As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] OLD THREAD LEAVE GO BYE SEE YA

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I always thought people dismissing the Hurricane were crazy even before they delivered two buffs to make it even better.

But then I loved it in SP, too, and always put it on my squadmates because it makes them sound like a pair of A-10 Warthogs.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    the hurricane in SP on your squadmates tears shit up faster than even the particle beam

it's completely nuts, atlas armor just melts

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    yeah, it's the same reason you'd give them the incisor; their recoil compensation is ridiculous

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I'm calling bullshit on those numbers; but whatever. Victory pack.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Valiant 5, and Guerrilla pack...

I think I need to play Infiltrators for a bit

newSig.jpg
  • MarkWebsterMarkWebster Ottersaurus Rex OntarioRegistered User regular
    Hurricane III for me.

Have been considering sticking an AP mod and putting it onto my Kroguard, so to kill all the things. All the time.

My Carnifex III has been useful so far with the melee attachment though.

Building this Kroguard with nothing in barrier and everything into highly specced carnage damage for banshee fun.

After this, Im'ma build a drell adept with 6/3 (pull)/6/5 (class)/6. Had previously built it 6/6/6/5/3 and it was too fragile even on silver.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the hurricane's clip size is weirdly low, given how fast it fires. It does a lot of damage in quick little bursts though, especially with the armor mod.

I got an eagle 2, which is better than another crusader I suppose. Am I dumb for thinking the eagle is pretty nice? I kind of prefer it to the carnifex on my adepts, now

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    do all the victory packs have rare gear in them

has anyone gotten anything else

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I didn't; I got the gear that gives you the clip increase and stability.

sig.gif
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    I didn't; I got the gear that gives you the clip increase and stability.

I got Barrage Upgrade II, yeah.

I was playing my Vorcha Soldier yesterday with the Piranha X and Berserker Package V. It occurred to me that I could take the Acolyte X as a shield stripper to make burning/eviscerating people easier, but then I would feel silly for speccing my Flamer to destroy shields.

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Crusader II for me. And a the gear that increases SMG + Sniper rifles.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
    I was just thinking. How much fun could Team Vorcha be? All specced with ranged flamers, 2 for shields, 2 for armor. All specced with piranha's.

Has anyone done this?

• ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    do all the victory packs have rare gear in them

has anyone gotten anything else

I got the Operative one. Tech recharge and damage bonus one.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    I guess RNG is making up for giving me the Kroguard so early. My second Commendation pack ever had ... an Eagle II ...

• EnderEnder Registered User regular
    I was just thinking. How much fun could Team Vorcha be? All specced with ranged flamers, 2 for shields, 2 for armor. All specced with piranha's.

Has anyone done this?

change that to Reegars and I'd say

AMERICA. FUCK YEAH.

honestly, it'd be pretty brutal

but I think reapers would fuck you up

what with ravagers and all of you being close-range

but fun as shit I imagine

Ender wrote: »

Has anyone done this?

AMERICA. FUCK YEAH.

Carnage = bye bye Ravagers, no?

Or equip a Carnifex for longer range combat?

We must do this.

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    ONE vorcha completely annihilates gold reapers

4 vorcha would be completely ridiculous

always spec flamer for armor damage, bring a reegar for everything else

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy

The Reegar is the only rare gun I don't have yet. =[

Have a Geth SMG at IV though!

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

The Reegar is the only rare gun I don't have yet. =[

Have a Geth SMG at IV though!

Throw that shit away and equip a real gun.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

Has anyone done this?

AMERICA. FUCK YEAH.

Carnage = bye bye Ravagers, no?

Or equip a Carnifex for longer range combat?

We must do this.

A lot of people like Carnage as a poke power but I am not a fan of it on any class that can use it. The Vorcha Soldier doesn't need it, and the Kroguard benefits so much from Barrier...

dN0T6ur.png
    I've tried the barrier and non-barrier kroguard builds, and in my not-so-humble opinion, the barrier build is vastly superior.

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    bwhahaha, i just got kicked from a silver match up for coming top in the prior game, guess they dont like my stinky vorcha + geth plasma shotgun.

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    I've tried the barrier and non-barrier kroguard builds, and in my not-so-humble opinion, the barrier build is vastly superior.

Ridiculously superior. Barrier is what makes Kroguards kro-awesome. That and kro-headbutts.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Even with only taking 30% damage reduction on Barrier, when you combine it with the 50% damage reduction you get for 4-5 seconds after Charging, you're looking at some very serious tanking ability every time you Charge. Inside a defensive Biotic Bubble you're essentially immortal - I don't think any combination of enemies in the game on any difficulty could knock you down to health before Charge finished its cooldown - with a Cylonic Modulator, anyway.

dN0T6ur.png
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Cylonic Modulator

i c wut u did thar

• Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    Wooo Eagle. Somehow I knew. SOMEHOW.

But I did get more customization options for my Paladin, which honestly makes me pretty happy.

Mr Pink wrote: »
    Wooo Eagle. Somehow I knew. SOMEHOW.

But I did get more customization options for my Paladin, which honestly makes me pretty happy.

If Bioware really wanted their microtransaction model to take off, they'd include hats with the next patch.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't complain about actual armor customization like in SP, in MP.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    You know those games where you can tell from the other pub's classes that you're going to score lowest but be the glue that keeps the team together (unless you die)? Yeah, that happened. Three infiltrators - specced to the gills with one-shot capability and nothing else - and me as a level 7 Destroyer - which I'd chosen the lobby before because, funnily enough, there were too many infiltrators in that one too. I scored lowest keeping their backs clean while they rushed from one side of Rio to the other.

And when a Banshee instagibbed me? Game over soon afterwards.

It was a hoot. It's nice to see a bunch of glory hogs reaping what they sow. Play alone, die alone.

The best part was the last one dying to a Husk. The kind of low-point mook I spent the whole game cleaning up for them.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • ShaggyShaggy Registered User regular
    I got the Barrage Upgrade and am considering throwing it on my Asari Justicar. I feel like I run out of ammo too quickly with the Harrier, but I don't want to give up piercing or the extra gun damage.

• chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Got a Valiant II...woo. In other news, the N7 Shadow has quickly become my favorite class.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
    i think the shadow

properly played

is one of the best additions to the game

simply because the gameplay is different and interesting

and you can still be an asset

while not crouched behind cover next to your "friends"

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    the hurricane's clip size is weirdly low, given how fast it fires. It does a lot of damage in quick little bursts though, especially with the armor mod.

I got an eagle 2, which is better than another crusader I suppose. Am I dumb for thinking the eagle is pretty nice? I kind of prefer it to the carnifex on my adepts, now

The Eagle can be a better pistol than the Carnifex at equal levels, but no one has it that high. The Hurricane's clip size is even half of what it appears, since (for no apparent reason) it uses two rounds per shot, so really it's starting clip is 20. The wiki also claims that makes the heatsink super effective because it regenerates two ammo each time it triggers, but since it takes two ammo to fire that seems like typical dumb wiki business.

s7Imn5J.png
  • gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular

The Eagle can be a better pistol than the Carnifex at equal levels, but no one has it that high. The Hurricane's clip size is even half of what it appears, since (for no apparent reason) it uses two rounds per shot, so really it's starting clip is 20. The wiki also claims that makes the heatsink super effective because it regenerates two ammo each time it triggers, but since it takes two ammo to fire that seems like typical dumb wiki business.

I guess it depends on whether the heatsink triggers once or twice when the two ammo is expended.

I'd assume once, but Bioware HAS made some rather baffling decisions in this game.

• chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    It's the one class I've found that has both offensive and defensive capabilities that match my weird playstyle.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • eahenryiieahenryii Registered User regular
    i think the shadow

properly played

is one of the best additions to the game

simply because the gameplay is different and interesting

and you can still be an asset

while not crouched behind cover next to your "friends"

i've resorted to reading your posts in William Shatner's voice.

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    gjaustin wrote: »

I guess it depends on whether the heatsink triggers once or twice when the two ammo is expended.

I'd assume once, but Bioware HAS made some rather baffling decisions in this game.

The heatsink would have to trigger twice for each two-ammo-shot, and then it would have to regenerate two ammo for each triggered regeneration for it to have any added benefit

I'm inclined to agree with SoundsPlush on the wiki business, but I haven't tested it

nor will I

ever

Theodore Floosevelt on
    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Oh. Guess I should log in and check the store. Dragons and family-business need priority, though.

Which powers would you put on custom-Lazarus Shep? Biotic Charge and Tactical Cloak seem obvious.

• envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Valiant IV. Ho hum. Still not playing snipers.

• Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular