As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along [Phalla] (Mini) -- VILLAINS REIGN VICTORIOUS

Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMABaton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
edited August 2012 in Critical Failures
You’ve been evil your whole life. Your family has disowned you. You’ve alienated most people who would even think of you as a friend. Being bad is a pretty solitary existence. Still awesome, though! Who else gets to spend their weekend planning heist jobs to steal the Wonderflonium they need for their freeze ray? Nobody, that’s who. You don’t know of anybody who’s as good at being bad as you are.
Until that day... that fateful day. You are sifting through your mail, and notice that one envelope seems… heavier than the others. Not physically, of course. This one is heavy as if it is heavy with possibility, as if your entire future revolves around what is inside of this envelope. Another thing you notice is that the envelope is jet black, with no distinguishing information on it, save for a wax seal on the back flap, bearing the letters E.L.E.
Could it be? Is it the Evil League of Evil? You open it without a moment’s delay!
Bad Horse
Bad Horse
Bad Horse
Bad Horse

He rides across the nation
The thoroughbred of sin
The League has an opening,
now do you want in?

You need evaluation
So let the games begin!
A heinous crime, a show of force
A murder would be nice, of course

Bad Horse
Bad Horse
Bad Horse
He's bad

We know just where to find you,
There’s nowhere you can hide.
If what we hear about you is true
Then you’re in for a hell of a ride

You’ll get another letter
with orders just for you.
You’ll compete to see who’s better
We’ve room for just a few

Bad Horse
Bad Horse
Bad Horse
Bad Horse

The Evil League of Evil
Is watching, so beware
The grade that you receive
Will be your last, we swear

So make the Bad Horse gleeful
Or he'll make you his mare . . .

Get saddled up
There's no recourse
It's Hi-Ho Silver
Signed Bad Horse

Game Overview

This is a Phalla game, Penny Arcade Forum's version of the party game Mafia. Standard rules and regulations apply.
IF YOU EDIT YOUR VOTE POST I WILL TRAMPLE YOU IN YOUR SLEEP. -Neeeeeigh-

Voting

There is talk of infiltration. Can it be? Have heroes made it into the E.L.E initiation process? Outrageous. Still, that guy looks suspicious. Bad Horse has authorized one kill per night to be done as a group. Nominate your choice of victim with your vote in Bold Red
Vote close is 10PM CST. Translate that to your moon location where appropriate

Orders

All orders must be submitted before vote close.

Players are expected to make one vote and one non-vote post every day. Failure to do so will be seen as a lack of commitment to the Phallympic ideals and will result in your replacement or removal.

Signing Up

Sign up with the phrase "!sign up" or similar phrase in bold limegreen. After signing up, please PM the host with two names. One for your Villain name. This name will be used to identify you in narration. I also want a hero name from you, to be used if you are chosen as mafia. This will be used upon your death, should such a thing happen

Clarifications

Any questions about the general game rules may be made by highlighting the question in bold darkorange text. Answers will be posted in the thread and collected in the below section. Player-specific inquiries that are not addressed in the general rules may be asked via PM to the host.

Other Rules

Standard Phalla rules apply: no sharing of host-provided PMs via screenshots or direct quotation. However, information may be shared indirectly, such as through rephrasing. You may not add new players to preexisting private conversations after the first message - start a new conversation instead. No anonymous contact is allowed. All messages must be traceable to a player in the game. Once you are eliminated, you may not make any more game conversation with players remaining in the game.

If any players create proboards for private communication or interesting conversations including more than two players, please send links for them to the host and add him as an admin.

Please include the host on all game PM's.

Clarifications
Will SPECTRUM make a guest appearance?

(they had better :) )

Use of other phalla material without the express written consent of the phalla originator, NBC, and the national football league is subject to fines up to 10,000 posts and up to 3 years in e-jail.
Kaplar wrote: »
Is there enough room for all of us in the league or are we going to need to do some backstabbing?
The Evil League of Evil is watching, so beware.
Kill the pesky heroes and you're in, we swear!
So prove that you are lethal
OR DIE TRYING.
You're saddled up
There's no recourse
It's Hi-ho silver!
-Signed bad horse
Hrmm, I'm either very bad at math. (Henchman school wasn't properly funded..) or I'd say people are trying to set up a tie vote.

What happens in the event of a tie, oh baddest of stallions?

It's bad
Bad times
Bad times
They're bad

If you try to tie things
with your given vote.
You'll also be dying.
I'll throw you from the boat!
Kaplar wrote: »
Can people die a color different than their faction?

CD
kime wrote: »
Thralls, millers, etc?

CD

Erin The Red on

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Narration links and death lists will go here too. But yeah, if you've never watched Dr. Horrible, you should. It's awesome, and like 45 minutes long. Got netflix? Go Here!. I did all the work for you. BE APPRECIATIVE, YE SWINE!

Day 1 Begins
    Day 2 Begins
    Day 3 Begins
    Day 4 Begins
    Day 5 Begins

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    PLAYER LIST:
    5-Megafrost
    6-Adventfalls
    8-MrTLicious
    9-Stever777
    10-Kime
    12-Kuhlmeye
    18-Terrendos
    19-Kaplar
    20-Cythraul
    25-Void Slayer
    27-Lucedes
    28-SeGaTai

DEAD LIST:
    1-Jdarksun
    2-Greenbarons
    3-The Anonymous
    4-l3lasphemer69
    7-REG Rysk
    11-Kilnaga
    13-Enlightenedbum
    14-Retaba
    15-Egos
    16-Anialos
    17-Mill
    21-INANTP
    22-Unearthly Stew
    23-Matev
    24-Warban
    26-Romanqwerty
    29-Moridin889

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    I think I am more than evil enough

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I'm so evil I [adjective] [noun]!

• Options
    l3lasphemer69l3lasphemer69 Registered User regular
    The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it.

• Options
    Soo I assume this "show" is good? I've never actually seen Dr. Horrible, am I commiting some kind of cardinal sin?

• Options
    Soo I assume this "show" is good? I've never actually seen Dr. Horrible, am I commiting some kind of cardinal sin?

See post 2, YE HEATHEN

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Do you like Felicia Day, Nathan Fillion, or Neil Patrick Harris? How about Joss Whedon? Musicals? Superhero parodies? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog is for you.

• Options
    Reminder: Once you sign up, PM me your Supervillain name, and your superhero name (in case you are mafia)

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    !signup

• Options
    l3lasphemer69l3lasphemer69 Registered User regular
    Greenbarons

Never?!?! We will totally hold that against you! Greenbarons

• Options
    Greenbarons

Never?!?! We will totally hold that against you! Greenbarons

If I watch it before the mini begins will you forgive me?

• Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    It's a brand new day, yeah you're gonna die!

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    Oh, man. Misquote.
    It's a brand new day
    And the sun is high
    All the birds are singing
    That you're gonna die

• Options
    Not grounds for immediate death, as opposed to questioning the quality of Doctor Horrible.

• Options
    It's not even a grounds for a wrist-slap, just minor public shaming. You clearly quoted from memory! +2 awesomeness! Small flub, though. -1. Grand total: +1, still awesome.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    1 point is enough to redeem for a Bad Horse (tm) Commemorative Gift Hoofsket

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    If I miss this game, my wife will actually murder me.

!sign up

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    goddammit. I would play in this, but I have no time this week. hope it goes well!

• Options
    edited August 2012
    goddammit. I would play in this, but I have no time this week. hope it goes well!
    When you hear the terrible whinny and feel your blood run cold
    You will wish you had made time and were more limebold

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I think it's available off Netflix, even? I thought it was legally and freely available online?

Anyways, TRV, how crazy is this game gonna be?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    kime wrote: »
    I think it's available off Netflix, even? I thought it was legally and freely available online?

Anyways, TRV, how crazy is this game gonna be?

Most of that is dependent on the cast, and how crazy they choose to be.
    On my end, it's a pretty basic mafia game. I have made a few changes I think should keep things interesting. We shall see if that holds true!

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    omgomgomgomgomgomgomg

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    omgomgomgomgomgomgomg

If you hate the idea you can just say so :p

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Am I evil? Yes I am.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    Nw, the question is how obvious do I want my names to be that they are mine?

Steam profile
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited August 2012

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    Anyone who doesn't get their name choice to me by the time role PMs go out will have their name chosen by me.
    One of these names will be Coriander the Flatulent

• Options
    Oooooo I may steal that :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    Calling all interested parties....

I am waiting....

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    I'm in!

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options

Use of other phalla material without the express written consent of the phalla originator, NBC, and the national football league is subject to fines up to 10,000 posts and up to 3 years in e-jail.

• Options
    That's not orange....

• Options
    That's not orange....

Neither are you, but we don't beat you over the head with it!

• Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    I feel like I have played in this phalla before

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    Oh, if you have people you like to play with that haven't signed up yet, feel free to @ them.
    And based on the names I'm getting so far, things are going to be.... interesting hahaha

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    signup

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Retaba for singing up.

• Options
    Is... does... you want make play?