As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]Taste the rainbow VERY SOON in the new thread.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    strestest-1.png

I mean I could be crazy but I'm pretty sure that's more detailed than last stress test

Edit: changed image to one with an asura in it, because asura have adorable little high res faces

override367 on
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Woo buffs to my axe/DS necro

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    is there a list of all the changes in this build somewhere?

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Well, I'm sold on asura. (Sound lags a bit, dunno why.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDoZPkB8vvY

• TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    It's over.

Now to figure out what to do for nine more days.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    none of these betas or stress tests have helped me choose between Warrior and Guardian. they each have different cool stuff that I really like. guardian has a lot of flashy stuff, lots of ways to deny areas and fuck stuff up. they still do a lot of damage. warriors are just brute force, lots of powerful options with banners and shouts, plus they have rifles and rifles are fantastic.

guardians can breathe fire though.

Are you the magic man?
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Is there anywhere we can go to find a list of example names for characters that fit the lore / general naming conventions? I just want to make sure that what I have in mind and what the lore would dictate are copacetic. Just 'cause I have nothing else to think about in terms of GW2 right now.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I got a near-black dye, so I took a ton of screenshots to show it off. I enabled a weird screenshot function, and apparently all of my screenshots are 3D. I don't have any 3D glasses. So...

What is this I don't even.
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    This stress test confirmed that Phantasm and crit build for my Mesmer at launch. Pissed off a good number of my friends in PvP with the sheer amount of illusions, heh.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    is there a list of all the changes in this build somewhere?

The list would be very very long.

Prolly gonna be a bunch of them on guru though.

• HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Conditions necro works pretty much as expected.

Now I'm torn because I want to main charr, but I wanted a sylvari necro!

Choices, choices.

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    grizwhirl . . . grizwhirl . . . grizwhirl

• SuperdupeSuperdupe Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Only got about 30min on this stress test but had a bunch of fun trying out a condition necro build.

Does anyone know if there is a way to see where an asura gate leads without standing practically on top of it? Hovering over it on the map doesn't work, hovering over the actual gate doesn't work unless you're like 10 feet away...They asked us to go to Divinity's Reach to stress that area and coming from Lion's Arch I had to check like 6 different portals before I found the right one.

Superdupe on
    steam_sig.png
    Alright, yeah, I have to show off this dye:

sm8W6.jpg

• warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    is it over?

Damn. Stupid lousy job. Haven't made the last few stress tests.

warder808 on
    steam_sig.png
    Huggles wrote: »
    Conditions necro works pretty much as expected.

Now I'm torn because I want to main charr, but I wanted a sylvari necro!

Choices, choices.

well, if it helps i am going to be a sylvari condition necro

• IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    It's over.

My friends and I started a marathon game of Civ on a giant map. That maaaaaaay have been overkill.

I can't get over how awesome wuvwuv is. Three of us just ninja'd into a keep by taking down a side wall and and flanking the defenders.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Playing my Warrior, I'm starting to think I prefer ranged to melee in this game. But maybe that's just cause dodging in melee is too hard. :P

Did a pretty fun world event in the Ascalon City Ruins after the build reset. Blew up a trebuchet by myself, then ran around for a bit while other people took out two other areas and then I hit the last area. Then a boss showed up and it was like three or four of us against him and I just kept hitting him with the vulnerability shot while kitting him around.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    It's over.

My friends and I started a marathon game of Civ on a giant map. That maaaaaaay have been overkill.

You did what? You need to wait nine days, not nine years.

Oh well. Had a lot of fun as a greatsword warrior playing sPvP. My main will probably be an elementalist, though.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • MortifiedPenguinMortifiedPenguin Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    Playing my Warrior, I'm starting to think I prefer ranged to melee in this game. But maybe that's just cause dodging in melee is too hard. :P

I'm actually having the opposite feeling with the warrior. I know the rifle does fantastic damage, but I find myself wanting to simply go in and smash things. I'm actually trying to make a new warrior build and I feel dirty not having the rifle in there.

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    Is there anywhere we can go to find a list of example names for characters that fit the lore / general naming conventions? I just want to make sure that what I have in mind and what the lore would dictate are copacetic. Just 'cause I have nothing else to think about in terms of GW2 right now.

I was going to type it all out, but I found a nice guide on Tyrian names at a GW2 RP site which goes into more detail than I could have anyway.

http://guildwars2roleplay.wikispaces.com/Naming+Conventions

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    Man forget those noob builds, dagger/pistol + pistol/dagger for life! Current iteration now looks like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fYAQRAoa6YlUmSO3cS6E95Ex2DeGUh6fgs9Mua8B;TwAA2CnoqxUjoGbNuak1syYkx+i5FA

Who knows what it'll end up looking like by the time live hits :P

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
    One thing I will say from my short, low framerate play session

I should not have started a human thief

I picked a race I didn't think I would like and a class I didn't care about because "oh, I don't want to spoil anything or get the wrong impression of a class I wanted to play"

this was a mistake, because after an hour I was like MAN THIEVES ARE AWESOME which means I may need to make one

• florada34florada34 Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to main warrior now D: PvE dual rifle mass signet build. PvP my mace+shield/hammer shout support build.

LoL summoner name: Kamikazi34
    PS4: Kamikazi34Agny
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    HamHamJ wrote: »

That's what I found with my mesmer too. Ended up just shooting pretty pink lasers outta my greatsword, barely even touched my sword and pistol.

And yes, @Rainfall, people hate mesmers that have 3 or 4 means to stealth.

