As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Reboot-[Mini Phalla]-Stever777 has left the game - Village/Slash Victory!

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Man I'm pretty terrible at phalla I just like being sardonic

Bee smiley is best smiley. :bz Look at that fucking bee. Look at that smug piece of shit. What a fucking asshole.

Hehe!
    Don't dis The Bee.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    Well. at least I won't be voting for TRV amymore.
    I'm gonna put this here again so players just looking at the thread won't just jump on my name.
    Smoove

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I am torn :|

Oh, also, any other neutrals wanna help a bruthah out, contact me.

If you can help.

• adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    stever777, that name's not a character in the show.

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Smoove voted for said Dagon. Twice. On a day that was not the first. He is not the droid you're looking for.

You could always reach out and PM me, TRV...ya know...if you wanted. It's whatever.

I'll vote for the one who Steves.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Smoove voted for said Dagon. Twice. On a day that was not the first. He is not the droid you're looking for.

You could always reach out and PM me, TRV...ya know...if you wanted. It's whatever.

I'll vote for the one who Steves.

/effort

It's nothing against you or anything. You're just one of the people I haven't talked to, so it's easier to imagine that you are evil :p
    If you're not, then you should send me a sexy picture PM sexy picture!

Oh, & if I were gonna make up a name, wouldn't I just use this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReBoot

I wanna be Captain Capactitor!

We all do.

again
    Smoove

On a scale from puppies to don corleone, how mafia are you, approximately? Please use the standard unit of mafis

I'm puppy poop.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Well.... this is certainly an argument. Which side should I take?
    Oh yeah, Village Network Head's side. Duh.
    [color]Stever777[/color]

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    ....derp

Stever777

On a scale from puppies to don corleone, how mafia are you, approximately? Please use the standard unit of mafis

Persons on this scale include but are not limited to Michael, Clamps, patsy, and Scarface.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Stever777

Almost forgot that I didn't vote yet.

• MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    So if I'm figuring things right the game is down 2 kills per night.
    There's 10 players left, probably 2 of them are mafia. Probably 1 neutral still around as Slash.
    We don't need perfect aim to win with those numbers but we still don't have a whole lot of room for error.

Also interesting is that I don't see any attempted vote manipulation in the narration.

I think I was the only person with one vote on them until Assuran voted for me at the last second. If vote manipulation ever was a thing, and it was related to single vote targets, then we should make sure that we watch out for shenanigans.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    Seeing his inevitable death stever777 has conceded defeat, he was the final mafia.

Slash continued to search through the village. Megabyte had brought them into the game via a backdoor program, he had to get out the same way. Slash had forgotten where the door was though. After several days of searching though Slash had finally found it, he opened the root cellar door to one of the buildings and there was Mainframe, Slash collected the remains of Hack and Megabyte and snuck out of the game. The boss was going to be pissed when he woke up.
    Stever777 wandered the streets of the village, all his teamates had already been kicked from the game. He tried to convince the village he was one of them, how was he supposed to know that Joanne wasn't any of their names? He was surrounded in the square and he could see how the votes where going. Why did everyone else have to die! This was such a stupid unblanced piece of crap game. With the press of a button stever disapeared frmo the game.

Behind his desk at the Oval Office Barrack Obama scowled, what a stupid game he thought.

As stever vanished the computer spoke one last time

Game Over

Later at Al's Diner Enzo stood up on a table regaling the tale of the game to some binomes.

"So there I was and Bob was there too, every day he disintegrated someone, mostly us though, I lead the village though! I was like go get that guy and we all went and got him, it was totally Alphanumeric!"

The people of Mainframe where safe once again, until the next game at least.

stever777 - User - Ragequit

Village Victory!
    Slash (premium) wins a neutral victory

I'll post all of the roles shortly, feel free to post your feelings/critiques. I felt the mafia was a little underpowered, I should have given them 6 not 5 people. Though Vagrant_wind had a fantastic seeriing game and I did not forsee the SK offering his services as a vig to the village network.

Network Operations Center (Aelgis has to unlock them).
    Looks like the mafia ones aren't unlocked yet either.

Think they're open now.

<--- Friendly Neighborhood Seer.

Day 1: Alegis (Special / Reverse Seer) - Because he's less likely to get Day 1'd than Infidel/JDark and is an excellent networking player. Respect the bird.
    Day 2: Mr. J Dark (Mafia) - Mr. Dark wasn't Day 1'd by mafia. Strange.
    Day 3: TRV (Roleblock) - He claimed the power, but we wanted to make sure he was village. Roleblock is very commonly a mafia power too and it could have been a ploy.
    Day 4: Asuran (Mafia) - Pure gut instinct on my part.
    Day 5: Kilnaga (Villager) - We were convinced that either The Dragon or Kilnga had to be mafia.

