As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Board Games] Discussions of Wil Wheaton's cardboard nerd-cred consolidated here.

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Okay, so, sorry for the double post, but this is totally unrelated to my last post. Well.. mostly.

So, while looking around on BGG before it went down, I found a Geeklist that was a bunch of re-themed Wings of War things. One of them was Quidditch, which immediately peaked my wife's interest. Now, she's not in to tactical games, like, at all, so her showing interest definitely got me interested.

Unfortunately..the rules don't seem to be posted anywhere. It was apparently done by some Italian HP fan club for their wait for one of the books to come out, and all there seems to be is a single picture.

However, given my current boredom, I decided to try coming up with a working ruleset. I'd like to see if you guys think this might actually be playable.

Wings of Snitch
    Just so we've got the basics down:

3 different types of ball are used in Quidditch.
    1 Snitch -- The Snitch is incredibly fast and equally chaotic. It appears randomly during the match, at which point it triggers a mad dash by the Seekers to catch it. Its worth 150pts and immediately ends the match.
    1 Quaffle -- The Quaffle is carried and passed by Chasers, who attempt to throw it through one of the 3 rings within their opponent's scoring area. Each goal is worth 10pts.
    2 Bludgers -- Bludgers are heavy iron balls that are enchanted to seek out players and knock them off their brooms. They are redirected by Beaters.

Each side is made up of a team of 7 players.
    1 Seeker -- It is the Seeker's job to catch the Snitch.
    3 Chasers -- The Chasers catch, carry, and pass the Quaffle.
    1 Keeper -- The Keeper's job is to keep the Chaser from scoring.
    2 Beaters -- The Beaters jobs are to protect their team from the Bludgers, while also directing said Bludgers at the other team.

Even though the team who catches the Snitch usually wins the match, Quidditch Championships are actually decided by point total, and not win total. That's why scoring with the Quaffle still matters--losing one match by even 20 less points than you might have otherwise leaves you with that many less points to make up later in the season. So, yay for campaign play? :P

Alright, so, the game of the game.

Movement
    Each class of player (Seeker, Chaser, etc.) has their own Maneuver Deck. Each card has a Standard Move, a Slow Move, and a Quick Move on it.

Standard Moves are used when flying at full speed. The Slow Move portion is used when the player wants to move more slowly. The Quick Move is used during what I'm going to call Dilation. Basically, in certain circumstances, you want to focus on a particular bit of action. At that point, the players in question get a series of shorter moves in place of one bigger one.

Examples of this would be when a Chaser is attempting to score a goal, a Beater is attempting to maneuver to hit a Bludger, or the Seeker is within grabbing distance of the Snitch. It basically allows you to zoom in and get a good, action-y moment, to make your Chaser fake out the opposing Keeper and score an awesome goal.

Standard/Slow Moves are all played face-down at the same time and then revealed. In Dilation, three (3) Quick Move cards are played face-down/revealed, one set at a time, in place of the single Standard/Slow moves.

At the moment, there's no Altitude.

The Balls

The Snitch has its own Maneuver Deck that is drawn from randomly each turn. The deck is shuffled before each draw. It has incredibly erratic movement, able to easily shift direction in an instant. The Snitch is caught when a Seeker overlaps it and succeeds in a check to grab it. The Snitch's Maneuver Deck also has Quick Move options on it, for when the Seekers close in.

The Quaffles are passed pretty simply. The team in possession of the Quaffle moves their Chaser's first. The controlling player then declares whether or not they are going to pass. The defending team then reveals their moves. If a defending Chaser ends up in between the passer and receiver, the Quaffle is intercepted.

Similarly, when attempting to score, the Chaser and Keeper go into Dilation. The Chaser gains access to a Shoot maneuver, and the Keeper gains access to a Block. The Chaser has an option to play a Shoot card early on in the Dilation, or take a shot at the end of the turn. If a Keeper is between the Chaser and the goal and uses their Block maneuver, the attempt is very unlikely to make it past. On the flip side, if a Chaser manages to fake a Keeper out and Shoot when the Keeper moves, its usually a sure thing.

The Quaffle can also be stolen by Keepers or opposing Chasers. When two players come into contact with each other, the defending player can attempt to steal the ball from the Offense. Both sides draw chits, and the higher number wins. Ties go to the player originally possessing the ball.

The Bludger is slow and heavy, so it can only go straight, or make very shallow, sweeping turns. Each Bludger token has two sides, each representing alignment with one of the teams. When hit by a Beater, the Bludger is flipped to alignment with his team. If the Bludger hits or just barely misses a player, it flips alignment to that player's team. The team aligned with the Bludger plays its moves at the end of the turn, following the rules that it must always aim towards the nearest (and most accessible, given movement restructions) oppositely aligned player.

