As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]Taste the rainbow VERY SOON in the new thread.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Man.

Looking over the changes, it feels like they kicked everyone's healing skills in the balls.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    Man.

Looking over the changes, it feels like they kicked everyone's healing skills in the balls.

yeah I did a double take when I saw this
    Elixir H Healing: 552.2239. -> Healing: 120.

cut it to a fifth of the power

wuuuut

• warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    So did they mention if there will be a Build List utility that has all various builds saved up so you can quickly/easily switch around?

steam_sig.png
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Detharin wrote: »
    Random question, does switching kits count as switching weapons for the effects of sigils that proc when you swap weapons?

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: "switching weapons" only counts when you actually switch weapons. That's a non-starter for engineers and elementalists. On every OTHER class, it's the tilde key (by default).
    Caedere wrote: »
    On another note, I want very much to try this out next chance I get:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQJAUUjcOpuxO2OQxBE0DrILEQzjfwIIiTBAE;ToAA1Cto2yslYL7WutkbtEZIC

It's a warrior based around Retaliation - basically, a honeypot. :mrgreen: You camp out with your rifle and start raining down heavy hits. This leads to thieves and other crit-based roles trying to sneak up on you for MASSIVE DAMAGE. They crit, and since you have way more HP than they do, they ideally should almost kill themselves from attacking you. It sounds hilarious, and I'm curious to see if it works.

I picture a big norn character, just standing there and laughing while a thief tries to stab over and over again, and then once the thief is spent, she just beats the shit out of him. "PUNY HUMAN, YOU THINK YOU CAN HURT ME?"

This is my mesmer strategy. Build a very defensive class that pops a ton of Confusion effects, spawn a few phantasms (that actually do real damage) and simply do my best to not die. I have a feeling it will make enemy thieves and burst warriors go "Uh, I think I'll go attack someone else. Seeya!"

Stupid on

26904.png
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »
    OK @Vivixenne, I'll take a poke at a build description:
    [N] Epidemic

Condition-based necromancer

Objective: Stacking long-duration, high-damage bleeds on a single target, as well as other conditions, then using Epidemic to spread those conditions around the other team.

Use: Scepter autoattack deals ~110dpt ~15s bleeds and maintains poison on a single target. Scepter 2 is an 8s AoE cripple (and a bleed) on a 10s cooldown. Concept is to load conditions, including large DoT, on a single target then spread them around to all their friends with Epidemic. Corrupt Boon converts all buffs on a target into corresponding conditions; Plague Signet transfers conditions from you to the target, and also sucks conditions from teammates when passive. Dagger 4 is another way to transfer your conditions to an enemy. Consume Conditions is taken as a heal first to counteract the self-inflicted conditions from the Corruptions, second to take advantage of sucking conditions from you allies and third to clear conditions from you when under fire; it translates to an awful lot of healing. Scepter 3 is used as often as possible to further punish a target under many conditions, and also to build life force in case death shroud is required to survive. Plague is taken as the elite because conditions and survivability.

Second weapon set used only for mobility and escape. Traits give a speed boost whilst wielding daggers and Warhorn 5 is another speed buff. Dagger 2 gives a lifedrain (stacking with trait effects); Dagger 3 is an immobilise; Dagger 4 is an cone-AoE daze. This (ideally) incapacitates attackers giving you room to get back.

Crit effects are supported as secondary to condition duration since 30 is taken in Curses. Effects include two more seperate instances of bleed and a health siphon which stacks with health siphon per normal hit.

That looking about right? Criticism welcome.

@Huggles - http://gw2nice.tumblr.com/post/29527736346/n-epidemic

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    what I need to make that tumblr cooler-looking is a flat header (about 80px in height) for each class

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I might get to work on that once I have internet back at home

My problem, is that I sit around and dream up builds all day when I have the time, but none are playtested

the tumblr thing can just be a build-dump, and feedback can be posted via comments (a functionality which I can certainly add)

builds can be rendered obsolete (or rated on effectiveness) with a simple tag or title change, too

like I said, this isn't meant to be a resource as much as it is a quick and easy way to find builds that have been posted

so if you guys have a build you want to save for easy discussion, post it here and tag me

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Man.

Except Ether Feast.

*smug*

• CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    Man.

Except Ether Feast.

*smug*

The mesmer Mantra of Recovery is actually pretty damn good now - the two heals together heal better than the one heal did before.

FWnykYl.jpg
    edited August 2012
    @Vivixenne, since @huggles posted the Condition necro build we worked on, here is one of my other builds I am interested in
    [W] The Claymore

High-mobility critical hit based greatsword warrior

Objective: Single out and destroy one enemy as quickly as possible, making use of movement effects, stability, immobilize, and fury.

