As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-PAX 2006 Dinner Results!

124»

• GravenImageGravenImage Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Okay, weird topic but..

I don't normally drink but think I'll probably have a margarita to get into the spirit of the event. Thing is, I know nothing about margaritas. Anyone want to volunteer to help me find something good Thursday night?

GravenImage on
    4682E6D2C2A28.png
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Hexcore wrote:
    Astayonix wrote:
    1) I spoke with the manager of Las Margaritas, and I told him that I think he can do a better job with our discount. So, he extended the 10% discount to EVERYTHING on the menu (including alcoholic drinks!) before tax. So, yay! 10% off of EVERYTHING!

I have never meet you but, I must still salute your Awe inspiring bargaining power. That has earned you at least one drink from me :)

Hehehe! :lol: I can generally take about 1 drink until I'm babbling about how freakin' great I am with a huge smile plastered across my face (I'm a loud, self-important, giggly drunk). However, that is a tempting offer, and I may just have to take you up on that! :twisted: Come find me and we'll toast together!

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
    edited August 2006
    Okay, weird topic but..

I don't normally drink but think I'll probably have a margarita to get into the spirit of the event. Thing is, I know nothing about margaritas. Anyone want to volunteer to help me find something good Thursday night?

I'll help you out :)

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    edited August 2006
    Astayonix wrote:
    Okay, weird topic but..

I'll help you out :)

Awesome, I look forward to trying a margarita on Thursday!

GravenImage on
    4682E6D2C2A28.png
  • cold wolfcold wolf Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    jwallis wrote:
    I can't sit at the People in the Area and Losers with no Friends table. I may have an open personality, but there is still just one of me.
    Don't worry jwallis, I'm new to Bellevue so I don't know anyone except a college freind who happened to come to Seattle as well. I'll probably be wearing my blue shirt with PacMan on it, so be sure to say hello!

So I'm definately in, probably by myself unless my bud gets away from work at a decent time. I'm also up for Snakes on a Plane... which will be showing at Lincoln Square, right? Best theaters in town, and just a couple blocks down from the Las place. (Yes, I'm aware that I just said "the The", thank you.) I'll post in the Snakes thread...

cold wolf on
  • MegaMan AddictMegaMan Addict Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I'm in. Can't resist margaritas. ;)

MegaMan Addict on
  • QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Do i need to researve a table or somthing or do I just show up wth some cash? I was just thinking of catching a bus and showing up. a little more info would be nice.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    QuickSnap wrote:
    Do i need to researve a table or somthing or do I just show up wth some cash? I was just thinking of catching a bus and showing up. a little more info would be nice.

You just show up.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2006
    Belated noob confirmation for two here.

Also, we would be able to take two more folks from the Red Lion if you need a ride. We're hitting Snakes on a Plane afterwards, so you'd have be able to hold your margaritas through Mr. Jackson. Vomit in the rental car equals a penalty of being forced to play Barbie Horse Adventure publicly and all that pink can be wicked on a hangover.

Bonus if the interested party up for a true Seattle adventure; we're hitting Archie McPhee's in the afternoon before the dinner to get our ninja/pirate/rubber chicken on.

Unknown User on
    edited August 2006
    Heh. Okay, yeah, so umm, Las Margaritas is evidently like 2 blocks from the Red Lion. I said I was a noob.

Well, the offer of a ride to McPhee's still stands and maybe I can carry you to the dinner or something.

Unknown User on
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    As I am still not 100% on my time of arrival into the great state of Washington, I can't say for sure. But I will surely try and be there for the festivities.

I would say to count me in, because, by God, I'll be there if it kills (Me, God, somebody will die)!

Hope to see you all there.

Officer on
    edited August 2006
    Are you still taking confirmations? The two of us will probably show up at the restaurant anyway. :) see yall there.

Unknown User on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2006
    It really isn't a matter of taking confirmations any more. At first it was a "How many people want to come?" and when the answer was "Oh holy shit, a metric fuck-ton" it basically became a "Show up and we'll see you there" sort of thing.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited August 2006
    It really isn't a matter of taking confirmations any more. At first it was a "How many people want to come?" and when the answer was "Oh holy shit, a metric fuck-ton" it basically became a "Show up and we'll see you there" sort of thing.

Yup. RSVPing is primarily for my headcount purposes so I can keep the restaurant manager up-to-date on the number of people coming. So, if you are coming be sure to post how many people you are RSVPing for. :P

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2006
    Astayonix wrote:

Yup. RSVPing is primarily for my headcount purposes so I can keep the restaurant manager up-to-date on the number of people coming. So, if you are coming be sure to post how many people you are RSVPing for. :P

That reminds me, our numbers have jumped from 5 to a potential 7 (but maybe only 6).

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2006
    I'll be there with my woman. :)

Unknown User on
  • degreesplatinumdegreesplatinum aka. casual_geek Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    im with Trillian's group, so make sure to +1 more :)

degreesplatinum on
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Due to flight chyanges, I'll now be able to come, and will be bringing 2 others.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • bzarhandsbzarhands Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Count me in for margaritas and mole.

bzarhands on
    I made a post on the Internet!
  • that_jon_guythat_jon_guy Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I don't drink, but can I get in on this? Good food and good comradely is a boon for me.

that_jon_guy on
    Just trying to escape the Midwest for a weekend.
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    I don't drink, but can I get in on this? Good food and good comradely is a boon for me.

NEVER!

Of course.

Doc on
  • Mo1sonMo1son Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I think I was included in Trillian's initial count, but just in case, i'll be there!

Mo1son on
    edited August 2006
    Okay. Here's the final headcount that I gave to the restaurant:

Confirmed YES: 113

Confirmed YES and MAYBE: 148

That's all she wrote folks! I'm not going to update the headcount again, so whoever shows up, shows up!

Tomorrow is the big night! I'll see you guys at 7pm at Las Margaritas in Bellevue! Oh, and BRING CASH!!! :twisted: Yay!

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • Mo1sonMo1son Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Cash is King.

Mo1son on
    edited August 2006
    My cash for the event has already been retrieved. See y'all there!

GravenImage on
    4682E6D2C2A28.png
  • Husher~Husher~ Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Astayonix wrote:
    Oh, and BRING CASH!!! :twisted: Yay!

right! no paper trail.
    did a bank run today

Husher~ on
    active
  • endlesswaltzendlesswaltz Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Since this place might explode with people, my friend and I will most likely be interested in the +21 bar thing later.

When and where is it, does someone know? I'm sorry for the late inquiry!!

endlesswaltz on
    edited August 2006
    Since this place might explode with people, my friend and I will most likely be interested in the +21 bar thing later.

When and where is it, does someone know? I'm sorry for the late inquiry!!

We are going to Snakes on a plane right after the dinner, then possibly a bar or something. It will be close to midnight by then, so people might want to rest up for PAX.

Doc on
  • CymoroCymoro Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I'm in. I figure I'll leave the resturant around 9 to catch the movie, since the line might be fucking enormous.

Cymoro on
    i am perpetual, i make the country clean
    edited August 2006
    Cymoro wrote:
    I'm in. I figure I'll leave the resturant around 9 to catch the movie, since the line might be fucking enormous.

You can order tickets online:

http://www.lincolnsquarecinemas.com/index.php?option=com_showtimes&showtimedate=2006-08-24

But it's 9.50+1.00 online fee = 10.50 per ticket. Pricey. I think I'll bring in a 2-liter of soda and just kick it over in the theater.

Doc on
  • cSpoogecSpooge Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Cymoro wrote:

You can order tickets online:

http://www.lincolnsquarecinemas.com/index.php?option=com_showtimes&showtimedate=2006-08-24

But it's 9.50+1.00 online fee = 10.50 per ticket. Pricey. I think I'll bring in a 2-liter of soda and just kick it over in the theater.

i wish 10.50 for a ticket was pricey up here... They just lowered prices to 11 bucks from 13.50 because they weren't getting enough business.

cSpooge on
    edited August 2006
    Meixcan Food and the hilarious, bad Movie 'Snakes on a Plane' - can't think of a better way to start PAX this year.

2 please.

-flip

PS - Oh yeah, and BEER!

Unknown User on
  • TherosTheros Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I will probably show up with de4dmeta1 - if he manages to ascape, and possibly two to four other persons!

Argh!

Theros on
  • Kato_ArabelKato_Arabel Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I will definitely show up, assuming I can find a way to squirrel away my big-ass suit case packed full of beer someplace safe....

Kato_Arabel on
    edited August 2006
    Already down in Bothell and will be there at 7! Looking forward to some copious amounts of food and booze!

Unknown User on
    edited August 2006
    Alright, PAers! This is my final bump on this topic! I'm currently headed out the door to go to the restaurant as soon as I finish making this post. I look forward to meeting all of you there, and I know that we're going to have a great time with some good food, good booze, and good company. Be sure to tip well and be understanding of the wait-staff. After all, with 100+ mouths to feed, mistakes are bound to be made. I'll be wearing the a black shirt that says "IRC JUNKIE" on it, and I have long braids. If you see me, say hi! And now, I'm going to repost excerpts from the first Pre-PAX 2006 dinner conversation. Enjoy, and I'll see you there! W00T PAX!!! :twisted:
    Astayonix wrote:
    The Pre-PAX 2006 Dinner will be held at Las Margaritas in Bellevue starting at 7:00pm on Thursday, August 24th 2006. No buffet.

EDIT: Secured a 10% discount on all food and beverages (including alcohol)! Yay! Be sure to BRING CASH with you! We have over 100 people confirmed for this event! Yes! :wink:

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    i'm showing up, I'll be leaving in about ten min.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
    edited August 2006
    I'd really like to thank everyone for making the Pre-PAX 2006 dinner such a great success! You guys are an awesome bunch of people to be around, and thanks for being so flexible with all of the craziness of the entire event! Thanks for the shots of tequila and the awesome etched glass! Woo! Maybe we'll do it again next year, eh? Well, I'd better get some rest so I can kick some ass and take some names tomorrow!

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: W00T PAX!!!! 8)

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    edited August 2006
    Woot PAX indeed. Thanks for planning this. It absolutely rocked and I got to hang out with some awesome folks, yourself included.

See everyone at PAX!

GravenImage on
    4682E6D2C2A28.png
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    The basement late into the dinner:
    lasmargaritas.jpg

Good times. Good times.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png