As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]-Game of Secrets- Game over! Mafia Victory!

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    stever777 wrote: »
    Egos what the fuck is that
    Also Stever, I did not fib!

Not telling me you're mafia is fibbing.
    I did ask you...

Unless I explicitly denied it, then there were no fibs. Only misdirections.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    So whose idea was it to have a kimenetwork instead of an infinetwork?

I don't think there was much thought put into it given nobody knew it was a seer (public seer!!!!) until it went off

Of course, now guarding kime over infi...

Apparently diorinx guarded Infidel on day 1 and told Infidel for god knows what reason. And Infidel told him he should know better. But then he switched to guarding kime along with warban. Guess it had to do with the luck of being revealed first? And the cult of kime?

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    I knew about the mafia since the beginning! My brother is such a loosey goosey.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »

1) you weren't playing
    2) shutuuuuuuuup

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

I don't think there was much thought put into it given nobody knew it was a seer (public seer!!!!) until it went off

That's what I meant

steam_sig.png
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I'll see what I can do about being more active in future games, I know my post count dropped down towards the end. My problem is I suck at vote analysis, generally don't comment when I have nothing to add and I also didn't want to stick out too much in this game since I was a vig.

Edit: Order of vig kills for those curious. Megafrost day 3, Kilnaga day 5 and Lucedes day 7.

Mill on
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

1) you weren't playing
    2) shutuuuuuuuup

You guys are brothers?

Interesting...

I'm really not sure how you got voted off, Mill. The double targeting seemed like it would have cleared you.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

1) you weren't playing
    2) shutuuuuuuuup

And here is a good reason that playing with partners/siblings/roommates is dangerous. :P

edited August 2012
    Mafia killed me day 8, probably figured I wasn't going to be a good scapegoat anymore.

I'll leave it up to @lonelyahava to decide how best to explain my day 1 actions. :P

Mill on
    Mill wrote: »
    Mafia killed me day 8, probably figured I wasn't going to be a good scapegoat anymore.

I'll leave it up to @lonelyahava to decide how best to explain my day 1 actions. :P

ah for some reason I thought you got voted off, I just noticed one day a ton of people were voting for you and I was going "huh".

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    stever777 wrote: »
    Egos what the fuck is that
    Also Stever, I did not fib!

Not telling me you're mafia is fibbing.
    I did ask you...

Unless I explicitly denied it, then there were no fibs. Only misdirections.

Ahh, TRV. I'm just kidding.
    (& bitter.)

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Yeah, the combination of silence/forum weirdness made it fairly easy for the mafia to drive this game as things went on. I thought we were totally screwed after day 4 or so, but the village wasn't focused enough to get much going.

I will say, we did a fantastic job of spreading out our votes, even when psolms was in danger on day 1 - I don't think there was ever a day when we had more than two mafia members voting for ANYONE (well, aside from Spool).

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    Oh, and thanks for running, Ahava! Was fun.

Indeed ahava, thanks for running this. I wasn't the best vig but it was fun nonetheless.

Egos wrote: »
    I'm really not sure how you got voted off, Mill. The double targeting seemed like it would have cleared you.

He didn't get voted off. Mafia finally got around to killing him on day 7. In

That's what I meant

That was actually @psolms - when kime was publicly seered, psolms contacted kime claiming to be a guard. Kime asked him to guard infidel on night 3, and we decided that it was worth risking psolms in order to take down infidel before he could assemble a network.

shalmelo wrote: »

He didn't get voted off. Mafia finally got around to killing him on day 7.

Yeah Mill corrected me. I wasn't fully paying attention the entire game (since I got killed so early), I kinda assumed he got voted off on the day when he was accruing quite a few votes . So change my statement to " I'm surprised he was getting so many votes at one point".

I'm just glad I'm so damn unreadable to some people. I just need to figure out how to calibrate things so I'm better at spotting mafia, better at networking and so that I'm providing enough posts to let people do their thing and not stick out as an obvious target.

shalmelo wrote: »

He didn't get voted off. Mafia finally got around to killing him on day 7.

Yeah Mill corrected me. I wasn't fully paying attention the entire game (since I got killed so early), I kinda assumed he got voted off on the day when he was accruing quite a few votes . So change my statement to " I'm surprised he was getting so many votes at one point".

Sorry - I saw where you got corrected but...draft function.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Quiet village, and the quietest network I've ever seen. Even with a confirmed network head, kime just gave us nothing. Arguably he had nothing to work with, but still.

Towards the end, TRV was definitely starting to be more and more mafia-esque to me, just because he was completely unhelpful - and usually, at that point in the game, he's more helpful. It didn't help that everyone seemed to be suspicious of me still (though I guess those people were mafia anyway).

What were the blue people's roles, @lonelyahava ?

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    They were Even/Odd specials.

Seer, Guard, Vig, and a pair of masons.

and the network totally needs to yell at sportz or something.

Nobody used a Quirk secret until 2 days ago, and sportz never told the network that it wasn't a guard, but a post restriction.

As far as the post restrictions go, they were given by me, not anybody else. They were picked at random from ones that I had down.

As for Mill...

