As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]-Game of Secrets- Game over! Mafia Victory!

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I feel terrible.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Assuran wrote: »
    This was the quietest village I've seen in a long time and I'm not surprised the mafia won.

Players don't know how to react to basic games O_O

This is why we can't have nice things.

We're turning this car around right now and heading back to Vanilla Phalla town.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    This was the quietest village I've seen in a long time and I'm not surprised the mafia won.

Players don't know how to react to basic games O_O

Public seering complacency

liEt3nH.png
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    also @MrTLicious , I heard my secret freaked you out.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Doublesecret.proboards.com

@psolms has to unlock

ObiFett wrote: »
    Yaaaay!

Which one of you killed me on day 2? I need a new grudge.

ALL OF US. WE ARE ONE.

Unacceptable.

Crack open those proboards.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Who got my secret? The one about making out with a hedgehog

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Ok. First part of my thoughts.

You know that point between waking up and being fully awake? Where you're laying in bed and going "i love my comfy warm covers!"

yeah, that was where I was when the idea of this game came to me. I worked it out in about twenty or thirty minutes, then put up signups. I worked on refining a bit over the signup period, but this is pretty much exactly what I came up with while half asleep.

The categories of secrets were determined after everybody sent me secrets. Same as to what they did. None of that was predetermined. The reason i had you all pick your own names is because, well there's some good RP chances from it, and I love that. Also, it stops rolecalls, which I hate.

After Day 3, you were supposed to have all figured out what each secret had done. Ceasing to provide names was always part of the plan and not due to anybody breaking the game or anything like that.

I thought around about day 3 or 4 that there was no way the mafia were going to win. Everything was completely stacked against them and I was panicking.

Apparently I didn't have reason to, since somehow they managed to hide.

I will fully admit that it was not a perfect game. Or even really close to a perfect game. But I hope you guys had fun!

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    So who vigged me?

protip I don't argue when I'm mafia because that draws attention

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    Who got my secret? The one about making out with a hedgehog

That would be me.

I definitely did a o_O when I saw it

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Thanks for running Ahava!

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    I had fun! Then was brutally murdered, but then had fun reading it. Thanks lonelyahava for running it!

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm fairly sure that I unlocked the mafia boards already

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Thanks for running, Ahava.
    TRV!!!

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    Yeah thanks for running this ahava!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I had fun rping with you TRV, and it was great that we were actually on the same team.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Stever, what?
    HEY CAYRUS, LET US EMBRACE AS BRETHREN

edited August 2012
    Yaaaay!

ALL OF US. WE ARE ONE.

Unacceptable.

spool32 wrote:
    Suggest we swap romanqwerty to green barons in the kill. Make them fear counting votes in public, plus they seem to be working with kime.

Kime
    Obifett
    Greenbarons

What do you guys think?

@spool32, welcome to my day 1 grudge list. :)

ObiFett on
  • ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting. I happened to get super busy for the first few days of the game which sucked, I would have been super active starting the day I died, which is a shame. Followed the game closely via proboards, and thread, have to say I was pleased with how my compatriots handled the public seer thing.

No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
    I am happy to call you my brother and my Caesar.

You called me a fibber last game we were in.
    Now, you are one.
    Albeit, a victorious one. :P

so I'm sad my epic crazed secret never saw the light of day. Much to ahava's delight :(

Despite all her efforts, the mighty hostess couldn’t keep you from me- the MIGHTY BABOON GOD ROWBOW! I have chosen you for a very specific purpose….that purpose is to purge this land of something. Likely something cool. Something that once gotten rid of will raise your self-esteem would simultaneously raise public awareness of ROWBOW. Perhaps we could get rid of turtles? That is a rather limited pool though. I only know of one turtle: Larry or something. Ok I’ve got it: your father, Rubino was killed by the mighty Sugar-Ki. In order to avenge your father you must defeat the ninja bodyguard army that lurks in the mansion,.. The ninja bodyguards are servants of Sugar-Ki and each carry a piece of his EVIL body. Oh I forgot to mention Sugar-Ki is dead, but he lives on through his ninja bodyguards who also act as necromancer man-slaves…. even the lady one. THAT IS IF SHE IS A LADY ONE! I HAVE MY SUSPICIONS! I’M LOOKING AT YOU YELLOW NINJA!

Ok , Ok . So you probably want to know which ninja bodyguard has what part.
    (I got this info from Mujoso-mo-kofojo, the Alligator Wizard King…if you were wondering)
    61623990.gif
    • The red ninja bodyguard has his hands... for some reason.
    • The yellow ninja bodyguard has his brain.
    • The green ninja bodyguardhas his heart.
    • The violet ninja bodyguard has his legs.
    • The blue ninja bodyguard has his torso.
    • The black ninja bodyguard has his arms.
    Now go forth my child or whatever and avenge RUBINO AND STUFF!
    rowbow.gif
    ROWBOW OUT!

Cayrus wrote: »
    I am happy to call you my brother and my Caesar.
    <3
    I figured we could play the rivalry as absolving one of us if the other happened to die. Thankfully it didn't come to that

• GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yaaaay!

ALL OF US. WE ARE ONE.

Unacceptable.

spool32 wrote:
    Suggest we swap romanqwerty to green barons in the kill. Make them fear counting votes in public, plus they seem to be working with kime.

Kime
    Obifett
    Greenbarons

What do you guys think?

@spool32, welcome to my day 1 grudge list. :)

I was searching through the mafia proboard looking for who to grudge and don't you know its right there!

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    also @MrTLicious , I heard my secret freaked you out.

I don't think freaked me out is quite correct.

Confused me, mostly.

I for sure thought it was INANTP, though.

Egos what the fuck is that
    Also Stever, I did not fib!

Whose secret did I have, "I eat poop"?

edited August 2012
    so I'm sad my epic crazed secret never saw the light of day. Much to ahava's delight :(

Despite all her efforts, the mighty hostess couldn’t keep you from me- the MIGHTY BABOON GOD ROWBOW! I have chosen you for a very specific purpose….that purpose is to purge this land of something. Likely something cool. Something that once gotten rid of will raise your self-esteem would simultaneously raise public awareness of ROWBOW. Perhaps we could get rid of turtles? That is a rather limited pool though. I only know of one turtle: Larry or something. Ok I’ve got it: your father, Rubino was killed by the mighty Sugar-Ki. In order to avenge your father you must defeat the ninja bodyguard army that lurks in the mansion,.. The ninja bodyguards are servants of Sugar-Ki and each carry a piece of his EVIL body. Oh I forgot to mention Sugar-Ki is dead, but he lives on through his ninja bodyguards who also act as necromancer man-slaves…. even the lady one. THAT IS IF SHE IS A LADY ONE! I HAVE MY SUSPICIONS! I’M LOOKING AT YOU YELLOW NINJA!

Ok , Ok . So you probably want to know which ninja bodyguard has what part.
    (I got this info from Mujoso-mo-kofojo, the Alligator Wizard King…if you were wondering)
    61623990.gif
    • The red ninja bodyguard has his hands... for some reason.
    • The yellow ninja bodyguard has his brain.
    • The green ninja bodyguardhas his heart.
    • The violet ninja bodyguard has his legs.
    • The blue ninja bodyguard has his torso.
    • The black ninja bodyguard has his arms.
    Now go forth my child or whatever and avenge RUBINO AND STUFF!
    rowbow.gif
    ROWBOW OUT!

That's pretty epic. :^:

My secret submission was just the simple:
    THEY FUCKED ON THE BOAT!!

ObiFett on
    TRV, now you know how I felt when i got that in my PM.

cayrus, That was warban the talking dog's.

hahaha now I need to find that thread again, obi

KGMvDLc.jpg?1

the stuff of legend.

the ninja bodyguards are a reference to Blarney's game (Kill Dr. Lucky) and Spectrum.

I thought mine was eccentric. Jesus. Well done. I wish I had it. I would have laughed myself insane.

edited August 2012
    KetBra wrote: »
    hahaha now I need to find that thread again, obi

It is stuff of legend now and buried deep within the treacherous Vanilla forums.

Good luck on your quest.

ObiFett on
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think I need to fine tune my mafia radar by playing more phalla.

I think the only two people to make my suspects list that were actually mafia were psolms (who I should have targeted on day 1 over dagon but I didn't want to seem to obvious since I claimed I was going to kill him if i was a vig before the start of the game) and TRV. With TRV someone else always seemed to come up as a better target.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So whose idea was it to have a kimenetwork instead of an infinetwork?

steam_sig.png
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Spoit wrote: »
    So whose idea was it to have a kimenetwork instead of an infinetwork?

I don't think there was much thought put into it given nobody knew it was a seer (public seer!!!!) until it went off

Of course, now guarding kime over infi...

Phyphor on

Not telling me you're mafia is fibbing.
    I did ask you...

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    So I vigged KetBra and psolms, in case either of you wanted to know.
    I was going to secret kill Zandracon too but died instead.
    The secret I submitted was "In my youth I was a river pirate, looting and plundering under the pseudonym 'Calico Jackalope'." Who ended up getting it?
    The secret I was given was "I have stolen a mint condition first edition of "Gravity's Rainbow"