Also, our resident SK revealed to use as "Neutral Vig". LOL. Obvious SK is Obvious.

Especially with only one kill the mafia really needed ~7 people. Or 6 and slightly stronger individual powers.

Mafia Roles
    General Mafia Role

You are a User (A human player). You're just playing this brand new game Phalla 9000 with your friends. You here that it has some of the most advanced AI in any game ever made. You have chosen to play with with all your friends on the mafia together against a computer controlled village. Your fellow Users are jdarksun, stever777, The Dagon, Assuran and Kaplar. Please set up a proboard and send me a link. All orders can be provided by proboard or in PM, PM will always supercede proboards. Individual role messages will be sent post haste.

Victory Condition- You must gain control of the vote and eliminate anyone who moves against you.

Murder in the Night: The Users may collectively select a single player each night. That player will be killed. You may specify how you want the character to be killed. As the mafia you can arrange to have any weapon or unfortunate accident occur to the target. You may not copy any other kill descriptions verbatim.

stever777 role
    Phalla 9000 offers many special roles for its players, you have selected the Aspect of Secrecy.

Victory Condition- You must gain control of the vote and eliminate anyone who moves against you.

Special Powers: Clouded in Secrecy - One day you may pick a single player, that player will be trapped in a cloud of darkness and unable to take any actions that night.

jdarksun role
    Phalla 9000 offers many special roles for players, you have selected Aspect of Luck.

Special Power: Lucky Day 1: The Aspect of Luck has a one shot special ability. On the first day of voting the User may select a single character from the game. That character will be voted out irregardless of what the actual vote count is at.

Kaplar role
    Phalla 9000 offers many special roles for its Users, you have selected the Aspect of Knowledge.

Special Powers: All seeing Eye: By focusing on a single player you can discern any actions they perform.

The Dagon/Assuran Role
    Phalla 9000 offers many special roles for its Users,but you joined late and all the special roles have been filled.

Special Powers- None

Village Specials Roles
    Alegis Role
    You are Enzo Matrix! You are a sprite ( a computer program with a human avatar) that lives in Mainframe. You dream of becoming a Guardian like Bob and you have chased him into many games, much to his dismay. You seek to protect Mainframe and the only way of doing that is by beating the Users.

Victory Condition: The Village finds and kills all threats to itself.

Special Powers: Remember that Time When?- You always talk about your adventures with Bob in the games. Because of this pretty much everyone knows you. Select one person per day, you will reveal to them that your role and alignment.

Anialos Role
    Your are Phong! You are the original Command.com of mainframe. You have never played a game before, but was dragged into this one by the massive game cube. Everyone thinks you are a little touched in the head, but you have a few tricks up your sleeve.

Special Powers: Guard.exe - Always kept for emergencies, you may execute your guard.exe program to defend one player a day against any sort of harm.

Void Slayer Role
    You are Bob! Guardian of Mainframe. To mend and defend is your creed. Your job is to protect the citizens of Mainframe against anything that could harm them, virus or game.. The only way to save Mainframe from nullification is to win the game.

Special Powers: Glitch Destruction Cannon!: Your keytool Glitch allows you to target one player in the game per day. This player will be revealed and disintegrated.

Vagrant_winds Role
    You are Dot Matrix! You are a sprite (a program with a human like avatar) that lives in Mainframe. You have played many games beside your friend Bob to defend Mainframe, but have never experienced a “Phalla”. The only way to save Mainframe from nullification is to win the game.

Special Powers: Datapad: You almost always have your datapad with you, which you meticulously keep notes. You luckily brought it into the Phalla game. By cross referencing a person with your database you can determine the role name and faction of a single person a night.

TheRoadVirus Role
    You are Andrala! You are a “sprite” (a program with a human like avatar) that once lived inside a different game, but escaped and now live in Mainframe. You have played many games beside your friend Enzo to defend Mainframe, but have never experienced a “Phalla”. The only way to save Mainframe from nullification is to win the game.

Victory Condition: The Village finds and kills out all threats to itself.

Special Powers: Paralyzing Nails - Your nails contain a paralyzing poison. Select one player to use them on each day and that player will be unable to take any actions.

