As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]Taste the rainbow VERY SOON in the new thread.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Detharin wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »

Wait, so you DID do WvWvW. What you are describing is exactly what you earlier said you didn't do!
    I don't get you, man. You are, like, from some strange dimension I do not comprehend.

One of the PVP instances has a ballista, i think. At least i know at some point i was told ours was broken, and at several other points i took a fuckton of damage from something my combat log called ballista. Never went into WvWvW

That's a trebuchet xP

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Garthor wrote: »
    Huggles wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    ironzerg wrote: »
    @ironzerg: that looks correct as far as I understand. The difference is that gems cannot be bought or sold in that manner.

Why wouldn't it? You spend cash for gems out of game. In game, you bid to buy or sell those gems. The price will likely have a floor and ceiling set by Anet, but ultimately the market will be player driven.

It's fundamentally different.

If you want to buy a stack of iron from another player, you browse the Trading Post and see what people, the players themselves, personally, are offering for their stack or iron. If you think their price is fair, you buy; if not you place a buy order at a price you do think is fair.

If you want to sell a stack of iron, you browse the Trading Post and see what people, etc etc, are willing to pay with their gold. If you think the price is fair, you sell; if not you place the stack of iron on the Trading Post at a price you do think is fair.

The fundamental difference between that model and the Gem Exchange is that players have no direct influence over how much their gems are worth in gold, or their gold in gems. This exchange rate is set by ArenaNet, and is non-arguable.

So you can't put up gems at a price you think is fair and wait until another player agrees and the transaction completes. Instead, if you think the gem-to-gold conversion rate is unreasonable all you can do is not undergo the transaction until you think the rate changes to a value that you find reasonable.

To clarify though, the gem/gold rate is set indirectly by the playerbase based on something or other to do with how many buyers and sellers there are.

Of course; it's just that ArenaNet decide what the rate is, not some nebulous market force. It's in their interest to have players buy gems (whether for gold or for gem shop purchases) because it's a stream of revenue for them. If inflation leads the gem-to-gold ratio to mean you need to spend $10 for what you can acquire in five minutes' gametime, no-one will spend real money.

In the scenario where no-one buys gems with real money and only with in-game currency, market forces of supply and demand would make the price of gems in gold rise and rise, so the price of gold in gems will fall. This makes buying gems to convert into gold an attractive idea for players because $10 worth of gems (a fixed number!) might be worth weeks of time spent in-game. In turn, this would inflate the price of goods on the Trading Post, pricing new players out of buying mundane goods unless they sink real money into in-game money. I imagine this is a scenario which ArenaNet would like to avoid, because it would make the game experience bad for the people they want playing the game and spending money on the game.

Alternatively, if everyone buys gems with real money and not using in-game currency, the price of gems in gold would plummet. This makes buying gems with in-game currency attractive because players might be able to make $10 worth of gems (remember, fixed number) in a few minutes of time spent in-game. In this case, the players are happy but no-one is buying gems with real money so ArenaNet aren't making any real money. I imagine this is a scenario which ArenaNet would also like to avoid, because profit margins.

Now, I'm not arguing that these factors are each others' negative feedbacks, but the sliding of the economy to either extreme harms ArenaNet's profits. Hence, I expect the conversion rate at the Gem Exchange will depend on the supply and demand in each direction, but ArenaNet can set the conversion rate however they like so as to avoid inflation.

If your argument is "If everybody does X, then nobody does X", I think you don't understand the system.

I'd imagine the whole thing is going to work approximately equivalently to an actual market, only abstracted slightly to improve the end-user experience. So, the exchange rate will reach a point where the number of gems sold is equal to the number of gems bought, because if gold->gems is cheaper then more people will make that exchange and drive the price up, and ditto for the other way around. Over time, this equilibrium will shift so that the price of gold->gems goes up, as gold becomes progressively more worthless (except for this one purpose, which of course drives the price up) for the majority of players.

Regarding Arena.net's income... because this is essentially a simplification of an actual exchange market, it's inevitable that any gems bought with gold are offset by an equal number of gold bought with gems, with the exclusion of some inefficiency as the market adjusts from the initial price. Their game isn't going to be flooded with free gems leading them to financial ruin.

