As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Phall]ympic Games! - Cheater Victory!

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    8->

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Yov all may have signed vp for the cheeses, bvt wait vntil yov see the alcohol we have accvmvlated for the opening ceremonies!

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Did I miss it?

Or reserve, if I am too slow.

chamberlain on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Alcohol in this time is still made of dirt, vinegar, and actval spirits from dead things, yes?

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Alcohol in this time is still made of dirt, vinegar, and actval spirits from dead things, yes?

Yes, but we have many more varieties.

Don't bother explaining it to him, better to just get him drunk.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    And we're set! Day 0 narration and PM's will go out later tonight.

PM's are now going out! Please refrain from speaking until the Day 0 narration is posted!

Day 0 - Getting Ready

“No sir, there’s not a problem. Everything is coming together quite nicely if you ask me.”

Not that Chester would have DREAMED of giving another answer to the President of NBC. After all, it was his idea to try and stage the Phallympics. Any problems would be resting squarely on his shoulders. He grabbed his second cell phone and went to his recently called numbers. He knew that she’d just send him straight to voicemail again, but he needed to make sure he hadn’t gone totally crazy.

“Hava, it’s Chester. I just wanted to check in with you on Octavius. I thought you said he was a producer. He’s been hanging around for a few days and as far as I can tell, he really thinks he’s an ancient roman emperor. I’m not sure if he’s nuts or just really into method acting. Anyways, call me back.”

He hung up just in time to be nearly run over by a massive plastic booth.

“Damn it people! Watch where you’re going! Those are state of the art e-gaming booths imported directly from Korea. If you start banging them around, they won’t be soundproof anymore!” Chester was a little hazy on how exactly the booths had been procured from the professional Starcraft league. With only a month to put together the first olympics of phalla, he figured it was a good idea to get everything set and ask questions later.

His phone rang again. As he looked at the name, he knew this was just going to lead to another headache.

“Hey Saber, we need to talk about the opening ceremonies. I got all the flags for the parade of nations, but it turns out we have way too many Americans. Can you change some nationalities or something? Maybe find out who has dual citizenship with France or something?”

“Lou, I’m not actually playing, so please just call me Chester. Saber is my login name. And I am NOT going through all these people and asking who has dual citizenship with France. Have you SEEN the names that they’re giving. It wouldn’t shock me to know that one or two of them are one the run from the authorities in France. We’ll just scrap the parade of nations. Split people up into teams or something. Just name them after old phalla players.”

Chester let out a sigh as he got off the phone with his production assistant. Lou was good, but they were all running on fumes at the moment. He stopped another PA walking by.

“What’s with the signs for Archery and Dressage. We don’t have any of that in Phalla. Our day 1 competition is supposed to be called...”

“Orders from upstairs. They thought people wouldn’t get what you were talking about, so we’ve changed all of the event names to mirror ones in the Olympics. Saved some money on signage too!”

It certainly wasn’t the worst decision from upstairs Chester had been saddled with. At least he’d been able to go out and find celebrities who actually watned to play phalla. He shuddered to think what would have happened had the brass made him include the Kardashian sisters. Chester shook his head quickly. There was work to be done. Still, he couldn’t help but perk up as soon as he saw a familiar coiffed figure.

“Mr. Costas! Mr. Costas, over here!” Chester waved vigorously. “Mr. Costas, I just wanted to say how much of a honor it is to work with you. I’ve loved the olympics ever since I was a child and getting to produce them with you is really a dream come true.”

Bob Costas looked at the thin man in front of him. “That’s nice. Where can we put the desk and the fireplace?”

“Desk?”

“Yeah, the olympics desk. I have one specially made each time. We’ve got a whole room. Just need to find some space for it and I can have McEnroe and Seacrest move everything in.”

Chester got back on his phone. It was going to be a long day.

PM's have been sent! Day 1 has begun!

Please note - DO NOT EDIT POSTS FROM THIS POINT FORWARD. Ahem. The first and second offenses will be warning. The third will result in your removal. Just don't do it :)

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    COR NOT ME EDITS

liEt3nH.png
  • GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    If dressage isn't dressage what is it? Probably something stupid like dancing horses.

• MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Costas[.

My nemisii of nemisee.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    If you're on team Space Marine, you should contact me.

• TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    You know who I regret not phallaing more with? Gumpy.

See, if I'd played with him - I'm referring to Gumpy - more I might know him (again, Gumpy) better, so I might be able to be more subtle about this.

GUMPY.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Ya'll are the least subtle. Heathens.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    Ya'll are the least subtle. Heathens.

