As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arkham Horror] The Lullaby of Yog-Sothoth: Monster Mashup

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    If I can get orders from @Cayrus (movement is automatic but just to verify slider changes and other upkeep) I can get one more encounter phase and maaaaaybe mythos phase out before I leave for Gencon tomorrow morning.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Ooh, GenCon.
    What kind of events you doing?
    I went in 2010 & played in FFG games & WW2 miniatures.
    It was pretty good.
    Could've been better.
    I always seem to sign up for events that are badly run cuz the original guy doesn't show up. :(

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    I'm running a few games of D&D 4e to pay for my badge, and then the rest of the time is kind of freeform. I want to check out Netrunner, 7 Wonders: Cities, and probably other stuff that I'm forgetting while there, but nothing specific planned.

• Options
    Let me know how Netrunner is.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Sliders will stay the same. Do I have any upkeep to take care of?

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    Still cursed.

Also, I came home to a monitor with a fizzled transformer so no updates for now until I figure out another solution :/

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Clearly someone didnt maximize.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I swear this game is cursed,

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

• Options
    Roll for the first ordeal:

The nice cup of tea.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    How goes the monitor situation, @Nullzone? :)

• Options
    It doesn't :(

I may be able to get logged in from another system where I can do what I need but I'm also leaving for PAX on Saturday and won't be back until the 4th, so there may not be much movement here in the meanwhile.

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Sorry to hear that, Nullzone. Have fun at PAX, though.

• Options
    But I'm going to Darke's Carnival. (*)

• Options
    Have fun at PAX! I wish I was there.

• Options
    I wish I had a unicorn.

• Options
    GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

I have a monitor. Encounters will resume tomorrow. Pinging everyone so they're on alert:

@Majestic Goat
    @stever777
    @jdarksun
    @El Skid
    @GrimmyTOA
    @Bedlam
    @Cayrus

Also PAX was fun. Hopefully some of you were there, sorry we didn't get to hang out. I'm going to try and make a more conscious effort to do that at East.

• Options
    Woo! Welcome back :D

• Options
    Look out, Yog!

I don't think the pingings work.
    I never seem to see the notification.

• Options
    They work for me, maybe your preferences are fubared?

• Options
    If you click on the globe icon up top right, there should be a "notification preferences" link. If you click on that link, one of the options you get should be "Notify me when people mention me.". Check that with either email or popup and you should get the corresponding notification.

• Options
    Hey, we're back! Good stuff.

• Options
    I'm here as well!

• Options
    El Skid wrote: »
    If you click on the globe icon up top right, there should be a "notification preferences" link. If you click on that link, one of the options you get should be "Notify me when people mention me.". Check that with either email or popup and you should get the corresponding notification.

Nope, pref are set right.
    Maybe I don't actually exist...

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Who are you people and what have you done with my shoes?!

Bedlam on
  • Options
    Oh Bedlam, I missed you so!

• Options
    Hoping for some inspiration, Jenny Barnes pulled the old dusty tome she found earlier out of her bag and began thumbing through it. She wasn't able to find anything particularly useful on the subject of arcane portals, but she did stumble across an incantation that could channel magic energies into restorative properties. Might come in handy later, especially given the raging headache that reading the gibberish in the book had just given her. After she read the spell's inscription, the book itself dissolved to dust in her hands and scattered to the wind.

@Bedlam loses 1 Sanity but receives the Heal spell! The Book of Dzyan is expended.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    (Don't know why I didn't just write all that into this post, but whatever...)

Sister Mary saw a figure begin to emerge from the portal next to her. She was still having waking nightmares about the Vampire from before, so not wanting to take any more chances she immediately fled toward Northside and blundered into the carnival which was still running, despite the constant news about serial killers in the city. Some of the things there seemed like they could have been straight out of a depiction of hell itself...but at the same time, it helped make some of the earlier creatures she had seen seem less scary. She gathered her resolve and pressed onward. @stever777 receives 1 Clue Token! Now to make a Will -1 check to avoid Sanity loss.

Harvey Walters went back into the diner, hoping to make amends for his earlier grievance. He apologized to Velma, and she was understanding; the city was under a lot of stress, and knowing the professor's background she wouldn't be surprised if he was involved in quite a lot of it. She offered him some tea, which he gladly accepted. When he finished, she took the cup and offered to read the leaves for him, and wouldn't take no for an answer. Defeated, Harvey sat quietly and waited for her reading... @jdarksun to make a Luck -1 check.

