As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] OLD THREAD LEAVE GO BYE SEE YA

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    i've been kicked twice now after coming way ahead in top wtih my vorcha/gethplasmashotty. why they so jelly?

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I haven't pubbed it in awhile, but maybe most of the good ones have moved on to platinum.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    maybe so, maybe I should try pubbing more platinums

it seems to be really hard to find one that isn't either a firebase white farm or people piling into that little room on glacier, though

I got immediately kicked from one where the three other players were all geth infiltrators

I dunno if they were just waiting for another geth inf to come along or what

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    i just had two really great gold games on pubs, everyone gelled. it was glorious, we did our thing but still somehow worked as a team, we were taking out brutes and banshees left and right.

only problem i have is that goddamn palaven map, it must be bugged or something because everytime im on it, i get teleporting enemies and im unable to stay in cover for some reason.

• EnderEnder Registered User regular
    I don't think I've ever played an actual Plat game

only farms

I've gotten a lot of actual Gold games though

really the difference is small

other than, you know

fuckin' banshees all day err'y day

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Strikor wrote: »
    When are you leaving? I can try to be on more before then, for maximum lashing.

...that sounded kinkier than intended.

:winky:

Next month. I'm gonna l try and be on tonight. I'm just glad I'll be able to download Leviathan.

Speaking of such things. Can ME3 be played single player offline? I haven't tried it yet and can't test for myself at the moment.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Personally, I've been having a lot more success lately with Gold than I have in the past.

Though that may just be me being a lot better player now, and having a lot more high level rare weapons than I did before.

• DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    psolms wrote: »
    so last night I unlocked an N7 Slayer.

I need help playing this class properly. My human vanguard I just throw a light shotgun on there, and nova->charge until everything is dead (i know its lame but damnit, it works). i mostly play on bronze, but have been getting into more and more silver games recently. dont have a lot of gear, or weapons, or characters. i tried doing the same shotgun build as my human vanguard but i felt like the slayer was more fragile in close combat (which is crazy cause the melee is fantastical)

anyways, i need help playing this class.

About only way I can do good with it is treating it as a AOE sniper from cover. Acolite to strip and root then a couple PD's to finish off non-bosses. Slash spam if I can find a wall to stand behind.

These thread titles have been rather negative lately

I've been feeling extra cynical lately.

This one isn't meant to be negative really; just that I don't believe we actually got those extractions. If anything it's positive because they're having pity on us and giving us free victory packs.

The previous one was cynical because I'm sick of weekend events with the goal being extractions. extractionextractionextractionextractionextractionextractionextractionextractionextraction

Nothing else to aim for at all. Booooooooring. But I doubt they have the infrastructure to do anything more interesting anymore without a major DLC pushing it out there for new gamemodes.

Personally I would love to see something like 1 million biotic detonation kills.

Or for more challenge, 100 frost explosions, think i've seen maybe 5 kills from that since release.

• MarkWebsterMarkWebster Ottersaurus Rex OntarioRegistered User regular
    Speed run objectives! Marauding packs of novaguards actively chasing enemy spawn points. Must be done.

• MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a good build for the Batarian Sentinel? It's a fun little support/crowd control class, but I feel like it needs to be statted juuuuust right.

Also, call me nooby but a)does submission net set up a tech burst, and b) does shockwave trigger it?

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »
    Does anyone have a good build for the Batarian Sentinel? It's a fun little support/crowd control class, but I feel like it needs to be statted juuuuust right.

Also, call me nooby but a)does submission net set up a tech burst, and b) does shockwave trigger it?

yes to both questions

I really enjoy the Batarian Sentinel, but I honestly haven't found a super effective build for him yet. My most recent attempt has been building Blade Armor and fitness solely for DR, health, and shield regen, and it makes for a pretty tanky character, but I can't say I feel I've settled him into a groove. My first build was a low-cooldown, eviscerator-toting build that had a mix of melee, health, and power capability, and I think that was closer to what he needs to be.

Either way, I still play him just as a fun class whenever I want to get the full Batarian slaver experience. Just throw a harpoon gun on the guy and have a blast netting dudes for the Hegemony.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular

Next month. I'm gonna l try and be on tonight. I'm just glad I'll be able to download Leviathan.

Speaking of such things. Can ME3 be played single player offline? I haven't tried it yet and can't test for myself at the moment.
    yep, but origin has to start in offline mode

basically unplug your internet and try it out

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • ElitistbElitistb Registered User regular
    I would like to try platinum, I could use the credits, but I have enough problems with the lag on gold.

"Oh, hey, that prime is firing at me, I'll duck."
    Shot - hits behind wall, shot - hits behind wall, shot - hits behind wall and down.

WTF...

Guy runs over, stands me up, I try to run since I don't have shields, get behind a corner, take another 5 steps, die from something around the corner.

steam_sig.png

yep, but origin has to start in offline mode

basically unplug your internet and try it out

Thanks much.

I finally got an Eagle in a commendation pack! I feel like I'm in the big boy club finally :)

Still no Hurricane though :?

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Elitistb wrote: »
    I would like to try platinum, I could use the credits, but I have enough problems with the lag on gold.

Shot - hits behind wall, shot - hits behind wall, shot - hits behind wall and down.

WTF...

Guy runs over, stands me up, I try to run since I don't have shields, get behind a corner, take another 5 steps, die from something around the corner.

don't forget when you're the guy and it takes you 10 seconds of clicking before you're actually able to revive the person

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    i swear the netcode on this game has gotten WORSE over time

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    edited August 2012

WTF...

Try sticking to biotics so you can stay in cover, dont pop up to shoot just use powers to minimize risk. Justicar is dandy for this. GWP works since people stick to consoles. Missle instead of gun to kill when moble, reave non-crit targets for DR. Bubble when team stops running at skirmish/hold points.

Worked well when I was in hotels with silly lag spikes. Honestly it plays about the same with that class, assuming not offensive bubble.

DreadBert on
    DreadBert wrote: »

WTF...

Try sticking to biotics so you can stay in cover, dont pop up to shoot just use powers to minimize risk. Justicar is dandy for this. GWP works since people stick to consoles. Missle instead of gun to kill when moble, reave non-crit targets for DR. Bubble when team stops running at skirmish/hold points.

Worked well when I was in hotels with silly lag spikes. Honestly it plays about the same with that class, assuming not offensive bubble.

okay here comes the prime, warp
    ...wait how did that not him him? OK, warp again
    ...Warp?
    Oh shit, okay it finally him him, time to detonate with throw
    ...throw
    ...throw
    ...throw?!?

And then 5 hunters kill you with bugs

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    I should make it a policy to leave a pubbing lobby right away whenever I hear 2 people talking as I'm going in. They're always the last people to ready up, or worse I'll hear an inane conversation for a few minutes then "anyway I gotta go man peace bro" and disconnect while me and the other guy actually wanting to play are waiting all ready. The other guy will of course leave as well. Fuck those guys.

• eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    So I haven't played since like, the second chance for N7 MP weapons. Is there any easy source of changes since then available?

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
    Kana wrote: »

okay here comes the prime, warp
    ...wait how did that not him him? OK, warp again
    ...Warp?
    Oh shit, okay it finally him him, time to detonate with throw
    ...throw
    ...throw
    ...throw?!?

And then 5 hunters kill you with bugs

For me the trouble with lag is that you need to live long enough for your attack to register on host. Lock on stuff for me did hit, just 500-1k ms slower then you want. If you are in cover you generally dont depend on that <200ms response time. Thus missle when moble, if it needs killed on the move then a missle gets around that +-2 meters area that the target is in when you pull the trigger. Assuming you live long enough for it to register on host.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Re: This game's terrible netcode — I'm pretty sure the game has just been trolling the shit out of me by only pairing me with Germans and/or Brazilians for the past two weeks. Obviously these people could simply be in America and enjoying their native language, but going by the atrocious amounts of unplayable lag, I'm going to guess that that's not the case.

Also, fuck Rio. I'm not even sure that it freezes from melee (or whatever reasoning people though), that map just freezes because it likes to.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    eeSanG wrote: »
    So I haven't played since like, the second chance for N7 MP weapons. Is there any easy source of changes since then available?

