As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Board Games] Discussions of Wil Wheaton's cardboard nerd-cred consolidated here.

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Or just go to boardgamegeek and read one of the many detailed reviews there or just read the PDF rulebook.

But no, there's much less going on in Zombicide then there is in LNoE. It's basically the board game version of Left 4 Dead.

Eh, BGG is mostly fanboys with 95% raving positive reviews, and that's counting the actual reviews (not the elaborate unboxing scrawls masquerading as reviews).

Except that most of the time, negative reviews are the most-thumbed and praised, because most people on the site like there being two different viewpoints. So its worth at least looking.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • zanetheinsanezanetheinsane Registered User regular
    BGG is like imdb user ratings. You can't trust a board game rating until it gets into the thousands. At that point it's probably a safe bet that that many people are probably on to something (even if it is just popular opinion. The first 2-3 months a game is release (hell, with BGG 2-3 months before it's released) it always has a jacked up rating like 9+.

I mean, the movie Twilight probably has one of the most ridiculously large rabid fanbases ever, but even it's imdb user rating finally settled around a reasonable 5.3.

Always choose board games with a low number of ratings at your own risk. Zombicide currently has 38 ratings. That's a taaaad below my threshold for deciding whether or not a game deserves the rating it has. I really enjoy the game but I think I need to play it about a dozen more times and play through a lot more of the missions before I even think about giving it a rating.

Take a game like Battlestar Galactica. How many people cried foul about how imbalanced Cylons were because they always won? You have to play that game a lot of times before you start seeing the human advantages and strategies.

• Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Netrunner sold out at GenCon in ~10 minutes. O_O

What they didn't tell you:

They only brought 10 copies.
    </truefacts>
    ;P

And one asshole bought eight.

No, I'm not bitter or anything. Especially since I'm playing in the tournament Saturday...

EDIT: I had bad info.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    For example, one trick you can use is to have a character trade with another character and just swap items back and forth (effecting nothing) but this lets the receiving character rearrange his inventory, so he can equip weapons he needs on his turn to maximize his damage without having to spend his action to re-equip. (Some people call this cheap but fuck zombies. They are cheap. No mercy.)

Just thought this one part in particular was interesting. Given the intent of the rules, I would almost certainly play it the other way around, and suggesting that "that's how the rules are written!" seems far more like a cop-out to actually saying, "Fuck it, we're going to do this anyway."

I'm sure someone realized they could do this and thought they were pretty clever. *shrug*
    Seems to me like there should have been a clause - "If the players exchange at least one item, the receiving player may rearrange their inventory." At least this way it makes sense when it occurs, even if juggling an item that doesn't matter a ton to either of you enables it.

ArcticLancer on
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    BGG is like imdb user ratings. You can't trust a board game rating until it gets into the thousands. At that point it's probably a safe bet that that many people are probably on to something (even if it is just popular opinion. The first 2-3 months a game is release (hell, with BGG 2-3 months before it's released) it always has a jacked up rating like 9+.

Not really true. BGG's ratings algorithm contains a ton of "dummy" average scores to compensate for exactly that (and its inverse).

PMAvers wrote: »
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Netrunner sold out at GenCon in ~10 minutes. O_O

What they didn't tell you:

They only brought 10 copies.
    </truefacts>
    ;P

And one asshole bought eight.

No, I'm not bitter or anything. Especially since I'm playing in the tournament Saturday...

A guy from FFG posted in a BGG thread about this situation. Due to "VIG" privileges, the sell-out was technically 70 minutes instead of 10, but still. And they're supposedly doing what they can to try and get playable copies for the tourney on Saturday.

That said, I do agree that they handled that kind of stupidly. They probably should have run it as a "Sealed" event and included purchase of a box with the entry fee.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I need to order $5 worth of something off Amazon to make free shipping. Bohnanza is a good candidate for that, right? Is it a good 2 player game? Is there a cheaper fun 2 player game I should look at?

edit: Not a two-player game, but No Thanks just hit my radar. I need more money so I just buy all the games.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I need to order $5 worth of something off Amazon to make free shipping. Bohnanza is a good candidate for that, right? Is it a good 2 player game? Is there a cheaper fun 2 player game I should look at?

edit: Not a two-player game, but No Thanks just hit my radar. I need more money so I just buy all the games.

If you don't own Bohnanza, you should be making an order just to get it. It's a great game.

What is this I don't even.
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Welp. Preorder paid for.

2x X-Wing Starter Box
    1x X-wing Expansion
    1x TIE Fighter Expansion
    2x TIE Advanced Expansion
    2x Y-Wing Expansion

This will let me field a full squad of TIEs (5), X-wings (3), and Y-Wings (2) with a couple TIE Advanced if the Empire player wants to play with elite ships rather than swarm tactics.

The two Starters will give each player their own templates and dice which will also help speed up play.

Now I just need to find a way to store all this when it comes...

ObiFett on
  • R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Obi, I use small storage containers from Target and Walmart for all my heroscape figures. Don't know size or fragility of the X-Wing stuff though.

steam_sig.png
    edited August 2012
    R0land1188 wrote: »
    Obi, I use small storage containers from Target and Walmart for all my heroscape figures. Don't know size or fragility of the X-Wing stuff though.

Yeah, that's probably the best plan. Gotta check out those place when I get the minis so I can see what kind of space I need.

OH MY!

From the "In Flight Report", FFG's conference at Gencon the next wave of releases for X-Wing will be the following ships:

Falcon
    Slave I
    Tie Interceptor
    A-Wing

ObiFett on
  • R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Slave I? I may buy that just to put on my desk.

steam_sig.png
  • Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Anybody else tried to check out the new "official" version of Dominion at goko? It was supposed to launch yesterday but they screwed something up bigtime, now you can see the client but I have been unable to actually play a game. Its a shame if it turns out as bad as it looks like it might since these guys bought up the official rights to a ton of games including dominion, catan, and race for the galaxy.

steam_sig.png
    pic1394907_md.jpg

Luckily I will only have to buy one Falcon and Slave 1.

The TIE Interceptors and A-wings, however...

help me

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    pic1394907_md.jpg

Luckily I will only have to buy one Falcon and Slave 1.

The TIE Interceptors and A-wings, however...

help me

That's so awesome. I'm going to end up spending so much money on this game. Any news at GenCon when they're going to release it? Waiting on Target getting a shipment.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    Still no news on release date from what I can tell.

I mean it was on sale at GenCon. Its gotta be in retailers soonish, right?

I just have to point out, the scale of Slave 1 makes absolutely no sense at all. The Falcon could be bigger, but at least it looks right beside the A-Wing and TIE.
    Seriously, Slave should be like, half that size ...

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    I just have to point out, the scale of Slave 1 makes absolutely no sense at all. The Falcon could be bigger, but at least it looks right beside the A-Wing and TIE.

It likely isn't the actual model for the game. They've been ridiculously anal about scale--they actually have access to the original model measurements and stuff.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
    *doubles back and squints eyes*
    "Not final models"

*nod*
    Alright, they get a pass this time.

• jergarmarjergarmar hollow man crew goes pew pew pewRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    InkSplat wrote: »
    MrBody wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Or just go to boardgamegeek and read one of the many detailed reviews there or just read the PDF rulebook.

But no, there's much less going on in Zombicide then there is in LNoE. It's basically the board game version of Left 4 Dead.

Eh, BGG is mostly fanboys with 95% raving positive reviews, and that's counting the actual reviews (not the elaborate unboxing scrawls masquerading as reviews).

Except that most of the time, negative reviews are the most-thumbed and praised, because most people on the site like there being two different viewpoints. So its worth at least looking.

Yeah, ditto here -- I am always sorting the reviews by "most-thumbed" and starting from there. Whether they are positive or negative, they are usually good.
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »

If you don't own Bohnanza, you should be making an order just to get it. It's a great game.

Oh my gosh, Bohnanza has been a ringing success for the dozens of people that I have introduced it to over the past few weeks. Adults, kids, newcomers, oldcomers, it doesn't matter. And I, personally, really like it a lot and don't mind playing it a couple of times in a row. For such a cheap game that plays so many, it's a no-brainer. The game designer, this Uwe Rosenberg guy, he should really think about making more interesting games like this. Oh, wait.

On a slightly related note, something happened recently which I was not expecting: I think I'm a little burned-out on Resistance. I did not expect that the under-twelve crew would be so fanatic about that game. I guess that's why Werewolf is one of the perennial teen and pre-teen games. But yeah, 10-to-12-year-old-girls can be remarkable fixed in their preferences.

