As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Strange issue regarding cookies...

syndalissyndalis Getting ClassyOn the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
I recently changed my email address on my profile... and ever since I have done that, the forum refuses to hold onto my login, despite my checking of the box requesting that it do so. I have cleared all cache and cookies from my browser on all of my machines, thinking that it might have been the culprit... but I simply cannot stay logged on (eg: it times out after a period of inactivity). I was wondering if this was a known issue for people who change their primary profile info... and if so, is there a fix?

SW-4158-3990-6116
Let's play Mario Kart or something...
syndalis on

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    What site are you going to? Make sure it's www.penny-arcade.com.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited August 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    What site are you going to? Make sure it's www.penny-arcade.com.
    same site as always. Basically, http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=5

And for years now, its been fine... its only buggered up since I changed my email address. It's a total PITA to have to log on every time I want to post something. :(

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited August 2006
    just stating again, the problem is still there.

Furthermore, half the time I try and log in, it tells me my account is invalid, and half the time it works. Nonetheless, even if the box to have my account stay logged in is checked, it will not remain so.

Any update would be great, alpha.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    TobyToby Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Yeah I've got exactly the same problem, exactly the same cause. I think Jinnigan (?) made a thread a while back with a similar issue, too.

Toby on
  • Options
    thatnerdyguythatnerdyguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    syndalis wrote:
    Furthermore, half the time I try and log in, it tells me my account is invalid, and half the time it works.

Just thought I'd mention, I'm having this problem too. I just signed up a couple days ago and never got an activation email. I'm not sure if my manual request got put through, but I've been able to log in successfully a couple times now. Might be related.

thatnerdyguy on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I'm assuming you've cleared cookies and temporary internet files?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    When you change your email you need to click the associated link in the email otherwise the forum gets grumpy and makes you pay for your negligence. Or it gets drunk and forgets you clicked on the link and calls your mother a whore. Either way, I fixed your account.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    When you change your email you need to click the associated link in the email otherwise the forum gets grumpy and makes you pay for your negligence. Or it gets drunk and forgets you clicked on the link and calls your mother a whore. Either way, I fixed your account.
    Thankee sai.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    thatnerdyguythatnerdyguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Seems to be working fine for me now, as well.

:^:

thatnerdyguy on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    And, for the record... my cookie issue is still plaguing me.

I got the invalid username / password warning earlier today, and still cannot stay logged on.

Man, I wish I never changed my email account.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    syndalis wrote:

I got the invalid username / password warning earlier today, and still cannot stay logged on.

You seem to screw up your account awful fierce. *fixed*

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    syndalis wrote:

It truly seems to be fixed now.

As a note, I have not touched my profile since the first poast up there... I don't know why it "popped" again, if it did.

Thanks, though!

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    That'll learn you, syndalis.

I mean, really. Editing your profile? What hubris.

Captain K on
  • Options
    TobyToby Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    syndalis wrote:

Any chance you can fix mine up too? When you get a spare minute.

Toby on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Toby wrote:
    syndalis wrote:

Any chance you can fix mine up too? When you get a spare minute.
    Aye *fixed*

Älphämönkëy on