As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Party at Sealab Party (updated 7/10)

• TheProphetElijahTheProphetElijah Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't understand how anyone can survive on minimum wages, much less below minimum. That crap is crazy uncool. I mean you'd just about have to live in your moms basement making $8 an hour. How can you pay rent, utilities, car insurance, medical insurance, gas, and still be able to save up for anything. The only people who should make that little are High School students. To the rest of you making a pittance I salute you. Personnally I would be seriously pissed at the world if that was me.

To keep this on the Sealab party tip, if your an adult making minimum wage and you see me at the party I will buy you a drink, cause I think you probably need one.

TheProphetElijah on
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't understand how anyone can survive on minimum wages, much less below minimum. That crap is crazy uncool. I mean you'd just about have to live in your moms basement making $8 an hour. How can you pay rent, utilities, car insurance, medical insurance, gas, and still be able to save up for anything. The only people who should make that little are High School students. To the rest of you making a pittance I salute you. Personnally I would be seriously pissed at the world if that was me.

To keep this on the Sealab party tip, if your an adult making minimum wage and you see me at the party I will buy you a drink, cause I think you probably need one.

Honestly, with my current position, making minimum wage is in no way a handicap. I make pretty damn good money, considering my cost of living and the fact I work part time

I live with my girlfriend in her home. I pay her my rent and utilities ($300/month), I have my own bills (Credit cards), and then gas costs, and for a while I was unemployed so I owe her money that I am paying back (Another $200-$300/month).

With my tips, I make roughly $15 per hour with my tips factored in, and because they are tips, most of it isn't taxed. Basically, I work part time, can cover all my bills, and still have plenty of cheese with which to play.

Officer on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Recruit wrote: »
    ...and still have plenty of cheese with which to play.

I also play with cheese. I mold it into doll...I mean action figures and the cheesy action figures have to stop the evil lord Goudah from stealing all the world's Fetta. And then the hero flies off on his unicorn made of Muenster into the sunset. But then they melt...and they die. Because the sun is hot.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007

Honestly, with my current position, making minimum wage is in no way a handicap. I make pretty damn good money, considering my cost of living and the fact I work part time

I live with my girlfriend in her home. I pay her my rent and utilities ($300/month), I have my own bills (Credit cards), and then gas costs, and for a while I was unemployed so I owe her money that I am paying back (Another $200-$300/month).

With my tips, I make roughly $15 per hour with my tips factored in, and because they are tips, most of it isn't taxed. Basically, I work part time, can cover all my bills, and still have plenty of cheese with which to play.

Seriously, don't feel too bad for us delivery types, We make out like bandits after our tips are factored in. I easily average over $15 an hour to basically sit on my ass in my car. :)

The Deliverator on
  • strangemusicstrangemusic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Gorram it, I just turned legal in Canada in May and the US government has to spoil the party. I'd still love to get a bit sozzled though and will try my damndest to make it if you'll have me.

EDIT: I read the entire thread. Curses! Foiled again!

strangemusic on
    "Always be wary of people who use quotes... I don't know who said that" - Murdoc Nicalls.
    Those Eve guys are creepy. :|
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Seriously, don't feel too bad for us delivery types, We make out like bandits after our tips are factored in. I easily average over $15 an hour to basically sit on my ass in my car. :)

I don't think I could drive professionally, I'd kill someone....on purpose.

Shade on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Shade wrote: »

Murderer! MURDERER!:twisted:

mentok1982 on
    edited July 2007
    mentok1982 wrote: »

Murderer! MURDERER!:twisted:

I don't think murder is a strong enough term for what I want to do to bad drivers.

Shade on
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That's why I love my city.

It's the sort of place where if someone runs you over in a crosswalk they'll back up over you again, to see what they hit, then run you over a third time to make their getaway.

My neighbour got hit by a car today while crossing the road at a crosswalk, in a residential area.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
    edited July 2007
    Trillian wrote: »

It's the sort of place where if someone runs you over in a crosswalk they'll back up over you again, to see what they hit, then run you over a third time to make their getaway.

My neighbour got hit by a car today while crossing the road at a crosswalk, in a residential area.

I almost got hit 6 times the first time I went to see you.

Shade on
  • PersopolianPersopolian Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My pals and I seriously want to be a part of this. Everyone on these forums seems to hail this party. However, we may not be able to go to the dinner. I hope we can find our way to the lab :(.

Persopolian on
  • anableanable North TexasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My pals and I seriously want to be a part of this. Everyone on these forums seems to hail this party. However, we may not be able to go to the dinner. I hope we can find our way to the lab :(.
    Fix the link in your sig.

anable on
  • PersopolianPersopolian Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    anable wrote: »

heh, thanks. Done and Done.

Persopolian on
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Trillian wrote: »

I almost got hit 6 times the first time I went to see you.

And that's why I don't drive.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    Some new information in the OP about Technomancer Press sponsoring the Party at Sealab Party's bathroom. So go check it out.

Yes, this is for real.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I am SO in. We need to get Wil Wheaton to come.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
    edited July 2007
    God, that would be so cool! Partying with the bands and Wil Wheaton would make PAX almost as much icing on the cake as there is cake itself! I definately hope something happens. I know the NESkimos will be there, already have said they will. I can't wait to see who else makes an appearance!

Officer on
  • Tony HellmannTony Hellmann Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    Bathroom Sponsored by Technomancer Press... seriously

What's this about Technomancer Press sponsoring your bathroom? That's right. Tony Hellman, CEO of Technomancer Press has expressed interest in sponsoring the Party at Sealab Party's bathroom, and we agreed to it. Why the bathroom you ask? Well for the comedic value of course. Any company can sponsor a party, Technomancer Press is sponsoring a party's bathroom and will be holding an impromptu contest during Sealab to give out some free stuff to a few lucky people. I don't know what the contest will be yet, but I'm sure it will be a blast.

That's right. We are the official sponsor of the Seacan and the Seatub (which will be full of ice). We will hold a Geek trivia contest: study your D&D, XHTML, WoW, and PA. And a working knowledge of a Brief History of Time wouldn't hurt either.

We are considering a commemorative Sealab shotglass, as well. We distributed shotglasses last year that said "+4 save vs. poison," and they were a big hit. Any of you have good ideas for what to put on a Sealab shotglass? If its funny and strikes our fancy, we just might shamelessly steal your idea...and give you one.

Suggested to me was "It was either this shotglass or anal alcohol delivery. Bottoms up at Sealab 2007!" I don't know that we'll go with that, but I thought it would prime the Pump of Ineffable Ideas (since most of my ideas are effed).

--Tony

Tony Hellmann on
    Tony Hellmann
    CEO, Technomancer Press
    http://www.technomancer-press.com

Check out TerraDrive Live...its happening at PAX, and everyone's playing
    edited July 2007
    Drink!
    Mardok commands it!

Drink first, then blow up Pod 6.

Stimutacks within

Drink me, jerkface!

Sealab 2021: Yes, I am a shotglass, football head!

It'll give you the evergy of a bear with the energy of two bears.

Potion of Underwater Breathing, so you can check under the sea for us.

Roll for a stronger drink.

Officer on
  • randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    anable wrote: »

heh, thanks. Done and Done.

pm me and email, i will send you a map. that goes for anyone else. i made maps.

randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
    edited July 2007
    Some shot glass slogans:

Booze, it's almost as good as Mingus Dew.

Drink up! Alvis commands it!

Come on down, the fishin' hole. Grab yer fishin' pole.

Hesh has been gettin' his drink on!

If you don't drink, your lymph nodes will get as big as cats!

Ha cha cha cha cha cha cha! Delicious!

Daaaddy needs his feel good juice! Come on baby I'm sick.

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Good luck in rehab!

Dammit Eggars!

mentok1982 on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hesh wants booze!

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
    edited July 2007
    HotSake wrote: »
    Hesh wants booze!

pure genius

Mardok Commands it !

also genius

randomguy on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I agree with the pure genius... I think the booze part.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Tony HellmannTony Hellmann Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Okay, gang. Vote yourselves a winner. Each person gets one vote. Voting will continue until midnight Sunday. Sorry this email is short, but I've been working on TerraDrive and PAX for like 18 hours and

must.

have.

sleep.

--Tony

PS. Watch out for mentok1982. He may organize the crap out of you.

Tony Hellmann on
    Tony Hellmann
    CEO, Technomancer Press
    http://www.technomancer-press.com

Check out TerraDrive Live...its happening at PAX, and everyone's playing
    edited July 2007
    I can't decide whether I like "Hesh wants booze!" or "Mardok Commands It!" better.

I mean, both are rad.

Officer on
    edited July 2007
    I can't decide whether I like "Hesh wants booze!" or "Mardok Commands It!" better.

I mean, both are rad.

Mardock Commands It !!

so good.

"BIZARRO ! BIZARRO !" also gret

randomguy on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    randomguy wrote: »

Mardock Commands It !!

so good.

I totally agree here.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    randomguy wrote: »

Mardock Commands It !!

so good.

I totally agree here.

Thirded

Officer on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My vote: Mardok Commands It!

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I hope you guys play Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight by Spinal Tap at some point in the evening.

Hacksaw on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I vote for "Hesh wants Booze!"

Naturally.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
    edited July 2007
    PS. Watch out for mentok1982. He may organize the crap out of you.

What? What's going on here? Is there something that needs organizing?

EDIT:
    The amount of entries here is not overwhelming. You can see them all on one page. You have been spared from my organizing sorcery...for now!

mentok1982 on
    edited July 2007
    Nah, I think we will be fine. This contest isn't nearly as big as the other one. There are really only a few entries and it should be pretty simple to count this one out. Thanks though

Officer on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I vote for: Mardok Commands It!

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Not sure if it's too late to throw in a new contender.

How about a shot of Vitamin M?!

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
  • atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I also vote for Mardok Commands It!

Are you sure thats how it is spelled? I have seen it spelled Marduk as well.

atray on
    edited July 2007
    atray wrote: »
    I also vote for Mardok Commands It!

Are you sure thats how it is spelled? I have seen it spelled Marduk as well.

Not sure, I have seen Mardok, Mardock, Marduk and Mardoch. I like the Mardok spelling myself. It's simple and inelegant, like the slayer of Tiamat would have.

Officer on
    edited July 2007
    Accalon wrote: »
    Not sure if it's too late to throw in a new contender.

How about a shot of Vitamin M?!

haha marco is very hilarious and it does have the shot in there. i would vote for this to be a contender as well.

randomguy on
    edited July 2007
    Engadget says that I will be "the life of the party if you roll up with this on my noggin."

72507pacmanhelmetri6.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/26/plush-pac-man-headgear-munches-on-ghosts/
    Buy it now from clubNAMCO for $29.99

I think I might get one for Mike. I can toss it to him during one of the panels or something.8-)

mentok1982 on
This discussion has been closed.