As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East 2013 Fitness Group!

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I went to Chickie's & Pete's tonight. Had a little crab fries. Was shared by a huge group. Also had some king crab legs. That was pretty much my meal of the day. I only had two bowls of Special K earlier. Now I am having a serving of pretzels (3 pts) and some strawberries. Having a diet dr. pepper, but it's whatever. I am pretty sure I was under my point total again today.

So, I have a hockey-ish situation concerning my jersey for my new league and I would love everyone's opinion. On the one sleeve we get a patch that says "In honor of" and then typically people put maybe a family member or something important to them on there. That is in theme with the team name as well, Philly Honor (which started as a women's team and is now having a men/co-ed team, doing charity games as well and etc etc etc).

I just feel like I play "in honor of" myself. I know that is selfish, but that is how I feel. Then I got thinking maybe I could put my PAX East 2012 patch on there instead. Right now I got thinking, why don't I put "PAX East Fitness" on the patch? It makes perfect sense. I started losing weight this year as a resolution. Once I started posting on the PAX part of the forums for East this year, I found all of you. The support on here is pretty amazing. Now I play ice hockey to better myself, something that everyone in here preaches to one another. Why not play in honor of the people that encourage me to better myself and change for the better?

Is that stupid to put on there or did I think of something sensible? PAX East Fitness? PAX East Fitness Group? PAX East FG? What would I get on there?

edit: Here is an example...
    314380_467255599960092_1827749790_n.jpg

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    That seems pretty cool. I'd say if you are worried about putting yourself (even if that is your motivation), then the PE FG is a neat alternative.

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
    I play in honor of skinny Redfield85. Haha.

Yea, I think I am going to do PAX East FG. I don't know what abbreviation I like or if I want it all written out.

Another day of not eating much by me. No good.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Didn't hit the gym today :( but did stuff a bundle of wedding invitations and started antibiotics without wanting to die ... I'll say it was a win for the day. Also, loving my new blackberry ginger balsamic vinegar. @Brakdor made awesome chicken with it, so now I'll just be sad that I can't buy it again until I get back to my grams in a year _-_

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Dropped another 2.9 pounds this week! I'm so very close to dropping down into the 220's and hitting my 90 pound mark. Hopefully this week will be good to me!
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I went to Chickie's & Pete's tonight. Had a little crab fries. Was shared by a huge group. Also had some king crab legs. That was pretty much my meal of the day. I only had two bowls of Special K earlier. Now I am having a serving of pretzels (3 pts) and some strawberries. Having a diet dr. pepper, but it's whatever. I am pretty sure I was under my point total again today.

Any crab meat is 1 point for 2 ounces (classic points), so you could eat an entire POUND of the actual crab meat for 8 points. This is excluding butter, of course.

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    Yea, I got the garlic/butter/sauce on the side. Only dipped maybe 3 times the whole meal. I was a good boy. Ha.

I love that I bought new clothes like last month and I think they are getting big on me already. I am tempted to by a large shirt to have and see where I stand.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Sadly not going to meet my 20-mile goal this week without putting in 7 miles on Friday AND Saturday ... wedding rehearsal dinner tomorrow then the actual wedding to attend Thursday. Should be fun, but alas, bumps my workout :P

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Got Run! Zombies yesterday, made the run a bit more fun and a little less hated.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    edited August 2012
    Just find out I average about 25k steps in an 8 hour shift and about 9k steps during cardio/gym time. So that's roughly 37k steps a day 5/6 days a week. x.x

EDIT: Just as a head's up, I lowballed the 37k depending on whether or not I'm running (also included the walking I do in day to day activities). I'm not THAT bad at math.

PayneTrayne on
    PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    Down .6lbs. Better than nothing!

bYf6vNQ.png
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    I'm alive! Unfortunately, so is my appetite! Find myself doing less tracking, running and logging, and more eating the last few months. I've managed to stay under 220, but am hovering around 218 (up from my low of 213). I'm walking, not running, on the treadmill now. Not sure what happened (some aches and pains slowed me down, but that's a lame excuse to use now), so I need to find my focus again. I still think I could hit 200 by the year's end, but I've lost a lot of cushion that I had built into that loss.