Use: The greatsword's first two chain autoattacks apply vulnerability. Greatsword 4 Cripples opponents, and 5 dashes to a target. Greatsword 2 does large damage to multiple targets, and extra damage if they all connect. The goal here is to choose a target, Rush them (greatsword 5), immobilize them with Bolas (or sylvari's racial ability) which builds Fury, make them vulnerable, pop your signet and cut them to pieces with your greatsword. Switch between the two greatswords whenever possible to take advantage of the guaranteed critical hit, which means you can proc the passive "on crit" traits (+swiftness, +bleeding, +might). You also gain adrenaline and might for weapon swapping. If fury is up you are looking at around an 84% chance to crit depending on your adrenaline level (86% for one level, 89% for 2 levels, and a whopping 93% for three levels). Plus you have 44% bonus crit damage. If they hit you with control abilities, pop balanced stance to get free, or use rush/bull's charge to free yourself from immobilizes thanks to your traits. Your burst skill is only really there to give yourself fury, as you actually benefit from keeping adrenaline high (+damage +critical hit chance based on adrenaline). Healing surge was taken to build adrenaline, but you could easily swap it with mending to remove conditions.

Don't be afraid to blow all your cooldowns to kill one enemy- if you have to save one, save Bull's charge to catch the next target.

That looking about right? Criticism welcome.
    [/quote]

Arch on
    edited August 2012
    Vivixenne on
  • GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    cant0r wrote: »
    @Arch I was just browsing the wiki's "Recent Changes" and noticed the command line args page. Apparently adding "-perf" will cause the client to display a few different performance stats.

I've had that on since BWE3, and haven't noticed any changes or additional stats. But maybe I'm missing something.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Man.

Except Ether Feast.

*smug*

The mesmer Mantra of Recovery is actually pretty damn good now - the two heals together heal better than the one heal did before.

Still not as good as Ether Feast. Unless (as Kai notes) you're looking for an insta-heal. Traited Mantra vs. traited illusions, it's still the same. Ether Feast heals for more (over time) vs. Recovery's instant pop-ability.

26904.png
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Enig wrote: »
    Slowly working on a support Thief build that will put out all sorts of stealths, blinds and buffs. Think it might be pretty fun with allies.

My most current build of this type of thief:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fYQQNAsaVlUmSPHfy9E+5EB3DjyUk6VgsdPwKX1KA;TsAA1CtosxYjwGrNObk2sAZsxsAA

Really like the look of this build. Those traits just synergize really well.

I also love that you can go a completely different route for a support thief. A rough outline of a venom-spewing support thief, taking advantage of the 'applying a venom gives the venom to nearby allies' trait: Too many venoms, not enough skill slots. Needs work, because 4 venoms is almost certainly more than I'd need, but I hate to cut one.

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    It seems like they standardized the healing skills to around 75-150 healing balanced by cooldowns, secondary effects, and downsides (such as HoT or losing signet).

Also they buffed Thief off-hand dagger, which pleases me greatly. The changes to sword and sword+pistol have me reconsidering that weapon set.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    what I need to make that tumblr cooler-looking is a flat header (about 80px in height) for each class

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I might get to work on that once I have internet back at home

gonna insist that Kate make us a header using the official font and junk when she gets a break at work (which will probably be never, considering how soon launch is)

edited August 2012
    Bobble wrote: »
    Slowly working on a support Thief build that will put out all sorts of stealths, blinds and buffs. Think it might be pretty fun with allies.

My most current build of this type of thief:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fYQQNAsaVlUmSPHfy9E+5EB3DjyUk6VgsdPwKX1KA;TsAA1CtosxYjwGrNObk2sAZsxsAA

Really like the look of this build. Those traits just synergize really well.

I also love that you can go a completely different route for a support thief. A rough outline of a venom-spewing support thief, taking advantage of the 'applying a venom gives the venom to nearby allies' trait: Too many venoms, not enough skill slots. Needs work, because 4 venoms is almost certainly more than I'd need, but I hate to cut one.

Thanks! Here's an example of just how well they synergize:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMUAL1xk-mw

BEHOLD! More of my half-assed playing ability! I have a lot of fun with this build, though.

I have some more match footage, but it's still processing. :lol:

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    They could be just changing the scaling on them so they start off lower... using heal at level 1 was about 70% of your health, and by level 10 it was ~15%.

CripTonic on
    0liDg.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    It seems like they standardized the healing skills to around 75-150 healing balanced by cooldowns, secondary effects, and downsides (such as HoT or losing signet).

Also they buffed Thief off-hand dagger, which pleases me greatly. The changes to sword and sword+pistol have me reconsidering that weapon set.

Changes in a good way or a bad way? I was planning on either sword/dagger or dagger/dagger anyway, just curious what changes were made.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • MortifiedPenguinMortifiedPenguin Registered User regular
    So they nerfed healing? I was wondering why it seemed like my heals were doing almost nothing for me.

Playing my engineer so many things felt off, though I did see a lot of guardians so maybe my condition build just didn't hold up as well.

