As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unofficial Forum Stylesheet - Ye Olde Style

• Options
    JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    übergeek wrote: »
    Jobastion wrote: »
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Hey @Jobastion I was using a Greasemonkey hack you posted awhile ago to restore full timestamps for posts. Have you updated that by any chance?

Hum... just gonna F5 this thread here and... welp, there go the eyes. Thank you @Suriko for the timely update.
    @ASimPerson Next day off is Thursday, so assuming it's not too difficult, I'll try to update it then.
    Nevermind that @ASimPerson, it's updated now.

Doesn't seem to be working for me?

Yeah, not working for me either.

@ASimPerson and @Ubergeek, if you two could, get the page source, find a copy of "<div class="Meta CommentMeta CommentInfo">" (preferably not the first one in a thread, as it looks a bit different) and just copy and paste in a message to me everything between it and the next /div in the source, and I'll see if it's somehow giving you different html than I'm getting on this end. Dunno why it would, but ... eh.

Also, (and I highly doubt this would be the case, but check it anyway, as I just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out what I "broke" after I uninstalled it and uploaded a new version to see if formatting was an issue) make sure it has a check mark beside it in the Greasemonkey drop down. Using the install option from the page does not enable it by default apparently :/

The page format changed just enough between sometime Sunday and Monday to break it, I've uploaded a new one that should work assuming you turn it on @Ubergeek.

Odd, still nothing on my end. Turned off adblock, and that's not it.

Sorry to nag, but any chance you've had a chance to look at it again yet @jobastion?

@ASimPerson, @Ubergeek, @Spoit
    Made a new version, which hopefully will rely less on potentially wonky div tables and more on direct span on span action.
    If this doesn't work, I'm seriously going to need to use some VNC client or something so I can see what the hell is wrong, or right, or just different between how your PC's are loading the page vrs mine.
    Recommendation: remove the old one first, then install the new one from Userscripts.org (which i remembered to link to directly in my sig this time)

Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Thanks, that seems to be working now :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    @ASimPerson, @Ubergeek, @Spoit
    Made a new version, which hopefully will rely less on potentially wonky div tables and more on direct span on span action.
    If this doesn't work, I'm seriously going to need to use some VNC client or something so I can see what the hell is wrong, or right, or just different between how your PC's are loading the page vrs mine.
    Recommendation: remove the old one first, then install the new one from Userscripts.org (which i remembered to link to directly in my sig this time)

This is a triumph. I'm making a note here - HUGE SUCCESS.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Chrome still has dark text on blue for the Edit button (and a few others) despite what the latest version says.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    When reading a PM (or "Conversation" as Vanilla calls them), the names field has white text on white, or white text on very light grey.

svzwD.jpg

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Updated again, forgot to check if the messages area was broken after the update.

Had another try at fixing the edit button for Chrome. Anyone care to check?

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    It didnt change, but the PM/Conversations page looks good!

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Hey @Jobastion I was using a Greasemonkey hack you posted awhile ago to restore full timestamps for posts. Have you updated that by any chance?

Hum... just gonna F5 this thread here and... welp, there go the eyes. Thank you @Suriko for the timely update.
    @ASimPerson Next day off is Thursday, so assuming it's not too difficult, I'll try to update it then.
    Nevermind that @ASimPerson, it's updated now.

Doesn't seem to be working for me?

Yeah, not working for me either.

@ASimPerson and @Ubergeek, if you two could, get the page source, find a copy of "<div class="Meta CommentMeta CommentInfo">" (preferably not the first one in a thread, as it looks a bit different) and just copy and paste in a message to me everything between it and the next /div in the source, and I'll see if it's somehow giving you different html than I'm getting on this end. Dunno why it would, but ... eh.

Also, (and I highly doubt this would be the case, but check it anyway, as I just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out what I "broke" after I uninstalled it and uploaded a new version to see if formatting was an issue) make sure it has a check mark beside it in the Greasemonkey drop down. Using the install option from the page does not enable it by default apparently :/

The page format changed just enough between sometime Sunday and Monday to break it, I've uploaded a new one that should work assuming you turn it on @Ubergeek.

Odd, still nothing on my end. Turned off adblock, and that's not it.

