As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reboot-[Mini Phalla]-Stever777 has left the game - Village/Slash Victory!

1151617181921»

• Options
    GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    I tried to roleblock you last night. Didn't work for some reason.

Cause he roleblocked you too!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hahaha nice

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    So did both go off and we both roleblocked each other?

• Options
    Greenbarons August 7
    While hunting for infidel you found yourself lost in a strange series of shadows. It was some time before you found your way out. You were unable to complete your task. And you know he later died.

TheRoadVirus August 7
    If I stab myself, does my roleblock go off, thus disabling me from taking action, thus not letting me roleblock, thus letting me act, thus letting me roleblock myself, ad nauseum?

Greenbarons August 7
    You would create a temporal rift destroying all of Mainframe and perhaps even the Net. SUPRISE you found your alternative win con.... not.

TheRoadVirus August 7
    Aw man that'd be awesome haha

Greenbarons August 7
    Spectrum victory

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    I had role block too & it was basically on you almost all game. ;))

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    So did both go off and we both roleblocked each other?

Yes. Admittedly it revealed a problem with my everything is simultaneous stance on the defensive actions.

• Options
    Damn! I thought about taking the name Mouse from the wiki, which wasn't being used, but chickened out.
    Maybe that would've got me by Alegis' all-knowingness.

• Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    If you'd gotten by Alegis, you wouldn't have fooled me. Mouse was a pretty bit character.

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Yay! My failing is in the thread title!
    (Altho' I guess it could mean I left victorious.)

E - "stever777-has-left-the-game"
    kinda like Elvis has left the building.

stever777 on

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    "Yey, I'm a village special!"
    "Crap."

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Don't worry about it Cythraul. I still consider it a victory for myself...

I am confused as to why I was going to be a target day 2, did you know I was a vig or just a general thought?

Technically that would have lost you 3 village kills also. :rotate:

I was taking orders from Alegis so the network knew who you were, it would have only made the game longer.

I can only say that if I am the vig, be fearful village.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Void if it makes you feel any better, your vig job was on par with mine in the secrets phalla.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    OK, so now, my extended thoughts:

On the day 1 "Lucky Day" mechanic: Interesting in a mini, but probably over powered if the mafia had been actually a threat. Basically, an extra mafia kill that allowed us to ramp up fears of vote manipulation from that point onwards. Green probably shouldn't have put in that extra little bit on day 3 in the narrativ about attempted vote manipulation to extend out village fears, but the mafia was pretty hosed by that time anyways.

On Void Slayer: We roleblocked Void Slayer day 1 and didn't really know if it did anything or not. The Village vig showed up night 2, but I felt it was possible there was a new player as the vig who didn't want to shoot in the dark. I should have eliminated Void on day 3 when the kill showed up night 2, but I wasn't really sure he was the vig (and was looking for the seer). By the time I felt confident in the matter, it was already too late for Dagon.

On not killing Vagrant Wind: Totally blew that, even after making a good case for it. Got distracted by wanting to frame INANTP and felt we could do that better with Obi's death and hopefully vote out INANTP the next night. Still wasn't 100% sure you were the seer, but had it narrowed down to you and Smoove.

On mafia power level: Lucky day is a pretty strong power. It destroys the 1 thing a village have during day 1, which is the vote. However, this was countered by only having a power trace (killed off early), a roleblock, and 1 mafia kill, to go along with only 5 total mafia. Probably slightly underpowered, but I'm not sure it was that drastic. There was good village play as well (plus, some great seer work). Nailing 2 mafia to seers in like 4 days is pretty strong.

On neutrals: Having talked to Premium and Cythraul, it was fairly obvious that the neutrals weren't going to help us. I could have threatened them, but I didn't think we really had any leverage at that point. I also didn't realize Cyth died when the Vig died. When I was talking to him, I was already fairly confident we were killing Bob that night. I made a last ditch effort to get Cyth to help the mafia, but he never responded.

Overall: I had fun, even if we knew we were on a sinking ship when 2 of us had already died so early in the game.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    At least I have a grudge now! Thanks @stever777!

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Oh! I expected more mafias
    Network Operations Center (Aelgis has to unlock them).
    Looks like the mafia ones aren't unlocked yet either.
    Unlocked
    Was fun, thanks for hosting green Barons!

• Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    Well done village network. You guys had freakishly good aim.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I don't often feel like I get very far in Phalla, but I had a productive Day 1.
    Really enjoyed the setting and my role. Very sad to be taken out Day 1.
    Thanks for running Greenbarons.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Yeah, I really shouldn't have revealed to the network. Dumb move on my part. But when discussing the idea with Premium, he seemed to think I should go for it. In hindsight maybe I shouldn't have revealed my real win condition to premium either.

SK is hard, yo. And I had no idea how to play it. Soon as Greenbarons gave me the PM, I figured I was going to lose this one.

Lessons I learned:

1. As SK, don't reveal to anyone.
    2. On day one, it might be better to wait until late in the day to vote or join a bandwagon to more easily avoid retaliatory votes.
    3. When making a post on suspicions, back it up with a vote.
    4. Trust my mafia radar more. See this thread:
    dagon wrote:
    Megafrost has two of us on his list. Could be suspicious if he gets offed, but we still need to keep an eye on him, try to keep him quiet or something.
    stever777 wrote:
    Yeah, his mafdar is working well.
    5. Learn to lie more and better.

Good game all. One of these days I'll get through a game without getting myself killed by dumb mistakes.

• Options
    Thanks for running, GB! Was fun, and I like being able to paralyze people.

• Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    Man, reading the proboards I looked like a really shitty player.

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Read through both proboards. I'm pretty happy with the way I played, got both sides to trust me fairly early on and breezed to an individual victory.
    Thanks for running Greenbarons, I had a blast.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Indeed, thanks for running this Greenbarons.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    Was a good phalla. We seemed to be doing well for the first few days, but the village made an impressive comeback.

I think I'm starting to get a little better at playing mafia. Of course, no matter what I am, people always assume I'm mafia in every phalla ever.

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon