As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Phall]ympic Games! - Cheater Victory!

• adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    Must murder INANTP.

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    jdarksun wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Alot

ALOT.png

You're a Goose. Lets make fun of someone's grammar/spelling in a game where we can't edit posts.

ObiFett on
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I do not see anything wrong with doing that, Obi.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    You're a Goose. Lets make fun of someone's grammar/spelling in a game where we can't edit posts.
    OK!

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Faction games make me nervous.. I voted already right?

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Oh. Mispelling words is something I'm good at.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    your face makes me nervous.

did i do that right?

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    So good, you did it in that very post.

According to IOC records, you voted for ALOT.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    For the record.

my spelling is fantastic.

my typing, however, is bad.

and I hardly ever edit posts anyway.

but when I do, it's usually because i thought of something wittier to say.

now, i just get to be witty in successive posts.

Aren't you guys so lucky.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Luck has nothing to do with my team's imminent glorious victory.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    hey dudes what is the over under on people in your event today?

is it more than two, less than two

edited August 2012
    jdarksun wrote: »
    According to IOC records, you voted for ALOT.

You win, jdark. You keep picking and picking at me after I have already been voted out and have pissed me right off.

You won't have to deal with me for a while, jdark. I'll be taking a nice long break from phalla.

Congratulations.

ObiFett on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    ladies and gentlemen, we apologize for the delay. A camera has fallen on the one called Costas. He will awaken shortly. I am slapping as hard as I can.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Thank you INANTP/Mr. T for posting everyone's team's in the thread. Hopefully we get some Jolly Cooperation to smite down mafia before tearing at each others' throats to win individually.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Day 1 - The Opening Ceremonies

Chester sighed for the 27th time that days. He’d been keeping track. Whichever PA was in charge of the schedule had mixed up the dates. They’d printed corrections, but the materials that got sent out would all need updates. At least he’d caught it before the Balance Beam and 4x100 Freestyle had started. They could just switch the dates. It was just one more thing that had gone wrong today.

The teams were also all in disarray. Everyone was afraid that other teams would try to infiltrate them. Even worse, someone had found several bugs in the soundproof chambers. Chester shook his head. Sure, the Olympics had dealt with performance enhancing drugs and cheating, but he was sure he could get through at least one day of phallympics without having to deal with it. He thumbed his headset on.

“Lou, we need an anti-doping agency now. Talk to marketing and get them to come up with a snappy name. I have a feeling we’ll be needing them.”

Chester just hoped they’d be good for ratings as well.

“Good evening everyone and welcome to the Opening Ceremonies of the inaugural Phallympic games! We are coming to you live tonight from Los Angeles, where the greatest phalla players from around the world have gathered to celebrate and compete. We begin the games, as always with the parade of nations.”

Costas held his hand up to his ear.

“I’m sorry folks, I’m being corrected by the ready room. As the internet crosses borders, so do phalla players. Instead of marching in under their nations’ flag, they will be marching in under the flag of their phalla predecessors. This will be the first time many of these competitors will be seeing each other in person. It’s an exciting time in phalla. Joining me, as always, is Matt Lauer and Meredith Viera.

“As always with opening ceremonies, the teams will come in in alphabetical order. First off is team B:L.

“You know Bob, B:L was one of the original big name players. His trademark was not being evil. He won several phalla awards, including best player. You’ll notice the massive character on their flag. That is the Olympic Kirbo and the official symbol of team B:L”

“Thanks Matt. I have a feeling we’ll be learning a large amount about phalla over the next few days. Next up is team Gumpy. There seems to be some disturbances with the Gumpites. As the march in under the rusted metal hands, you can see some confusion as to who should be holding the flag. It will be interesting to see how they come together over the next few days. Over to you Meredith.”

“Thanks Bob. The third team in our competition is team Infidel. You know, Infidel is famous for ledaing an entire village to its demise as a SK network head. That in addition to his innumerable wins with with both village and mafia over the years. They’re flag features the stern face and penetrating and disturbing stare of their namesake. There has been a lot of discussion about infiltrators today. Team Infidel is sure to deal with any they find... harshly”

“Thanks Meredith. Our final team is Team Rend. Known for their monocles and honesty, Team Rend promises to be some of the classiest folks around. They will be marching in under their monocled frog banner, a tribute to their inspiration.

“That will conclude the parade of team today. We have a very special guest in our studio tonight, who will be joining us throughout the phallympic games with his thoughts and insight. Please welcome Emperor Octavius!”

"Can yov hear me, Costas?"

'We sure can Octavius. What do you have for us tonight?”

"I bear ill tidings for all! Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. There have been allegations of cheating at these games, and the games have yet to start!"

'That doesn't even make sense. Explain?

"I wovld, if yov wovld stop jabbering for long enovgh for me to finish speaking! At the dinner of nations tonight, Ted R. Volt, competing under the name “Obifett” was accvsed of cheating after it was discovered that he had written everyone's names on index cards. It was assvmed that he had also written blackmail information on the back of these cards, which he wovld vse to great effect in getting others to throw their events, lest their secret be revealed."

