As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The American Presidency: The Once and Future Elections Thread

1939495969799»

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Oh shit Anne Coulter just blew a casket on Hannity. Claiming if Saul isn't fired soon no donor should donate or help Romney. She's not a Romney fan, but thats still on a big derp show for the base.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Or he could just sell his VP spot. Why buy the politician, when you can BE the politician. Republican 2012: Reducing corruption!

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Oh shit Anne Coulter just blew a casket on Hannity. Claiming if Saul isn't fired soon no donor should donate or help Romney. She's not a Romney fan, but thats still on a big derp show for the base.

???

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

???

"It is not worth fighting for this man if this is kind of spokesman he has."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

???

Haha, what made her hate on Hannity so much? I thought they always slobbered over each other.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    No, she was hating on Andrea Saul.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ah got it.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

???

Haha, what made her hate on Hannity so much? I thought they always slobbered over each other.

It was the Andrea Saul comment about Romney's healthcare thing. She's going out of her mind about Romney's spokesman not lying about healthcare. Red State is saying "this picks a scab amongst conservatives".

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Mortious wrote: »
    never die wrote: »
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/08/13185136-obama-opposes-boy-scouts-policy-banning-gays?lite/

Obama says "Culture War? FUCK YOU!"

Amazingly enough Romney agrees with Obama, I can't believe that.

Goddammit Romney is just breaking my brain today. I'm pissed at him, then he does something I agree with.

Wait 15 minutes then check his position again.

...brainwave.

Romney is the quantum candidate. You can know his position because he will eventually have all of them, but not when he will hold it.

The Romney Uncertainty Principle.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/08/13185136-obama-opposes-boy-scouts-policy-banning-gays?lite/

Obama says "Culture War? FUCK YOU!"

Amazingly enough Romney agrees with Obama, I can't believe that.
    Democrats finally found their balls! Keep going guys, you are actually doing unironically great!

I think the utter insanity of the GOP is pushing democrats to go "Wait hold up you actually believe that shit? Wow."

I do have to applaud Claire McCasskill in missouri for pushing out ads to get the craziest ultra conservative the win in the primary, here's hoping she can pull a Sharon Angle upset.

I'd prefer she pulled a Kurt Angle upset and put him through a table, then paraded around the ring with the title in the air.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

???

It feels very satisfying to watch this snake eat itself

• Options

???

It was the Andrea Saul comment about Romney's healthcare thing. She's going out of her mind about Romney's spokesman not lying about healthcare. Red State is saying "this picks a scab amongst conservatives".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKUOB8MN4Kc

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Oh shit Obama brings up Romneycare in a speech today... Hello new talking point. And good bye Mitt Romney's tax talk, mission accomplished by Andrea Saul.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I doubt it's forever. You can always go back to that well, it's not going anywhere.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Mill wrote: »
    Well we could attempt to kill the half-assed perceptions that both sides are equally bad and that the cool thing to do is to be as little informed about politics as possible. If we could kill the later, that would solve the former and it would force politicians and the media to be more sane and honest. That at least requires zero changes to the law. Next easiest thing to do would be to make election day a national holiday and get more early voting in, I'm not sure the GOP could successfully maintain a popular campaign against such efforts. It's too easy to charge that they are being anti-American and unpatriotic by not removing restrictions that make it hard for working Americans and servicemen to vote.

Isn't already federal law that employers must allow employees time off to vote? Though just having no work at all that day would be nice.

Yeah, do we really need, say, Columbus Day?
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Astaereth wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Why aren't you fond of that ad? What's with all this fucking hand wringing from people?

You know what happens in the US when people lose their jobs?
    They lose their health insurance.

You know what sick people without health insurance do?
    They fucking DIE.

Welcome to reality.
    Stop being fucking squimish.

This is mostly correct. Politics is not a sport; policy has consequences, and we have to engage in a discussion about those consequences in an honest manner.

However, the ad's not really about Romney's policy, it's about his character. I'd be less guilty about liking the ad if the message was "This is what will happen if Romney is elected and repeals Obamacare" rather than "This Romney guy is a scumbag and a murderer".
    It's also about his policy. Because (as the Romney campaign was kind enough to point out) under the ACA, this wouldn't have happened. And Romney is campaigning to repeal the ACA. So, while it doesn't explicitly mention that, it's still what the ad is about.

Yeah, I'd have liked it to have mentioned the ACA as well, but it does do a decent job of working on multiple levels. For the people who care more about character than policy and need things beaten into their heads, it beats Romney's character into their heads. For people who actually care about policy and can follow implications, it implies that Romney's future policies would serve to hurt rather than help people in financial need. For people who are willing to do research and develop a moderately nuanced grasp of current events and the law, it reminds them that the issue has already been solved or at least lessened by the ACA, and that the Republicans are actively trying to recreate it.

• Options
    jothki wrote: »
    Well we could attempt to kill the half-assed perceptions that both sides are equally bad and that the cool thing to do is to be as little informed about politics as possible. If we could kill the later, that would solve the former and it would force politicians and the media to be more sane and honest. That at least requires zero changes to the law. Next easiest thing to do would be to make election day a national holiday and get more early voting in, I'm not sure the GOP could successfully maintain a popular campaign against such efforts. It's too easy to charge that they are being anti-American and unpatriotic by not removing restrictions that make it hard for working Americans and servicemen to vote.

Isn't already federal law that employers must allow employees time off to vote? Though just having no work at all that day would be nice.

Actually, why do we HAVE Columbus Day anymore when we have Lief Erikson Day?

• Options
    http://www.therightscoop.com/ann-coulter-torches-romney-spokeswoman-andrea-saul-says-romney-must-fire-her/

I think this is a right wing website, so careful if you're at work or don't want to be on a watch list for domestic terrorism.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    It's about that time, so I'm making a new thread.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    It's about that time, so I'm making a new thread.

Make sure you call it the Vice Presidency until this gets impeached locked. You know how it works.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular

President's Day would work too in Nov.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options

President's Day would work too in Nov.

We could also just move Lief Erikson Day a month ahead, since nobody knows the actual date of the landing. (Yay for dark ages record keeping!)

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Oh fucking please.
    Faith, here's an equivocator that could swear in both the scales
    against either scale, who committed treason enough for God's
    sake, yet could not equivocate to heaven. O, come in, equivocator

That ad isn't saying Romney killed his wife, it says Romney doesn't understand the consequences of the actions he takes and policies he supports. Which is true if we want to be generous about Mr. Mittens' character.

When you ask why if liberals are so fucking smart they lose so goddamn always, remember the porter.

It's okay, AMFE: they'll like the ad when we win.

• Options
    Edith_Bagot-DixEdith_Bagot-Dix Registered User regular

The answer is probably because Lief Erikson wasn't Catholic. Columbus Day was recognized as a Federal holiday at a time when immigrant Catholic communities in the U.S. (namely Italian) stopped being "others" and started being "real white Americans".

Also on Steam and PSN: twobadcats