I'll preface this by saying that I'm not spoiling for a fight over things about which we are only partially informed.

Nevertheless, the examples I gave were of potential extremes, to illustrate how inflation in either direction would result in a situation bad for ArenaNet or bad for players and so by proxy also bad for ArenaNet. This suggests a motivation for ArenaNet to mediate the exchange rate between gems and gold.

Whilst I'm not suggesting that either of those extremes would be reached (see previous disclaimer about negative feedbacks), I can understand that ArenaNet would want to eliminate entirely the risk that they could. Also allowing gem trading directly between players allows goldsellers to undercut ArenaNet. Disallowing direct gem trading means that players must go via ArenaNet if they want to acquire gems with real money, so the profit for that transaction goes to ArenaNet, not to a third-party goldseller.

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular

Wait, so you DID do WvWvW. What you are describing is exactly what you earlier said you didn't do!
    I don't get you, man. You are, like, from some strange dimension I do not comprehend.

One of the PVP instances has a ballista, i think. At least i know at some point i was told ours was broken, and at several other points i took a fuckton of damage from something my combat log called ballista. Never went into WvWvW

Oh, that's a trebuchet, not a ballista.
    And duuuuuuuude, you should have totally gone into WvWvW even at lvl 2! Man, don't be so stuck in your old MMO rot, you could have had so much fun and done so many things, it doesn't matter what level you are.
    My buddy joined me and he was lvl 3, when he left he was lvl 5 and had some good stuff. You find gear on like, every enemy when the game notices you don't have anything good yet.

DUUUUUUUUDE.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    reVerse wrote: »
    Hell, even if the game initially disappoints you can check back in every couple of months or so to see if things done got better. That's what I ended up doing with GW1. God bless the lack of subscription fees.

Yeah ill need to break the math to the point i can get a really good grasp on how each stat interacts and where the softcaps/hardcaps start kicking to maximize my chosen playstyle, when see how interclass balance ends up working out, plus how quickly they end up fixing any major class imbalance issues that crop up.

As for this, I'm not so sure the game has the whole soft/hard cap thing in. http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/46603-faq-equipment-attributes-and-you-updated/ explains it best, but you know how in sPvP you got pretty much all of your stats from the amulet/gem in the amulet? In PvE/WuvWuv this is broken down into all of your possible equipment slots. The only 'caps' to deal with would be determined by the quality of the item and whether it's higher level or not. Both of which stops at Level 80, and then at Exotic rarity.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I once made my way into a Wuvwuv map, but I couldn't figure out how to get out of the fort I was in.

Another time I spawned at some place where people were fighting and then I went to beat on a supply caravan.

• DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    Yeah i noticed i did not have a ton of stat options so SPVP, i assume the other equipment ceases functioning in SPVP once you get it and only your amulet counts for points. Id have jumped into WvW but really wanted to try out specs. Did not have alot of luck with grenades unfortunately.

• VoroVoro Registered User regular

And duuuuuuuude, you should have totally gone into WvWvW even at lvl 2! Man, don't be so stuck in your old MMO rot, you could have had so much fun and done so many things, it doesn't matter what level you are.
    My buddy joined me and he was lvl 3, when he left he was lvl 5 and had some good stuff. You find gear on like, every enemy when the game notices you don't have anything good yet.

DUUUUUUUUDE.

Sure, you can go straight into wuvwuv for the remaining stress tests, but it's a different story for the first day of the headstart. Everyone will be poor at that point, so capturing anything other than supply camps will require beating down doors the hard way. I know I plan to build up some wealth in PvE first.

XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    The biggest difference between an auction house and our trading post is just substantially better. Otherwise, it's not that different.

Voro wrote: »

DUUUUUUUUDE.

Sure, you can go straight into wuvwuv for the remaining stress tests, but it's a different story for the first day of the headstart. Everyone will be poor at that point, so capturing anything other than supply camps will require beating down doors the hard way. I know I plan to build up some wealth in PvE first.

*Looks over to his stockpile of gems*

• World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    Topia wrote: »
    The biggest difference between an auction house and our trading post is just substantially better. Otherwise, it's not that different.

Oh, you!

(You guys are welcome to heap praise on the trading post all you want, as that's the thing my team did that I'm most passionate about.)

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Bloody JackBloody Jack Registered User regular
    Sure, you can go straight into wuvwuv for the remaining stress tests, but it's a different story for the first day of the headstart. Everyone will be poor at that point, so capturing anything other than supply camps will require beating down doors the hard way.

Or, wait for the other guys to start beating down a door the hard way, and jump them just before they finish breaking it down :twisted:

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Sure, you can go straight into wuvwuv for the remaining stress tests, but it's a different story for the first day of the headstart. Everyone will be poor at that point, so capturing anything other than supply camps will require beating down doors the hard way.

Or, wait for the other guys to start beating down a door the hard way, and jump them just before they finish breaking it down :twisted:

To be fair, you get badges of honor from killing things and you can use those badges to buy siege equipment so it's not like you desperately NEED money. :D

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited August 2012

Oh, you!

(You guys are welcome to heap praise on the trading post all you want, as that's the thing my team did that I'm most passionate about.)

The trading post is awesome. It definitely fits in with the rest of the highly-polished UI. It has a great mix of simple/streamlined (buy direct, price-matching, access anywhere) and "power" features (trends, custom buy/sell orders).

And being able to find an item and just see prices for that item, instead of having to look through multiple pages of the same thing at all different prices/quantities.. so good.

It comes together as something that is just reasonable to use, and not a headache of clunky searches and mental math for those who want to trade effectively. Over years of play that adds up to make a big difference. :^:

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    pay off student loans or buy all the gems

tough choice

• Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    pay off student loans or buy all the gems

tough choice

I only went to college so I could afford gems in the first place, so paying off student loans seems kind of stupid if you ask me!

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    I bought $10 of gems already so I can have 6 characters starting at launch. That should suffice.. for now.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    Enig wrote: »

Oh, you!

The trading post is awesome. It definitely fits in with the rest of the highly-polished UI. It has a great mix of simple/streamlined (buy direct, price-matching, access anywhere) and "power" features (trends, custom buy/sell orders).

And being able to find an item and just see prices for that item, instead of having to look through multiple pages of the same thing at all different prices/quantities.. so good.

It comes together as something that is just reasonable to use, and not a headache of clunky searches and mental math for those who want to trade effectively. Over years of play that adds up to make a big difference. :^:

I want to set the downloader/launcher screen as my (fully functional) windows background. It is that beautiful. I enjoy watching it work properly, like downloaders should. This is not sarcasm. I am impressed every time I open it up.

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular

DUUUUUUUUDE.

I think you'll see some guilds convert gems to gold and then immediately rush out to WvWvW to snag keeps while they're relatively undefended. Even with the 24 hour reset for WvWvW in the beginning. People like bragging rights.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Garthor wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    @ironzerg: that looks correct as far as I understand. The difference is that gems cannot be bought or sold in that manner.

Why wouldn't it? You spend cash for gems out of game. In game, you bid to buy or sell those gems. The price will likely have a floor and ceiling set by Anet, but ultimately the market will be player driven.

It's fundamentally different.

If you want to buy a stack of iron from another player, you browse the Trading Post and see what people, the players themselves, personally, are offering for their stack or iron. If you think their price is fair, you buy; if not you place a buy order at a price you do think is fair.

If you want to sell a stack of iron, you browse the Trading Post and see what people, etc etc, are willing to pay with their gold. If you think the price is fair, you sell; if not you place the stack of iron on the Trading Post at a price you do think is fair.

The fundamental difference between that model and the Gem Exchange is that players have no direct influence over how much their gems are worth in gold, or their gold in gems. This exchange rate is set by ArenaNet, and is non-arguable.

So you can't put up gems at a price you think is fair and wait until another player agrees and the transaction completes. Instead, if you think the gem-to-gold conversion rate is unreasonable all you can do is not undergo the transaction until you think the rate changes to a value that you find reasonable.

To clarify though, the gem/gold rate is set indirectly by the playerbase based on something or other to do with how many buyers and sellers there are.