In other news, I am in a new house and Space Alert is not yet back in stock. Supposedly some time this month. This is an untenable position. I must have that in my order, with Earth Reborn. And who knows what else.
    So excited.
    So impatient.

jergarmar on
    When I was a child, I had a fever...
    jswidget.php?username=jergarmar&numitems=7&text=none&images=small&show=hot10&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    My BoardGameGeek profile
    Battle.net: TheGerm#1430 (Hearthstone, Destiny 2)
    edited August 2012
    Given the intent of the rules, I would almost certainly play it the other way around, and suggesting that "that's how the rules are written!" seems far more like a cop-out to actually saying, "Fuck it, we're going to do this anyway."

The general rearranging rules are pretty lenient and reequipping weapons around is a very large part of the game. For instance, you can only open doors with a chainsaw, fireaxe, or crowbar. The fireaxe and crowbar are very subpar weapons, marginally only better than the frying pan (the pity item you start with that only hits on a 6 with a 1d6). The problem is you can only open doors when you have those items equipped for some reason, even though you are using the item, not attacking with it. By contrast, every other use item you can use from your unequipped slots (such as the flashlight).

Once you get pretty much any other melee weapon you will stop using the fireaxe/crowbar immediately but you have to keep them in most missions since most missions involve opening doors. Juggling these around to open doors gets pretty obnoxious.

Also a lot of that comment was my hatred for zombies. My friend and I had just failed Mission 01 for the second time (one of the harder ones IMO). Zombies, although slow and predictable, will stone cold eat a bitch. There isn't a lot of room for error as far as leaving yourself exposed to zombies is concerned.

The good news is that we came up with a much better strategy this time and managed to finish out Mission 01 this morning. Although we didn't lose anybody, we played pretty risky with some card draws. One wrong pull and an activation and we might have lost 1-2 heroes. We had two wounded heroes and an approaching horde, but we had Dave ready with two Molotovs just in case.

Wanda with Slippery and the free move action is absolutely ridiculous, to the point of almost being mandatory for some missions, especially for Mission 01 where you have to truck the three objective items down that long narrow alley to the exit to win.

Dave is amazing with Slippery and Molotovs. Being able to almost reset the map when it gets out of control is probably one of the single greatest abilities in the game.

I really dislike Nick simply because his starting skill of "Start with a Pistol" seems like a bullshit skill. I mean, in most scenarios you get to give a pistol to a starting hero anyway (although this lets him start with two, which is better). It's not hard to find pistols. Seems weird to have a skill that you can effectively replace by just searching a few times in the Blue Threat phase.

Cholo is almost the same but being able to kill the fatties very early in the game makes him very useful. You have to have at least one "melee bitch". Even then I prefer Josh because Slippery let's him jump in, kill fatties, and jump out. Cholo being able to kill Abominations at max level is nice, but in all of the games so far the melee characters have been dead last in XP every time simply because of how the mechanics work (you can't leave your character in a zone with zombies because they will automurderkill him on their turn). That gives you far fewer actions to attack with. By contrast, give Amy a sniper rifle and plenty of ammo and plunk her down on an intersection and watch her take out half the horde without breaking a sweat.

zanetheinsane on
  • JWashkeJWashke Registered User regular
    Still no news on release date from what I can tell.

I mean it was on sale at GenCon. Its gotta be in retailers soonish, right?

On BGG the CEO of FFG said Netrunner is 4 weeks out from release, I would imagine X-Wing would be a similar date since they were updated to On the Boat around the same time.

steam_sig.png
    I guess I can wait a month.

That'll give me some time to get ahead of my 18 credit semester and free up some hours to play it.

• Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular

That'll give me some time to get ahead of my 18 credit semester and free up some hours to play it.

I think the saddest thing about school starting is my weekly/bi-weekly Twilight Imperium games are going to have to get dialed back to once a month...

• poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Played Descent 2e again, Walnut Grove (by the same Finn as Edlipse), Star Trek Fleet Captains, Space Hulk (the newest edition) and Tales of the Arabian Nights.

I finally understand all the rules in ST:FC, which does have the worst rule book ever. And so I enjoyed the game a lot, albeit with my only house rule ever in any game, which is that it costs an action to cycle an unwanted mission card and command card. With that rule, it became a much more thoughtful game, that ended up with both sides having built starbases and done some cunning stuff, rather than merely cycling through their missions to get the easiest ones. My enthusiasm for the Romulan expansion is rekindled.

Arabian Nights was not mine, and now I have to have it. HAVE TO HAVE IT.

Space Hulk was alright but very dependent on initial setup and strategy. I'd prefer it if the thinking was less frontloaded.

