As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Phall]ympic Games! - Cheater Victory!

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    obifett

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Mmmm

I could put Obi into the lead some more

or tie it up with Langly and cause mass panic

Or vote for someone else.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    Unless Langly preempts me.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Retaba wrote: »
    I think in Pope phalla it had one per team with 2 on english, but that was with less players and different host.

yeah ahava rng'd it. And it could have been worst :|

there were 50 players and if I remember 4 factions? players were rng'd into their countries, and then mafia/village/special was rng'd to that result.

Which to be honest is about the only fair way that i can think of having something like this.

So yeah, don't trust anybody anymore than you have to.

Langly

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Baidol wrote: »
    Didn't the survivor phalla go to hell for the village because #2 wasn't true?

Wasnt that a mini?

I would think with a Main you would want as much control over balance as you can get.

It was a mini, and yes they were imbalanced because we got to choose what team we were from as the producers of the show. Cheaters probably don't get to choose their Phallanation, but it's something to worry about, yes. Certainly don't go making your voting decisions 100% on this aspect.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Vote close in about 2 hours.

Please note that for the proboard reward the host does need to be on the board. If I have not been approved, I cannot verify your team.

I will be around for the rest of the night if there are any concerns.

• DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular
    This is gonna get complicated. Removing cheaters, but still keeping members of your team for the next day's events. Going to put each team in awkward positions, unless there's a seering (drug testing?) mechanic.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Cheaters do not matter to your team medals, the ones they win are lost to your team anyway.

This leads me to think that the mafia is evenly distributed, otherwise some teams would have gotten royally screwed with less "real" participants then others so that their win condition is much harder then others without them even knowing.

Oh and Langly to tie it up.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    For survival's sake I gotta try Langly (sorry!)

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Obifett to tie it up

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    :|

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    grudging you guys!

Fun!

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Retaba to avoid untying it.

Void when did you become Janeway and why?

I feel like I have missed huge changes here in CF in my brief absence.

there's basically no village in this game, so most general wisdom about village play doesn't apply.

Normally I would take a day one vote as a villager because it's day one and will happen to anyone, and pushing it hard one way or another might hurt the village even more (unless I am a special).

But in this game even if obi is village I can never win with him, so it makes even the idea of a tie better than just me dying. It means his team also loses a member and my team is at slightly less of a disadvantage.

Straight faction games like this are immensely cut throat. Only 8 people are winning this game. That's it. Wither the mafia, or one of the teams. (10 people minus the two assumed infiltrators)

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    First, ties are horrible. Yeah, we weaken both of our teams Langly so it helps and hurts when only looking at factions, but we also make it easier for the mafia. Who will ensure NEITHER OF OUR TEAMS WIN. So ties are still bad, mmkay? Also, et tu, Egos?

Second, MAN, if I get day-one'd after leading the charge to get my team organized and speculating on game mechanics, welp, then I hope the village ends up losing this one for horrible voting habits. Lets vote out one of the most vocal and helpful members of the village on day one! GREAT PLAN!

Let me make this perfectly clear. I. am. a. villager. If you really are concerned about me, vote for someone else and let the seer deal with me. I am a bad vote.

Random thoughts on suspicious bandwagoners:
    - I can't believe that MrT of all people voted for me for "unnecessarily trying to derail" on day 1. Really, MrT? Really? Since when is speculating about game mechanics "derailing" anything?
    - Roman admits to bandwagoning. Which is a pretty stupid thing to do on day 1, too, imo.
    - Then jdark says someone else is deserving of his grudge but he's voting for me anyways? What?!

Huh that actually is pretty out of character for MrT.

• adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    While I wouldn't necessarily call anyone a bad vote on day 1, I will agree that admitting to bandwagoning today and denying grudges is weird.

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
    Tayrun wrote: »
    Void when did you become Janeway and why?

I feel like I have missed huge changes here in CF in my brief absence.

There was a star ship game where people were taking on various captain avatars, I found this one and it works.

Someone then called me an invisible wheel turning extra.

It was funny in that game because I ended up being a scientist and doing most of the zombie fighting on my ship.

You can look at Janeway as one of the worst captains of all time or one of the best villains, I go with the latter.

Dance puppets.

not being able to win with other teams makes every team essentially the mafia. just one mafia is secret and spread out.

the reason we need to eliminate mafia is to get rid of the two on our team that's the only reason.

again, we cannot win as a village. that means that obifett, you being a villager makes no difference. there is no incentive present to not play this game like that.

the mafia winning is the same as you winning.

mrt attempted to infiltrate our team so if you want to switch everyone to him go for it

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    that seems to be pretty standard behavior for mrT.

get his fingers into pretty much everything from the start.

And usually lie in one form or another even when he doesn't have to.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Langly

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Langly

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Sorry all, real busy today. Will have to go over the vote count again at some later point today but for now will be increasing Langly's lead.

hmm.

Well now that's interesting.

ObiFett whoo!

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Langly

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    warban are you even paying attention

Nope.

ObiFett

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    Good morning Phalla.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    when does warban ever pay attention?

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    OI, ANIALOS

liEt3nH.png
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Didn't Langly just get day 1'd last main?

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Sorry Obi, you've just tested positive for redvotes.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra