As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] 2012 Schedule is live!

• Options
    Jamie ODJamie OD Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    Acquisitions Inc. panel was all I needed to hear.

• Options
    Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    Jamie OD wrote: »

I'm not sure I'd use the term "panel".

I think "Experience" might be more appropriate. The Acquisitions, Inc. Experience. Or "exhibition".

Or maybe I'll simply use the most appropriate word associated with AI: MANDATORY. xD

• Options
    saveriansaverian Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Rooster Teeth and Double Fine Adventure at the same time? God damnit...

Also I noticed the Friday Night Concert is only 8:30 PM - 9:30 PM while the Saturday Night Concert is 8:30 PM - 1:30 AM. I'm guessing this is a mistake?

saverian on
  • Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    I'd like to take this opportunity to say that the PAX site redesign is fucking awesome. The schedule page is just glorious.
    *sees a few things he likes*

*{SNIP}

I like the site design, but I miss the old printable schedule. It was easier for me to see what was happening in the theaters at a glance with that personally. (Grid format is my friend.)

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    tinedizzle wrote: »
    and now that the schedule has been released is there a time frame on when the PAX Map guide will be released?

Probably 1-2 weeks. That's just an educated guess though.

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »
    yanthrax wrote: »
    This just made my Friday. Hooray for planning!

Also, what the heck at this:
    Cards Against Humanity
    Bring your best card ideas and pitch them to all eight writers and co-creators of Cards Against Humanity. The best card ideas will make it into the next expansion. The worst card ideas will be mercilessly ridiculed. PLEASE NOTE: Utilikilts will not be permitted in the auditorium.

Are they that big of a problem?

If Utilikilts were actually banned they'd have a problem with there being enough Enforcers to run the room.

In Summary: You're taking the Cards Against Humanity guys seriously?

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    Also: If you like ugly basic spreadsheets of Panel Scheduling: PAX PRIME PANEL SCHEDULE SPREADSHEET

• Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Also: If you like ugly basic spreadsheets of Panel Scheduling: PAX PRIME PANEL SCHEDULE SPREADSHEET

Sir I am indebted you to, see me at PAX to collect your one point of "Awesome." (Some day someone will find me and collect on that crap I'm sure :P.)

• Options
    zephusdragonzephusdragon Registered User regular
    Too much to see, too little time to do it all....
    Must resist temptation to go all Zaboo at PAX and form the seat savers!

3-Day Pass [x]
    Hotel Booked [x]
    Drive Fiancee Batty over PAX [x][x][x]
  • Options
    Jamie ODJamie OD Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    Jamie OD wrote: »

I'm not sure I'd use the term "panel".

I think "Experience" might be more appropriate. The Acquisitions, Inc. Experience. Or "exhibition".

Or maybe I'll simply use the most appropriate word associated with AI: MANDATORY. xD

Well we already have the "Jim Darkmagic Experience" so I guess that word is already accounted for.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I'm guessing the concert schedule hasn't been posted yet, or am I just blind?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I'm guessing the concert schedule hasn't been posted yet, or am I just blind?

It's in the descriptions for the concerts in the schedule.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    *squints*

Ah, there we go... missed the single entries for Friday and Saturday night concerts in the schedule. Silly me was expecting them to be broken up by band. Thanks.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    heelsheels Registered User regular
    saverian wrote: »
    Rooster Teeth and Double Fine Adventure at the same time? God damnit...

Also I noticed the Friday Night Concert is only 8:30 PM - 9:30 PM while the Saturday Night Concert is 8:30 PM - 1:30 AM. I'm guessing this is a mistake?

Mistake! I've fixed, thanks!

< devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • Options
    tybottybot Registered User regular
    Any word when the guide book will be available for DL?

• Options
    edited August 2012
    tybot wrote: »

The actual guidebook app is always available. As far as the PAX Prime 2012 module for guidebook goes, I saw on the official twitter "one to two weeks".

zerzhul on
  • Options
    tybottybot Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    tybot wrote: »

The actual guidebook app is always available. As far as the PAX Prime 2012 module for guidebook goes, I saw on the official twitter "one to two weeks".
    Thanks! This will be a lot hander then a giant program guide

• Options
    nebulasoupnebulasoup Chilliwack, British Columbia, CanadaRegistered User regular
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    yanthrax wrote: »
    This just made my Friday. Hooray for planning!

Also, what the heck at this:
    Cards Against Humanity
    Bring your best card ideas and pitch them to all eight writers and co-creators of Cards Against Humanity. The best card ideas will make it into the next expansion. The worst card ideas will be mercilessly ridiculed. PLEASE NOTE: Utilikilts will not be permitted in the auditorium.

Are they that big of a problem?

If Utilikilts were actually banned they'd have a problem with there being enough Enforcers to run the room.

In Summary: You're taking the Cards Against Humanity guys seriously?

Never take it seriously, it's Cards Against Humanity! I'm going to get out my notebook and start deviously planning suggestions for cards. *maniacal laugh*

• Options
    barrin87barrin87 Roy, UTRegistered User regular
    Woot! I have already picked out the main panels I want to see.

Friday
    10:30 AM -Story Time with Ted Price (aka the PAX Prime Keynote!)
    11:30AM - Penny Arcade Q&A
    6:00PM -Represent! Gayming's Past, Present and Future
    8:30PM - Friday Night Concerts
    Saturday
    12:00PM -Breaking Into the Games Industry
    6:30PM -Your Careening Career: Starting Small and Making it BIG in the Gaming Industry
    8:30PM -Saturday Night Concerts
    Sunday
    1:30PM -Ratchet & Clank 10th Anniversary Celebration
    4:00PM -Inside Gearbox Software

I clearly will probably only see one of the breaking into the industry panels but I am not sure which one. I probably won't see both concerts but I will at least see one of them. The only one I can see being hard to get to would be the Ratchet & Clank 10th Anniversary Celebration since it's a little too close to the Gearbox panel and that one is definitely the one I will pick over the other.

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    barrin87 wrote: »
    Sunday
    1:30PM -Ratchet & Clank 10th Anniversary Celebration
    4:00PM -Inside Gearbox Software

I clearly will probably only see one of the breaking into the industry panels but I am not sure which one. I probably won't see both concerts but I will at least see one of them. The only one I can see being hard to get to would be the Ratchet & Clank 10th Anniversary Celebration since it's a little too close to the Gearbox panel and that one is definitely the one I will pick over the other.

You're probably missing R+C. The Gearbox panel always fills up stupidly early. The one at East filled out about an hour and a half before the panel was scheduled to start (unfortunately the panel started almost an hour late, which meant I waited a really goddamn long time for it).

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Friday:

10:30 AM Free-To-Play Games: Brilliant, Evil, or Brilliantly Evil?
    12:00 PM Wife Aggro, Career Obligations, and Time Constraints: How to play while meeting life’s demands
    2:00 PM “Just One More Game…” - Science and Controversy on Internet and Gaming Addiction

Saturday

1:00 PM Up Close with Kickstarter: Case Studies in Game Development
    2:30 PM XCOM: Enemy Unknown - A Thousand Stupid Ideas on the Road to Glory
    4:30 PM Business Models of PC Games: Then, Now, and Looking to the Future

Sunday

4:00 PM Inside Gearbox Software

• Options
    barrin87barrin87 Roy, UTRegistered User regular

You're probably missing R+C. The Gearbox panel always fills up stupidly early. The one at East filled out about an hour and a half before the panel was scheduled to start (unfortunately the panel started almost an hour late, which meant I waited a really goddamn long time for it).

Yeah, I am sure I will miss the R&C panel since it's not too far off in time. Gearbox wins out for me though since I don't plan on missing that one. I plan on seeing the key note at least and that is hosted by the Insomniac Games CEO, Ted Price. That's something.

• Options
    Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular
    So how early do you guys recommend to line up for Gearbox? I was originally thinking 2 hours prior, maybe 3? It's the first event I plan on attending that day.

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    So how early do you guys recommend to line up for Gearbox? I was originally thinking 2 hours prior, maybe 3? It's the first event I plan on attending that day.

Wouldnt it really be the only event you plan on attending that day? ;)

• Options
    ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    I have to admit that this is my 4th PAX and will be my first keynote/QA. Then Roosterteeth after. I'm going to have expo hall withdrawals. Nothing like walking the hall early Friday morning.

What time do they start seating people for the Keynote?

3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • Options
    mrt144 wrote: »

Wouldnt it really be the only event you plan on attending that day? ;)

LOL, well I'll be doing the Omegathon closing, the Buttoneering meetup, and Post PAX Party afterwards. XD

• Options
    cedelacruzcedelacruz Kirkland WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I plan on lining up at least 2 hrs ahead for Gearbox as well. Sucks that I have wait that long to make sure I get in.
    Also, happy to see the nerdcore hip hop panel again!

cedelacruz on
  • Options
    speeder venkmanspeeder venkman Registered User regular
    Are Mike and Jerry not doing any signings this PAX or did I miss it on the schedule?

• Options
    Are Mike and Jerry not doing any signings this PAX or did I miss it on the schedule?

It's not listed on the official schedule, but I'd bet that there will be one. Probably Sunday, early to mid afternoon.

• Options
    DeleetedDeleeted Charleston, South CarolinaRegistered User new member
    edited August 2012
    fb_PanelAnnounce1.png

Designing a MOBA isn’t that hard. Or is it? Join the Kiz Studios team as we take you through the fiery pits of development and design behind our bizarre MOBA, SmashMuck Champions. Watch us embarrass ourselves in game demos, help us design our next in-game champion, and hang out for dev Q&A. And yes, there will be a metric ton of free swag. Don’t miss finding out what it takes to make a MOBA that stands out from all the rest. It's not a con until someone gets SMASHED!

Deleeted on
  • Options
    Khoo and A 2: Khoo Harder has been moved to 1030 AM SUNDAY MAIN THEATER.

• Options
  • Options
    Looks like some big names are getting added to the schedule today!

Kojima! http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/hideo-kojima-introspective-past-present-and-the-future-of-metal-gear

• Options
    edited August 2012
    ZOMG, KOJIMA?!!!!
    ?size=400x400&site=rsoc_en&authtoken=7b86a2c58c4972d7e2e2aa060a3ce775&quality=100

Sharkey1337 on
  • Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular

That is so unfair! Wil Wheaton/Khoo/Girls Meet Up....all at the same time! Grrr!

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    hargem1hargem1 Registered User regular
    Anyone remember when the gearbox panel line was full last year? I was thinking about showing up 2 hours early.

• Options
    Looks like some big names are getting added to the schedule today!

Kojima! http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/hideo-kojima-introspective-past-present-and-the-future-of-metal-gear

Added to the ugly SPREADSHEET.

• Options
    sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    yay!! they moved the RPG game are awesome and the fight scene one further apart. Now if I can manage to get over to the red lion in under half an hour and get in line I can see both of them :):):):) . Also a question for anyone that's been to PAX before. When do they normally stop playing with the schedule? Since this is my first PAX im trying to plan out all the panels I wanna see so im printing out the schedule and would prefer not to do it say 10 more times between now and when its final.

sanovah on
  • Options
    sanovah wrote: »
    yay!! they moved the RPG game are awesome and the fight scene one further apart. Now if I can manage to get over to the red lion in under half an hour and get in line I can see both of them :):):):) . Also a question for anyone that's been to PAX before. When do they normally stop playing with the schedule? Since this is my first PAX im trying to plan out all the panels I wanna see so im printing out the schedule and would prefer not to do it say 10 more times between now and when its final.

It's honestly never final. They can and have changed things during pax, in rare circumstances. I would say that about 1 week prior to pax, it's pretty damned close to final... but it's never 100%. Things can always come up last minute that could cause a schedule change. I'm only pointing this out in case someone says "by pax it is final" ;).

• Options
    mikegonzalezmikegonzalez Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Do they clear the room between panels? I'm asking because I'm trying to estimate how early I'm going to have to show up for the Kojima panel, and I noticed that it's taking place about an hour after the PA "Make a Strip!" panel. I'd really prefer not to have to attend that panel too (I don't want to spend that much time watching panels, nor take the spot of someone who really wants to see it), but if it's the only way to see kojima...

mikegonzalez on
    "I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."

XBL: ii Mike G ii - PSN: Greddy21 - Steam: notmikegonzalez - Slytherin - Death Eater
This discussion has been closed.