As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Introduceing Bryan King

124»

• Highlander_77Highlander_77 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Am I the only one who cracked up at Rolo's Rob Liefeld comment? I actually kind of feel bad for Rob on some level...he takes an awful lot of flak, and he seems like a pretty nice guy in real life from what I hear. Granted, I can't figure out how he's had as much success as he has, and he's more or less a hack who doesn't have an original idea in his head when it comes to his characters or "stories". And I can't for the life of me figure out why I actually liked his work at one time. Still, the guy just draws comic books (badly), it's not like he drowns puppies for fun or anything...

Anyway, getting back on track here...NeoKing, while your coloring and lighting definitely need some work (and I'm not going to pretend to be an expert in either of those areas...far from it), I think at this point you would be better served just working on your basic figure drawing and anatomy before you really start worrying about coloring anything. If the basic structure and anatomy in a drawing is flawed from the beginning, the greatest coloring job in the world isn't going to fix it.

I would be curious to see some penciled pages (or even just some figure/character drawings), with no inks or colors.

Highlander_77 on
    El_Pollo_Diablo.jpg"Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!"
  • NeoKingNeoKing Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Here is the ink. I'll tell you something about Rob. Most people that grew up collecting in the 80's can't stand his work nowadays, including me. Now that being said almost all of the 80's collectors have a ton of his book. At one time or another these people liked him for one reason or another. People have a tendency to gravitate toward art they can relate too and most kids love big muscles and guns. The thing is during the 80's comics for the most part stopped being for kids.
    inkri6.jpg

NeoKing on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Rob liefeld doesn't suck because he draws big guns, he sucks because he draws anatomy like this!

liefeld_cap.gif

MagicToaster on
  • SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Massive chest-tumours are nothing to laugh about.

Also, the guy in the top right of that inked picture has mega-wonky eyes.

SpongeCake on
    edited July 2007
    God I hate myself for defending Rob. He sucks because he copies other peoples works. His anatomy is not correct but it has an audience. The exaggeration and over the topness has made him a fortune. You are useing a published pic of Captain America that he was probably paid abut 400 a page on and broke over 150,000 in sales. But yes the guy does suck. Their used to be a great website that showed all the time he stole artwork.

NeoKing on
    edited July 2007
    SpongeCake wrote: »
    Massive chest-tumours are nothing to laugh about.

Also, the guy in the top right of that inked picture has mega-wonky eyes.

He's Emo give him a break. Heh

NeoKing on
  • SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That's an excellent reason not to fix it.

SpongeCake on
    edited July 2007
    Well I have enjoyed my time here. I thank everyone for the feedback. I have a few good links and some good ideas to improve my art now. Unfortunately I have an addictive personality and school is starting back up very soon.I only get to spend obsean amounts of time on the net during the summer.
    Later my friends.

NeoKing on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    And like that, he returned to his home planet bringing back with him not a goddamn thing learned...

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • JWashkeJWashke Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    But on the up side, I think this thread has taught us all a little something about ourselves.

I learned that this thread got over 100 replies in the like 2 days since it started, so I'm going to start asking to see credentials and thanking people for their time but blatantly ignoring them in my thread.

JWashke on
    steam_sig.png
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man this thing was epic.

What a hilarious read!

Godfather on
  • CyberMonkeytron3000CyberMonkeytron3000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm going to miss his cheery persona and how he called us all his friends. He really made me feel wanted and part of his life. Now it's cold in here. Cold and lifeless. DAMN YOU AC- YOU TOOK AWAY MY FRIEND!!

I demand sandwiches as compensation!

CyberMonkeytron3000 on
  • GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    he took the sandwiches with him

=(

Greatnation on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I sometimes come off sounding better than I actually am and I don't get near this much response.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • CyberMonkeytron3000CyberMonkeytron3000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    He had more of a killer instinct in his follow through- it's something we could all possibly learn from.
    Sticky the thread maybe?

CyberMonkeytron3000 on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    And like that, he returned to his home planet bringing back with him not a goddamn thing learned...

Ahahahahaha!

MagicToaster on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    Since he's gone, I can finally lock this thread up.

Grifter on
This discussion has been closed.