Of course; it's just that ArenaNet decide what the rate is, not some nebulous market force. It's in their interest to have players buy gems (whether for gold or for gem shop purchases) because it's a stream of revenue for them. If inflation leads the gem-to-gold ratio to mean you need to spend $10 for what you can acquire in five minutes' gametime, no-one will spend real money.

In the scenario where no-one buys gems with real money and only with in-game currency, market forces of supply and demand would make the price of gems in gold rise and rise, so the price of gold in gems will fall. This makes buying gems to convert into gold an attractive idea for players because $10 worth of gems (a fixed number!) might be worth weeks of time spent in-game. In turn, this would inflate the price of goods on the Trading Post, pricing new players out of buying mundane goods unless they sink real money into in-game money. I imagine this is a scenario which ArenaNet would like to avoid, because it would make the game experience bad for the people they want playing the game and spending money on the game.

Alternatively, if everyone buys gems with real money and not using in-game currency, the price of gems in gold would plummet. This makes buying gems with in-game currency attractive because players might be able to make $10 worth of gems (remember, fixed number) in a few minutes of time spent in-game. In this case, the players are happy but no-one is buying gems with real money so ArenaNet aren't making any real money. I imagine this is a scenario which ArenaNet would also like to avoid, because profit margins.

Now, I'm not arguing that these factors are each others' negative feedbacks, but the sliding of the economy to either extreme harms ArenaNet's profits. Hence, I expect the conversion rate at the Gem Exchange will depend on the supply and demand in each direction, but ArenaNet can set the conversion rate however they like so as to avoid inflation.

If your argument is "If everybody does X, then nobody does X", I think you don't understand the system.

I'd imagine the whole thing is going to work approximately equivalently to an actual market, only abstracted slightly to improve the end-user experience. So, the exchange rate will reach a point where the number of gems sold is equal to the number of gems bought, because if gold->gems is cheaper then more people will make that exchange and drive the price up, and ditto for the other way around. Over time, this equilibrium will shift so that the price of gold->gems goes up, as gold becomes progressively more worthless (except for this one purpose, which of course drives the price up) for the majority of players.

Regarding Arena.net's income... because this is essentially a simplification of an actual exchange market, it's inevitable that any gems bought with gold are offset by an equal number of gold bought with gems, with the exclusion of some inefficiency as the market adjusts from the initial price. Their game isn't going to be flooded with free gems leading them to financial ruin.

I'll preface this by saying that I'm not spoiling for a fight over things about which we are only partially informed.

Nevertheless, the examples I gave were of potential extremes, to illustrate how inflation in either direction would result in a situation bad for ArenaNet or bad for players and so by proxy also bad for ArenaNet. This suggests a motivation for ArenaNet to mediate the exchange rate between gems and gold.

Whilst I'm not suggesting that either of those extremes would be reached (see previous disclaimer about negative feedbacks), I can understand that ArenaNet would want to eliminate entirely the risk that they could. Also allowing gem trading directly between players allows goldsellers to undercut ArenaNet. Disallowing direct gem trading means that players must go via ArenaNet if they want to acquire gems with real money, so the profit for that transaction goes to ArenaNet, not to a third-party goldseller.

Huggles i think you misunderstand the system.

Gems are only created when real money is spent to create them. The only way gems are traded for gold is when a player wants to do so.

So $$ create gems. And for the cash shop only gems can be used as currency.

They have no incentive to mediate exchange rates because the 2$ shades are going to sell for 2$, no matter if someone bought 10$ worth of gems and sold 8$ of them for gold and 4 other people bought those gems with gold and turn around and bought the shades.

The only time gems are introduced is when someone converts IRL cash to gems, and the only way gems are removed is when they are traded for cash shop items. Gems->gold demand is not even required to make this system work. The gold gems conversion will balance out at a time value, x gems for x hours of dedicated gold farming.

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular

Oh, you!

@World as Myth Quick question, to clarify things. The gem market IS player driven, correct? As in (within limits) I decide how much I want to sell my gems for, and other players decide how much they're willing to spend, correct?

