As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] OLD THREAD LEAVE GO BYE SEE YA

• gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Think I'ma respec my Justicar for the weight reduction on ARs. Take the Harrier, put no points in Pull.

I was considering the exact same thing myself. Though I was also considering the 10% damage boost, since I don't find my Reave cooldown to be prohibitive at 97% - just a little slower than I'd like.

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Think I'ma respec my Justicar for the weight reduction on ARs. Take the Harrier, put no points in Pull.

I'm doing the same thing

Justicars can totally roll sans pull and are great with heavier weapons

I can never drop pull entirely from my Drell Adept, though. Too useful for handling groups.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    I think the rationalization was "What if Sheperd wasn't there?" for not playing ME1

Wrex, shot because while recruit to fight Saren, no one was able to convince him on Virmire.

As for ME2 data, I'm gonna guess they decided to pull the average data from everyone's ME2 run. And people are idiots.

I thought it had more do with Bioware wanting you to go back and buy the previous games so you can pick the awesome options.

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Pull is basically useless on a Justicar if you're doing anything other than running around soloing stuff (and if you're doing that, why are you playing a Justicar?). Area Reave goes through Guardian shields, and other folks will always be around to set trigger/set explosions.

I play on Silver and with pubs, generally, and run with the offensive bubble: if you don't know your team well, it's a safe bet that the pocket will be collapsing more often than not, and being able to deal more damage to anyone who makes it into the bubble can be the difference between success and a wipe.

• envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    I wonder if I'm going to get that Eagle I I've always wanted this week.

I see what you did here. It doesn't work.

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    So a talon with the headshot mod on a class with accuracy buffs is crazy bananas. Still enough of a spread that you don't need to worry about being a pixel off on aim and the damage boost is more than enough to make up for lack of armor piercing against dudes like pyros. Still need a main gun for dealing with bosses, but it can kill mooks like nothin'

So my question is, the headshot mod I have increases headshot damage by 20%. I also have the pistol barrel that increases damage by 25%. Wouldn't the 25% damage mod also increase headshot damage? Why ever take the headshot mod? I must be missing something.

Also, you need a main gun while carrying the talon?
    the headshot barrel increases headshot damage by 40%

add the VI gear for another 20%

and the 20% in your class skill

it adds up to 2-shotting gold phantoms if you hit their heads

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    envoy1 wrote: »
    I wonder if I'm going to get that Eagle I I've always wanted this week.

I see what you did here. It doesn't work.

Of course it doesn't work. My lifelong ambition to get the first level of the Eagle has not yet been realized, so clearly wishing for it doesn't make it a reality. I've had to make due with Valiants, Crusaders, and Hurricanes of various levels.

Sadness.

• gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Pull is basically useless on a Justicar if you're doing anything other than running around soloing stuff (and if you're doing that, why are you playing a Justicar?). Area Reave goes through Guardian shields, and other folks will always be around to set trigger/set explosions.

I play on Silver and with pubs, generally, and run with the offensive bubble: if you don't know your team well, it's a safe bet that the pocket will be collapsing more often than not, and being able to deal more damage to anyone who makes it into the bubble can be the difference between success and a wipe.

I run with a mixed bubble. I take the defensive and radius evolutions for the first few, but then take Warp for the last evolution.

This allows me to use it defensively, but then start detonating when things get dangerously close.

gjaustin wrote: »

I run with a mixed bubble. I take the defensive and radius evolutions for the first few, but then take Warp for the last evolution.

This allows me to use it defensively, but then start detonating when things get dangerously close.

I've actually been considering that, but have had no reason to change, since things pretty much always run smoothly when I run my current build.

• jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    So a talon with the headshot mod on a class with accuracy buffs is crazy bananas. Still enough of a spread that you don't need to worry about being a pixel off on aim and the damage boost is more than enough to make up for lack of armor piercing against dudes like pyros. Still need a main gun for dealing with bosses, but it can kill mooks like nothin'

So my question is, the headshot mod I have increases headshot damage by 20%. I also have the pistol barrel that increases damage by 25%. Wouldn't the 25% damage mod also increase headshot damage? Why ever take the headshot mod? I must be missing something.

Also, you need a main gun while carrying the talon?
    the headshot barrel increases headshot damage by 40%

add the VI gear for another 20%

and the 20% in your class skill

it adds up to 2-shotting gold phantoms if you hit their heads

Ah OK. So the reason it doesn't seem like a big deal to me is the fact that I only have the level 1 headshot mod. In my case I'd be better off with the straight damage booster.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • BinaryBinary Registered User regular
    Somebody on BSN just reported getting a Victory pack... as in, the allied goal was actually completed.

It MUST be BioWare taking pity, because there's no way the goal was actually completed give those Saturday numbers.

binary101010.jpg
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    I just got a Victory pack, too. I don't see how it's possible.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    It could be that the numbers they gave us were from Friday evening.

dN0T6ur.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    You begin casting...you are hit by a stray pubbie, roll 1d4 to check interrupt...4, you continue casting...you cast Major Sympathy!

Not really sure why they'd bother over a victory pack though. Maybe they just don't want to punish with next operation's circumstances.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Maledict66Maledict66 Registered User regular
    Suspect that after a hugely successful Olympics for their two biggest single markets they didn't want to fail us on the oh so subtle Olympics weekend mission, hence free victory packs for all.

"oh god we can't make it look like people are losing interest in our game when we just announced leviathan"

or someone fucked up and mixed up Victory and Commendation, because I don't have my commendation yet.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    It could be that the numbers they gave us were from Friday evening.

It's plausible the databases that they pull the stats from is updated at t-1... then the stats they tweeted would have really have been from Friday, lol.

edit: That could also be why they do the rewarding on a Tuesday instead of a Monday, since the events end Monday morning...

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • BinaryBinary Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Dac wrote: »
    or someone fucked up and mixed up Victory and Commendation, because I don't have my commendation yet.

That's par for the course. Commendation packs always lag behind the Victory packs.

My Victory pack had a Barrage Upgrade III in it, so I can't complain about that. Better than anything I've gotten out of my last five PSPs.

Binary on
    binary101010.jpg
  • ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Talking about Justicars, I build mine 6/6/4/4/6. I tend to prefer size/defense/warp on my bubble, area reave, and area pull. Only four points into the class ability because rank 5 is bugged and gives no power bonus. Then I just run around with the acolyte stripping shields, pulling things and reaving the shit out of all things. Had a great biotic group last night with strikor, TOGSolid and Carb0nfire playing fury/cerberus/asari adepts with my Justicar and it was smooth. EVERYTHING EXPLODES EVERYWHERE!

Ardol on
  • ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Balance Changes:

August 14, 2012

Enemy Stomping Behavior
    - (Silver) Delay before enemies will move to your body to stomp you increased from 1.5 to 2 seconds
    - (Silver) Delay before enemies stomp you once they reach your body increased from 0.75 to 1 second
    - (Gold) Delay before enemies will move to your body to stomp you increased from 0.75 to 1 second
    - (Gold) Delay before enemies stomp you once they reach your body increased from 0.25 to 1 second
    - (Platinum) Delay before enemies will move to your body to stomp you remains at 0
    - (Platinum) Delay before enemies stomp you once they reach your body increased from 0 to 1 second

Cerberus Phantom
    - (Platinum) The force threshold to cause Phantoms to stagger lowered to Gold levels

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Phantom force threshold - it'll take this time, maybe!

s7Imn5J.png
    Didn't they do the force threshold thing last week?

Also no weapon changes this week. Kinda disappointing. I always hold out hope for a slight Typhoon rebuff.

dN0T6ur.png
  • envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    I want all ARs buffed, re-buffed and buffed again.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    envoy1 wrote: »
    I want all ARs buffed, re-buffed and buffed again.

Agreed, I want DAKKAAAA to be viable for anyone on any difficulty level, is that too much to ask?!

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Man, that's it? That's all? There's tons of shitty weapons still out there that still need love.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

Don't forget, most classes have a passive buff that increases headshot damage too

I'm gonna try it with an accuracy boosted turian soldier, since marksman has an evolution to give more headshot damage as well. With my destroyer I was using the scope to decrease pellet spread, but marksman should make that unnecessary

(I also greatly enjoy turian marksman w/ claymore)

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    well i'll be damned

that is certainly something

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Ardol wrote: »
    Balance Changes:

August 14, 2012

Enemy Stomping Behavior
    - (Silver) Delay before enemies will move to your body to stomp you increased from 1.5 to 2 seconds
    - (Silver) Delay before enemies stomp you once they reach your body increased from 0.75 to 1 second
    - (Gold) Delay before enemies will move to your body to stomp you increased from 0.75 to 1 second
    - (Gold) Delay before enemies stomp you once they reach your body increased from 0.25 to 1 second
    - (Platinum) Delay before enemies will move to your body to stomp you remains at 0
    - (Platinum) Delay before enemies stomp you once they reach your body increased from 0 to 1 second

Cerberus Phantom
    - (Platinum) The force threshold to cause Phantoms to stagger lowered to Gold levels

lol. Don't regret abandoning this sinking ship for second now :D

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

Well there are the numbers, right there

Looks like our update was from Friday

dN0T6ur.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Balance Changes:

August 14, 2012

Enemy Stomping Behavior

Cerberus Phantom

Sinking ship?

ME3 MP has been doing pretty well for 5 months now. I mean when you consider that most multiplayer games get dropped within the first few weeks the fact that its managed to keep peoples interest this long when it was basically just an add-on to the game says a lot about it.

I mean I'm sure with Christmas season nearing most people will probably start to move on...but credit where credit is due.

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    my victory pack gave me a guerilla gear pack. meh.

would of preferred, oh i dont know.. maybe some of that awesome shit that's in those dlcs i have installed, krogran vanguard and n7 shadow for one goddamnit. maybe some of those awesome weapons too. but nope, this time. maybe in my commendation pack.

whats the fastest and easiest way to grind credits?

Deaderinred on
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Balance Changes:

August 14, 2012

Enemy Stomping Behavior

Cerberus Phantom

Sinking ship?

ME3 MP has been doing pretty well for 5 months now. I mean when you consider that most multiplayer games get dropped within the first few weeks the fact that its managed to keep peoples interest this long when it was basically just an add-on to the game says a lot about it.

I mean I'm sure with Christmas season nearing most people will probably start to move on...but credit where credit is due.

That's not what I meant. Even if the community'd drop, I've got so many people from PA on my friends list that there's always at least two on.

No, I'm talking about balance, first and foremost. As well as something new, like a new gamemode or more options for customizing your game - like being able to make all rounds objective rounds, something like that. In my opinion, even a new enemy faction wouldn't add much in the long term.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

edited August 2012
    i'd like to see the collectors added in, and the collector base as a level. they dont even need to explain it for lore, you could have husks and the scion, have the preatorian show up as a heavy... of course this also means having the music too, cant be fighting collectors without that track.

maybe have the mercs from me2 aswell and then add any new monsters from the sp dlcs (thats if they get them, judging by the trailer for the next one there doesnt seem to be new enemies?)

i would also like to see the powers from the new classes in mp in sp, either as the bonus powers in a shadow broker like mission or add them to the classes.

Deaderinred on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Well there are the numbers, right there

Looks like our update was from Friday

Yeah. Totally.

Dragkonias wrote: »
    Balance Changes:

August 14, 2012

Enemy Stomping Behavior

Cerberus Phantom

Sinking ship?

I'd argue that the MP community will die when the people who actually support it via micro-transactions move on. :P

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular
    The Phantom changes actually work this time. Every now and then. Which is just like Gold, sadly.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    yeah, they don't really ever seem to stagger when they're in that defensive stance thing, which they're in like, 75% of the time seemingly

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Ides of MarchIdes of March Registered User regular
    Got Crusader III from my Commendation Pack - had actually never tried it before, since I wasn't a huge fan of shotguns until the Piranha came out. Holy crap it's like a sniper shotgun! It has a much lower rate of fire and not as much damage as my Piranha X, but at X the Crusader could do as much damage - but the ability to headshot from halfway across the map with a SHOTGUN is pretty damn cool!

i got a n7 crusader too, mark I though. gonna test it out on this vorcha

Man, Valiant IV? Where's my Eagle I, game?

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Got Crusader III from my Commendation Pack - had actually never tried it before, since I wasn't a huge fan of shotguns until the Piranha came out. Holy crap it's like a sniper shotgun! It has a much lower rate of fire and not as much damage as my Piranha X, but at X the Crusader could do as much damage - but the ability to headshot from halfway across the map with a SHOTGUN is pretty damn cool!
    Has penetration, too. Guardian shields ain't no thang

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."