As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 08/15/12 - Oh.

UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
edited August 2012 in Graphic Violence
SAGA #6 as always just a great read, with a nice cliffhanger ending that will make the (at least two months) wait seem even longer.
HAkNG.jpg

VvDbT.jpg

YDYLa.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #691 ends Slott's worst arc on a semi decent end. Also, the Hobgoblin Phil killed? It was Daniel Kingsley (the original Hobgoblin's brother), so the original Hobgoblin decides to come back.
oizze.jpg

jXtE5.jpg

VBALn.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
UltimateInferno on

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    What. The. Fuck. Did. Slott. Do.

• Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Is that woman cut in half?

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Is that woman cut in half?

That ghost is cut in half, yes.

SAGA #6 spoilers
    I really hope the Stalk isn't dead.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Daredevil #17, I was expecting more of a Marcos Martin vibe in Allred's appearance, but never really get that. It's a very straightforward flashback about another time Foggy and Matt fought. And Stilt-Man too, who kind of looks more like Octopus Man:

daredevil17a.jpg

daredevil17b.jpg

daredevil17c.jpg

Uncanny X-Force #29, Deadpool breaks the 4th wall for some good rants about Punisher and Kurt, as everyone talks with their future Minority Report selves

uncannyxforce29a.jpg

uncannyxforce29b.jpg

uncannyxforce29c.jpg

And then the reveal is that Old Logan and Old Betty are a thing which is all ewwwwww

TexiKen on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    that panel with "remeber that thing with zombie nixon" just sold me on that book again

this is my motw
    SECAVN2010034.jpg

SECRET AVENGERS is fucking awesome.

mummy thor
    frankencastle
    cap-wolf
    vampire wolverine looks a hell of lot like fucking dark claw

i can die happy

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Green Lantern #12 Sinestro improvises against the zombie army.
    7sxXO.jpg

KROKB.jpg

0Hq5j.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    that panel with "remeber that thing with zombie nixon" just sold me on that book again

this is my motw
    SECAVN2010034.jpg

mummy thor
    frankencastle
    cap-wolf

i can die happy

That's... probably the coolest thing I've ever seen.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Haven't read it yet but judging by the scans daily post...
    CHAOS PUNCH from AvsX 10 looks pretty sweet.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Haha. That bit with Kurt and Deadpool cracked me up.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    oh man

guess I gotta read x-force now

7656367.jpg
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    Man, Wonder Woman #12!
    Wonder Woman versus Artemis was rad. And it looks like her bracers are back to being a kind of power inhibitor like they used to be way back when, too!
    WonderWoman12MOTW01.jpg
    WonderWoman12MOTW02.jpg

And that's awesome. But then! THEN! THEN something happened that almost gave me a heart attack.

On the very last page of the issue.
    Motherfucking Orion?

WonderWoman12MOTW03.jpg

There is no font big enough to properly convey my YES to the internet

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    For a second there i thought they were bringing back exiles or "What If"

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    I frowned.

Antimatter wrote: »
    I frowned.

I hope you didn't frown at
    the likelihood of Orion showing up

or you and I will have words

I am frowning at
    Azarrello potentially writing the new gods.

edited August 2012
    words

ANGRY WORDS

Spectre-x on
  • TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Seconding the angry words

• JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    Oh, wow. That end to Wonder Woman is amazing and I hope it is what it looks like.

The scans in the OP from Saga are definitely my motw, but
    Dammit, don't let the ghost girl be 'dead'. I can take losing The Stalk don't take her away, too!

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    this is my motw
    SECAVN2010034.jpg

mummy thor
    frankencastle
    cap-wolf

i can die happy

Wow. OK, where exactly is that from? Secret Avengers? Do I have to pick that up, now? I got so burned out on Avengers books.

What is the setup for that incredible panel?

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I just realized that Mumm-Thor looks a lot like a Draughir from Skyrim, which is awesome.

• Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    Oh man, after just finishing my pull I can say I am with all the people that were thoroughly stoked by that last page in Wonder Woman.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

Seriously, that was a more funny Deadpool than most of Way's run. Who's doing X-Force, Remeder?

• Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »

Seriously, that was a more funny Deadpool than most of Way's run. Who's doing X-Force, Remeder?

Ya, he's been doing a pretty kick-ass job of it too.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Remender's X-Force is already an all-time classic x-men run

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    Man, Wonder Woman #12!
    Wonder Woman versus Artemis was rad. And it looks like her bracers are back to being a kind of power inhibitor like they used to be way back when, too!
    WonderWoman12MOTW01.jpg
    WonderWoman12MOTW02.jpg

And that's awesome. But then! THEN! THEN something happened that almost gave me a heart attack.

On the very last page of the issue.
    Motherfucking Orion?

WonderWoman12MOTW03.jpg

There is no font big enough to properly convey my YES to the internet

holy shit yes!

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Im not going to lie. Slott did good.
    I have no idea why it took this long for Curt Conners "Lizard". Like, im sure they did this before, right? Curing Curt of crazy Lizard and giving him full control is too goddamn good of an idea not to have happend.

Transporter on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I have no idea why it took this long for Curt Conners "Lizard". Like, im sure they did this before, right? Curing Curt of crazy Lizard and giving him full control is too goddamn good of an idea not to have happend.

Yeah, it's happened once or twice, it just never lasts.

But ever since Thunderbolts took off as a concept, I've wanted to see more and more villains turn hero and have brand new villains brought in.

H9f4bVe.png
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Yeah, it's happened once or twice, it just never lasts.

But ever since Thunderbolts took off as a concept, I've wanted to see more and more villains turn hero and have brand new villains brought in.

Interesting new villains would be great. Instead, we get people like Menace, Freak, and Paper Doll.

what about zero/one and the Skinless Man?

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    and Omegex and The Black Shroud and Crime Master and Jack O'Lantern and The Descendants and

CYpGAPn.png
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    That Wonder Woman thing doesn't make sense since she had her bracelets off in the first issue.

That Wonder Woman thing doesn't make sense since she had her bracelets off in the first issue.
    She wasn't fighting or in danger then

she probably has at least a little control over it

CYpGAPn.png
    edited August 2012
    Blankzilla wrote: »

She thought she was in danger and almost snapped Zola's neck.

Also, why would she be more powerful than Artemis without the bracelets? They're both children of Zeus but Artemis is a full god while Wonder Woman is only a demi-god with 1/2 or 3/4 divine bloodline.

And why did Artemis stop using her projectile attacks after Wonder Woman discarded her only defense against them? That seemed like a pretty dumb move for the Goddess of the Hunt.

KingofMadCows on
    and Omegex and The Black Shroud and Crime Master and Jack O'Lantern and The Descendants and

The Black Shroud?

Hensler wrote: »

The Black Shroud?
    Wasn't that his name?

The dude who Zero/One souped up to fight Rulk

Ah, sorry, Black Fog

CYpGAPn.png
    really, the last decade has been way better for villains than the 90s was

also Sinister is actually cool now

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

She thought she was in danger and almost snapped Zola's neck.

Also, why would she be more powerful than Artemis without the bracelets? They're both children of Zeus but Artemis is a full god while Wonder Woman is only a demi-god with 1/2 or 3/4 divine bloodline.

And why did Artemis stop using her projectile attacks after Wonder Woman discarded her only defense against them? That seemed like a pretty dumb move for the Goddess of the Hunt.

Ok am I missing something? Everybody seems to be implying that this comics says WW goes berserk without the braclets. I didn't see that. I saw her get stronger but she still seemed pretty in control.

Artemis implies herself why she didn't use the ranged weapons. She saw it as bad sport. She is arrogant enough to ignore what she thought was an instant win for a "fair" fight. Not that it mattered, I doubt they would hurt her then.

We don't really know whats up with the Braclets. I imagine that will be revealed in a later chapter. The braclets have always bound her in some ways though. In previous continuity they were given to the Amazons(who were the reincarnated souls of women abused or enslaved by men) as a reminder of their past and should they be bound together the Amazon would lose their powers.

So it probably has something to do with that.

Quire.jpg
    Artemis is the Goddess of the Hunt, she is often symbolized by the bow and arrow, why would she be against using ranged weapons? And why would she be arrogant? Again, she is the Goddess of the Hunt, has she never encountered a situation where a cornered and desperate prey enters into a state of berserker rage, gaining a sudden burst of speed and strength, and overwhelming the hunter? She should be fully aware of the dangers of lowering her guard in such a situation.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Artemis is the Goddess of the Hunt, she is often symbolized by the bow and arrow, why would she be against using ranged weapons? And why would she be arrogant? Again, she is the Goddess of the Hunt, has she never encountered a situation where a cornered and desperate prey enters into a state of berserker rage, gaining a sudden burst of speed and strength, and overwhelming the hunter? She should be fully aware of the dangers of lowering her guard in such a situation.

We are shown in the story that she is arrogant. She admits to it when WW calls her as such. If you don't agree that she should be so that's different argument.

When WW drops bracelets she asks curiously "Really, you strip yourself of your best defense?". That and the many mentions of her arrogance implies pretty heavily that she went in for melee because she thought it unsporting.

The Bolded seems to imply you think I was using her arrogance as the reason she lost? I am not. I couldn't say, but I find the very idea that a God should never be defeatable by a non-God boring.

Quire.jpg
    edited August 2012
    The fact that she is portrayed as arrogant is the problem because it doesn't make any sense for her to be arrogant in that situation given the fact that she is supposed to be the Goddess of the Hunt and would therefore know not to let her guard down when she's facing a cornered and desperate prey who also happens to be entering some state of enhanced strength and speed. That would be like if the Goddess of Accounting decided to wing it on the math when she's about to file her taxes.

And when did I say that a god shouldn't be defeated by a non-god?

KingofMadCows on