As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]Taste the rainbow VERY SOON in the new thread.

• RendRend Registered User regular
    Wait. Are you suggesting there are people who aren't buying an extra three slots the moment they can access the trading post?

This is... quite confusing.
    Some people won't have 8 slots?

How many dollars will a character slot cost?

• AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Speaking as someone who hasn't really participated in the betas and whatever, I have no intention of buying anything beyond the box and expansions I like. What stuff is going to be up for microtransactions?

Astale wrote: »
    Speaking as someone who hasn't really participated in the betas and whatever, I have no intention of buying anything beyond the box and expansions I like. What stuff is going to be up for microtransactions?

I answered both of our questions together:
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem

• HugglesHuggles Registered User regular

Cosmetics, account utilities like character slots or server transfers, mystic keys and temporary xp or karma boosts.

• JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    Since the digital deluxe edition is so lackluster, I'm putting those 20 dollars towards bag slots.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »

Cosmetics, account utilities like character slots or server transfers, mystic keys and temporary xp or karma boosts.

I'm sure for those who have been following the thread more closely this is a stupid question, but: Mystic keys?

I'm sure for those who have been following the thread more closely this is a stupid question, but: Mystic keys?

Like tf2 keys, they open up chests you find- except they're also rare drops in game.

• DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    and for anyone who played Asherons Call ended up being a major part of the "real market" that developed since gold was to easy to get.

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Gems are cheaper in dollars than euros, that's an arbitrage scheme waiting to happen.

Uh, they're apparently called Black Lion keys/chests now.

I'm spending the money I didn't on the deluxe edition on character slots instead.

Peccavi wrote: »
    Gems are cheaper in dollars than euros, that's an arbitrage scheme waiting to happen.

I believe gems are nontransferable outside of the Black Lion gem exchange.

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    I don't play the normal F2P games because of the lockbox drops - I have some sort of ingrained problem and I will spend hundreds of dollars on keys to unlock them just to find out what's inside. I need to put a parental control on my account that just wont let me buy keys. Anything else is fine.

Are you the magic man?
  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    You can get keys via drops as well. So dont spend the money mannn.

grizwhirl

Draygo on
    edited August 2012
    You can get keys via your personal story rewards too. And chests sometimes contain keys.

The chest contents are all gem store stuff too, if I'm not mistaken. I tend to dump them until I find a key, then open the next chest that drops.

Huggles on
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    Rend wrote: »
    How many dollars will a character slot cost?
    According to the two links you posted a character slot is $10

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    You can get keys via your personal story rewards too. And chests sometimes contain keys.

The chest contents are all gem store stuff too, if I'm not mistaken. I tend to dump them until I find a key, then open the next chest that drops.

Yeah this is important. Black Lion chests drop:

1x gathering tool
    1x boost item
    1x tonic

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Detharin wrote: »
    and for anyone who played Asherons Call ended up being a major part of the "real market" that developed since gold was to easy to get.
    Screw your M notes, i want plats or sing keys

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Hmmm... that Mistfire Wolf fires other wolves as projectile weapons...

I....

I think I'm actually going to have to upgrade when they give the option.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Hmmm... that Mistfire Wolf fires other wolves as projectile weapons...

I....

I think I'm actually going to have to upgrade when they give the option.

Best choice I ever made. Wolf bullets.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Dirty DrawersDirty Drawers Lord of the undie world Registered User regular
    Question regarding engineers.

Engineers can throw sticky glue on the ground for the cripple effect. Is that supposed to have a target reticule where I can throw it anywhere near me? Every time I press it I don't get a reticule and I just throw it on the ground. It has a small reticule over the key map itself. Do I get this past level 20? I was only level 13.

Did you have smart-cast turned on?

Honestly don't know what smart cast is, but I assume no since I turned off every auto target option I could find. I'll check for it though, thanks.

Fools shall not be pitied.
  • DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »

What was it, 2 motes to a cracked shard, 4 cracked shards to a key, i forget what sing keys ended up being worth. Plus before they fixed it there was the money loop from qualabar to kara and back.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Engineers can throw sticky glue on the ground for the cripple effect. Is that supposed to have a target reticule where I can throw it anywhere near me? Every time I press it I don't get a reticule and I just throw it on the ground. It has a small reticule over the key map itself. Do I get this past level 20? I was only level 13.

Honestly don't know what smart cast is, but I assume no since I turned off every auto target option I could find. I'll check for it though, thanks.

I don't know much about Engineers so that's about as far as my help goes but smart-cast (not 100% if that's what they call it in GW2 I just know the option is there) makes it so all area targetted spells cast on button press whereever your cursor is without bringing up a reticule.

But Yea, I believe if it shows on the icon it SHOULD be a targetted spell.

• BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    "Meh" was how I felt about the stuff the Deluxe version got you.

I'll spend it instead on gems to get a Top Hat, dye packs, and some random Minis :)

Also in this spoilered photo, there appears to be an item called a "Cow Finisher"...
    2012_Black_Lion_Trading_Company_interface.jpg

I am intrigued...

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    why can't I wear this all the time

gw094.jpg

• MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    Question:

Are they putting in (or have they put in) replays for sPvP?

This seems like a game that could totally be shoutcasted/day9alized... If there were replays....

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    if that doesn't change the PvP execution from an impaling flag to a giant cow that falls from the sky, I am going to cancel my pre-purchase

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm certainly not as thick as thieves.

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular

Is your ground-target quick cast on? If it's on, you'll automatically target wherever your cursor is pointing when you select the skill.

• SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    if that doesn't change the PvP execution from an impaling flag to a giant cow that falls from the sky, I am going to cancel my pre-purchase

It was in during the last BWE, and I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it does.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • ShenShen Registered User regular

...Burn?
    I can't tell, I'm a thief :(

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Depends on how thick THICK is.

A little bit of thickness can be sexy.

I'm just sayin...

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Dirty DrawersDirty Drawers Lord of the undie world Registered User regular
    Thanks Daemon and Ironzerg.

I'll look again in options when I get back in game. It looks like they took away the -useoldlauncher command.

Fools shall not be pitied.
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Has guesting ever been enabled for tests? Feels like something they'd want to actually, you know, test.

Shen wrote: »

...Burn?
    I can't tell, I'm a thief :(

Bell curve. You're an acceptable outlier! ;-)

• WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Detharin wrote: »
    Or small's

"Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Has guesting ever been enabled for tests? Feels like something they'd want to actually, you know, test.

You need to add someone from another server to your friendslist, right click his name and choose "Join Friend" in the menu.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    Damn. So having a character of every class is going to cost an extra $30? That feels...excessive.

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Damn. So having a character of every class is going to cost an extra $30? That feels...excessive.

Please go back about 30 pages and re-read this argument again...for the first time!

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular

Yeah, you put that on top of paying $14.99/month just to log in and...oh. :)

This discussion has been closed.