Kate Winthrop, having had just about enough of running scared, decided to see what she could manage to find over at the General Store for her own protection; her timing was fortuitous and their selection was clearly reactionary to the news on the radio, as a switchblade and pistol were both on sale, as well as the option of just skipping town entirely on a motorcycle. @El Skid to choose between a Knife, .45 Automatic, and Motorcycle.

Mandy Thompson was in a perfect position to make a little cash on the side; she was well-read enough, had seen enough on the streets, and had heard enough of the radio news lately that she was confident she could sell just about any story to the Newspaper. She headed over and went straight to the Editor, who was so enamored with her story (her loosened blouse probably didn't hurt either) that he offered her a retainer on the spot in exchange for continued developments as "word on the street". She happily accepted. @GrimmyTOA receives a Retainer!

Jenny Barnes after clearing her head a bit tried again to collapse the gate on this damned isle. She wasn't inclined to let some accident best her. Unfortunately, her stubbornness only led to further distract her from the task. @Bedlam failed to close the gate :(

Joe Diamond stumbled across an exit from the strange land he had blundered into; stepping out into the marshes of The Unnameable, he briefly caught a glimpse of a long black robe disappearing into the brush. He cried out but thought better of pursuing; better to try and figure out what the deal was with this portal, or at the very least protect it in case more monsters came out. He had a duty to the city, after all. Strangely, just knowing he was doing his job seemed to take some of the weight off of his shoulders, which was a huge relief. @Cayrus to close the gate! Fight or Will -1, 2 hits to succeed. He is also no longer Cursed!

Ashcan Pete heard about the reward being offered for information on the Southside Strangler, collectable from Ma's Boarding House. He moseyed over that way and sat down for a nice hot cup of soup, best in the city. While eating he mulled over whether to ask about the reward...he probably knew some people, but it would be calling in some pretty huge favors. He liked having people in the city that owed him. He continued to wrestle with the idea while eating his soup. @Majestic Goat recovers 3 Stamina from the soup. He may also spend 5 Clue Tokens to end the current Rumor.

Nullzone on
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Will check succeeds 3d6 → [3,6,5]

E - Oops!
    Should've been 2 dice.
    Still succeeds with a 3 & a 6.

stever777 on

• Options
    Man I wish I had one more stamina so I could use The Blue Watcher of the Pyramid.

Anyway:
    Fight -1 Roll (1d6=2, 1d6=1)

Utter failure. :(

I'll stay here and seal it next round.

• Options
    Buy the .45 automatic please! ($6)

• Options
    So, the plan was to divest Majestic Goat of his clue tokens to end the rumour. Barring any input from him... ?

Also: Sweet, sweet money.

• Options
    There's also the consideration that with Goat not having been online since early July, we could give the seat back to TRV.

• Options
    I'm happy with that, if he's up for it.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Rita_Repulsa.jpg
    FINALLY! AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS I'M FREE!
    TIME TO KILL SOME ELDER GODS

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Nullzone wrote: »
    Harvey Walters went back into the diner, hoping to make amends for his earlier grievance. He apologized to Velma, and she was understanding; the city was under a lot of stress, and knowing the professor's background she wouldn't be surprised if he was involved in quite a lot of it. She offered him some tea, which he gladly accepted. When he finished, she took the cup and offered to read the leaves for him, and wouldn't take no for an answer. Defeated, Harvey sat quietly and waited for her reading... @jdarksun to make a Luck -1 check.
    Craaap.

Luck -1 check in Velma's Diner: 1d6t5 0
    Crap!

Using a Clue Token.

Luck -1 check in Velma's Diner (clue token #1): 1d6t5 0
    Crap!

Using another Clue Token.

Luck -1 check in Velma's Diner (clue token #2): 1d6t5 0
    Ahhh! Crap!

Using my last Clue Token.

Luck -1 check in Velma's Diner (clue token #3): 1d6t5 0
    GAH.

Any chance somebody can offer me a reroll? I'm cursed if I can't make this roll.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Please follow through with original plans to rip any items/clues from me. I'm still not caught up on things, heh.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Any chance somebody can offer me a reroll? I'm cursed if I can't make this roll.

Is Cursed the actual end result or just an expression?
    Clearer results of rolls in descriptions would be nice.

• Options
    Sorry, yeah, the outcome of that is Blessed vs Cursed.

• Options
    @jdarksun

I think my re-roll is still available this turn. If so, you're welcome to it.