As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] OLD THREAD LEAVE GO BYE SEE YA

• IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Hooray... Eagle IV...

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i hope i get a valiant 6

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    eagle 6

i don't think you quite understand how this works, ME3

first you give me a valiant

then you give me the eagle

i've accepted that i'll never get a crusader or hurricane

but please, do me this small kindness

Elendil on
  • DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    I refuse to believe we beat the allied objective....

I mean, HOW?

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    the 30 percent stats were from friday and tons of people play on sunday.

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    I refuse to believe we beat the allied objective....

I mean, HOW?

Possible answer: Outdated numbers from Friday being posted.

Probable answer: Massive PR fix because someone at Bio came up with completely unattainable number requirments, and nobody caught it.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Man, Geth on Condor is bad times unless you have TEAM KROGUARD

Condor in general is tough. We bunkered down the whole time in that one area - you know the one, at the foot of the mountain on the side opposite of the landing zone.

Feels like a legitimate "hold the line" fight, but dear God

If we hadn't had two Destroyers and a Demolisher, I don't know what we would have done.

dN0T6ur.png
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    I got a valiant 3

Meh

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    I got a Valiant IV

But it's hard to be excited about the Valiant when I have the Saber on my Destroyer

dN0T6ur.png
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    also the geth shotgun could really use a nerf

apbbtl.jpg

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Considering that everyone thought this was gonna be some sort of dumb, tacked on stupid shit I think it's fair to call ME3's MP a pretty stellar success.

wWuzwvJ.png
    Also the Shadow should get a nerf. Played it for the first time with defensively specc'd Shadow Strike and duration/power usage Cloak, ended up getting like 120k points. With a Strength Enhancer II, that class is the anti-everything-but-bosses.

Haha I'm kidding don't nerf it, I love this stupid class

dN0T6ur.png
  • gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Also the Shadow should get a nerf. Played it for the first time with defensively specc'd Shadow Strike and duration/power usage Cloak, ended up getting like 120k points. With a Strength Enhancer II, that class is the anti-everything-but-bosses.

I love it too. I ended up in a Gold game with some pretty bad players and was forced to solo the second half of Wave 5.

They never even broke my shields.
    Got Crusader III from my Commendation Pack - had actually never tried it before, since I wasn't a huge fan of shotguns until the Piranha came out. Holy crap it's like a sniper shotgun! It has a much lower rate of fire and not as much damage as my Piranha X, but at X the Crusader could do as much damage - but the ability to headshot from halfway across the map with a SHOTGUN is pretty damn cool!

Try a Wraith or Claymore on a Geth with +25% accuracy from Hunter Mode and a Smart Choke. The shot grouping is conveniently sized the same as a Phantom's head.

gjaustin on
  • BinaryBinary Registered User regular
    Crusader II here.

I'm still trying to figure out what build it is I'm supposed to use this thing on.

binary101010.jpg
  • StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Same here, Crusader II. I mean, I'm glad it's not an Eagle and all, but the Hurricane and Valiant are actually pretty useful.

• gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    The Crusader seems like the perfect Krogan Infiltrator weapon to me.

:cry:

• ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    Got Crusader III from my Commendation Pack - had actually never tried it before, since I wasn't a huge fan of shotguns until the Piranha came out. Holy crap it's like a sniper shotgun! It has a much lower rate of fire and not as much damage as my Piranha X, but at X the Crusader could do as much damage - but the ability to headshot from halfway across the map with a SHOTGUN is pretty damn cool!
    Has penetration, too. Guardian shields ain't no thang

I've never found the crusader effective against guardian shields.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
    Maybe I should try rolling Batarian Soldier again. With the Grenade Gear and a Power Enhancer mod it seems like he'd be non-stop death, forever.

dN0T6ur.png
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    the crusader is a single pellet shotgun

logically it should be the only shotgun that does NOT ignore shield gate

i'm not interested enough to test it, though

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    Wife hasn't had time to go through the campaign mode with her schoolin'. Planning to do most of it next week.

I ask her, "You still going to play on Insanity?"

"I think so."

"It's tough. And you haven't played a Mass Effect game in like two years."

"FUCK THE POLICE"

dN0T6ur.png
  • ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Wife her....oh wait never mind.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    Wife hasn't had time to go through the campaign mode with her schoolin'. Planning to do most of it next week.

I ask her, "You still going to play on Insanity?"

"I think so."

"It's tough. And you haven't played a Mass Effect game in like two years."

"FUCK THE POLICE"

Yeah...

The ladies sure have a thing for men in uniform. :rotate:

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • Ides of MarchIdes of March Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Catalase wrote: »
    Has penetration, too. Guardian shields ain't no thang

Yes, that too! I was headshotting Cannibals and the shots went through their armor plating like tissue.
    gjaustin wrote: »

I love it too. I ended up in a Gold game with some pretty bad players and was forced to solo the second half of Wave 5.

They never even broke my shields.

Try a Wraith or Claymore on a Geth with +25% accuracy from Hunter Mode and a Smart Choke. The shot grouping is conveniently sized the same as a Phantom's head.

Hmm, I'll have to try that some time - maybe when I'm more comfortable with the shotgun. It's easy to have fun with them on the Destroyer but now I'm trying them on squishier classes.

Ides of March on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    so I've queued up with a group of people whose names are dinosaur themed... o_o

also, I have a Hurricane VII now.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    anyone need the PC exclusive sniper rifle?

joshgotro wrote: »

Do you mean the Indra?

dN0T6ur.png
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular

Do you mean the Indra?

Yes

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Val 5, meh

steam_sig.png
    edited August 2012

Do you mean the Indra?

Yes

That's been available as a regular Ultra Rare for weeks now, though it's very generous of you to offer and I'm sure someone would love a free level in it.

Edit: Oh you mean in single player

Ignore me

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Holy Shadow, Batman.

Stabstabstabstab.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    man, I wish I had an eagle 6

I'll probably get another rank of the dumb crusader

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    ugh. just had the worst wave 10 objective meltdown/wipe on my Drell adept ever... doing Geth London Gold, in the stop spot with 120k points up with a 40k spread.

It was a shaky end of wave 9 and I'd blown a few missiles to pull through... then the stupidity happened at the bottom of the staircase. why... oh why... :(

I turned the game off in shame.

edit: I thought the Crusader was some kind of shotgun sniper rifle or something people kept saying before.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Was all excited when I got my Eagle V. Thought I might have tied for lead on the forum. Maybe in two weeks.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Eagle IV.

Fuck you RNG, fuck youuuuuuu

• AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular
    Some Shadow stuff on Platinum. For some reason I was under the impression that I had a Hurricane III or IV, but turns out it's just a I.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Achire wrote: »
    Some Shadow stuff on Platinum. For some reason I was under the impression that I had a Hurricane III or IV, but turns out it's just a I.

is this you? Did they fix the rank 6 sword mastery with shadow strike, or do you just like using heavy melee to clear armor?

also, man, I wish I had an acolyte

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Hurricane II. Yes, this nicely balances out the never-gonna-get-used guerilla gear from the victory pack.

s7Imn5J.png
  • AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular
    No mate, I'm only any good at playing Novaguards (sorry Ardol, Milds and gang heh). There's a link to the BSN thread on the youtube page. Should have been more clear about that. As far as I know Sword Mastery is still broken. I don't think it can be fixed without a patch.

edited August 2012
    I remember when the Valiant was thought to be the only good N7 Prize weapon, with the Hurricane being relegated to the middle of the pack with the Crusader

No longer.

Though losing the ability to headshot Geth Primes had something to do with that I'm sure

Edit: The point is the Hurricane is fantastic, and generally a really top-tier weapon.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Ain't nothing as good as the Piranha.

For now.