Time to get serious.

also, do any of you guys have XBL? I feel like I should be friends with you on there - not that I have any time for multiplayer gaming anymore, but, you know, just in case I find something that stops time for me ... and all of the people on my friends list.

Gamertag is, surprisingly, vttym.

I'm redfield85 on XBL.

You can no doubt hit 200 by the end of the year. I am at 215 right now and plan on hitting below 200 by November (hopefully). I plan on having a big party when I get below 200.

So, had ice hockey last night. Was going to watch a friend play in a tournament this weekend (which I declined to play in). Now I am playing in said tournament. I have a game tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday. Four days of ice hockey in a row? I am gonna collapse by Saturday. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Hit up a wedding yesterday ... waiting to weigh in until Monday :P need to get some exercising in tomorrow though @_@

I assume not everyone reads both Prime and East fitness group threads so I'ma leave this here.

A pretty decent comparison picture.

Nice!

• DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I assume not everyone reads both Prime and East fitness group threads so I'ma leave this here.

That is fantastic!

5I7JEDi.png
    edited August 2012
    I'm Chorazin on XBL/PSN, feel free to add me. I'm not on my modern consoles much right now (if you follow me on Twitter you'll see I'm heavy into retro for the time being), but that'll change when the big games come out in the fall.

Down 1.1 pounds this week, bringing me to a little over 95 pounds lost. :-D

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    edited August 2012
    Ok. I am officially getting "PAX East Fitness Group" on my "In Honor Of" patch on my hockey jersey. Feel special, everyone!
    Direwolf wrote: »

That is fantastic!

That is pretty awesome.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tried on my wedding dress over the weekend - not only does it fit, it is actually a little looser than planned! Excited. I was a nervous wreck in the morning, so that was a HUGE relief. Now just to get to my goal weight by the time I will be officially fitted into it in October!

edited August 2012
    Yay, goal weight. Do you have a lot more to go? I don't have an official goal weight for the year. I think just to get below 200lbs for the first time since maybe high school. Anything else is just a bonus. 15lbs shouldn't be hard for me for the rest of the year.

edit: By the way, I will have my jersey tomorrow. I'll be sure to get some pictures of the patch.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    overall I'd love to be about 10 lighter, but a comfortable 5 off for the wedding would be fine :) Working on toning up so I'll be honeymoon ready without changing too much between the October fitting and December wedding. sad that I accidentally deleted all the photos my buddy took of me in my dress for the first viewing, but at least my almost mother-in-law got a nice shot - so I can use that as reassurance that the dress already fits so long as I don't Gain ... or don't gain Too much :P

Cool news about the patch :)

Picture of the patch will be late. I got my number changed. :-X

bYf6vNQ.png
    edited August 2012
    Lost 2.8 in the past week. Haven't lost that big a chunk in awhile I think. I guess that is what 5 ice hockey games in a week will do for me. Haha.

Start (Jan 1): 256 lbs
    Current (Aug 23): 212.4 lbs
    Loss: -43.6 lbs

So, I need to lose 12.5 lbs to get below 200 lbs before November. I have 10 weeks (the start of the 11th being November 1st). That is about 1.25 lbs I need to lose per week. I will give myself maybe 11 weeks since my bday is November 6th. I figure I will be doing something that weekend and want to be able to talk constantly about how I am under 200 lbs. :-D

edit: Man, this thread has slowed so much. Guys, PAX East is like right around the corner! ;)

I know we discussed earlier in the summer about what is going on next year, but was anything ever officially decided on? Like, a healthy meal somewhere or just a meet up again (that I plan on making this time)?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    I'm up for a nice meal, depending on timing. For those who are into or working on running, I'd still like to arrange a casual 5K fun-run.
    Likely planning like crazy once I'm done getting wedding stuff taken care of :P

Down 2.1 pounds this week, getting so close to 100 pounds lost I can taste it!

