As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2]New thread before bed. Go post in it when your not busy PLAYING!

• Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »
    Nah you dont. Crafty use of the market place can keep you in the mat zone, or just use an alternate character and the shared bank.

grizwhirl

You need to append that to all of your posts, now.

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-world-of-choice-the-regions-of-guild-wars-2/
    At launch, players will be able to transfer between worlds freely. However, once server populations have largely settled and stabilized, world transfers will be restricted to once a week and cost a variable amount of gems based on the population of the world being transferred to.

In time, we’ll also introduce free “guesting,” which will allow players to visit other worlds as guests as long as they have friends on those worlds. This feature will be free, but guest players will not be able to enter World vs. World, and the Power of the Mists bonuses from their home world will continue to apply to their characters.

It looks like guesting might not be in at launch?

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    PaiPai Ghost in the Machine Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    It looks like guesting might not be in at launch?

I've suspected such since it was disabled for every BWE. You'd think they'dve made it available to try the same with Home Server switching. Maybe there are some kinks to work out still?

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    It seems like a pretty tricky feature. It is not critical at the start though, I suppose.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    God these stresstests are like little bags of crack!
    I want MORE! I need to STAB MANS!

GIVE ME ANOTHER TEST A.NET, PLEASE JUST ONE, I NEED MY FIX MAAAAAAN!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    RichardRichard Registered User regular
    I was sure I was screwed when I read the region list. So happy about this:

The one-time verification system simply confirms that you have purchased the correct version of the game for your area of the world. Once that has been confirmed, you may play from any location you desire.

• Options
    japhjaph Registered User regular
    Its like a new car smell in here mmmmmmmmmmmm

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    japh wrote: »
    Its like a new car smell in here mmmmmmmmmmmm

Ah yes, leather and spunk.

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    There was a lot of talk about gem<->gold conversions via the BLTP (do we just call it the TP?) but I'm actually curious on what gold will be used for come endgame. I know siege plans in WvW are one, but they seem pretty cheap. What else? What will make gold valuable enough to sell gems for? Especially since a third of the game (sPvP) exists entirely outside of gold's realm of efficacy.

• Options
    CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gold

It completely depends on how much each respective sink is. I know a ton of the cosmetic upgrades as well as a lot of the guild-related perks cost gold on top of their respective currencies to use (branding your armor with your guild emblem costs 1g, for example.) There's a ton of implied gold sinks in crafting also just buying vendor materials and switching between professions. Waypointing is all based on distance, so it might cost a few gold just to travel to high level areas.

I would also imagine they could add more gold sinks as time goes on to things like Transmuting if it becomes a large issue, but gold was never something I really felt like I could waste.

Keep in mind that playing sPvP also doesn't gain gold, so the only flaw will be if there's a super easy way to make gold in PvE where you never die, and don't need to travel anywhere. Until people finish everything there is to do, I can't see it being an issue.

CripTonic on
    0liDg.png
  • Options
    They got rid of platinum? Bastards.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »
    Nah you dont. Crafty use of the market place can keep you in the mat zone, or just use an alternate character and the shared bank.

grizwhirl

Yeah, I'm trying to plan out the professions on my characters now. While I'm going to try to focus on 2-3 characters early one as far as running around playing them, I'll occasionally use the shared bank to craft with the others and they'll get a bit of a level boost for it.

Debating about who to make the chef. Cooking takes a fair bit of bank space because some of the stuff you make can be used in further recipes, but doesn't get deposited like a consumable. I'll probably buy extra bank slots very soon, but I'm thinking it may make more sense to make one of my primary guys a chef. I can spend earned karma on ingredients (though I don't think they bind of purchase), and I'm more likely to have the mondo bags on the characters that I'm using.

whirly grits

• Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    @World as Myth

shit, you designed the Trading Post?

that shit is a thing of beauty

srsly

it's efficient, easily read, and

most importantly

makes fucking sense

the Trading Post might be one of my favorite things about this game

Ender on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Just one more week. One more week out of five years.

wily gits

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Guys don't sign your posts, that's what the signature is for.

fiddly bits

• Options
    @World as Myth
    Say, are you developers in the game as characters? Like, with some in jokes or something?
    Maybe an NPC called "Kate" who tells you that how to see "the world as myth"?

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    There are not enough builds posted on this page. Get on it with the posting of more so I can have

smiling fits

• Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »
    @World as Myth
    Say, are you developers in the game as characters? Like, with some in jokes or something?
    Maybe an NPC called "Kate" who tells you that how to see "the world as myth"?

They did that with GW1 a lot. I know of various NPCs that represented devs or alpha testers.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    A variation on a warrior hammer build with shout heals.

Instead of going for mobility and bonus shake it off, add in "On my Mark!" for vulnerability and Axes for MORE vulnerability and the Eviscerate burst skill for OMGYUKILME damage.

Yes....yessssssss

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Have we made any discussions on when our first, organized wuvwuv foray is? I know we'd talked about trying to zerg straight into wuvwuv at level 2 the second the game launches for some early captures. Are we holding off?

ermahgerd churfur

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I'm going to hold off WvW much until I've levelled a bit.

I'm very keen to join in the occasional organised [NICE] excursion, but I won't be doing it full time for a while. Too much of Tyria to explore!

I don't even

Huggles on
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    After my experiences in sPvP, I think the very first thing I'm going to do is about 4 hours of sPvP. That'll net me at least a full set of 8 slot bags, which combined with the excellent banking system, will allow me to completely ignore bag space requirements for the rest of the month.

Zoosh the swoosh

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I'm going into PvP first thing. PvE will be a side attraction, there for exploring and goofing around trying to max out completions when I get tired of playing hours of WuvWuv and just want to kick back for a bit.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    I know my first dude/dudette is going to be an Ele but picking a race is too hard -_-

Are the racial utility/heal skills worth using? Any that stand out?

The group that I was going to roll with went kablooie so hopefully I can squeeze into the G&T group come launch :)

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I am theorycrafting dumb. How viable is a Pistol/Pistol Firearms/Inventions Engineer build?

whizbang pow

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    After my experiences in sPvP, I think the very first thing I'm going to do is about 4 hours of sPvP. That'll net me at least a full set of 8 slot bags, which combined with the excellent banking system, will allow me to completely ignore bag space requirements for the rest of the month.

Zoosh the swoosh

My experience is that 8-slot bags are trivial to craft, and doing so nets you xp to boot. I'm probably going to keep sPvP for testing builds or for when I get bored of PvE/wuvwuv (unlikely).

• Options
    My charr warrior (main) will not touch wuvwuv until he has completed his first dungeon and has an elite skill and some sort of a build to work with.

On the other hand, I have some PvP characters that will level exclusively in wuvwuv. But I will not likely play them until a little after launch is done.

In other news, I did it again.

Trap centric dodge forever thief.

Alternatively I can swap Roll for Initiative to add in Needle Trap for an extra 5 vulnerability and less survivability.

wimpy fists

• Options
    edited August 2012
    TannerMS wrote: »
    I know my first dude/dudette is going to be an Ele but picking a race is too hard -_-

The group that I was going to roll with went kablooie so hopefully I can squeeze into the G&T group come launch :)

For the most part, the racial skills are not as good as other skills available, when referring specifically to the ones you can use in sPvP.

Nrrrngh

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    Man, is everyone rolling charr rolling warrior?

Actually that's kind of cool because the builds are all so potentially different.

I might set up a list of Copper warband members too.

• Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOMQxVtbkik

The extended Gamescom 2011 theme.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    TannerMS wrote: »

Sure. Best way to get into a group is jumping into the TS server. You're more than welcome.

Cylinder

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    So dyes, currently they ARE sellable on the TP, correct?

And the are specific to CHARACTER not ACCOUNT??

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    My Thief build all about immobilizing/hindering the enemy

I threw this together earlier with the intention of having a Thief who uses sword.
    Basically, this guy is all about keeping 1 or 2 enemies occupied and trapped in an area for as long as possible. He's got mobility, stealth, healing and he can stay close to an enemy to keep crippling/immobilizing them.
    Any opinions?

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    So hype

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »
    I am theorycrafting dumb. How viable is a Pistol/Pistol Firearms/Inventions Engineer build?

whizbang pow

I imagine you could build in alot of condition damage like burns/bleeds in there.

From what I have seen - flamethrower is the only decent kit and that is just for the occasional burn/crowd control.

It's early days though and I am sure people will come up with some crazy awesome builds.

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I can't seem to find the condition damage math on the wiki any more... anyone remember how it works?

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »

Zoosh the swoosh

My experience is that 8-slot bags are trivial to craft, and doing so nets you xp to boot. I'm probably going to keep sPvP for testing builds or for when I get bored of PvE/wuvwuv (unlikely).

Any profession can craft bags right? Because that would make me very very happy.

heebie jeebies

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Blurbl wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOMQxVtbkik

The extended Gamescom 2011 theme.

Oh my god the music in this game is SO good.

Also everything else in the game is so good.

• Options
    I checked out the 92 track soundtrack.
    There are some seriously cool songs. Like, mucho coolio!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Rend wrote: »
    Huggles wrote: »

Zoosh the swoosh

Any profession can craft bags right? Because that would make me very very happy.

heebie jeebies

Tailoring, leatherworking and armorsmithing can make bags. They have different passive effects based on profession.

reVerse on
This discussion has been closed.