As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Go find the new STEAM Thread!

• TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Nobody wants a free copy of Defense Grid? Really?

I guess it has been on sale a lot.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Too poor for Dawnguard right now so I tried to get started on New Vegas and promptly fucked it up with mods. Hurray! Redownloading now to see if I can fix it.

• MackenzierMackenzier Gold Star Police Ninja Lurking... less than usual.Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Hahah, I didn't read that Gal Civ Contest well enough. Here's my obviously flawed entry, for lols.:

"Computer, load recent emails, quantify, and summarize."
    *Yes Governer. You have 3 E-mails, each requesting assistance in dealing with civil unrest. Each is flagged as "Highly Important" and with a "Read Receipt".*
    "Computer, aggregate and Reply All: "I don't have time for this nonsense. Send in the Military. -G" "
    *Yes, sir. You also have a request from your wife to be home for dinner at 7.*
    "Forward her the same response."
    *Acknowledged.*

You sir, have made me snort-laugh with other people in ear-shot... that doesn't often happen. Good show!

Steam: Mackenzier
    FFRK: 9rRG
  • mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Is there a way to make "groups" in my friends list on steam? Right now it's just a chaotic orgy of PAbros, college friends, work friends, etc.

Man, I'm so fucking popular.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Right click on them and select "add tag"

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    This is amusing me a great deal, because he thinks that is "countless games."

THEY DO NOT KNOW http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/xz4e6/after_buying_countless_games_on_steam_i_have/

Yeah, if I include mods and games that have multiple entries (Telltale episodes; separate single and multiplayer items) I have like 170+ titles on my Steam list.

• TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Keemossi wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    Someone tell me how to win at Binding of Isaac. Because this game is horribly addicting but total cheapo bullshit.

Find the secret room on every floor.

More like do mostly everything on every floor. Twice if you can.

Like, clear every room. Find the secret room. Scum the arcade.

Also, damage > health. Devil room has some items that are usually worth getting.

Ass-loads of practice, there's no cheap victories in this game

steam_sig.png
  • CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Pretty sure I have more steam games than him and I just finally joined during the summer sale. :D

So I bought Magicka and killed myself during the tutorial. Go me.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Pretty sure I have more steam games than him and I just finally joined during the summer sale. :D

FYI, that is a requirement. 90% of that game will be you killing yourself or others unintentionally.

steam_sig.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So Magicka is basically you as a wizard, going around and blowing stuff up and occasionally yourself?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • YnuuYnuu Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I don't know what all this 'unintentionally' or 'occasionally' stuff is all about but yea that is more or less the gist

Ynuu on
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    So Magicka is basically you as a wizard, going around and blowing yourself up and occasionally other stuff?

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    edited August 2012
    Oh jeeze, I just looked at all my receipts and did the math: I've spent almost $1200 on Steam, including gifts and in-game purchases..

Technically a bit less since a few of them were multi-packs I was paid back in cash for.

Doing the math, it's about $150 a year, with the average cost per item being about $20.

Undead Scottsman on
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    R0land1188 wrote: »

FYI, that is a requirement. 90% of that game will be you killing yourself or others unintentionally.

There was a section of the game that a friend and I repeated 15 or more times because we couldn't reach a checkpoint without killing eachother. It was both hilarious and frustrating. We both ended up running around with max shields on, spamming space every 10 feet to keep it up.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Gamersgate's daily deals today are all Steamworks.

The notables are:

Just Cause 2 3.75 http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-JC2/just-cause-2?caff=3884871
    Saint's Row 3 12.50 http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-PURPLE/saints-row-the-third?caff=3884871

The less notables are Duke Nukem Forever (5 bucks for base game, 10 for game + all DLC) and Nuclear Dawn for 3.75

The DLC for Saints Row 3 is on sale for 50 percent off. Just Cause 2's DLC does not appear to be on sale as of this moment. Saint's Row 2 is also on sale for 5 bucks.

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Buy it standalone to see if you like it first.

Done and done. Thanks for the advice.

Also:
    Zython wrote: »
    signature.png

For those that missed the sale of Void a few days ago. Enjoy!

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    There's also a magicka demo apparently.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Binding of Isaac is pretty easy when you're running it not-optimized on a low-spec laptop like mine.
    the code is actually pretty solid and it doesn't really skip frames? much?

as soon as bullets fill the screen, the slowdown gives me bullet time and it becomes much easier.

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    There's also a magicka demo apparently.

I don't actually have access to my computer with Steam on it, so that wouldn't work. Worst case, I'm out $2.50.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    Giant bomb did a quick look; though they didn't play coop so that was a lost opportunity.
    http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-magicka/17-3749/

Totally bought the game after seeing that.

• TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    After watching this, I absolutely now want Magicka and other dudes/dudettes to play with

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Magicka is one of the best co op games around. The PvP is even a fun way to just screw around. I mean there is no balance or anything even resembling a nod in balance's direction. But it's still fun blowing yourself into sausage and maybe a few of your buddies too.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    So apparently a lot of people were not aware that you could re-skin your Steam client. If you go to the settings, then Interface, theres an option to pick which skin you'd like to use. I'm currently using PixelVision

Example of the skin on my client here:
    SjzX8.jpg

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Biscuit did a series of vids when Magicka came out playing with the Yogscast guys that gives a good idea of how it plays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZHhwUK8aj8&feature=plcp

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Someone tell me how to win at Binding of Isaac. Because this game is horribly addicting but total cheapo bullshit.

Also, damage > health. Devil room has some items that are usually worth getting.

Just to add to this, I agree with this until you get to the womb. Once you're there, your goal should be to head straight for the boss room if you can.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Buy space rangers because its Nethack + Asteroids + text adventure game + space zombie bots + whatever you call the real space travel.

I already love it on gog. Might be better on GOG with no DRM.

Holy cow, that does sound awesome.

I love you STEAM thread!

edit: oh wait there's a sequal and an expansion and European all-in-one versions. I don't know what to buy now.

I've played the original and enjoyed it. I haven't heard good things about the sequel's addition of real time strategy to retake planets. Pics i've seen show you as being in control of a robot army.

It's just starcraft lite except you choose individual parts for your robots. You can also not even install that part and not do them.

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

Just to add to this, I agree with this until you get to the womb. Once you're there, your goal should be to head straight for the boss room if you can.

This. Skip as much of the Womb as you can, it's just not worth it. Same with Sheol and everything else.

Also save an emperor card til the last floor if you can.

steam_sig.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

THEY DO NOT KNOW http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/xz4e6/after_buying_countless_games_on_steam_i_have/

A long time ago I was at my mother's house showing her how to use her new netbook. I set her up with a gmail account, showed her how to check her email, how to search for things, and also Youtube. She loved it, because now she could look for videos of old Catholic ladies sermoning the St. Marias or whatever it is that they do.

After a time, she looked up at me, tilted her head to the side, and asked "Are there any videos of cats on Youtube?"

A single tear formed in my eye, and I could only smile.

That level of innocence was the first thing I thought of when I saw that someone had written that a scrollbar was the result of them buying "countless" games.

The Winter Sale is going to hit you like a Tsunami my friend.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Yes, things escalate quickly during sales and bundle times.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    To be fair - I was pretty excited to get a scroll bar on my Steam library just a month or two ago. Now that feels like a distant memory.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I miss all of your sigs. Now it feels like I stumbled into the internet circa 2001

steam_sig.png
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I have enough scrollbar to donate scrollbar to the scrollbar-ly challenged.

On that note, I'll buy Dark Souls anyway, bunch of naysayers.

steam_sig.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular

More of a sale game for me, I tend to delay GFWL games til they're cheap. The technical stuff doesn't bother me all that much anyway.

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

That's so cute.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Dire JayDire Jay Registered User regular
    /googles "cats" on the interwebs.
    disgusted-mother-of-god.png?1321272571

steam_sig.png
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    So apparently a lot of people were not aware that you could re-skin your Steam client. If you go to the settings, then Interface, theres an option to pick which skin you'd like to use. I'm currently using PixelVision

Example of the skin on my client here:
    SjzX8.jpg
    I consider Steam Compact to be the actual default skin.

• KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular

From what I understand, the "Only runs in 1280x720" thing was a rumor caused by a mistranslation, so I'm waiting until it's actually out and I can have real proof before I jump ship to getting the console version. I'd LIKE to get it on PC to give FROM more money for making Dark Souls, but I'm not sure I can put up with that resolution.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    I gave up on Binding of Isaac when I first got it. I remember something really annoying me about the shooting and movement system, which felt floaty and unpredictable. Like, I remember your projectiles had shadows underneath them which suggested height, but it didn't correspond perfectly to the 2D plane, and my mind was continually confused about it.

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png