'Insidious! Was that what was really on them?'

"We don't know. When approached by the Phallympics International Legitimacy Liaisons, he proceeded to shove each and every card into his movth and swallow it. It is said that Mr. Volt even had a card on himself. Strange times yov live in, Costas. Strange times."

'Amazing. The network heads are going to love this drama! This happened a few short hours ago, folks, and the games have yet toactually begin! All of the athletes have gone to bed, so for tonight, this is Bob Costas signing off-'

Chester let out a sigh of relief. Day 1 was over.

The Dead

Ted R. Volt (ObiFett) - Team Rend Road Racer and Marathoner

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    ladies and gentlemen, we apologize for the delay. A camera has fallen on the one called Costas. He will awaken shortly. I am slapping as hard as I can.

WOOOOOO DIE COSTAS DIE

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ANIALOS
    ANIALOS
    ANIALOS
    ANIALOS
    ANIALOS
    ANIALOS
    ANIALOS
    ANIALOS
    ANIALOS
    ANIALOS
    ANIALOS
    ANIALOS

liEt3nH.png
  • SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    All PM's should be out. Please let me know if you were expecting one and did not receive it!

ok, again this is a public event today, so all competitors will be known. i am simply curious for village discussion how many each team has.

OOOOooooOOOooo

Thanks for running this, Saber and TRV.

OoooooOOOOooooo

• adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    INANTP, thank you for a factions list.

NOW DIE.

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
    Well since the quoting seems to be glitching out.

Ebum:: for that sir, I will spare you.

WOOOOOO DIE COSTAS DIE

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    ANIALOS

]INANTP, thank you for a factions list.

NOW DIE.

Learn some game theory. You're coming off like a silly goose right now to use the term lightly. We want mafia dead before players.
    ...Unless you're also stating that you're mafia, which that vote is making a statement of.

Learn some game theory. You're coming off like a silly goose right now to use the term lightly. We want mafia dead before players.
    ...Unless you're also stating that you're mafia, which that vote is making a statement of.
    Really? 'cuz...
    Victory Condition: At the end of the closing ceremonies, your team must lead in the medal count. Your team will receive 3 points for every gold, 2 points for every silver and 1 point for every bronze medal. Be aware that cheaters are in it only for themselves. Any medal earned by a cheater will be counted towards the cheaters, not towards their team.
    I want medals for my team.

I mean, yeah. Fuck cheaters.

But fuck other teams, too.

OI 'AVE NOT YET GIVEN ME TEAM ANY MEDALS

liEt3nH.png
    OI 'AVE NOT YET GIVEN ME TEAM ANY MEDALS
    I'd imagine that you're kinda persona au gratin with them right now.

So what you're saying Mr. JDarkSun is that we should kill each other off and weaken each other and let the Mafia have easy picking in finish us all off.

BRILLIANT STRATEGERY!

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Sigh, I remember going through this during bum's TDS Phalla. It really isn't to the advantage of any of the village factions to jump into faction rivalry on day 1 when the mafia starts out stronger by default; especially, when they have members on all four teams.

Anialos seems like the best lead right now.

INTERESTING FACT: NONE O' THE TEAMS I INFILTRATED HAD E'RY MEMBER O' THE TEAM POST AFORE THE MORROW OF VOTE CLOSE

OI 'AD NO INFLUENCE ON YOUR TEAM BEIN' POWERLESS TODAY

liEt3nH.png
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Anialos

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Sigh, I remember going through this during bum's TDS Phalla. It really isn't to the advantage of any of the village factions to jump into faction rivalry on day 1 when the mafia starts out stronger by default; especially, when they have members on all four teams.

Anialos seems like the best lead right now.

There weren't even spies in that game! I mean, there could have been if you had seered Wyatt Cenac at the right time, but you did not.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Anialos how could you?

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Anialos

c'mon man

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    ALSO, OI'D LIKE TO EXTEND AN INVITATION TO TEAM INFIDEL AND THE MAFIA NOW, THAT IF I DIE YOU INVITE ME TO YOUR BOARDS FOR A GHOST POST, SO OI CAN POST ON EVERY PROBOARD IN THE GAME

liEt3nH.png
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Which all the more reason to not get too caught up with the faction rivalry so early in the game. In that phalla we knew there weren't any spies but most of us figured that faction warfare at the start wasn't in our favor. I'd like to stress this little tidbid.
    All medals earned by cheaters will count towards the cheaters and not your team

So decimating another team won't do much to increase your team's chances of winning if the mafia manages to snag most of the gold and a decent chunk of the silver medals. I'm also willing to bet that the mafia already know each others role names for this, which will make it easier for them to win the events.

Guys team infidel is pute on its boards, and we have the power. Do not vote for ani. He will be dealt with one way or another.

Find another mafia to exterminate

Hehe...

Pure

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Katniss mode:

Void Slayer
    romanqwerty
    SeGaTai
    ThatDaveFella
    LonelyAhava
    Greenbarons