As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Phall]ympic Games! - Cheater Victory!

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »
    Universal Unmasoned Mafia are a bad idea regardless :|

Agreed, but I think that's the one of the few alternatives to my other explanation, which was that they are much less numerous than in a typical game.

I was agreeing with the later statement :D hence my stating 8 max (since 8 would be norm and 10 being the normal max). It depends on their capabilities.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    I know this is a faction game but I think there is some merit to what MrTLicious suggested. We're going to want to get a handle on the cheaters/mafia as early as possible since if they win we all lose. Screwing over a team by infiltrating will just make it easier for the mafia because that will give them clearer targets to hamstring (thin out teams with powers, while ignoring ones that are without them) and easy scapegoats to steer the vote towards. Assuming they know each other, that means they can do some behind the scenes maneuvering to get the vote on any non-mafia that get into infiltrating other teams. It won't always work if one of them is also involved is such things, but if all non-mafia don't infiltrate teams, it'll make such a tactic rather unappealing to them since then they'll stand out.

also Get with your team and post once on their proboard!!!!!!!

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    OI SAY MILL 'O ARE YOU TO TELL BRAD SHOEMAKER WUT TO DO

liEt3nH.png
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Just caught up to the thread, I'll vote in a bit, sorry guys weekends are the worst for me

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Just don't be absent from your team, inactives can really mess that up :/

I got in touch

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Langly

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
    I'll go with Rysk

since he is the first mafia from last game I recognize. At least I think he was...doesn't really matter.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Each event will have three medalist: Gold, Silver and Bronze. Should a medal winner be eliminated from the game, the medals will trickle down to the next in line. An updated medal count will be provided every night. Please note this will not include any medals won by cheaters.

For clarity, this means that if a player wins an event on Day 1 and is eliminated on some later day, the medal trickles down? In other words, succession occurs even if the player is not eliminated the same day he wins the medal?

If it has not become clear yet, soft-networking is going to fuck us if people are not careful.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    You know who needs a vote?

Retaba needs a vote. Because he's slowly turning into my mortal enemy. He's the SLyM to my Taya. Or the other way around maybe? :P

It depends, are you mafia? Then your Taya.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Each event will have three medalist: Gold, Silver and Bronze. Should a medal winner be eliminated from the game, the medals will trickle down to the next in line. An updated medal count will be provided every night. Please note this will not include any medals won by cheaters.

For clarity, this means that if a player wins an event on Day 1 and is eliminated on some later day, the medal trickles down? In other words, succession occurs even if the player is not eliminated the same day he wins the medal?

That is correct.

Given that, I am sure no one needs to explain that the proboards are currently not secure and have mafia on them so don't blab things you shouldn't, like powers or the events you will be competing in.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    That is bananas.

Given that, I am sure no one needs to explain that the proboards are currently not secure and have mafia on them so don't blab things you shouldn't, like powers or the events you will be competing in.

As if half the players have not already spilled the beans on what events they are competing in.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

As if half the players have not already spilled the beans on what events they are competing in.

I hope this isnt the case.

ObiFett wrote: »

I hope this isnt the case.

Says that man who ran the Majora's Mask mini.

Wait, no, that wasn't you.

That was MrT.

Wait, what?

The not-editing-posts clause is going to take some getting used to.

right

I hate not being able to edit things

Looks like Obi is in the lead by a few votes after a small push at the end of page 5 and start of page 6

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Actually, it was a main :P

• MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Langly-osaur! I CHOOSE YOU!!

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    Warban is probably up to no good.

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
    Clearly bouncing has no place in these games.

Warban

Please do not soft network in your proboards! Normal soft networking has ~20% chance of giving info to them mafia.

On the proboards right now it has ~100% chance of giving vital info to the mafia.

Assumptions that may not be safe to make this game:

1) Cheaters are present on every team
    2) Cheaters are present in equal numbers on every team
    3) With six events, there should be six cheaters, with each cheater competing in two events, the end result being some redundancy
    4) Each team has the same specials
    5) Each team has specials

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    It's still smart to assume there are cheaters on your team and act accordingly, ie. don't post your events to the proboards.

Assumptions that may not be safe to make this game:

1) Cheaters are present on every team
    2) Cheaters are present in equal numbers on every team
    3) With six events, there should be six cheaters, with each cheater competing in two events, the end result being some redundancy
    4) Each team has the same specials
    5) Each team has specials

I'd be pretty confident in #1 and #2 being true. Otherwise it would be hard to balance.

the thing I'm wondering is if the cheaters on our team are even the cheaters on our team.
    see if you can figure out what I mean by that ;-)
    though it should be pretty clear

Didn't the survivor phalla go to hell for the village because #2 wasn't true?

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Cheaters could have been RNG'd into teams too but that does seem less likely.

Didn't the survivor phalla go to hell for the village because #2 wasn't true?

Wasnt that a mini?

I would think with a Main you would want as much control over balance as you can get.

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I think in Pope phalla it had one per team with 2 on english, but that was with less players and different host.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    oy that was a great workout!

Right, now lets get down to business.

You are all cheaters and i am the one true american heroine.

Right.

Well now that we have that solved.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    COR, THE REALITIES OF TIMEZONES AND THE WEEKEND MAKE ME DISLIKE THIS OPENING CEREMONY PROBOARD BUSINESS, WOT WOT

liEt3nH.png
    Retaba wrote: »
    I think in Pope phalla it had one per team with 2 on english, but that was with less players and different host.

yeah ahava rng'd it. And it could have been worst :|

bleh *worse

Anyone have a vote count?

oy that was a great workout!

Right, now lets get down to business.

You are all cheaters and i am the one true american heroine.

Right.

Well now that we have that solved.

So I need to vote out... myself?

Well alright...

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Obi-5
    Langly-4
    Stever777 & Warban-3