As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] OLD THREAD LEAVE GO BYE SEE YA

• FinalSoundwaveFinalSoundwave Registered User regular
    So, the RNG deigned to bestow the gift of Kroguard upon me... and it was glorious.

XBL: Final Soundwave
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Holy what the shit? I leave you guys alone for a week and you knock out like 30 pages??

I'd tried skimming every 3 pages but it's midnight. Anyone got the Cliff Notes version? I saw something on the Bioware Blog about a few insecure community members getting cranky about Bronies in their midst (or people who just like MLP), Piranha nerfs (back in line before buffs, apparently?) and the usual quads/space hitler/etc. Did I miss anything else?

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    piranha got nerfed but not terribly

typhoon got nerfed pretty hard, but only a few people can tell because we fucking hate the RNG system

we also hate banshees and Rio and destroyer missiles

But we love the shadow

Opinion is still split on the paladin

And uh, yeah, I think that pretty much sums it up

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    soo... Asari Adept + Salarian infiltrator + Geth Engy = Frustration.

So much frustration.

Never again.

Wasn't a wipe, just... ugh.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    yeah, that many tech users with an adept is the worst

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Throw spam, set off tech bursts

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    have they announced whether we met the event goals yet? Or is the tracker not working that well

NREqxl5.jpg
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I don't think there's been an update, but given that we were only a third of the way across the board by Saturday night, I'm guessing we failed unless they cast Major Sympathy over an average victory pack.

Hopefully the blog update will just be an animated gif of Hackett slowly shaking his head, eyes downcast, before turning around and walking away, flipping the light switch off before retreating through the lit door, which slowly...slowly closes.

s7Imn5J.png
    yeah I guess I don't really care if we met the community goal or not, I was just kinda hoping this new tracker would mean we were gonna find out sooner and thus get commendation packs sooner

NREqxl5.jpg
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I'd like to see the react to that.

newSig.jpg
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    I don't think there's been an update, but given that we were only a third of the way across the board by Saturday night, I'm guessing we failed unless they cast Major Sympathy over an average victory pack.

Hopefully the blog update will just be an animated gif of Hackett slowly shaking his head, eyes downcast, before turning around and walking away, flipping the light switch off before retreating through the lit door, which slowly...slowly closes.

Hackett looking at a datapad with the results of the operation, sighs deeply, unscrews a bottle of Ryncol and pours it into a glass. Considers the glass, pours in a little more.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Lux wrote: »

Hackett looking at a datapad with the results of the operation, sighs deeply, unscrews a bottle of Ryncol and pours it into a glass. Considers the glass, pours in a little more.

Looks at the bottle.

Downs it in one swig.

oh look the RNG has decided to allow me to get gear again after 2 weeks of nothing but ammo IV's

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Lucky you. I'm on 5 PSPs in a row with nothing by ammo IVs. Still no harrier.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I get the feeling this was more to gauge the community's ability rather than a free weekend goal. Like, they wanted to see how many are willing to participate at this point in the MP.

sig.gif
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    I get the feeling this was more to gauge the community's ability rather than a free weekend goal. Like, they wanted to see how many are willing to participate at this point in the MP.

The reaper event before Earth should have told them that, the one with the idiot number of extractions required that I'm sure we didn't even come close to.

now they're just being completely unrealistic.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Maybe they're checking the bump from Earth.

• HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    I'm starting to think that if their not offering a proper incentive, like they have before, they don't really expect us to succeed. Setting the goals high might be part of making that happen.

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    whats rng, the store?

• jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for all the advice on my vorcha sentinel. Guy is goddamn wolverine.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
    whats rng, the store?

Random Number Generator.

newSig.jpg
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    i know i don't give a fuck about operation weekend allied goals unless there's something in it for me (other than a goddamn spectre pack)

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    Photos of Casey Hudson in provocative poses as the new splash screen for the main menu?

• MarkWebsterMarkWebster Ottersaurus Rex OntarioRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    Photos of Casey Hudson in provocative poses as the new splash screen for the main menu?

Would still be better than the SP v1 ending.

MarkWebster on
  • EnderEnder Registered User regular
    So, after some testing, I'm gonna go back slightly on what I said about Destroyer missiles.

I respecced my destroyer to 6/6/3/5/6, with 3 in grenades. I was really only using grenades to deal with phantoms and hunters, so it wasn't that big of a hit to me. With devestator mode specced for the shields, it appears that I only lose a tiny fraction of shields total, at worst, compared to a fully damage-specced destroyer. I also lose 15% overall damage, and 10% weapon damage.

The missiles actually do a fair amount of damage. They also set off tech bursts. However, their greatest bonus is that they stagger everything. Well, maybe not Banshees, but I didn't run against Reapers, so I'm not sure. They definitely stagger ALL Geth, and most importantly, they stagger Phantoms. That little benefit is pretty awesome to a slow-moving class like a Destroyer.

Running with a Striker (extended mag + stability) and a Pirahna (AP + choke), Phantoms are toast. A full mag of the Striker will kill a Gold Phantom dead, and the missiles plus the Striker mean that they remain staggered pretty much the entire time.

You're definitely squishier than a defense-specced Destroyer, but in the end, if you're good about cover, you can really tear shit up with the missiles. I'm actually liking them right now.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Mang, why does an unimported new game of ME3 just assume that you got alot of people killed? I was playing a new game with a soldier. But I didn't have one to import, so I just started a new game. Played up until you have to go check out the disturbance on deck three, and I saw the memorial for the first time that playthrough... there were so many names, I had to stop and read them. The most notable ones were Thane and Wrex. Shocked me back to ME1. So now I'm doing a full 1-3 playthrough..heh

Its going to have to sit on the backburner for a while though, as I shall be playing the shit out of Darksiders II if this goddamn workday ever ends...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    I think the rationalization was "What if Sheperd wasn't there?" for not playing ME1

Wrex, shot because while recruit to fight Saren, no one was able to convince him on Virmire.

As for ME2 data, I'm gonna guess they decided to pull the average data from everyone's ME2 run. And people are idiots.

newSig.jpg
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    The default is basically "what causes us to have to explain the least to new players?"

Lots of dead characters leaves little to explain.

• MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    I think the rationalization was "What if Sheperd wasn't there?" for not playing ME1

Wrex, shot because while recruit to fight Saren, no one was able to convince him on Virmire.

As for ME2 data, I'm gonna guess they decided to pull the average data from everyone's ME2 run. And Thane loves vents.

edited and bolded for you know it to be true

• FinalSoundwaveFinalSoundwave Registered User regular
    I thought it gave you three default options when you start a new game without importing. One has a lot of people dead, the other two you choose between Ashley or Kaiden.

XBL: Final Soundwave
  • DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    those are the 3 options but you can only pick one.

So a talon with the headshot mod on a class with accuracy buffs is crazy bananas. Still enough of a spread that you don't need to worry about being a pixel off on aim and the damage boost is more than enough to make up for lack of armor piercing against dudes like pyros. Still need a main gun for dealing with bosses, but it can kill mooks like nothin'

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    So a talon with the headshot mod on a class with accuracy buffs is crazy bananas. Still enough of a spread that you don't need to worry about being a pixel off on aim and the damage boost is more than enough to make up for lack of armor piercing against dudes like pyros. Still need a main gun for dealing with bosses, but it can kill mooks like nothin'

Don't forget, most classes have a passive buff that increases headshot damage too

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Finally got a Shadow and Harrier. Love the Shadow, just a fun class to play. Still need a demo to finish up the earth classes.

Had a lot of fun throwing the falcon + cryo ammo on my justicar last night. Worked even better with a demo teammate.

Can you get ammo from the jumbo pack? I have over 5 of each rank but i'm the hording type of gamer who ends up restarting from a save vs using a consumable. I'd use them more if i could get them easily. Or would buying tons of recruit packs be a better option?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I am really digging the defensive specced Justicar for Gold/Platinum play. Surprisingly durable, and generally helpful regardless of team makeup. Throw on the Harrier, and I'm doing some decent DPS or can set off team-mate explosions. Shame that people seem to look down on it in PUGs - it's good fun and rewarding to know you're keeping the team alive.

• jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular

So my question is, the headshot mod I have increases headshot damage by 20%. I also have the pistol barrel that increases damage by 25%. Wouldn't the 25% damage mod also increase headshot damage? Why ever take the headshot mod? I must be missing something.

Also, you need a main gun while carrying the talon?

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

it upsets me when people talk about the talon. I'd hate to see it become one of those guns that errybody uses. :|

sssh

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I wonder if I'm going to get that Eagle I I've always wanted this week.

• MarkWebsterMarkWebster Ottersaurus Rex OntarioRegistered User regular
    I am really digging the defensive specced Justicar for Gold/Platinum play. Surprisingly durable, and generally helpful regardless of team makeup. Throw on the Harrier, and I'm doing some decent DPS or can set off team-mate explosions. Shame that people seem to look down on it in PUGs - it's good fun and rewarding to know you're keeping the team alive.

The Justicar is the most critical character to all Gold/Plat games. Get a good one and you will have no problems. Take an ex-Cerb or a drell for biotic combo's.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Think I'ma respec my Justicar for the weight reduction on ARs. Take the Harrier, put no points in Pull.

dN0T6ur.png