Neutral Roles
    premium/38thDoe Role
    You are Hack (38thDoe) and Slash(premium)! You are the bumbling minions of Megabyte, the most fearsome virus of mainframe. You have snuck into the game via a back door trojan. What Megabyte plans to do you don’t know. You never pay attention when he monologues.

With everyone's identity shrouded with the cloaks you can’t tell you anyone is anymore. But you coudl regonize your brother ) anywhere.

Victory Condition - 1. Megabyte completes his win condition, at this point you can leave the game through the backdoor trojan.

2. If Megabyte dies you must survive to the end of the game to exit through the backdoor. Since you didn't enter the game legally you have no idea what horrible things may happend to you if you die without Megabyte to save you.

Cythraul Role
    You are Hexadecimal! You are a chaos virus. You entered the game on your own accord on a whim. Before everyone was cloaked you caught sight of the lovely Bob whom you have been slightly infatuated with. Its caught your fancy to keep him safe from any harm today.

Victory Condition- You and Bob live to the end of the game If Bob dies you will lose and leave the game.

Special Power: Chaotic shielding - You may select one player a night. Any ability cast on this player will be reflected to a random other player (you are not included in this randomness).

The numbers don’t add up! - Once per game you may swap the person with the highest and lowest votes in the vote count. If there are ties the player swapped with be randomly selected.

Megafrost Role
    You are Megabyte! A command and control infection virus. You have snuck into the game with the intent of destroying everyone, both User and computer program. That way Mainframe will finally realize how powerful you really are. YOu snuck into the game via a backdoor Trojan and hijacked the game, giving yourself the “Serial Killer” role. The only people you aren’t focused on killing is Hack and Slash your two minions. You told them to stay close, but they seem to have wandered off and you aren’t sure who they are anymore.

Victory Condition- Everyone must die except for Hack and Slash.

Special Power: Infection - You may select one player a day, you can infect and destroy this player.

Corrupted Code - You have altered some of the programming of the game when you entered. You can not be killed by vigs in this game. You are only killable via the vote.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I messed up and should have had Void dead after day 2. Oh well.

I had the seer down to you and Smoove.

Good game village, I'll have more to say later, but for now, food.

So my personal thoughts, I underestimated the SK ability to even out the village/mafia. I had toyed with giving the mafia a vig on top of their group kill, but was concerned that with the SK out there that it would have unbalanced things. In hindsight I should have either upped the number of mafia to 6 or 7. Or I should have made Megabytes win condition more mafia aligned, something like all village specials have to be dead to win. When Megafrost offered to take kill direction from the village network though I knew I had messed up bad and I apologize for that. When that happened the mafia really lost any chance of winning.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I absolutely deserve to be grudged by Megafrost for revealing/confirming him as the SK to the village network. I almost feel bad about it, but I felt my best chance of winning was to sacrifice him to confirm to the village that I wasn't going to threaten them.
    I made sure to let the mafia know asap that I was not a threat to them either.

Assuran, you were sooooooo close with your reasoning Day 3. "I'm feeling like taking a shot at either Infidel, Orange Soda, or Vagrant Winds. Alegis is an old player, so I think it's more likely one of the vets took a shot at him day 1." Why didn't you continue that day 4? Why take shots in the dark for the vig when you already suspect a seer?

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    bwahaha :D

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Vanilla ate my orders. Sorry Void :\

Sucks to go out that way when so close to pulling it off!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    jdarksun wrote: »
    bwahaha :D

You know it's true. How many times have you been killed early by mafia lately? :D

Alegis is good, as I said on the boards.
    Also, was just kidding on the "game is unbalanced stuff".
    Was part of my obfuscation attempt.
    Thanks for running GB!
    Always good to be mafia.

TRV and I semi-networked on DAy 2, roughly when I was about to be bandwagoned for the immediate 'that's bad' reaction sentence.

TRV and I semi-networked on DAy 2, roughly when I was about to be bandwagoned for the immediate 'that's bad' reaction sentence.
    Voting people for stuff like that irks me.

stever777 wrote: »
    Alegis is good, as I said on the boards.
    Also, was just kidding on the "game is unbalanced stuff".
    Was part of my obfuscation attempt.
    Thanks for running GB!
    Always good to be mafia.

TRUST=0!
    What did you hope to gain by revealing to me?

Needed a non-network head player for the story & a test subject for it's believability.:)
    Also, voting for you kinda made sense in the tale I was telling, the way I was crafting it.
    I don't give up in any game but I knew I was in trouble today & had to do something other than just hope to get very lucky.

I tried to roleblock you last night. Didn't work for some reason.