As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] of Olympic Tat

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    I want to play dark souls already

I want to finally see what the hype is

I wonder if my laptop can run it... I would totally buy it again.

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Eddy wrote: »
    It'll be long enough to show just the tip. I don't think that's illegal... federally
    I thought cardigans were fairly short...?

Oh, sorry, Eddy. :bz

Thanatos on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ludious wrote: »

This is advice for everything.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Yeah, I need to buy an all-new hard drive.

This sucks. Maybe I'll upgrade to an SSD or something. Need to see what my options are.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    keep galactus and the silver dildo, give em back the skrulls

Also rumored to be part of the deal.

I would almost they took DD back and made an excellent DD movie. Really not sure I want Galactus in my Avengers since I have a feeling that is where they would put it.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Don't listen to the haters. Dark Souls was the best game of 2011.

Dark Souls PC will probably be the best game of 2012.

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    The chick-fil-a thread has gone full retard. I give it a couple more pages.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    In a perfect world, the crap studios who own Marvel IP movie rights would look at the Marvel films, realize their own shortcomings, and hand all the rights back tied with a bow and a note saying "You can do this better."

I didn't see the Spider-Man film.

I'm sure it's decent, whatever. Then they will make another, and it will be great, and then they will make a third that peels open my skull and shits directly on my brain because that's all they know how to do.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    So who wants to be the graphics artist for ZombieZ my zombie survival source game I am going to make? :-P

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Today's comic is a great example of how far Gabe has come with his artwork.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Garfield and Stone were note perfect

the movie itself was a weak B-

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Re: last page, more conservaposters, ambivalence

I would like to stress that even if we did get more conservative posters, Goobert and Spoolio would be grandfathered in as my favorite conservatives

Like I would be ready to dismiss the politics of the other posters but if either one showed up they'd flash an all-black Executive Membership card and I'd whisk them to the front of the line to get lectured about how Taxes Are Patriotism and Reagan Was Stupid ahead of everyone else

Membership has its motherfucking privileges

@spool32 @gooey

Strangely honored by this :)

Spool I wouldn't let you wait in line like a schlub for the Reeducation Camp

Fast tracking you through to the Undermining Traditional Marriage and Destroying States' Rights Detention Center

If I'm going to be clockwork orange'd into liberalism I expect a limousine as part of the bargain.

It's not exactly a traditional limousine

It's kind of more of a Smart car

It polled well with the confused cat lady demographic so we made a switch

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    bowen wrote: »
    So who wants to be the graphics artist for ZombieZ my zombie survival source game I am going to make? :-P

What kind of survival, and why Source?

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    The chick-fil-a thread has gone full retard. I give it a couple more pages.

It's why I rarely participate in D&D threads besides [chat]. I like the first few pages, sometimes I chime in, but it takes about 5 pages before it starts to get a little questionable, and is always completely fucked to hell by page 20, often even faster.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I would almost they took DD back and made an excellent DD movie. Really not sure I want Galactus in my Avengers since I have a feeling that is where they would put it.

Naw. Now the Guardians of the Galaxy movie....there he'll fit just fine. Also, the X-Man First Class sequel has the most spoilery title ever.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Naw. Now the Guardians of the Galaxy movie....there he'll fit just fine. Also, the X-Man First Class sequel has the most spoilery title ever.

Bad Guy Dies At The End?

The new Spiderman film was a very good super hero film.

But it told a story you have heard like 100x before.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Bad Guy Dies At The End?

Actual Answer:
    X-men: Days of Future Past

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

i'd love to, Bowen.

Sadly, I can't art for crap. :|

(Oh you meant people who can art? Wasn't clear.)

Echo wrote: »

What kind of survival, and why Source?

I had no preference but the ease of modding compared to arma oh my fucking god. Plus having all the assets from half life/counter strike/l4d2 makes it a good choice eh?

I want some sort of persistent, scavenge (pvp optional) zombie survival game that incorporates barricades, vehicles and all that.

0 chances of it ever materializing.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Re: last page, more conservaposters, ambivalence

I would like to stress that even if we did get more conservative posters, Goobert and Spoolio would be grandfathered in as my favorite conservatives

Like I would be ready to dismiss the politics of the other posters but if either one showed up they'd flash an all-black Executive Membership card and I'd whisk them to the front of the line to get lectured about how Taxes Are Patriotism and Reagan Was Stupid ahead of everyone else

Membership has its motherfucking privileges

@spool32 @gooey

Strangely honored by this :)

Spool I wouldn't let you wait in line like a schlub for the Reeducation Camp

Fast tracking you through to the Undermining Traditional Marriage and Destroying States' Rights Detention Center

If I'm going to be clockwork orange'd into liberalism I expect a limousine as part of the bargain.

