As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] 2012 Schedule is live!

13»

• sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Do they clear the room between panels? I'm asking because I'm trying to estimate how early I'm going to have to show up for the Kojima panel, and I noticed that it's taking place about an hour after the PA "Make a Strip!" panel. I'd really prefer not to have to attend that panel too (I don't want to spend that much time watching panels, nor take the spot of someone who really wants to see it), but if it's the only way to see kojima...

I asked it in the main thread before the change cause im trying to hit 2 back to back panels, and apparently they clear the smaller satellite theaters and sometimes the main but you can supposedly tell by the time gap.

[EDIT]
    K i just checked the thread, the main is tricky cause sometimes it does and doesn't get cleared, but sattilite ones will always be cleared according to jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt th PAX Info Booth Manager

sanovah on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    edit: Ignore me

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • heelsheels Registered User regular
    The main theatre will not be cleared after Make a Strip, you can stay through both sessions!

< devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • mikegonzalezmikegonzalez Registered User regular
    heels wrote: »
    The main theatre will not be cleared after Make a Strip, you can stay through both sessions!

Crap. :(

"I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."

XBL: ii Mike G ii - PSN: Greddy21 - Steam: notmikegonzalez - Slytherin - Death Eater
  • Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular
    Ha, so what time should I line up for Make a Strip if I want to get in on the Kojima panel for sure? XP

• The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    Why does cards against humanity have to be at night during prime drinking time?

Oh well at least the Mega64 panel has no competition in their time slot. That's really the only panel that I have to see. Anything else is just gravy at that point.

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Cannot wait for the Improv Initiative.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Ha, so what time should I line up for Make a Strip if I want to get in on the Kojima panel for sure? XP
    Yesterday.

In actuality, I'd hazard a guess of about 8:00 or 8:30.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    gespo89 wrote: »
    Yesterday.

In actuality, I'd hazard a guess of about 8:00 or 8:30.

Follow PAX lines on twitter, and be sure to head over when they start ticking off the limited number of spots. (For the main theater there seemed to be enough warning last time, for some of the side theaters they'd fill up before I saw the Pax lines tweet!)

So just noticed Kojima's panel has been moved to 1pm, guessing it's ok to line up outside 2 hours before that while Make a Strip is going on?

edited August 2012
    So just noticed Kojima's panel has been moved to 1pm, guessing it's ok to line up outside 2 hours before that while Make a Strip is going on?

As far as I know it was always set for 1pm. At least it was when I asked that question, and I'm sure @Heels knew that when he responded. He's the "special event planner" for PAX. That's why I was hoping the theater would be emptied between panels. The idea of waiting from 8am for the (admittedly, likely very fun) Make A Strip! panel, then sitting in the theater for another hour between shows just seemed like too much time to be missing out on the rest of PAX. The Make A Strip! panel seems like one of the most popular ones, so I was really hoping to avoid that line.

mikegonzalez on
    "I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."

XBL: ii Mike G ii - PSN: Greddy21 - Steam: notmikegonzalez - Slytherin - Death Eater
  • madnessofcrowdsmadnessofcrowds Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    For those of you interested in GLBT events, we posted a list of PAX GLBT-friendly events on our website (still in progress). www.queergeek.org

• EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    Added:
    NASA’s Got Game
    She’s a one ton robot scientist with laser vision, a drill-arm, and a jetpack. She’s real. We call her Curiosity, and she just landed on Mars.

See the NASA games that let you land, drive, and explore alongside her. Meet the NASA team that uses gaming technology to drive real robots and plan space missions.

PANELISTS:
    Presenters: Jeff Norris [Manager, Mission Planning and Execution, NASA/JPL], Victor Luo [Task Lead, NASA/JOL], Alex Menzies [Developer, NASA/JPL], Matt Clausen [Art Director, NASA/JPL], Bryan Duran [Developer, NASA/JPL]

Sunday, Main theater 2PM -3PM.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman

As far as I know it was always set for 1pm. At least it was when I asked that question, and I'm sure @Heels knew that when he responded. He's the "special event planner" for PAX. That's why I was hoping the theater would be emptied between panels. The idea of waiting from 8am for the (admittedly, likely very fun) Make A Strip! panel, then sitting in the theater for another hour between shows just seemed like too much time to be missing out on the rest of PAX. The Make A Strip! panel seems like one of the most popular ones, so I was really hoping to avoid that line.

