardly innocent of it) so everyone just like

Make sure you start thinking and talking on your own, don't just side with the person who makes an argument because they're the only one who makes an argument.

liEt3nH.png
    I think having a broken thread for a decent chunk of the day didn't hurt

Steam profile
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Found the new thread! I already voted in the dead thread, but re-emphasizing my suspicion of !Tzeentchling one last time.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    [corol=led]TLV's[corol] posting histoly is high enteltainment, howevel, we maybe should just kirr him.

Global search and replace fail?

• DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular
    vagrant_winds

I've been enjoying the Canadian long weekend - yay August civic holiday!

I'll make a better effort @ anaylsis tomorrow.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
    Isn't it really just an Ontario thing?

• GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Isn't it really just an Ontario thing?

We have it in Alberta too.

vote closed!

narration incoming shortly.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    We have it in Nova Scotia too! :D

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    Well that was a bit annoying. We really must apologize for the technical difficulties there. It seems as though this particular location may have been built on an ancient burial ground and the ghosts of those who have been removed from the game ate a little restless.

But nevertheless, there is a need to keep up with the show. It must go on, so they say. In general though, you were still rather boring and dull.

The typical this and that. I would however like to say congratulations to your apparent team captain. He has helped at least in some way of keeping his mouth shut. Good on him.

Now, it seems like you are all very bad at what your tasks are. You are here to win this game. You are here to get rid of the Producer’s pets. You are not here to let them pick you off bit by bit. At least, that’s what I thought was the idea of it all. What do I know, I’m just the hostess.

No secrets were used today. There are still some out there, we know this.

Come back tomorrow, ready to go.

The Removed

vagrant_winds – Removed by the group
    lucedes – had his will stolen
    Mill – vengeful vigilante -- Removed by Producer’s pact
    bluecyan – Removed by producer’s pact

kime...

• MillMill Registered User regular
    oooo0000oooo0000ooo

Come on, couldn't you have let me stolen more stuff before booting me?

ooooo0000oooo00000ooo

stever777 wrote: »
    kime...

No secrets went through because by the time the forums weren't borked and I had Internet access, it was already really late. And I figured it would be best to try not to scramble things last minute, especially when there's a "no takebacks" rule with secrets, and especially when I guessed the mafia would have had plenty of time to get a secret in first if they wanted to.

Also, I had just driven a long time, and was busy relaxing and talking with my family, so deal with it :P. Alternatively, yell at @sportzboyjtw.

In fact, I like that last plan. Bad sportz! (<3)

Steam profile
    stever seems pretty willing to let the game be played for him.

liEt3nH.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I do not vnderstand the hostility being directed at me. I am yovr emperor, and I deserve yovr respect! I provided game theory specvlation, I have tried to coordinate with kime, I'm trying to be as helpfvl as I can, bvt it's hard when our net head is mvte :p. I've never been particvlarly good at post analysis, so I leave that to the pros.

Oh, I wasn't blaming you, kimey, I was just wondering what you may have in mind going forward.
    I also agree with TRV's post.

Ahh, I see. Well, to start with please keep analyzing what we've got

Steam profile
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    What happens in a tie?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Today is going to be a bit of a wash, with the missing posts and general disarray. Vnless someone wants to take the time to comb through all that mess.
    I say we shovld keep targeting the people skirting inactivity.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    oooo0000oooo0000ooo

Avenge my death Kimba! I mean Simba.

ooooo0000oooo00000ooo

TheRoadVirus for suggesting that there are posts missing when we can view all the posts that are important.

liEt3nH.png
    38thDoe wrote: »
    What happens in a tie?

Try it and find out!

TheRoadVirus Anyone who in enthralled by a game enough to make their avatar's eye progressively bleed blood then revert afterwards because the network head didn't like it has got to be Mafia.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    duna list

warban
    inantp
    diorinix

yep

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Stever or TRV are high on my dunalist. TRV has contributed nothing to the thread. I have at least tried to help, though I am not particularly good at it this game. Stever has hoped on several bandwagons. However, the bandwagon on TRV started very early today, which looks suspicious too.

Also, only two mafia kills again today. Again, either a secret guard/roleblock was used, or there's just not enough pets left to kill more.

There are 18 players left. We've killed 4 mafia. 50 players originally, so 8 or 9 mafia are likely (maybe 10, but that's quite a lot). Assume 1/3 of the remaining players or so are still mafia. With 3-4 losses a night, we have only a couple nights to hit mafia before they take over.

@sportz - can you tell us what effect the Agenda secret had on you?

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Also unrelated but f yeah NASA!