Sorry to nag, but any chance you've had a chance to look at it again yet @jobastion?

It works now! Thanks so much!

• Options
    Suriko wrote: »
    Updated again, forgot to check if the messages area was broken after the update.

Didn't work, as mentioned. Keep in mind this also affects the options on the main forum page such as 'My Drafts' and 'The Rules'.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

I'm not sure if it is just me or chrome or something, but when a PM message chain reaches a point where it collapses the new messages, there is a huge space created that you have to scroll through to read them.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    here is an example
    1yWAS.png

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    that's an issue with the default theme as well

edit: yes I see, it's caused by the float clear on the older/newer pager links

something like #Content .Foot.MorePager { clear: none; } fixes it

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I dunno if it's specific to this particular user, but at any rate I just noticed that this user's title/location are misaligned. I notice that the user's picture on their profile doesn't seem to be aligned like normal people's (with or without Stylish), even though on posts their userpic aligns properly with the online user bar, so I dunno if that's related somehow or what.

I haven't seen this happen with any other user, so I'm not sure what the deal is, but I figured you should know. This user's post history also happens to illustrate the fact that Ye Olde Style doesn't handle very short thread OPs properly (userpics and titles will overlap with the next post below it), whereas the normal forum handles this properly right now. I think somebody may have mentioned this before?

Essee on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    An issue I'm having is when I have this style on, some Spoiler tags don't open while others open fine. Also clicking 'show previous quotes' in quote trees sometimes just refreshes the page!

It's a weird problem.

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Just noticed that for the first post in a thread, the title is hiding behind the avatar.

EIQeL.jpg

Only happens for the first post, not the top post of any page or any other post.

• Options
    Sage_CatharsisSage_Catharsis Registered User regular
    How do I take a stand against the mods of this forum?

Because if there is no way to simply stand against them, not attack them or say anything bad about them but to simply stand for what I think is right, then there are no rules, just a bunch of minions of the mods and a bunch of people who settle for posting in fear of being banned.

I don't think leaving is the right answer because if there was another penny arcade forum they would just infiltrate into the mods there and take over there. I don't think it is right what the mods do and I don't think I deserve to just stick my tail between my legs and stay quiet.

Do you guys have supervisors? Does Tycho just keep this all out of Gabe's hair so Gabe can keep pumping out the awesome sauce?

Cam Tycho write some justice, some peace, some understanding?

If I had been duplicitous and said "You should try Vibe, it's better then twitter though WAY less popular" would I have gotten banned?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    You are a fucking idiot.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Just noticed that for the first post in a thread, the title is hiding behind the avatar.

EIQeL.jpg

Only happens for the first post, not the top post of any page or any other post.

Huh, is that on firefox? The online/offline button doesn't show up for me on Chrome.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Arthil wrote: »
    Huh, is that on firefox? The online/offline button doesn't show up for me on Chrome.

That's exactly what it looks like for ME on Firefox (well, SeaMonkey, technically) at least, so probably.

Essee on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    so are there any plans to change the style so that it displays the icons of people who've agreed with a post

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Not that I'm aware of, but End made a pretty competent mouseover fix back on the previous page if that might work for you. (I think it's cool.)

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    thanks

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Any chance the edit button could be fixed? It blends into the backround of the window it opens when you hit the little gear icon.

edit(lol):

EditButton.jpg

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Any chance the edit button could be fixed? It blends into the backround of the window it opens when you hit the little gear icon.

Yeah, guess that's still a known issue with Chrome. And first posts in threads still look a little screwy (especially if they are short). Any updates on this, o wonderful and presumably very busy lately @Suriko?

• Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    There's a selector for:
    .MenuItems a, .MenuItems a:link, .MenuItems a:visited, .MenuItems a:active

that one can edit to fixed the Edit link.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    End wrote: »
    I guess I will share a user script (aka greasemonkey) I wrote here, since anyone hiding the user reaction icons might find it useful, and that is something Ye Olde Style does. What it does is show who reacted to a post when you mouseover the reaction buttons. Specifically, it creates a tooltip that looks like this:

8Alh8.jpg

Obviously it'd be a blue background if you're using ye olde style, which I have tested it with. So far I've only tested it with Chrome, although I expect it will work with greasemonkey under firefox as well. It'll probably work even if you're not hiding the user reaction icons although I don't know why you'd care if that was the case.

Additionally, the tooltip should stay up if you mouseover it so you can get the user info tooltip.

Here's a download link:
    http://hg.cornhooves.org/userjs/raw-file/tip/paforums/pa-react-mouseover.user.js

At some point I might make the tooltip look a bit nicer, but I thought I'd see if people think it is useful or not. If you try it out, let me know what you think, and whether it works or not.

@End

I'm having difficulty getting this to load in Chrome. I'm following the instructions listed here, but instead of getting any kind of permissions dialog, it just shows me the code. Halp?

• Options
    Thanks @Suriko! Everything looks better and fixed (although I don't use Chrome so I haven't seen those changes). Well... except... for some reason if the OP of a thread has a name under 7 characters (or maybe a name with a width of about 7 characters), the name gets pushed to the right of the userpic. For an example, check out the OP of this very thread. That's one special issue there. Luckily it's not as distracting as the last OP bug! For bringing you yet another damn bug to fix, I apologize.

(I'm basically on Firefox if this happens to be browser-specific for some reason.)

• Options
    Make sure when you download it it doesn't have (1) or whatever behind it (in case you already had downloaded an earlier version).

That being said, the edit button and the gear button at the top right of every page is still broken. Huh.

• Options
    Would it be possible to get the red background behind INFRACTED on infracted posts?

If that's not in the spirit of this style sheet (or is too much effort, or you don't want to or moon men say no or whatever) that's cool.

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »
    Would it be possible to get the red background behind INFRACTED on infracted posts?

If that's not in the spirit of this style sheet (or is too much effort, or you don't want to or moon men say no or whatever) that's cool.

Done.

• Options

Done.

!!!!! <3!

Edit is visible, infraction is visible. Im feeling a little lightheaded and my pants dont fit right...

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I'm having difficulty getting this to load in Chrome. I'm following the instructions listed here, but instead of getting any kind of permissions dialog, it just shows me the code. Halp?

As you drag and drop it over the Extensions page, it should say "Drop to Install" before you let go. Is it not saying that?

edit: I suppose if you're having trouble, you could try using a user script manager instead of letting chrome convert the script, such as Tampermonkey. I haven't actually tried it myself though.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Done.

!!!!! <3!

Edit is visible, infraction is visible. Im feeling a little lightheaded and my pants dont fit right...

... Edit still isn't visible for me. What the hell is going on?

Nor are these:

thingb.png

Also I'm not seeing any buttons for stuff like weblinks/image links etc when I hit edit (they're still there for new posts).

Magus` on
  • Options
    Both the edit and the settings thing up at the top show white text with blue background (they work).

Running Chrome 21.0.1180.89 in OSX.

• Options
    Using the same version of Chrome, but in Windows 7.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Yeah, the buttons above the posting box are blank white for me.

Is there any way to bring back the little mini-avatars next to people's names when it lists who has posted in or started a thread? Something I can edit myself, or a mini-update like the agree/awesome button avatars?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    am i doing something wrong or is there no way to see who awesomed or agreed with a post on this?

this might be a request? but i doubt its a new one, im too lazy to dig through the thread

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    no that is how it is

however you are in luck
    I guess I will share a user script (aka greasemonkey) I wrote here, since anyone hiding the user reaction icons might find it useful, and that is something Ye Olde Style does. What it does is show who reacted to a post when you mouseover the reaction buttons. Specifically, it creates a tooltip that looks like this:

8Alh8.jpg

Obviously it'd be a blue background if you're using ye olde style, which I have tested it with. So far I've only tested it with Chrome, although I expect it will work with greasemonkey under firefox as well. It'll probably work even if you're not hiding the user reaction icons although I don't know why you'd care if that was the case.

Additionally, the tooltip should stay up if you mouseover it so you can get the user info tooltip.

Here's a download link:
    http://hg.cornhooves.org/userjs/raw-file/tip/paforums/pa-react-mouseover.user.js

At some point I might make the tooltip look a bit nicer, but I thought I'd see if people think it is useful or not. If you try it out, let me know what you think, and whether it works or not.

• Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    holy thank you