It's not exactly a traditional limousine

It's kind of more of a Smart car

It polled well with the confused cat lady demographic so we made a switch

:( damnit!

Only a liberal could ruin limousine liberalism. What good is all this worry about the income gap if I can't feel it while drinking a scotch as my driver takes me to a private Hollywood fundraiser?

Elendil and Thanatos are both warning against it!

I thought this game was the home town favorite

Ugh I need to find an arcade with p4a around here badly.

Its either that or buy a TV and a PS3 and a copy of p4a.

THAT SOUNDS EXPENSIVE.

bowen, I could take pictures of my loose belly skin in various poses

pretty sure you could just reskin existing models with that and have the most terrifying monsters of the year

bowen, I could take pictures of my loose belly skin in various poses

pretty sure you could just reskin existing models with that and have the most terrifying monsters of the year

Can I have that just for research?

:winky:

I bet you're wondering if I rubbed baby oil on it could I wrap it around your dick

wonder no longer

the answer is yes

Elendil didn't like it because he personally isn't a fan of action games, as I understand it. So, you know, not every game is going to appeal to everybody.

Can't remember why Than didn't like it.

There is a decent number of people that like the game in chat. But, I think some of them soured some of chat on the game doing "This is a REAL game for REAL gamers if you don't like it you are a NOOB" type of retardation.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Wait, hold on how are they going to do that story line? Huh?

X-Men one I mean.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular

it is theoretically enjoyable

but it is intentionally designed in such a way as to make you miserable

do you like doing the same thing over and over again

does an online component almost entirely centered around griefing appeal to you

Re Xmen
    Do you think Singer could use this storyline to retcon X3 into his storyline and fix it?

I bet you're wondering if I rubbed baby oil on it could I wrap it around your dick

wonder no longer

the answer is yes

TqMS8.gif

Elendil wrote: »

it is theoretically enjoyable

but it is intentionally designed in such a way as to make you miserable

do you like doing the same thing over and over again

does an online component almost entirely centered around griefing appeal to you

I get that you don't like the game but I feel like you are spreading misinformation here.

I don't feel like I did the same thing over and over.

I used the online component pretty much exclusively to leave and receive helpful notes and team up with people for bosses. I never once got invaded by anyone or invaded anyone.

i like action games a lot

some of them i even play on hard mode

dark souls is more of a "this shit is tedious and frustrating" mode

Pft there isn't a whole lot of documentation readily available for making source mods eh? Nothing really definitive or spectacular as far as I can see.

Pft there isn't a whole lot of documentation readily available for making source mods eh? Nothing really definitive or spectacular as far as I can see.
    There is a giant guide due out with Black Mesa Source.

edited August 2012
    Elendil wrote: »
    i like action games a lot

some of them i even play on hard mode

dark souls is more of a "this shit is tedious and frustrating" mode

We just going to have to agree to disagree what makes things "tedious and frustrating" as you do have a level 9999 (or something) Disgaea character, and that is such a mind numingly tedious concept to me.

Inquisitor on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Yeah, I need to buy an all-new hard drive.

This sucks. Maybe I'll upgrade to an SSD or something. Need to see what my options are.

we have no luck with comps this week

debating just going to j&r and buying a PSU that I can return for testing

like i can understand how someone can like something like bayonetta or devil may cry on super hard mode

i can't do that

i have DMC3, i flamed out, and i don't hold it against the game

dark souls is just a fucking slog

have you seen anyone play it

it's lots of pokes, lots of rolls, and tons and tons of potion quaffing

Inquisitor wrote: »

Elendil didn't like it because he personally isn't a fan of action games, as I understand it. So, you know, not every game is going to appeal to everybody.

Can't remember why Than didn't like it.

There is a decent number of people that like the game in chat. But, I think some of them soured some of chat on the game doing "This is a REAL game for REAL gamers if you don't like it you are a NOOB" type of retardation.

Hmm.

I'll probably get it on sale later anyway

$80 on vidyas during steam sale month : o

This discussion has been closed.