• cant0rcant0r Registered User regular
    Geod wrote: »
    cant0r wrote: »
    @Arch I was just browsing the wiki's "Recent Changes" and noticed the command line args page. Apparently adding "-perf" will cause the client to display a few different performance stats.
    I've had that on since BWE3, and haven't noticed any changes or additional stats. But maybe I'm missing something.
    Arch was wondering how to display FPS in-game. I was just pointing out the somewhat obscure option to enable that feature, which you've apparently been enjoying for a while already. So, nope, nothing to miss :)

"The mutha 'ucka runs a racist 'uking grocery / The mutha 'ucka won't sell an apple to a Kiwi"
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    Changes for anybody who hasn't seen them yet: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/720-stress-test-changes-skills-traits-recipes-achievements/

Was wondering why playing my Guardian felt harder than the last stress test. :?

• PaiPai Ghost in the Machine Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Alright, yeah, I have to show off this dye:
    sm8W6.jpg

A light-colored trim of some kind would really make it pop, imo. Maybe cream or silver.

re: art assets for the tumblr page, which I'm really just screwing around with more than anything

does anyone have class icons or small (25x25) square pics representing each class that I can use/borrow?

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    the ones i put on teamspeak are 10x10, i pulled the sources of those from the wiki.

wiki has them in 20px size http://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=File:Guardian_tango_icon_20px.png&redirect=no

here you go 48px: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=File:Guardian_tango_icon_48px.png&redirect=no

List of tango icons: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Tango_icons

If the link redirects you to the class page click the text under the title to cancel the redirect and get to the source page.

Draygo on
  • CyrondinCyrondin I bring the sick beats on you, brother Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I made a engy flamethower tanky spec. i hope you people aprove it. :)

EDIT: forgot to link http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fcAQJAqelIqSXHwSrF17ISIF4nEC6hdVX3lIFVWjB;ToAA2CoomyMlYK7UupkTNCYGA

Cyrondin on
    @Klyka Hey, check out the video I just posted when you get a sec. I wanna hear how it compares to YOUR Batman thief.

FWnykYl.jpg
    cheers Draygo!

So, I looked about on reddit earlier and found something that made me feel better- people with rigs that beat the pants off of my machine were having my mysterious framerate issue during the stress test

Apparently the game was pulling on their CPU instead of the GPU, and for someone like me only rocking a dual core (granted each core pushes 2.4 ghz) it can lead to some framerate issues

So lets hope this is not the case during release! I want to be able to PVP!

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Metrica Province completely tanked my framerate. It was fine everywhere else.

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Changes in a good way or a bad way? I was planning on either sword/dagger or dagger/dagger anyway, just curious what changes were made.

Via: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/720-stress-test-changes-skills-traits-recipes-achievements/

Crippling Strike (3rd attack in attack #1 chain) now also applies weakness
    Infiltrator's Strike (attack #2) now applies a brief immobilize, but the initiative cost was increased from 2 to 3
    Pistol Whip (attack #3 with sword+pistol) damage increased and stun time doubled (now 0.5s.. I thought the 0.25s was just too short to be useful)
    Tactical Strike (sword stealth skill) daze duration doubled (now 2s)

I didn't like sword+pistol when I tried it in BWE2, but the buffs to crippling strike, pistol whip and tactical strike are making me consider trying it again.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    How well do Mesmers perform in PVE? I know at least a couple of my friends are interested in them, but we'll be PVE first and PVP second. I'd prefer avoiding having to replay lower level zones with them because they decided the class felt underwhelming and/or useless due to most of their kit being designed around PVP.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    They're perfectly fine in PvE*. Phantasms are nearly useless in any event where there's a lot of low health mobs constantly spawning, but against anything else they aint no worse or better than the other classes.

*excluding weird beta bugs and balance wonkiness

reVerse on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    All of everyone's kit is designed around PvP.

Engineer? More like PvPwngineer.

If anyone was curious what the Mistfire Wolf was like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdI33E96ZxM

Look at that pay-to-win bullshit. He took out those orc like nothing, obviously this means the wolf will completely imbalance PvP and give CE owners an unreasonable edge in PvE. Fuck Anet and their greedy Korean overlords. Bullshit Nexon cash shop shit.

reVerse wrote: »
    Look at that pay-to-win bullshit. He took out those orc like nothing, obviously this means the wolf will completely imbalance PvP and give CE owners an unreasonable edge in PvE. Fuck Anet and their greedy Korean overlords. Bullshit Nexon cash shop shit.

reVerse I will hit you with a salmon.

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    @Klyka Hey, check out the video I just posted when you get a sec. I wanna hear how it compares to YOUR Batman thief.

Will do in a bit.
    Edit: Ok I watched it. It's very different from my Thief. I'm not a big fan of pistol in off-hand. Your utility skills are cool, I dabbled with them too, but I like using my venoms to damage/immobilize and also heal myself.
    With dagger in off-hand I don't really need a stealth utility skill, I have cloak & dagger (which even had it's cost lowered now! YES!) for that.
    I like using the shortbow in WvWvW but so far it hasn't really clicked with me in sPvP.
    Also, I really should have taken a video by now but I keep forgetting! From your video it's pretty clear that we have a very different playstyle, so it's hard to compare!

Also, all you Thieves, you know you can't cap a point in stealth, right?

Edit: And another thing: FUCK HEARTSEEKER. That skill is so bugged, holy shit. I swear, 3 out of 5 times it misses.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
This discussion has been closed.