As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Snakes on a Plane - updated 8/8/06

13»

• Options
    AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    edit: The first theater raid will be taking place Thursday, August 24th following the Pre-PAX dinner, which will start at 7 pm at Azteca.

Pre-PAX 2006 Dinner is at Las Margaritas. Not Azteca. It can be a little confusing because they are close in proximity. But don't show up at Azteca because the waitstaff will look at you like this: :?: . Hehe! :) See you there! :wink:

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • Options
    JerkfishJerkfish NYCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I just got back from seeing it and WOW! I haven't had that much fun at a movie ever. And now instead of the excitement fading I'm now looking forward to seeing it next week after the pre-pax dinner. This will be awesome beyond words.

Jerkfish on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Damn, it's getting 80% or so at RottenTomatoes. Really looking forward to it.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    john_zoidbergjohn_zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I just saw it with a friend and it was great. The crowd was awesome, and I can't imagine what a crowd full of like-minded people would be like.

john_zoidberg on
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
  • Options
    cold wolfcold wolf Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Snakes on a Plane... good? My mind is being blown.

So we're definitely going to Lincoln Square, right? Their theaters are huge and extremely comfortable (SoaP is still playing on one of their biggest screens, as of 8/18 when I last went there). Student discounts at $8. I'm graduated, but I kept my ID--still works everywhere.

Fuck yes.

cold wolf on
  • Options
    john_zoidbergjohn_zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Yeah, I thought Snakes on a Plane was going to be shitty, but it turns out being one of those movies that is so awesome that you can imagine going to midnight showings of it when you're like 30. I think it's going to be one of those cult films like Rocky Horror.

john_zoidberg on
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    cold wolf wrote:
    Snakes on a Plane... good? My mind is being blown.

So we're definitely going to Lincoln Square, right? Their theaters are huge and extremely comfortable (SoaP is still playing on one of their biggest screens, as of 8/18 when I last went there). Student discounts at $8. I'm graduated, but I kept my ID--still works everywhere.

Fuck yes.

It's good in the sense that it got the balance of ridiculousness, making fun of itself, and taking itself seriously exactly right.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Should I call the theater and warn them that a bunch of people are coming? While overwhelming them would be fun, it would suck to be the only one working concessions when we roll up late on a Thursday night.

Doc on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Should I call the theater and warn them that a bunch of people are coming? While overwhelming them would be fun, it would suck to be the only one working concessions when we roll up late on a Thursday night.

Don't warn them until Thursday. Call from Las Margaritas (make sure somebody who's drunk is on the phone) and say, "hey, like 150 of us are coming to your theater, we'll be there in like 45 minutes"

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2006
    Too late, I just called them. Despite me claiming that around 100 people would be showing up, the lady on the phone didn't seem too afraid.

She will be.
    She will be.

Doc on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2006
    Thanks, Doc.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2006
    Maybe they won't remember by thursday.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    cold wolfcold wolf Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Doc wrote:

Don't warn them until Thursday. Call from Las Margaritas (make sure somebody who's drunk is on the phone) and say, "hey, like 150 of us are coming to your theater, we'll be there in like 45 minutes"
    I lol'd. Loudly, I might add.

Seriously that would've been a sacred moment or something. Way to ruin our fun Doc. :(

cold wolf on
  • Options
    jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    So could I catch a ride with someone to the theatre from dinner? My friends are adamantly refusing to go see it :(

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
  • Options
    AerophisAerophis Gamer Dad Issaquah WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    jenelle wrote:
    So could I catch a ride with someone to the theatre from dinner? My friends are adamantly refusing to go see it :(

I'll walk with you if you like. It's maybe, maybe 5 blocks away. It would be more of a pain to drive than it would be to walk.

Aerophis on
  • Options
    jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Aerophis wrote:
    jenelle wrote:

I'll walk with you if you like. It's maybe, maybe 5 blocks away. It would be more of a pain to drive than it would be to walk.

Oh cool, I didn't know it was that close :D

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
  • Options
    AerophisAerophis Gamer Dad Issaquah WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Yeah, downtown Bellevue is not very big at all. Pretty much all the main attractions are within walking distance. (I wish I would have known that last year!) I imagine most people will be walking, so worse comes to worse, you can just follow the crowd.

Aerophis on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2006
    Mmm. 100 semi-intoxicated geeks walking 5 blocks. People, bring cameras with fresh batteries and plenty of memory space.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2006
    Okay, OP updated.

I won't be able to attend the 9:55 showing, it doesn't look like, as I have to be at another dinner at 9, but I'll be aiming for the 10:35 show.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Directions.

It's a very short walk.

Doc on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I just saw it, but the theatre was completely empty except for me :( . It was the 6:45 showing, too... My town sucks. It's too bad I can't make it tonight.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    I just saw it, but the theatre was completely empty except for me :( . It was the 6:45 showing, too... My town sucks. It's too bad I can't make it tonight.

good thing the show isn't until tomorrow.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Wow, lost track of the days, hehe. Well, that means I have 1 more day to finish reading a book and doing a book report on it. Whee.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Is there a second Theater assault planned?

I'm not gracing Bellevue with my presence until Friday, but I wanna see Samuel L. MF'n Jackson with a buncha PA'ers.

Comparing the theater schedule vs. the PAX sched, it looks like a 10:35 showing would only conflict with the tail end of the Warcraft III tourney, and the last hour and a half of "concert A" (any idea who is playing on Friday?).

I dunno if anyone's planned this out, but my strategy is to walk/stagger from the Flying Labs Software Party straight to the theater. A decent walk in the brisk evening air.

Anyone with me?

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Options
    ZyzzyvasZyzzyvas Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Is there anyway for people not going to the dinner to know which show to come to considering you guys are planning on going to one based on when you get out of the dinner?

Zyzzyvas on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Zyzzyvas wrote:
    Is there anyway for people not going to the dinner to know which show to come to considering you guys are planning on going to one based on when you get out of the dinner?

The showings are only a half hour apart. You could just show up for the earlier one and see if there is a huge horde of geeks, then wait around for the later one if we don't show up.

Doc on
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Can you believe there are already call/response sheets for the audience to make it an "interactive" film?

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    HotSake wrote:
    Can you believe there are already call/response sheets for the audience to make it an "interactive" film?

Yes. But most of them that I've seen are really dumb and would ruin the movie as opposed to everyone just cheering whenever something totally rad happens, which is all the time.

Doc on
  • Options
    kolekole Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    so who is going to be the first one to say it out loud at the convention? i'm sure everyone will join in...

kole on