From the GW2 Wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trading_Post

It looks like Gems are traded for gold in exactly the same way as everything else.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited August 2012

Oh, you!

to show even more praise for you're work, i have always hated auction houses. Your trading post and the black lion trading post are works of art that i can't wait to just be involved with. They make me willing to do trade skills for the first time in my mmo career just for the fun of it . You won at this. I hope you see this to because i am happy that we are privileged enough to have your presence here so i can say this to you directly. Very nice job.

Edit: can't for the life of me do a @ for a name with spaces, just gave up

Kai_San on
    I'll wait till the next stress test, or release before worrying about the gem store any more. Besides, I don't expect ArenaNet to be paricularly open with its mechancs to prevent exploits.

Draygo has it.

Gems are only created by giving cash monies to Arenanet. There's no way for a third party to obtain gems that weren't originally paid for via the Gem Shop. You can't buy Gems in-game. They have to be traded for (with gold) to a person who purchased Gems from Arenanet.

So in fact, this system actually works to limit gold sellers, as gold can essentially be legally "purchased" through indirectly through Arenanet, which will ultimately determine the real dollar value of in-game gold.

• TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    @Kai_San you have to put quotes around their name if they have spaces.

So it would be [at]"World as Myth"

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
    I hate my forum name, and I'm pretty sure when i created it you couldn't have spaces :(

• World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular

Oh, you!

@World as Myth Quick question, to clarify things. The gem market IS player driven, correct? As in (within limits) I decide how much I want to sell my gems for, and other players decide how much they're willing to spend, correct?

It looks like Gems are traded for gold in exactly the same way as everything else.

Yes, within limits, it is player driven. At any given time, the gem-gold conversion rate exists on a curve that is set based on the most recent conversions. What this hopefully does is create supply and demand in a semi-organic way: if the value of gold for gems is particularly good, for instance, people will trade their gold in more often, driving up the scarcity of gems and the availability of gold. This in turn makes the conversion rate for gold much more attractive to those who want to trade gems for it. Even if there's a huge imbalance, somebody (hopefully several somebodies) will see that crazy high price and go "shit, I've got 500 gems, I'm gonna get rich off 'em" and balance the scales.

To say that you can just set any old price for your gems and wait around for someone to buy them, however, is incorrect. There are definitely limits imposed to keep things from going too bananas.

kQwcZLJ.png
    Kai_San wrote: »

Oh, you!

to show even more praise for you're work, i have always hated auction houses. Your trading post and the black lion trading post are works of art that i can't wait to just be involved with. They make me willing to do trade skills for the first time in my mmo career just for the fun of it . You won at this. I hope you see this to because i am happy that we are privileged enough to have your presence here so i can say this to you directly. Very nice job.

Edit: can't for the life of me do a @ for a name with spaces, just gave up

This is so awesome to hear! Thank you. I designed the trading post UI based on systems I've loved and hated in the past (most of which you can probably recognize easily: EVE, Auctioneer, even some e-commerce sites). Those were the most exciting months thus far, getting to participate in the creation of that system with a bunch of dudes way smarter than me.

kQwcZLJ.png
    So in fact, this system actually works to limit gold sellers, as gold can essentially be legally "purchased" through indirectly through Arenanet, which will ultimately determine the real dollar value of in-game gold.

Deterring real-money transactions was one of the primary reasons we did it.

kQwcZLJ.png

Oh, you!

Yes, within limits, it is player driven. At any given time, the gem-gold conversion rate exists on a curve that is set based on the most recent conversions. What this hopefully does is create supply and demand in a semi-organic way: if the value of gold for gems is particularly good, for instance, people will trade their gold in more often, driving up the scarcity of gems and the availability of gold. This in turn makes the conversion rate for gold much more attractive to those who want to trade gems for it. Even if there's a huge imbalance, somebody (hopefully several somebodies) will see that crazy high price and go "shit, I've got 500 gems, I'm gonna get rich off 'em" and balance the scales.

To say that you can just set any old price for your gems and wait around for someone to buy them, however, is incorrect. There are definitely limits imposed to keep things from going too bananas.

Thanks for the clarification! +1 to the Black Lion fan club from me. I'll bet you can't wait to see how it pans out at release.