I would play Walnut Grove again. I am liking it and Village a lot now. Starting to enjoy economic Euros more, especially if Uwe Rosenberg is not involved.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Netrunner get! (They apparently expedited some more copies, and met the truck driver that was driving from LA with a van and loaded the copies into it to drive to Indy.)

They had a bunch of new announcements in the case today too. There's apparently a new edition of the Game of Thrones card game in the works, but with updated card frames and stills from the TV show. They had a bunch of Axis Fliers for Dust Tactics that looked super-sweet, and a new board game called Borderlands (lol, that's twice they've used the name of a already-existing game). The latter looked sort of steampunk wild-westish, like Doomtown, but I'm just running off memory. Will go back in a bit and try to get some more info in regards to it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    jergarmar wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, Bohnanza has been a ringing success for the dozens of people that I have introduced it to over the past few weeks. Adults, kids, newcomers, oldcomers, it doesn't matter. And I, personally, really like it a lot and don't mind playing it a couple of times in a row. For such a cheap game that plays so many, it's a no-brainer.

Interesting... go on...
    jergarmar wrote: »
    The game designer, this Uwe Rosenberg guy...

I think I may have heard of that guy! This may have to go on my "buy very soon list" now.

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Take a game like Battlestar Galactica. How many people cried foul about how imbalanced Cylons were because they always won? You have to play that game a lot of times before you start seeing the human advantages and strategies.

I dunno. I've played over two dozen games and humans have yet to win without using Cain's overpowered blind jump ability. Without that OR the Pegasus board they haven't really come close.

Humans get better the more they play, but so do Cylons. The biggest beginner Cylon mistake is to be so worried about staying hidden as long as possible that they never do anything. At some point, it's a better move to just blatantly start sabotaging as much as possible, even to the point where you don't reveal and just tie up the humans as much as possible while they pour resources into brigging/airlocking you. Cylons also need to know the right time to reveal so they can start activating cylon locations.

• poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    I've played BSG a bunch of times, the base set only (hated the expansions) and it's been about 50/50.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    So fucking lame. The copy of Shadows Over Camelot I traded for with GCGLTrader was missing the manual! I tracked him down and got a manual. Then I went to play and found out it was missing a bunch of cards! Plus it had a bunch of random cards that I guess are in the expansion? I understand I was basically trading with the Gencon library but I would have expected them to at least attempt to make sure the games were complete. No manual is amateur hour and everything else after that was just rage.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Okay, so had a chat with some FFG guys between rounds at the Netrunner Icebreaker (lol Scorched Earth so stronk, I hope you like meat damage runner, 'cos you're getting 4 of it), and asked what was up with the "new" Game of Thrones card game. Apparently it's a new version for people who are all asking about the card game to get into without getting intimidated with the ten years of history the current card game has. Paired the rules down a bit, streamlined, and it's just Stark vs. Lannister in the box.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Played 7 Wonders with my nephews (9, 11 and 13) and they loved it. A truly excellent game.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I would pay much money for a version of Twilight Imperium skinned for my favourite SF universes.

They should do that. It works for the eight trillion themes of Risk and Monopoly, so why not a B5 Twilight Imperium?

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The TIE Interceptors and A wings are pretty much the thing that will force me to play X wing but if they have a B wing I will be unable to resist

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Got copies of Agricola and Galaxy Trucker for my birthday. Both favorites of mine that I didn't own personally, but which were usually in my group. Now I don't have to worry whether the owner is coming, I can play when I want!

What is this I don't even.
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Heh. Haven't been around here for a while... trying to save money and all that. That ends today. :)

I'm moving on to round 2 of attempting to sleeve Arkham Horror. For Ancient One (big) cards, I only have the Mythos and Gate cards left to sleeve - 572 cards total. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the cards I bought last time! Mayday Purple (standard USA size card sleeves) are too small. Mayday teal (Euro Size card sleeves) are too big. Neither match the ones I've already bought, which bugs me.

Mayday's website says to use Orange (Chimera) sized cards, which are 57.9x89mm -- a little bigger than the 56x87 of the Standard USA. That sounds about right...

