As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2]Taste the rainbow VERY SOON in the new thread.

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular

Arthil wrote: »
    If anyone was curious what the Mistfire Wolf was like...

The end of that video was a little disappointing, I was hoping she'd punt Mini-Charr for great justice.

Also, how viable would a Banner/Shout Warrior build be? Sword/Warhorn. I need to go soon, but I'll add a build link later in the day. Was thinking of trying to build kinda a LOTRO Captain for WvWvW.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »
    Caedere wrote: »
    @Klyka Hey, check out the video I just posted when you get a sec. I wanna hear how it compares to YOUR Batman thief.

Will do in a bit.
    Edit: Ok I watched it. It's very different from my Thief. I'm not a big fan of pistol in off-hand. Your utility skills are cool, I dabbled with them too, but I like using my venoms to damage/immobilize and also heal myself.
    With dagger in off-hand I don't really need a stealth utility skill, I have cloak & dagger (which even had it's cost lowered now! YES!) for that.
    I like using the shortbow in WvWvW but so far it hasn't really clicked with me in sPvP.
    Also, I really should have taken a video by now but I keep forgetting! From your video it's pretty clear that we have a very different playstyle, so it's hard to compare!

Also, all you Thieves, you know you can't cap a point in stealth, right?

Edit: And another thing: FUCK HEARTSEEKER. That skill is so bugged, holy shit. I swear, 3 out of 5 times it misses.

I feel like pistol 4 and 5 abilities are weaker to compensate for their great combo skills - pistol whip and shadow shot are both incredible tools. I agree that Heartseeker is a little wonky to use unless you're right behind your target; but I generally only use it as a finisher so it works for me. Cloak and dagger and shadow strike I find a little harder to land, which is why I only really use pistol + dagger in teamfights for cripple and vulnerability.

That stealth build does look very fun, I think I might try a more offensive take on it.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    MrVyngaard wrote: »

Arthil wrote: »
    If anyone was curious what the Mistfire Wolf was like...

The end of that video was a little disappointing, I was hoping she'd punt Mini-Charr for great justice.

Also, how viable would a Banner/Shout Warrior build be? Sword/Warhorn. I need to go soon, but I'll add a build link later in the day. Was thinking of trying to build kinda a LOTRO Captain for WvWvW.

Very viable. I tried it out for kicks in the stresstest before last and it was pretty fun! Just don't expect to do tooooo much killing yourself, instead you'll watch the people around you kill everything :D

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    I don't think any stealth abilities last longer than three or four seconds

Using combo fields you can get stealth to stack so theoretically a whole group can run around in stealth for like a minute!

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I spent 2 hours just in the character creator and already had more fun than most of the last few MMO's I've played.

I'll definitely be rolling an Asura Engineer for a main. And probably a Human Thief or Elementalist.

My name was taken last night, though. Debating on waking up early to try and get it.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    I think I'll run with you fine gents if you'll have me. Most likely have an engine and a guardian. Maybe a thief.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Did we settle on Copper as our warband name? Rolling a Charr first so I want to start figuring out my name!

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    Just saw a wallpaper for a Commando class on the GW2 website.

This makes me curious as the sole reason I've picked Engineer as main, and possibly thief as an alt are the guns.

What's the story there?

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »

This makes me curious as the sole reason I've picked Engineer as main, and possibly thief as an alt are the guns.

What's the story there?

April 1st.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular

What's the story there?

It was an april fools joke. It will not be a real class in the game outside of the possibility that the GMs might use it to ban someone.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    aaahhhh... I thought it looked really out of place. :)

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Bullhead wrote: »
    Did we settle on Copper as our warband name? Rolling a Charr first so I want to start figuring out my name!

I'm good with Copper. Sarja Coppershrike seems like a good name for my charr hunter. :)

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    f

u

c

k

mesmer looks awesome now...

fuck me ANet

release the goddamn game already

so I can stop switching mains

before ever making them!!!!1

WaM, get on this!

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Chester Copperpot?

Is Copper a racial specific clan name?

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    cant0r wrote: »
    Geod wrote: »
    cant0r wrote: »
    @Arch I was just browsing the wiki's "Recent Changes" and noticed the command line args page. Apparently adding "-perf" will cause the client to display a few different performance stats.
    I've had that on since BWE3, and haven't noticed any changes or additional stats. But maybe I'm missing something.
    Arch was wondering how to display FPS in-game. I was just pointing out the somewhat obscure option to enable that feature, which you've apparently been enjoying for a while already. So, nope, nothing to miss :)

Ah, I thought people were seeing the FPS w/o having the -perf option on. I'll have to try removing it next stress test to see if I still have the FPS monitor in the options menu.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I am totally buying three extra slots bang on launch. Yup. Because I have a disease.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    3 slot bang?
    :winky:

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    @Beltaine: Yes, kind of. Charr are named for their warband and we thought it would be kind of fun to play along with the convention. Copper warband hoooo!

@Vivixenne: You're not the only one...

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    I'm buying 5 characters on launch, then probably 5 more later.

grizwhirl

• Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    Wait. Are you suggesting there are people who aren't buying an extra three slots the moment they can access the trading post?

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • Options
    Chester Copperpot?

Is Copper a racial specific clan name?

Charr tend to use Warband+noun or Verb+warband as their last names. So there's been talk of having a (totally optional!) Penny-Arcade specific warband name, and Copper was suggested because pennies are made of copper.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    guys keep in mind, copper is always what butts taste like.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Wait. Are you suggesting there are people who aren't buying an extra three slots the moment they can access the trading post?

THIS GUY!

I don't really play alts much at all... just one main character.

/weirdo

• Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Are we limited to 3? Hrm.

And damn it, now I want the digital deluxe edition >.<. I wonder if there's a way to upgrade.

And with healing changed, now I have to figure out a new Ele wuvwuv spec. I had a pretty badass healer for a game with no healers... >.>

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    RichardRichard Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

THIS GUY!

I don't really play alts much at all... just one main character.

/weirdo

Not much for creating alts either but I am really conflicted as to what kind of profession I want to play so not sure if I should try a couple before I decide or just pick one and hope it's the right one.

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Are we limited to 3? Hrm.

And damn it, now I want the digital deluxe edition >.<. I wonder if there's a way to upgrade.

And with healing changed, now I have to figure out a new Ele wuvwuv spec. I had a pretty badass healer for a game with no healers... >.>

Per the GW2 Twitter, there will be a way to upgrade to digital deluxe post-launch.

No, I am not going to search for the specific tweet.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    @Ishtaar: You start with five slots and can buy as many extra as you feel like.

• Options
    mfc144mfc144 Registered User regular
    Quick question regarding starting zones.
    At launch, if my four friends and I all start characters of different races. Do we have to play through our starting zones solo, or could we all travel to a starting zone of our choosing and just play there? If that's possible, would there be any drawbacks to that?
    I played a bit in the most recent beta weekend, and I never really left the Sylvari area (didn't have much time to play), but I know there were portals and such that I could have left if I'd wanted to.

• Options
    mfc144 wrote: »
    At launch, if my four friends and I all start characters of different races. Do we have to play through our starting zones solo, or could we all travel to a starting zone of our choosing and just play there? If that's possible, would there be any drawbacks to that?
    I played a bit in the most recent beta weekend, and I never really left the Sylvari area (didn't have much time to play), but I know there were portals and such that I could have left if I'd wanted to.

You need to finish your tutorial instance, but that can take as little as five minutes. As soon as you're ejected out into the world, you can walk to the asura gate in your racial capital, which ports you to Lion's Arch. From there you can take the corresponding portal to your friends' racial cities and join them, all for the price of absolutely nothing and all at level 2 (the level you will typically be after completing your tutorial).

Alternatively you can port to the Mists from anywhere under the tab in your Hero window, and from there take the portal to Lion's Arch.

No drawbacks apart from having to spend time playing the game alongside people you know, and who'd want to do that?

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    mfc144 wrote: »

You can very easily and quickly travel to your friends starting zone. You can even particpate in their story quests with them. The only downside is your story quests will be in your starter zone but that's barely a downside as you can quickly teleport back there and then go through THOSE with your friends.

• Options
    Dirty DrawersDirty Drawers Lord of the undie world Registered User regular
    Question regarding engineers.

Engineers can throw sticky glue on the ground for the cripple effect. Is that supposed to have a target reticule where I can throw it anywhere near me? Every time I press it I don't get a reticule and I just throw it on the ground. It has a small reticule over the key map itself. Do I get this past level 20? I was only level 13.

Fools shall not be pitied.
  • Options
    Question regarding engineers.

Engineers can throw sticky glue on the ground for the cripple effect. Is that supposed to have a target reticule where I can throw it anywhere near me? Every time I press it I don't get a reticule and I just throw it on the ground. It has a small reticule over the key map itself. Do I get this past level 20? I was only level 13.

Did you have smart-cast turned on?

• Options
    mfc144mfc144 Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »
    You need to finish your tutorial instance, but that can take as little as five minutes. As soon as you're ejected out into the world, you can walk to the asura gate in your racial capital, which ports you to Lion's Arch. From there you can take the corresponding portal to your friends' racial cities and join them, all for the price of absolutely nothing and all at level 2 (the level you will typically be after completing your tutorial).

Alternatively you can port to the Mists from anywhere under the tab in your Hero window, and from there take the portal to Lion's Arch.

No drawbacks apart from having to spend time playing the game alongside people you know, and who'd want to do that?
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    You can very easily and quickly travel to your friends starting zone. You can even particpate in their story quests with them. The only downside is your story quests will be in your starter zone but that's barely a downside as you can quickly teleport back there and then go through THOSE with your friends.

Fantastic! Thanks for the info. We're all super excited to get playing. The launch date cannot come fast enough.

• Options
    Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    Pennies are made of zinc. But copper is def better name. :P

PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • Options
    Pennies are made of zinc. But copper is def better name. :P

Real pennies are made of steel.

:bz

• Options
    Canadian pennies have copper plating, Wikipedia says so!

Canadian pennies are also being discontinued the month after Guild Wars 2 launches, but when did something being in the past ever stop the Charr? ;)

• Options
    Ahem.

:monocle:

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Huggles wrote: »
    Ahem.

:monocle:
    We're still going with Copper though!

Also this wasn't supposed to be a quotation :rotate:

Huggles on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Ascalonian Decimal Guild.

• Options
    MortifiedPenguinMortifiedPenguin Registered User regular
    Tried building a defensive shout warrior. Tried to make it so I could find a target and stick to it like glue (god damned thieves). Using Axe for chasing targets down, and hammer once I catch em. Rune of the soldier so my shouts are my method of condition removal. One thing I'm unsure of, since my shouts remove conditions, does that mean "Shake It Off" will now remove two conditions?

Build here.

I already miss the rifle.

This discussion has been closed.