Mx. Quill on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    One thing I will say from my short, low framerate play session

I should not have started a human thief

I picked a race I didn't think I would like and a class I didn't care about because "oh, I don't want to spoil anything or get the wrong impression of a class I wanted to play"

this was a mistake, because after an hour I was like MAN THIEVES ARE AWESOME which means I may need to make one

I'm pretty much resigned to having eight mains. Just trying to limit myself to focusing on three to start.

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Was using this build and having an amazing time. That vulnerability stacks up so damn fast D:

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Come hell, high water, or finding out that Guardian is so spectacularly fun to play that I'm willing to put up with putting a character who is supposed to be an effete prettyboy in clanking armor, I will be maining a sylvari Mesmer. (With one of everything else on the side in case I get bored or want to play something else for a while.)

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    I gave engineer a shot today ran

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fcEQJAqelspya3zSdF17IRoC3H0DAX37K6xjpslB

decked with with toughness, vitality, and a bit of power/condition damage. While I would like to say I was lord death or murder mountain, the truth is I barely killed anyone. Which is probably one of my complaints is while there are a ton of queues to indicate when stuff happens to you, not everything the enemy is doing is always easy to pick up. Such as why is this guy invulnerable, or how did the stealth guy just stealth in the middle of a cone of flames. It will probably get easier when i know more. Damage remained abysmal as a full burst of the flamethrower was only doing about 1k. I never really got the impression i was hurting anyone as i even though i was baking them their health would not seem to move as it was a very slow grind to get anyone down unless they were really squishie .

By the reverse I became really, really hard to kill. Unless you had 2-3 people focusing on me I was just not going to go down. Do a supply drop on a point, grab the flamethrower and this ground is mine, get the fuck off it. No i wont be stunned, knock backed, or any of that nonsense. The best part is comboing with the bombs, as you can do a quick swap to bombs and start dropping them all over before going back to flamethrower. Now people either really get the hell off the point or get blown the hell up.

Couple times i just went to enemy spawns to be a dick and slow their reinforcements.

Oh major failing I found is that the engineer "kill this downed player" isnt me pointing my pistol at them before shooting them execution style.

• RendRend Registered User regular
    Detharin wrote: »
    Oh major failing I found is that the engineer "kill this downed player" isnt me pointing my pistol at them before shooting them execution style.

Killing me won't bring her back.

I stacked survivability REALLY high, and while I was really hard to kill I didn't do much damage. This apparently surprises me.

You don't say?

Kupi wrote: »
    putting a character who is supposed to be an effete prettyboy in clanking armor

this is the exact reason I am playing a sylvari warrior

• CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Today, I learned:

-I love Vulnerability so much. I remade my old Death Shroud necro, chased people around while spamming Life Blast, and watched the damage numbers climb and climb and climb. I had just figured out that Vulnerability would be decent (it took me a while to decode exactly how good it was), and then they go and make it much easier to understand. :lol:

-Glass cannons, at least the way I play them, are not viable without someone else to support me. I do way too much damage and I get hunted down way too fast.

-ArenaNet loves me. They changed Merciless Hammer and made my hammer warrior build so much better. Instead of increasing hammer damage by 50% to knocked down foes, the trait now increases damage to disabled foes. Mmmm. Clearly, my bribe to WaM paid off.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
    edited August 2012
    Rend wrote: »

Ain't that a shame.

Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I stacked survivability REALLY high, and while I was really hard to kill I didn't do much damage. This apparently surprises me.

You don't say?

Well considering the limited gear options i had available to me, i mean we are talking 6 signets, 1 accessory, and an accessory signet. It was not like i was sitting on 0 damage as i think i was running around 1200 power. Practically no crit, or crit damage. My point is that i was not seeing a lot of gain in damage from the points that were spent. Either i need to stack the hell out of crit to get better results, or flamethrowers just have absolutely terrible damage output. However from a spammable POV it was massively outdamaging my pistol auto attack. I think the hardest i hit anyone with anything was 1400.

Detharin on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular

You don't say?

The opposite weakness of the 100 Blades Warrior build :lol:

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil

But it will make me feel better.

You don't say?

Well considering the limited gear options i had available to me, i mean we are talking 6 signets, 1 accessory, and an accessory signet. It was not like i was sitting on 0 damage as i think i was running around 1200 power. Practically no crit, or crit damage. My point is that i was not seeing a lot of gain in damage from the points that were spent. Either i need to stack the hell out of crit to get better results, or flamethrowers just have absolutely terrible damage output. However from a spammable POV it was massively outdamaging my pistol auto attack. I think the hardest i hit anyone with anything was 1400.

Ah, yeah. Flamethrower is not a damage weapon, it's a survivability weapon.

Well its definitely awesome at it. In playing around i dont think i found a "pure damage" weapon. On the other hand running into the middle of groups, doing a supple drop, dropping a ton of bombs, and burning everything around me as i scramble to stay alive long enough for the heal pot to light up again was rather amusing.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular

But it will make me feel better.

You don't say?

Yep. You carry flamethrower to slip into it for it's skills and use the toolbelt. Don't stick in it it provides far less DPS output than your main hand will.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited August 2012

Well its definitely awesome at it. In playing around i dont think i found a "pure damage" weapon. On the other hand running into the middle of groups, doing a supple drop, dropping a ton of bombs, and burning everything around me as i scramble to stay alive long enough for the heal pot to light up again was rather amusing.

Use this, and choose Engineer for initiator and finisher. The amount of combos you can do as an Engineer is crazy. http://mastodonte.fr/outils/tool-combo#en

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
This discussion has been closed.