@World as Myth Perfect! Thanks so much for the answers!

Oh, you!

Thanks for the clarification! +1 to the Black Lion fan club from me. I'll bet you can't wait to see how it pans out at release.

I watch the forums on about a half dozen sites nervously during every beta, looking for some angry mob to start yelling "I HATE THE TRADING POST. WHOEVER DESIGNED THIS NEEDS A LOBOTOMY." So far there's been very little of that, so I count it as a smashing success.

kQwcZLJ.png
    Yeah i an posting from a phone so i have to be kind of short, but i wanted to mention i felt required to use auctioneer to do ah things in wow. I noticed many aspects of that in the trading post and was glad this was all a part of the real deal. Its all so natural and makes it fun for people like me who aren't big economists and just want to get things done.

On a side note, my phones auto correct is seriously trying to get me in trouble here with some of the things its changing.

• Bloody JackBloody Jack Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    On a side note, my phones auto correct is seriously trying to get me in trouble here with some of the things its changing.

Auto correct can get you in sooo much trouble :(

• BoogdudBoogdud Registered User regular
    I watch the forums on about a half dozen sites nervously during every beta, looking for some angry mob to start yelling "I HATE THE TRADING POST. WHOEVER DESIGNED THIS NEEDS A LOBOTOMY." So far there's been very little of that, so I count it as a smashing success.

Well I can honestly tell you that I was blown away by being in the first or second beta event and actually being able to click on the trading post (my wife told me to click it to check it out because she was impressed) and having it function and easy to navigate and it was a beta. I have to say it's the first time I can ever remember being in a beta with a working (and intuitive no less!) 'auction house'. Most of the time it's not even in the game for weeks after release, and not working properly for a couple months.

Also, my wife is ready to spend all the moneys on the trading post, I think she bought like, everything, twice in gw1...

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Oh, you!

Yes, now I just need to build up enough gold so I can play off fluctuations in the gold/gem exchange rate to make MILLIONS.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular

Oh, you!

The only way I would improve the Trading Post is to make it accessible from the web without logging into the game. That would be perfection defined.

26904.png
    edited August 2012
    Stupid wrote: »

Oh, you!

The only way I would improve the Trading Post is to make it accessible from the web without logging into the game. That would be perfection defined.

It sure looks like it was designed with that functionality in mind - I wouldn't be surprised if we see that in the future because a) people want it, and b) Anet appears to be excellent at giving people what they want.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    /SLAMS INTO THIS THREAD

Hey guys! I'm technically with another guild on this same server, but I'd LOVE to join the PA guilds, and maybe (finally) get in on PVP. My name is TealDeer.4217, I... am kind of a nerd and will have a character of every race, probably going Sylvari Necromancer, Asura Ranger or Thief, Norn Mesmer, Charr Engine or warrior, and Human Elementalist. Um, knowing me, I'll be on my Human Ele the most, under the name Connor Borealis.

See you in game?

*EDIT*

That said, hey guys: Either rec me a build for Engie that's actually fun (I tend to like area control + ally buffing) or sell me on the Warrior.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    /SLAMS INTO THIS THREAD

Hey guys! I'm technically with another guild on this same server, but I'd LOVE to join the PA guilds, and maybe (finally) get in on PVP. My name is TealDeer.4217, I... am kind of a nerd and will have a character of every race, probably going Sylvari Necromancer, Asura Ranger or Thief, Norn Mesmer, Charr Engine or warrior, and Human Elementalist. Um, knowing me, I'll be on my Human Ele the most, under the name Connor Borealis.

See you in game?

*EDIT*

That said, hey guys: Either rec me a build for Engie that's actually fun (I tend to like area control + ally buffing) or sell me on the Warrior.

Warrior pitch: Most weapons in the game. Can build it to do whatever you'd like, ranged or melee. Plate armor looks awesome.

tOkYVT2.jpg
    That's why it's web-based technology (which I don't think is a revelation to say here, since people dug up the [accidentally] public-facing website for it during our first BWE). It's been on our agenda for a long time. Hopefully it'll be a priority post-launch, but I can't say for sure.

kQwcZLJ.png
This discussion has been closed.