Hm, I must've first read it as 11am. I'd rather be out and about PAX for an additional 3 hours and start waiting at 11 than get into the Strip line so early. I just hope enough people clear out of the theater afterwards to get lunch or something as I really don't want to miss Kojima. D:

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular

Hm, I must've first read it as 11am. I'd rather be out and about PAX for an additional 3 hours and start waiting at 11 than get into the Strip line so early. I just hope enough people clear out of the theater afterwards to get lunch or something as I really don't want to miss Kojima. D:
    Well don't forget that PAX doesn't actually open until 10:00, so (unless you've got other things going on in the morning) you're not really missing 3 hours. If you're planning on hopping online at 11:00, then you're gaining about one hour, except that you're waiting in line then instead of waiting in the make-a-strip panel. Just some food for thought.

1tLJUH2O.png
    Well don't forget that PAX doesn't actually open until 10:00, so (unless you've got other things going on in the morning) you're not really missing 3 hours. If you're planning on hopping online at 11:00, then you're gaining about one hour, except that you're waiting in line then instead of waiting in the make-a-strip panel. Just some food for thought.

Ah, so how does waiting for Make A Strip work if PAX doesn't open until 10? Is there a mad rush to make the line as soon as the doors open, or do people line up outside somewhere for the panel? ? I'd rather get in line at 10, see Make a Strip, then wait for Kojima.

• heelsheels Registered User regular
    Ah, so how does waiting for Make A Strip work

Make A Strip takes place in the main theatre, you can lineup outside as early as you wish*

*please sleep

< devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
    heels wrote: »

Make A Strip takes place in the main theatre, you can lineup outside as early as you wish*

*please sleep

Awesome, thanks! I may just take my luck waiting at 11 then as I'll need to get some sleep after my first day of PAX, lol.

Great point. Gonna have to think about this one.

• ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    It seems the guide is up on guidebook now :D

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • dijonpepperberrydijonpepperberry Registered User new member
    edited August 2012
    Hello all,

At PAX Prime, I will be part of two presentations:
    1) “Just One More Game…” - Science and Controversy on Internet and Gaming Addiction - August 31st @ 2PM in the Unicorn Theatre
    2) Parenting and Video Games: The Psychiatric Perspective - September 1 @12PM in the Serpent Theatre (With Dr. Matthew Chow)

I'm hoping that the presentations are interesting and worthwhile. I know I'm certainly up against tough competition!

For those that are thinking of attending or those who have some ideas/questions, I'm posting here to solicit thoughts/questions that you'd like to pose at either presentation. There will be time for discussion and questions at the end of each presentation, but being able to tailor some of the presentation to requests would make it much more enjoyable for all involved, I'm sure.

So, in the topics of: Parenting and Video Games, Psychiatric Perspective on Video Games, Internet Addiction, Game Addiction, or anything else psychiatrically related to video games, do you have any thoughts or questions? Please either post here or e-mail me at tylerblack@gmail.com .

Hope everyone has a great PAX experience. This is my third time attending and presenting, and it's easily the highlight of both my personal and professional lives!

Tyler Black
    Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, BC Children's Hospital

dijonpepperberry on
  • speedymolluscspeedymollusc Registered User new member
    edited August 2012
    I made a google calendar for PAX Prime 2012. Hopefully it's useful for some of you.

Edit: I suck at formatting forum posts. That should look nicer.

speedymollusc on
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Here is a Schedule grid for anyone who wants to use it.
    http://goo.gl/8TVT7

IhtGIyi.png
  • ohkateyohkatey Owner of Bitch Team Alpha Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Do they clear the room between panels? I'm asking because I'm trying to estimate how early I'm going to have to show up for the Kojima panel, and I noticed that it's taking place about an hour after the PA "Make a Strip!" panel. I'd really prefer not to have to attend that panel too (I don't want to spend that much time watching panels, nor take the spot of someone who really wants to see it), but if it's the only way to see kojima...

someone can probably give you a better answer, but i believe they always clear the theater with the exception of the keynote followed by the make-a-strip panel.

pax primer @ <3
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    ohkatey wrote: »

someone can probably give you a better answer, but i believe they always clear the theater with the exception of the keynote followed by the make-a-strip panel.

This has already been answered. The Main Theater will not be cleared between Make a Strip and Kojima. Also the keynote is followed by the PA Q&A, not the make a strip, and on Friday the Keynote, Q&A, and Rooster Teeth will all run back to back without clearing the MT.

This discussion has been closed.