You are too stupid to assimilate. You will be destroyed as an example to all that such stupidity will not be tolerated.

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    I think that I'll just polish my monocle while things settle down.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Langly

PSN SeGaTai
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Well I'm in trouble if all the names are based on old phalla players because my team isn't ringing a bell.

Mill Yeah I bet cheater is not anyone name.

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Well I'm in trouble if all the names are based on old phalla players because my team isn't ringing a bell.

I see what you did there.

cheaters are all on specific teams

liEt3nH.png
    i mean BLIMEY ALL THOSE CHEATS'LL BE MUCKIN' ABOUT WITH SPECIFIC TEAMS

liEt3nH.png

cheaters are all on specific teams

Yeah I was trying to make a joke and then I realized it didn't make any sense. I would edit it, but seeing as how I can't it will forever stand in shame.

• adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    stever777, you shall serve as our first extermination.

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Tayrun wrote: »

See, if I'd played with him - I'm referring to Gumpy - more I might know him (again, Gumpy) better, so I might be able to be more subtle about this.

GUMPY.

You know who should be in this game but isn't....

INFIDEL.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    Just as a general reminder, please include the host on all PM's.

Thanks!

The Host

warban wrote: »
    Tayrun wrote: »

GUMPY.

You know who should be in this game but isn't....

INFIDEL.

Ooh, he put up a brick wall on that one, let's see what the judges think.
    3.0 3.5 3.5. 2.5 3.0 3.0

With an attempted difficulty level of 3.0, that score is going to leave warban in serious danger of not making the semifinals in the Day One Team Role Call event. He was widely considered to be a favorite for a medal, so this is a stunning development.

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    stever777 this Infidel is surely a cheater! USA! USA! USA!

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    JUST TRY AND VOTE ME OUT MORTAL. MY DARK TENTACLES WILL DRAG YOU INTO THE VOID.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Perhaps I was a tad too subtle, based on these other posts.

Can we vote out Costas and make you host as someone less obnoxiously judgemental, like McEnroe or Dan Patrick?

Can we vote out Costas and make you host as someone less obnoxiously judgemental, like McEnroe or Dan Patrick?

Clarification Denied. But I wouldn't try your luck if I was you.

BOB'S YOUR UNCLE SO LIKE HERE'S A TRICK

EVERYBUDDY REALLY NEEDS TO GET WITH THEIR TEAM TO COMPLETE THE OPENING CEREMONIES POWER ROIGHT?

AND ALL OUR COMPETITION IN THE EVENTS WILL BE UNDAH OUR CHOSEN NAMES AND NOT OUR USERNAMES

SO OI'M WONDERIN' IF THERE'S ANY REAL ADVANTAGE TO KEEPIN' OUR FACTION AFFILIATION A SECRET

liEt3nH.png
    To anyone and everyone on the team that ends with "d".

We need to get together and get on a proboard.

I can't see the proboards not being infiltrated to all hell and back so I agree with INANTP, its not going to really matter ultimatly. Not that I'm going to tell you mine though.

EVERYBUDDY REALLY NEEDS TO GET WITH THEIR TEAM TO COMPLETE THE OPENING CEREMONIES POWER ROIGHT?

AND ALL OUR COMPETITION IN THE EVENTS WILL BE UNDAH OUR CHOSEN NAMES AND NOT OUR USERNAMES

SO OI'M WONDERIN' IF THERE'S ANY REAL ADVANTAGE TO KEEPIN' OUR FACTION AFFILIATION A SECRET

You only get the power if the only people on your proboard are your peeps. Any infiltrators (non-team members) and you don't get the power.

So, all these people who have let loose their affiliation have made it easier for people to fake that they are part of their network.

Luckily no one has posted my faction's name publicly yet. I encourage everyone in the same boat to contact me. No one else in this faction need to reveal in the thread as it will make it easier for you to infiltrate other proboards.

OH

And this no editing posts thing?

Everyone needs to pay VERY CLOSE ATTENTION to everything in posts. The only reason that rule would exist is because there are posting powers.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    anyone whose team is related to a BNP get in contact with me ;-) ...

ObiFett wrote: »

You only get the power if the only people on your proboard are your peeps. Any infiltrators (non-team members) and you don't get the power.

So, all these people who have let loose their affiliation have made it easier for people to fake that they are part of their network.

BUT OI ALREADY KNOW LIKE 4 OTHER TEAMS THAT AREN'T MINE AND COULD EASILY MESS WITH EVERYBUDDY Y'SEE

liEt3nH.png