I misread his PM on day 1 and accidentally used his secret instead of his standard vig. I owe him something serious for how he did not flip out on me and in the thread. Huge props.

1) you weren't playing
    2) shutuuuuuuuup

And here is a good reason that playing with partners/siblings/roommates is dangerous. :P

We weren't playing together! He wouldn't even tell me who was mafia. I had to make a few guesses...then he told me who was mafia if I guessed correctly(I did a couple times).

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting and running, lonelyahava. After a relatively favorable beginning, the village just lost all their momentum, but eh, that's the game sometimes.

Anyone interested in secrets, the one I submitted was "Really loves cats. Wants to hug all of them, but that's crazy!", and the one I received was "I no longer remember my old grudges".

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Instead of just killing psolms like I suggested, he decides to test him?

By sacrificing me?

:rotate:

OrokosPA.png
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    So I vigged KetBra and psolms, in case either of you wanted to know.
    I was going to secret kill Zandracon too but died instead.
    The secret I submitted was "In my youth I was a river pirate, looting and plundering under the pseudonym 'Calico Jackalope'." Who ended up getting it?
    The secret I was given was "I have stolen a mint condition first edition of "Gravity's Rainbow"

That one was mine. >_>

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    who's secret was "Afraid of Masturbation"? :D

I got "I have six fingers" btw.

• Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    I'm really sad that my secret got wasted. I'm glad that the mafia killed me the day that I decided to be cannon fodder. I was effectively useless at that point, so I figured if I could maybe draw a kill off a network target than that would be awesome.

@lonelyahava was the change in who was targeting who with the secret (changed about day 3 or so) intended from the beginning or meant to nerf the village and allow mafia to use their secrets without getting found out?

As I said somewhere up there ^^^ it was intended from the beginning.

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Cayrus wrote: »
    Whose secret did I have, "I eat poop"?

Hahahaha. I'm weird. But dogs are known to do such things.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    As I said somewhere up there ^^^ it was intended from the beginning.

Sorry, must have missed it when I was being irresponsible and reading this thread while driving.

<.<

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Would the player whose secret was "i had an affair with the daughters of the Sultan of Sudan" please step forward? :)

Also. My death frustrated me so much because from my POV it was basically:
    - votes pile up on a couple of players
    - bandwagon out of nowhere
    - nothing suspicious about what just happened
    - nope, nothing suspicious at all

ObiFett wrote: »

1) you weren't playing
    2) shutuuuuuuuup

You guys are brothers?

Interesting...

@ObiFett

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuni-ZOcO-4

Would the player whose secret was "i had an affair with the daughters of the Sultan of Sudan" please step forward? :)

Also. My death frustrated me so much because from my POV it was basically:
    - votes pile up on a couple of players
    - bandwagon out of nowhere
    - nothing suspicious about what just happened
    - nope, nothing suspicious at all

that would be Greenbarons' secret

according to my notes.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Thanks for running, ahava :)

I thought we were screwed by day 3-4. So many village specials plus public seerings plus narration saying who used the secrets...

Also, spool as outed mafia is the best thing ever :D

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    who's secret was "Afraid of Masturbation"? :D

I got "I have six fingers" btw.

That was me. Jack Mehoff was terrified of masturbation.

I had "you own a secret museum of Nazi memorabilia."

Was a nice read, a fun vanilla with a twist. I guess I should be honored that the mafia day 1'd me for not being flamboyant?

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Ugh

That was probably my worst game ever. Not the game, of course, ahava, which was well designed with fun narrations and such (thanks!), but just how I played. I was not ready to be a network head, and it showed...
    Quiet village, and the quietest network I've ever seen. Even with a confirmed network head, kime just gave us nothing. Arguably he had nothing to work with, but still.

Wrong mindset.... I'm pretty sure every mafia kill I had a direct hand in making happen. But then we ran out of solid leads ran out of seers, ran out of vigs, etc. I could have, of course, just given you targets, but that's not really the best way of doing things. I didn't do much conversations behind the scenes, mostly because I just had more than I could handle already with he number of PMs, which is unfortunate, but oh well.

I knew the most of the mafia almost certainly contacted me, but still, if you're a villager, why wouldn't you have by that point at the end? Bleh. Good job mafia, I wouldn't have aimed for most of you for a while still.

Also @Infidel, I'm pretty sure it was never the plan to test psolms by having him guard you, since he was getting seered anyways. Can't quite recall the details though.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    I was pretty sure we were screwed when we didn't try to bust through the guard on a public seer target.

Could we have busted through a guard by the way @lonelyahava ? Seems a bit stacked with the specials, but how can I honestly complain when we still won. Oh wells.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure the last few days, the only secrets we had were quirks :(....

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Once blues started coming up dead, I became increasingly confident that things were moving more in our direction.
    I was a bit freaked out that I was going to die soon, but felt confident that my vote record wouldn't let you trace back to any other mafia folks

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Spool being publicly outed was one of the most hilarious things ever.

@kime Yeah, I didn't think for one second that you would spare me after I used my secret. Was a huge mistake on my part.

I'm curious, who got my secret?