The trick is going to be the mini cards. My count says there are exactly 1000 of them, or somewhere in that neighborhood. Mayday's site says to use Mini-Chimera (which I think is Mayday's "Fantasy Flight" line) for them, but they also list Mini-USA for Twilight Imperium, which should theoretically be the same size. Seeing as how AH is non-cloth reinforced and BSG/TI are cloth reinforced.. well, this confuses me, as BSG is listed as Mini-Chimera as well. Anyone have experience with this? Mini-USA is 41x63mm and Mini-Chimera is 43x65, so that's a fairly large size difference. Naturally I don't have a ruler to check on the cards.. I do find that overshooting a little is better than going exact, so that the extra space for the welds are accounted for. It just sucks because my local store probably won't order these unless I order an entire box, and I'm not ready to sleeve Twilight Imperium yet. :D

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch

I did some research and it turns out that is the correct size of the Slave 1. Its scaled correctly.

• Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular

I think the saddest thing about school starting is my weekly/bi-weekly Twilight Imperium games are going to have to get dialed back to once a month...
    Athenor wrote: »
    Heh. Haven't been around here for a while... trying to save money and all that. That ends today. :)

I'm moving on to round 2 of attempting to sleeve Arkham Horror. For Ancient One (big) cards, I only have the Mythos and Gate cards left to sleeve - 572 cards total. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the cards I bought last time! Mayday Purple (standard USA size card sleeves) are too small. Mayday teal (Euro Size card sleeves) are too big. Neither match the ones I've already bought, which bugs me.

Mayday's website says to use Orange (Chimera) sized cards, which are 57.9x89mm -- a little bigger than the 56x87 of the Standard USA. That sounds about right...

The trick is going to be the mini cards. My count says there are exactly 1000 of them, or somewhere in that neighborhood. Mayday's site says to use Mini-Chimera (which I think is Mayday's "Fantasy Flight" line) for them, but they also list Mini-USA for Twilight Imperium, which should theoretically be the same size. Seeing as how AH is non-cloth reinforced and BSG/TI are cloth reinforced.. well, this confuses me, as BSG is listed as Mini-Chimera as well. Anyone have experience with this? Mini-USA is 41x63mm and Mini-Chimera is 43x65, so that's a fairly large size difference. Naturally I don't have a ruler to check on the cards.. I do find that overshooting a little is better than going exact, so that the extra space for the welds are accounted for. It just sucks because my local store probably won't order these unless I order an entire box, and I'm not ready to sleeve Twilight Imperium yet. :D

My TI game is sleeved O_O

You want Mini-American size (41x63mm)

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Card_Sleeve_Reference#toc7

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    For example, one trick you can use is to have a character trade with another character and just swap items back and forth (effecting nothing) but this lets the receiving character rearrange his inventory, so he can equip weapons he needs on his turn to maximize his damage without having to spend his action to re-equip. (Some people call this cheap but fuck zombies. They are cheap. No mercy.)

Just thought this one part in particular was interesting. Given the intent of the rules, I would almost certainly play it the other way around, and suggesting that "that's how the rules are written!" seems far more like a cop-out to actually saying, "Fuck it, we're going to do this anyway."

I'm sure someone realized they could do this and thought they were pretty clever. *shrug*
    Seems to me like there should have been a clause - "If the players exchange at least one item, the receiving player may rearrange their inventory." At least this way it makes sense when it occurs, even if juggling an item that doesn't matter a ton to either of you enables it.

Both players can re-organize their inventory when they trade.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    The general rearranging rules are pretty lenient and reequipping weapons around is a very large part of the game. For instance, you can only open doors with a chainsaw, fireaxe, or crowbar. The fireaxe and crowbar are very subpar weapons, marginally only better than the frying pan (the pity item you start with that only hits on a 6 with a 1d6). The problem is you can only open doors when you have those items equipped for some reason, even though you are using the item, not attacking with it. By contrast, every other use item you can use from your unequipped slots (such as the flashlight).
    No, you can use a tool to open a door if it isn;t equipped; at least that's what the designers have said over on BGG.

Also a lot of that comment was my hatred for zombies. My friend and I had just failed Mission 01 for the second time (one of the harder ones IMO). Zombies, although slow and predictable, will stone cold eat a bitch. There isn't a lot of room for error as far as leaving yourself exposed to zombies is concerned.

It sounds like you might be doing something wrong. We had very little problem on anything so far. Are you usuing three characters each? Do you remember that Zombies attack, then move then spawn? Also, zombies that kill someone don't move along with every other zombie in their zone.

Magic Pink on
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    The full Dominion : Dark Ages spoiler list is out now. It be bananas:

http://dominionstrategy.com/2012/08/16/dark-ages-cards-revealed/

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.