Being hit by the Bludger causes the player to draw a chit. This can result in either a near-miss, being dazed and knocked about, or completely knocked unconscious for a number of turns.

Those are obviously rough, but I'm mostly concerned about the "zooming" aspect. It seems like it would make certain points in the game more interesting and tense, but I also don't want it to be so clunky that it doesn't feel good, either.

What do you guys think?

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I want to play that.

Like now.

ObiFett wrote: »
    I want to play that.

Like now.

Ha, I'll take that as a vote of confidence in the rough draft!

My biggest dread is coming up with all the Maneuver Cards. Just because that seems so damn finicky in terms of the curves and lengths and such.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    My kickstarted Flash Point Urban Structures and fire meeples shipped today! I believe there are fireman figures in there as well. Looking forward to some new buildings and the Structural Engineer role!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    My early shipment is heading my way, too. Bummer we didn't hit the stretch for custom sculpts per role, but it still seems like quite a lot of bang for the buck in this expansion.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    My kickstarted Flash Point Urban Structures and fire meeples shipped today! I believe there are fireman figures in there as well. Looking forward to some new buildings and the Structural Engineer role!

Flashpoint is awesome.

Flashpoint > Pandemic

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
    Yeah, I went for the $25 tier for the Urban Structures expansion, firefighter meeples & figures, and 2nd Story. Two expansions and two extra sets of meeples I couldn't pass up on. I'd probably pay at least $15-20 per expansion otherwise.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    No sooner is the Flash Point kickstarter finished than Indie Boards & Cards starts a new one. This time it's for a new game of "The Resistance". King Arthur against Mordred. Can Merlin clue you into who is working against you in time?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2012515236/the-resistance-avalon

I'm less interested in this one since I haven't played "The Resistance" and it is $40 to get both games. Still looks neat and there is a bonus for supporting in the first 24 hours.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Just got my copy of Zombicide and extra characters in the mail today. Everything looks like great quality, except the super mini playing cards. Kind of bummed but they also didnt really need full sized one either. Now I just need friends to play this with.

steam_sig.png
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I got Zombicide in the mail today, played it this evening.

It was fantastic. Blows every other zombie game completely out of the water (not that that's saying much, I guess). Just one playthrough, sure, but even so I was very impressed.

vRyue2p.png
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Fuck yes, Shadowfist kickstarter is funded. Get right in there. I am so excited I could vomit.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well you could use one of the lego ships as a stand in?

Are they going to do anything extra to battleship galaxies?

And where can I learn more about leviathans?

• alqadimalqadim Registered User regular
    Brain - www.monstersinthesky.com for leviathans.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I got Zombicide in the mail today, played it this evening.

It was fantastic. Blows every other zombie game completely out of the water (not that that's saying much, I guess). Just one playthrough, sure, but even so I was very impressed.

It certainly really good but I like Last Night On Earth just as much.

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular

Flashpoint is awesome.

Flashpoint > Pandemic
    I'm going to continue being backwards to public opinion. I enjoy Pandemic far more than Flashpoint.

No sooner is the Flash Point kickstarter finished than Indie Boards & Cards starts a new one. This time it's for a new game of "The Resistance". King Arthur against Mordred. Can Merlin clue you into who is working against you in time?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2012515236/the-resistance-avalon

I'm less interested in this one since I haven't played "The Resistance" and it is $40 to get both games. Still looks neat and there is a bonus for supporting in the first 24 hours.
    I immediately supported this. The only reason I wouldn't call you an idiot for not supporting at $40 is that (A you might not have a big enough group of people to play and B) this 'second coming' of The Resistance might well be better than the original, and more or less remove the need for it. But assuming A is not a factor, you really, really, really should consider backing at $20 to get the game. Even if you somehow hate it you shouldn't have any trouble trading it, as other people will very happily acquire it.

• Joe DizzyJoe Dizzy taking the day offRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I'm torn between picking up both the second edition of Resistance and Avalon, or just the latter. I'll probably skip Resistance 2.0 because the portability of the first edition is a huge draw for me. Whereas Avalon might be more likely to engage my regular gaming group, so carrying it around with me wouldn't come into it.

Flash Point, while definitely more appealing on a pure game-level than Pandemic, has failed to gain any traction around the table here.

Joe Dizzy on
    Resistance has very much intrigued me, but my gaming group is only 4 players most of the time, and none of them would really be interested in it.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Flash point is a fun time filler, but it feels a little hollow for our group. Feels very solvable as to what the optimal solution is at any given point, and it's up to the dice as to whether you're going to win.

Because of it's fairly simple set of options for a player, it's approachable theme, and it's cooperative gameplay I find it's well suited for introducing people to board gaming.

lazegamer on
    I would download a car.
    Anyone else have any opinion on my TotP rough sketch of Quidditch rules?

• zanetheinsanezanetheinsane Registered User regular
    ZOMBICIDE HIGH FIVE! I just got home to unbox my copy and pour over everything. I was going to come on here and gloat but you fuckers with normal sleep schedules ruined it for me.

This will absolutely look great on the shelf next to Last Night on Earth. LNoE is very dear to me but I have some friends that don't like the "me vs. you" mechanics, especially when you roll them really hard as the zombies, so hopefully they don't mind us all losing together in Zombicide.

InkSplat wrote: »

I don't know if this is what you want to hear, but even in theory that game is going to be fiddly as hell, and going to take hours to play. You're basically turning it into a game of Wings of War where each player will always control at least 7 planes (more if controlling bludgers, less if knocked unconscious, but you follow). Every one of those characters will need their own deck of cards (or maybe you condense this slightly by pooling all cards for one 'class', but then you could run into issues if you want everyone to make a right turn, for example), plus the balls will need their own decks, so we're currently up to between 16 to 18 decks of cards for this? Then you have to resolve the movement phase (which I thought was one of the worst parts of Wings of War to begin with) and deal with any of the consequences of that.

I do like your mention of league play because it makes a ton of sense for a game like this. But I think this is similarly compounded by the problem of game length. If you want the game to not take 12 hours, how many turns will it be? How many opportunities is that to score points? How does that compare to the whopping 150 gain of the snitch? When should that snitch appear in the game? What stops it from taking another hour just to catch the snitch because it moves at random?

Ultimately, I think it's a cool premise, but something that would drag very hard when physically set on a table. That's just my opinion though, and I may be biased since it's based on a system that I dislike to begin with.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

I don't know if this is what you want to hear, but even in theory that game is going to be fiddly as hell, and going to take hours to play. You're basically turning it into a game of Wings of War where each player will always control at least 7 planes (more if controlling bludgers, less if knocked unconscious, but you follow). Every one of those characters will need their own deck of cards (or maybe you condense this slightly by pooling all cards for one 'class', but then you could run into issues if you want everyone to make a right turn, for example), plus the balls will need their own decks, so we're currently up to between 16 to 18 decks of cards for this? Then you have to resolve the movement phase (which I thought was one of the worst parts of Wings of War to begin with) and deal with any of the consequences of that.

I do like your mention of league play because it makes a ton of sense for a game like this. But I think this is similarly compounded by the problem of game length. If you want the game to not take 12 hours, how many turns will it be? How many opportunities is that to score points? How does that compare to the whopping 150 gain of the snitch? When should that snitch appear in the game? What stops it from taking another hour just to catch the snitch because it moves at random?

Ultimately, I think it's a cool premise, but something that would drag very hard when physically set on a table. That's just my opinion though, and I may be biased since it's based on a system that I dislike to begin with.

Well, if it's Quidditch we play for four hours, then just roll a D6 and see who caught the snitch. The winner of the die roll is the game winner.

What is this I don't even.

I am not at all averse to the criticism. I wouldn't have posted it here if I didn't want it pointed out what seems flimsy.

I definitely have thought about the number of decks and the number of units on the board. Units don't seem like they'd be too bad so long as I make it straight forward enough to control them. After all, plenty of war games have you controlling a ton more than 7 units. But I don't think that, no matter what, it'll be a super simple game, which I know seems counter-intuitive for a game set in the Harry Potter universe, but, yeah.

One thought is to make it Hex-based. Which basically rids the game of its association to Wings of War/Glory, which was originally the point, lol. But, it might work better that way. Then Maneuver cards can simply dictate movement on hexes, and there's no need to use rulers or lay the cards down to measure the movement.

Do you think something as simple as that would have much of an effect on the potential clusterfuck the movement phase would be?

The hexes would definitely rid the game of some of the fluidity that I find so fascinating about WoG & X-Wing, but, at this scale, I'm just not sure its worth it.

• R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular

I am not at all averse to the criticism. I wouldn't have posted it here if I didn't want it pointed out what seems flimsy.

I definitely have thought about the number of decks and the number of units on the board. Units don't seem like they'd be too bad so long as I make it straight forward enough to control them. After all, plenty of war games have you controlling a ton more than 7 units. But I don't think that, no matter what, it'll be a super simple game, which I know seems counter-intuitive for a game set in the Harry Potter universe, but, yeah.

One thought is to make it Hex-based. Which basically rids the game of its association to Wings of War/Glory, which was originally the point, lol. But, it might work better that way. Then Maneuver cards can simply dictate movement on hexes, and there's no need to use rulers or lay the cards down to measure the movement.

Do you think something as simple as that would have much of an effect on the potential clusterfuck the movement phase would be?

The hexes would definitely rid the game of some of the fluidity that I find so fascinating about WoG & X-Wing, but, at this scale, I'm just not sure its worth it.

I agree that you lose some fluidity, but also a lot of the fiddly aspects of Wings of War that tend to bog down the game.

If you move to hexes, movement cards would be easier to generate and more control be had over positioning which would make the game a lot more fun in my opinion.

Also with league play you can add some modifiers and team building mechanics similar to blood bowl to keep players invested in a team for long term play.

steam_sig.png
    Oh yeah, definitely had thought about a progression thing, akin to the campaign rules in Wings of Glory, where you'd have rookies, normal, and ace players, with gaining ace traits as they "level up".

But that's a bit further on than I am right now, ha.

I think your "dilation" idea is excellent, but agree there's a lot going on here. A good exercise in design is to try taking out as much as you can, and see if what is left is still a game. If it is, maybe you can add some elements back in, but maybe they're not necessary.

What if on the macro-level, you ditched the decks entirely? Just let people move pieces at will within the limits of the pieces until "interesting" things happen. Then use the simultaneous reveals from the decks to resolve things, as you outlined? I think that might speed up and simplify the routine aspects, and get to the exciting parts more quickly.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    I certainly agree that the 'base' of the game should be switched, and I really leave it up to you which direction to go. The biggest problem with putting Quidditch into Wings of War is that the dynamics aren't actually right. The brooms in flight in Harry Potter have no problem stopping on a dime, or spinning in place, or basically immediately changing course or elevation. Airplanes, obviously, do not have these capabilities.

If you continue poking away at this, keep us posted, as I am interested for sure. That said, I feel like this would somehow be better suited to a card game, almost akin to Blood Bowl: Team Manager (where you are only sort of in control of a game, and you make seasons matter more in one game). Just an idea, I suppose ...
    Cheers!

JonBob wrote: »
    I think your "dilation" idea is excellent, but agree there's a lot going on here. A good exercise in design is to try taking out as much as you can, and see if what is left is still a game. If it is, maybe you can add some elements back in, but maybe they're not necessary.

What if on the macro-level, you ditched the decks entirely? Just let people move pieces at will within the limits of the pieces until "interesting" things happen. Then use the simultaneous reveals from the decks to resolve things, as you outlined? I think that might speed up and simplify the routine aspects, and get to the exciting parts more quickly.

But then you lose the synchronous movement aspect that can add a lot to this type of game. No more randomly running into an opponent, or getting knocked by a well hit bludger.

steam_sig.png

Hm. That's an interesting idea, actually. Only issue is determining initiative--suppose could just have chits drawn though. Easy enough that way.

R0land1188 wrote: »

But then you lose the synchronous movement aspect that can add a lot to this type of game. No more randomly running into an opponent, or getting knocked by a well hit bludger.

Wow, totally ninjaed and didn't even see the messages!

That's definitely an issue. I mean, it would keep the synchronous movement during those tense moments, but it does definitely affect the Bludger. And the bludger's movement is already the main thing that I don't think really suits a hex-grid, as the movement is forced to be kind of janky.

Maybe some sort of coordinate system, where you just have to pick where you end up.
    I certainly agree that the 'base' of the game should be switched, and I really leave it up to you which direction to go. The biggest problem with putting Quidditch into Wings of War is that the dynamics aren't actually right. The brooms in flight in Harry Potter have no problem stopping on a dime, or spinning in place, or basically immediately changing course or elevation. Airplanes, obviously, do not have these capabilities.

If you continue poking away at this, keep us posted, as I am interested for sure. That said, I feel like this would somehow be better suited to a card game, almost akin to Blood Bowl: Team Manager (where you are only sort of in control of a game, and you make seasons matter more in one game). Just an idea, I suppose ...
    Cheers!

Unfortunately, the whole idea was a tactical tabletop game I could get my wife to play, ha. Otherwise Quidditch wouldn't be my first choice. :P

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, the kickstarter for the Deluxe Edition of Unexploded Cow is up.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    I am fanatic about trying to remove complication in my designs, and not always successful, so this is a fun exercise for me. :)

Thinking about the Bludger problem. It is dumb, but enchanted. Have it make a beeline toward the target player at the end of each turn (within an arc defined by its previous direction). This should work on a hex grid, if you want. If the Bludger always moves second, that means it is a definite threat; you have to move out of its way, get a Beater in between, or take your chance with the dilation mechanism. The Bludger isn't technically in the control of either team, just roughly directed by the last Beater hit, so if you can make a "rules robot" control it rather than a player, that actually adds to the simulation.

Heck, maybe you can remove the whole "alignment" angle. After all, it's perfectly possible for a Beater to screw up and peg a teammate by mistake.

R0land1188 wrote: »

Wow, totally ninjaed and didn't even see the messages!

That's definitely an issue. I mean, it would keep the synchronous movement during those tense moments, but it does definitely affect the Bludger. And the bludger's movement is already the main thing that I don't think really suits a hex-grid, as the movement is forced to be kind of janky.

Maybe some sort of coordinate system, where you just have to pick where you end up.

Cheers!

Unfortunately, the whole idea was a tactical tabletop game I could get my wife to play, ha. Otherwise Quidditch wouldn't be my first choice. :P

Bludger could still work out for the hex idea.

When a Beater hits the bludger it would move towards the nearest opponent (x) spaces in a straight line and then every turn (x) spaces toward initial target each manuever.

Only Beaters can hit Bludgers. In order to do so they need to be adjacent to the bludger. A hit can be performed between manuevers.

Or some nonsense like that.

steam_sig.png
    I am fanatic about trying to remove complication in my designs, and not always successful, so this is a fun exercise for me. :)

Thinking about the Bludger problem. It is dumb, but enchanted. Have it make a beeline toward the target player at the end of each turn (within an arc defined by its previous direction). This should work on a hex grid, if you want. If the Bludger always moves second, that means it is a definite threat; you have to move out of its way, get a Beater in between, or take your chance with the dilation mechanism. The Bludger isn't technically in the control of either team, just roughly directed by the last Beater hit, so if you can make a "rules robot" control it rather than a player, that actually adds to the simulation.

Heck, maybe you can remove the whole "alignment" angle. After all, it's perfectly possible for a Beater to screw up and peg a teammate by mistake.

Reason for the alignment was that, apparently, the Bludger is actually enchanted to switch its targets from one team to the other when it either hits, or nearly hits one, or is hit by a Beater. It also seemed like a nice bit of fair design, in that each team gets minimal control.

And only reason I suggested the hex-board being an issue, is that it just looks really janky, what with going straight, then suddenly shifting over to the side, and such. But it can definitely still work mechanically. Just not as "pretty".

Aand I should probably stop hijacking this thread. :lol:

In case anyone would like to continue the conversation though, as I had a new thought: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/165556/sorting-hats-on-brainstorming-for-tabletop-quidditch

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Oh, hey, the kickstarter for the Deluxe Edition of Unexploded Cow is up.

Sweet. Always willing to give the Cheapass guys some money.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    So I am getting tons of board games with minis... super dungeon explore, zombicide, etc. These games have precut inserts you can get... but there all super expensive, and with SDE I plan on getting expansions/limited heroes which the precuts dont account for(so wont fit a sleeved deck of cards), and the zombicide kickstarter came with an entire extra tray of zombie fodder and extra characters.

Is there like a place where I could get bulk foam slabs to just cut my own custom ones cheap? Had the wing break off my SDE dragon already and I decided I need to find a foam solution even if it means making a new box for everything.

steam_sig.png
  • NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    Well I'm off to Gencon tomorrow. I will return with all the motivation I need to eat right and exercise for the next year. Oh and some games.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    So I am getting tons of board games with minis... super dungeon explore, zombicide, etc. These games have precut inserts you can get... but there all super expensive, and with SDE I plan on getting expansions/limited heroes which the precuts dont account for(so wont fit a sleeved deck of cards), and the zombicide kickstarter came with an entire extra tray of zombie fodder and extra characters.

Is there like a place where I could get bulk foam slabs to just cut my own custom ones cheap? Had the wing break off my SDE dragon already and I decided I need to find a foam solution even if it means making a new box for everything.

Probably could get it from someplace like a Home Depot.

BTW, it's not exactly cheap, but Battlefoam makes a SDE tray set that fits inside the box, in case you don't feel like actually cutting it yourself.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • zanetheinsanezanetheinsane Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    So I am getting tons of board games with minis... super dungeon explore, zombicide, etc.

MiniaturesMarket offers foam trays with perforated inserts that you "pluck out" to the size you need, they're mostly affordable. They also list them on eBay, just search for "foam trays sabol".

You can also try Sabol's website directly, they might have something you like.

Also try searching ebay for "Foam Rectangular Transport Trays". There are some decent deals on things like 5-packs.

zanetheinsane on