Went to the store to buy jeans as my 40's were almost falling off me. Bought 36's, and figured they probably wouldn't fit very well yet and didn't bother trying them on. Put them on at home and they fit great, didn't even have to struggle to button them! :-) This means I've dropped from a 46 to a 36 so far.

I'm feeling awesome wearing these today!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • TryfanTryfan Registered User regular
    Haven't posted for a while in here... I tried a 1000 calorie deficit diet low in fat. I lost nothing. Exercise was very difficult because I didn't have a lot of energy, and this bulk wasn't going to move itself.

I started the Keto diet. Sorta like Atkins, only you eat <20g carbs all the time. 2 weeks later, I'm down 16 pounds. A lot of that is water weight. I have more energy than I've had in the last few years. It's worth a look, especially if a) you have a lot of weight to lose and/or b) you like steak and bacon.

PSN/XBL/Twitter: tryfan2k2 3DS: 0645-5860-0116
    Anyone in the Michigan area looking to do the Warrior Dash on September 15th?

Warrior Dash is so fun. Did it with a group of people last year. Missed it this year.

Just got done a little ago doing a workout with my cousin who is a fitness guru. I hated him so much but it was a great workout.

Used that floor/ladder thing. Ran through those, used it for pushups, did planks, some other things, and motha fuggginnn burpeees. Burpees can go to hell. Haha.

I also cooked chicken by myself for the first time, probably ever. Was gooooood. Also made a good salad yesterday (peppers, bacon, bruchetta or however you spell it, and some other stuff). Yay health.

My jersey patch reveal is delayed yet again as I got my jersey yesterday. The number was corrected...but the patch wasn't put on. Haha. I am destined to never wear this jersey.

Is it time for PAX East yet?

bYf6vNQ.png
    I was hoping to do a Warrior Dash at some point ... just gotta figure out timing :P

And yay for the cooking badge :)

Can't wait for PAX @_@

redfield85 wrote: »
    I also cooked chicken by myself for the first time, probably ever. Was gooooood. Also made a good salad yesterday (peppers, bacon, bruchetta or however you spell it, and some other stuff). Yay health.

Awesome man, learning to cook healthy for yourself is a valuable skill! If you have a Trader Joe's near you, i cannot recommend their marinated chicken enough for an easy meal.

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    playing a drinking game for labor day weekend, will need to exercise extra hard to burn off the calories :P

ishtra wrote: »
    playing a drinking game for labor day weekend, will need to exercise extra hard to burn off the calories :P

I didn't drink, but I am sure I wasn't too responsible with my eating (although I think I did less of it in general).

bYf6vNQ.png
    5 miles done today, despite the heavy rain :P getting back in gear

Oiy. Gained this week. I blame my weekend in Ohio. Gotta get back on track. :-\

bYf6vNQ.png
  • GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    New to thread,

Right now I am 240Lbs at 5'8'', but I used to be 258lbs. I've changed my diet to include more greens, less soda and greasy food. And as for exercise I signed up to a gym and mainly doing cardio and upper body with muscle toning.

My goal is to reach 200lbs by January with ultimate goal of 180lbs if possible.

mYPBAfl.jpg
    Welcome! I pretty much have the same goals as you. Ha. Awesome. I want to try for 200lbs by November. January is my "if I have to" date. Keep it up!

bYf6vNQ.png

welcome :) Sounds like a plan.

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    New to thread,

Welcome to the group! 245 to 200 in 4 months is aggressive, but attainable. Just make sure it's healthy weight loss - 10+ pounds a month might happen in month one or two, but you should expect to lose less weight as you get closer to your goal, and not get frustrated by that.

Then again, you could just blow it out of the water, and hit 180 by December. Who knows what you're capable of ;) Good luck to you, keep us posted!

vttym wrote: »
    ...10+ pounds a month might happen in month one or two, but you should expect to lose less weight as you get closer to your goal, and not get frustrated by that.

IMO, this is the hardest part (when getting close to your goal). I dropped weight like a bad habit (ZING!) in the beginning. Now I fluctuate, slowly going down and down. Just keep pounding it out.

bYf6vNQ.png
    back into the walking-at-lunch thing... still had some treats, that'll be step 2.

This discussion has been closed.