As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Astounding Wolf-Man

SudsSuds Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Graphic Violence
I picked up the first two issues yesterday along with the latest Invincible trade.

It's pretty good, I like that it fits into the same universe as Invincible but I'm not completely sold on the idea of a werewolf superhero who wears a costume.

I'll have to pick up the next few issues to see where it goes and what the hook will be.

It wasn't until the plot twist in Invincible that I was really hooked.

camo_sig2.png
Suds on

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Kirkman would have to fuck up pretty bad for this series not to end up a success (which it basically already is), I'm already hooked.

For me, Werewolves + Superhero world + Costume + Gore = instant comic book geek hard on.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm just not sold on the costume. On the covers it doesn't look bad, but that logo on his chest just looks stupid to me.

I also think he looks more bad-ass without the costume.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The writing seems kinda... blunt thus far, but it has only been two issues. The art kinda looks like cardboard cut-outs, though. But I'm still picking it up. Looks like it could turn out to be a good book.

Vann Diras on
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I prefer the costume.

He looks a lil too ordinary without it, if you can believe that.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I wish they wouldn't have the logo on him in the issue as well.

DarkPrimus on