As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] Stitch n' Bitch

punziepunzie Cookie PimpRegistered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX West
Nerdy knitters, crotcheters, and other fibrous crafters!
Shall we get together to craft and chat? Personally, I don't get much knitting done at these (I can't keep count while talking :P), but I enjoy conversing and seeing everyone else's projects.

Crafters of all skill levels and types are welcome. Even if you haven't started yet, maybe some nice PAXer will help teach you and get you started. Knitting and crochet needles are TSA approved. Done be afraid to bring them on the plane.

Place/time:
12:30 Sunday afternoon in front of the juice bar on the second floor (behind the escalators).

HI3789R.png
Moe Fwacky on

• LigerLiger Registered User regular
    Just so you know, Juice It! moved to the 2nd floor a couple of years ago. It's still behind the escalators, in a lobby-type area with tables and chairs. I'll try to stop by if I'm off duty when you meet. :)

5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Fixed. Thanks for the correction. I've only been there twice so my memory can be off a bit.

HI3789R.png
  • jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    I think the area outside Juicy Cafe is technically part of Tabletop, but the odds there will be available tables is reasonably high.

--Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    When the time and place are set, I'll be there with bells on! (Provided that I have any knitting needles left after I turn the majority into TWDT wands.)

• DuelLadySDuelLadyS Registered User regular
    Awww man... so tempting to pack cross-stitch now... especially if someone can give me tips for color-swapping my kit. I've stitched for years, but I've never altered a pattern before, so I'm half-afraid to screw it up.

• craigumscraigums Registered User regular
    Ok, I had to post this in here, I decided to make a blog about video game scarves (I was upset no one told me there were TF2 scarves, so I decided someone needed to make a blog discussing video game scarves) If you make any video game related scarves let me know I would love to snap a few pictures for the blog! videogamescarves.tumblr.com :)

• alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    I'll put this on my list. Not sure if I'll have knitting or spinning with me. Probably both.

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • chzdudlchzdudl Registered User regular
    I'm in.

• FreTrollyFreTrolly Registered User new member
    I'm in too! :) time to embroider some PAX stuff.

• ElgaladwenElgaladwen Registered User regular
    Oh man, I never bring any of my projects to PAX, because I always have so much other stuff going on, but I need to one of these years. Either way, I may have to come by and ogle other people's projects.

OddishSmallSprite.gif
    Be the very best. Like no one ever was. http://paxpokemonleague.net
  • liasaliasa Registered User regular
    Sounds fun. Depending on what else is going on, I might stop by.

• FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    It's been forever since I had a chance to sit down and do some cross stitch! (Was thinking of doing a project for my Mom for Christmas.) Might have to stop by.

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    Always have project(s) with me on trips. I may restrain myself to two this time. >.< I even have a bag that hangs from my belt so as to minimize shoulder carrying. I use it at RenFaires. So I'm, obviously, in. Was there any doubt, Punzie?

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    So... I'm going to be completely slammed but it's tempting to bring...

poopy ducks.

They're ducks. You crochet them and fill them full of peanut m&ms. Then you squeeze the duck and...

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • itchbayitchbay Self-Rescuing Princess Registered User regular
    chzdudl wrote: »
    I'm in.

We should coordinate crafting projects!

Not *that* kind of princess.
    No one's thrown out any time suggestions yet. How about 12:30 on Sunday? I think that's just enough time to get back form brunch (ladies), craft for an hour, and rush over to trey and grab a spot for the NASA panel. Thoughts?

HI3789R.png
    Hey, right now every plan I make is "assuming I've lost the Omegathon by now..."

So if the luck of the Golden gods shines upon me, I might be scrapping darn near everything anyway. so, y'know, whenever.

Decided to go ahead and get going on this, just so I have a project underway to pack. I put it off becuase I'm altering the pattern to better match this guy that I did a couple years ago.

I figure I might grab a couple of the lil' butterfly kits we've got at work on the cheap right now, just in case anyone wants to learn. :D

• LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    I knit jewellery with wire and beads, if I have room in my case for some stuff I may well bob along after the brunch.

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    For any knitters flying in: TSA allows needles (even metal ones) in your carry-on. Just don't do what I did and try to carry on your pack of 30 interchangeable needles. It tends to slow down the security lines...

5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
    12:30 on Sunday is fine, I'll be late because I'm going to Wil's panel at 11:30am. Of course, this is cutting into my brunch time, which sucks. *sigh*

Rw4xnu6.png
  • nil8rnil8r SeattleRegistered User regular
    What a great idea - I'd love to join

--Mel

signature.png
    edited August 2012
    @alegria: good luck getting in there! In 2010, once the crowd for the previous panel was let in, the line for Wheaton's panel was instantly over 1/2 full. I want to go too but figured I'd have to be there around 10 (when brunch starts).

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • SiLlYxAzNSiLlYxAzN Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Count me in! I really want to finish this scarf I've been holding off for a really long time and I like meeting new people. So I will most definitely be there :)

punzie wrote: »
    @alegria: good luck getting in there! In 2010, once the crowd for the previous panel was let in, the line for Wheaton's panel was instantly over 1/2 full. I want to go too but figured I'd have to be there around 10 (when brunch starts).

Yep, I was part of that insta-line last year. The year before that, a friend who was an Omeganaut got me in. This year, I have....plans. ;)

Rw4xnu6.png
    OK- picked up 4 mini-butterfly kits, so if a non-stitcher happens by and wants to learn cross stitch (or if someone just wants to branch out), I can accomodate. :D

Not sure how long I'll be there though, since the Magic panel starts at 1:30. Even if I use my omega-powers, that only gives me about half an hour tops to hang out. :(

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I... Want to learn to make crochet pooping ducks.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    No one seems to object to the time, so I'm officially stating this will be at 12:30 on Sunday.

HI3789R.png
  • GameRabbitGameRabbit Registered User regular
    Yay! Will be there, knitting supplies in hand.

So, just curious... I was in the area from 12:30 to 1 before having to run for my next panel, and found a whopping 2 people crafting up anything. Did things pick up after I left?

I missed out entirely. :( Wil's panel went until about 12:40pm, and since I was sitting up front in the beanbags, I didn't even get out of the Sheraton until almost 1pm. By that point I walked over with a friend and he invited me to lunch, so that was that. Sorry!

Rw4xnu6.png
This discussion has been closed.