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/9544143

This here's got all the balance changes.

dN0T6ur.png
    Great, so I'm trying to experiment on my paladin. I join a silver match, but me not paying attention, the guy sets it to GWG. Now I don't mind gold farming, cause I never do it on purpose, but this group is horrible! One guy has yet to break 500 points on round six and the latency is so bad, I get killed by pyros that were already dead!

steam_sig.png

metaghost wrote: »
    Re: This game's terrible netcode — I'm pretty sure the game has just been trolling the shit out of me by only pairing me with Germans and/or Brazilians for the past two weeks. Obviously these people could simply be in America and enjoying their native language, but going by the atrocious amounts of unplayable lag, I'm going to guess that that's not the .

If all else fire up some black ops or cod. After thirty or so minutes of that, me3 net code looks pretty good. Need to reset the baseline for "bad" from time to time to keep perspective.

• Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Chandana said the Geth was dead. We trusted him. He was right. But even a dead pyro can dream.[/]

holy shit we just managed to clear a pub game on platinum with full extraction and no mics.

now thats fucking team work.

metaghost wrote: »
    Re: This game's terrible netcode — I'm pretty sure the game has just been trolling the shit out of me by only pairing me with Germans and/or Brazilians for the past two weeks. Obviously these people could simply be in America and enjoying their native language, but going by the atrocious amounts of unplayable lag, I'm going to guess that that's not the case.

Also, fuck Rio. I'm not even sure that it freezes from melee (or whatever reasoning people though), that map just freezes because it likes to.

I'm constantly playing with russians.

also how the hell did this guy get up here?
    oCOwQ.jpg

its a pretty sweet camping spot, not even banshees can get there.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    also how th hell did this guy get up here?
    oCOwQ.jpg

its a pretty sweet camping spot, not even banshees can get there.

Only lamers glitch the terrain. :|

edit: clarification, no enemy can get there because it's not supposed to be an actual gameplay area.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    i'll take anything to get through platinum.

• envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    isn't that like evidence of cheating?

envoy1 wrote: »
    isn't that like evidence of cheating?

It most certainly is.

• ILMTitanILMTitan Registered User regular
    I have played through the SP twice.

The first time through was with my cannon infiltrator. I played on hardcore to start and swapped up to insanity midstream. Didn't have too much trouble really.

Then the ending sucked so I said 'fuck this' and went and played MP for a while. When I finally sacked up to play the SP again I had a better handle on how explosions worked and picked adept, and oh my god. It's like being an asari adept in multiplayer, only you can carry an assault rifle and a shotgun and maintain 200%ish cooldowns, you have two squadmates' cooldowns to use to set up explosions, and mobs don't dodge every other thrown power. Ridiculous.

Wait. People use their squadmates to set up explosions? I mean, I did it when I was a Vanguard, but as an Adept I was too busy using them to strip shields so I could double area pull to set up double throw explosions everywhere. Unless they were armored. Then I was too busy warp cluster grenading everything. Also I carried a valiant just in case nothing is in power range.

• AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    just managed my first pug platinum, gwp tho so it disnae really count

ill be honest with you its no much more interesting than gwg, a bit more frantic maybe but still pretty much the same thing

i have no idea what made the developer say that platinum wouldnae be farmed, i mean did they even try the gwg farming strategy to see if it works? because it becomes clear once the banshees start tripping over the counter that its going to work just fine

Agusalim wrote: »
    just managed my first pug platinum, gwp tho so it disnae really count

ill be honest with you its no much more interesting than gwg, a bit more frantic maybe but still pretty much the same thing

i have no idea what made the developer say that platinum wouldnae be farmed, i mean did they even try the gwg farming strategy to see if it works? because it becomes clear once the banshees start tripping over the counter that its going to work just fine

Yeah. Being flanked by Phantoms is the only issue I've really run into.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Being flanked by Phantoms is the only issue I've really run into.
    And a Destroyer rocking a Falcon solves that problem in a hurry.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Just tried a Platinum farm with my Claymorefiltrator. Went decently. We wiped on wave 9 though.

Next time I think I'll take my Destroyer just to deal with the damn Phantoms

I really do appreciate that a single Cloak/Prox Mine/Claymore blast can kill a Platinum Ravager from a good distance

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    The nice thing about wiping on Platinum (after wave 5 anyway) is that you still ended up with more credits than a Gold, so...win/win?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand