As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Prime] The Fifth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament [Full!]

• Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    I'm glad that everyone likes the buttons and scorecards but you should be thanking @gal_friday. Not only does she handle the button and scorecard designs but on top of that she has to put up with me on a daily basis.
    Also, I'd like to point out that I'll be at the Sheraton Pre-PAX Board game meetup well before the Pre-PAX Dinner and TWDT start, if anyone wants to pick up their beer steins beforehand. You know.. so you can have them filled up on the way...

Only question I have is if bars will fill your own glasses. Will it be a waste to take these on the crawl?

I don't know how many bars would actually let you use your own glass but it could be useful for the Harry Potter and Three Wizards, One Goblet challenge.

• AKReignAKReign Registered User regular
    Hi to all my OotP Slytherins! I know I am crazy late to the post this year, but I am planning on going crazy today setting up wonderful things to amaze and annoy you with!

~Lurking through PAX since 2008~ [E]
    - Slytherin OotP: HoH - Twitter -Slytherin OotP
    My friends and compatriots of the Slytherin: Order of the Phoenix! You now have slightly awesome things to join!
    Such as a Slytherin OotP Facebook Group and a Twitter Feed @SlytherinOotP

• vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    AKReign wrote: »
    My friends and compatriots of the Slytherin: Order of the Phoenix! You now have slightly awesome things to join!
    Woot! I've been waiting for this!

• EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    AKReign wrote: »

I guess I'll join the Twitter for during event updates.
    PAX is actually the only time of year I use the service.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Case in point, I'm going as a Slytherin frat boy this year:
    photo.jpg

Awwww, that's awesome! Tog's going in cosplay as a douchebag! :P

.......... Cos-play? <3

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
    Enigmas wrote: »
    I guess I'll join the Twitter for during event updates.
    PAX is actually the only time of year I use the service.

(I'm putting Enigmas in charge of making sure I don't drunk tweet the wrong destinations)

• CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Both the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff - Death Eaters Sectors still have open availability for House Elf position. Contact Atlus for more information/apply!

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    Both the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff - Death Eaters Sectors still have open availability for House Elf position. Contact Atlus for more information/apply!

Being House Elf is the BEST! You get to hang with the awesome peeps and remember all the drunken shenanigans! My favorite from last year is hanging outside Linda's with Juju, looking like a bumble bee, climb up on the smoker's tree bench and give a 5 minute exultation on why Hufflepuff is the best. I might be the only one who remembers that, cause it was at the second to last bar.
    Plus, toward the end of the night, people are begging to buy you a drink, so you can always have 1 or 2 at the Final House Celebration.

PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

• CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular

Being House Elf is the BEST! You get to hang with the awesome peeps and remember all the drunken shenanigans! My favorite from last year is hanging outside Linda's with Juju, looking like a bumble bee, climb up on the smoker's tree bench and give a 5 minute exultation on why Hufflepuff is the best. I might be the only one who remembers that, cause it was at the second to last bar.
    Plus, toward the end of the night, people are begging to buy you a drink, so you can always have 1 or 2 at the Final House Celebration.

Truth! (I don't know about the Juju thing since the DEs weren't there, but I believe her!)

Not only that, but you will be taken care of by yours truly.
    BWHAHAHAHAHAHA! Suckers! They're falling for my tra---uh...CARRY ON!

• AnselanAnselan Registered User new member
    edited August 2012
    Over the last four years we at the Clever Dunnes Irish House (http://goo.gl/maps/E3F3U) have had the pleasure of hosting many of the wizarding persuasion. (Your own event included) Of course, for most of the year our clientele tends to be... how shall we say... slightly more muggle based. And while we've already begun preparing for your arrival, we would enjoy if you'd be so kind as to get in contact with us with the plan.

We want to make sure you all have the best time we can provide. We are, of course, planning drink specials for the night, and there's some discussion on a special menu all weekend, food and drink, for Wizards and Muggles attending PAX.

Thank you! And hopefully we'll be seeing all four houses this year!
    ( We don't appear on Google maps at the moment for some odd reason... perhaps a Fidelius charm? I can assure you with all certainty that we remain open for business!)

Anselan on
  • WestrunnerWestrunner Steam's Dirty Little Whore Mojave Desert, NVRegistered User regular
    Does Gryffindor OotP have a facebook group or any such electronic gathering place? Should I make one?

TWDT12: Gryffindor - OotP TWDT14: Gryffindor - OotP
    The VTW Podcast will once again be interviewing me about the TWDT. Show starts in about an hour.

Tune in once again to hear me rag on Hufflepuff.

• VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Lemme reintroduce myself to the Gryffindor Death Eaters, I'll be the HoH now and we're searching for a new Head Girl!

Also, I was searching and found this hoodie. Very limited but such an awesome design! I just purchased it!

http://www.threadless.com/product/3084/The_Dark_Scarf

Also we have a Twitter! https://twitter.com/GryffindorDE
    And Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/313459105416789/

When you're joining the group, please send me a message via Facebook (www.facebook.com/victoryoftheppl) with your forum name so I can add ya ^_^

Victoryoftheppl on
    MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    Tune in once again to hear me rag on Hufflepuff.

So much hate, Atlusbro :P

My House Elf, Gambit, was awesome last year. He had 2 or 3 beers over the course of the night and did a FINE job. It's all about knowing your limits. :P

I remember this just barely! Only because there was a lot of things going on. Was this before or after I stopped to get cheesypoofs? :P
    Menolly07 wrote: »
    Stupid wrote: »
    juju wrote: »
    Stupid wrote: »
    Looking at last year's challenges I am wondering, does "one beer" mean one beer or can it mean ales, ciders and whatnot (I.e. no hard liquor)?

I only say this because I don't like the taste of beer... *awaits the argument that will ensue*

Lindeman's Framboise lambic is technically "beer" even though it tastes like raspberry soda, looks like pink champagne, and smells like heaven.

http://www.lindemans.be/start/framboise/en/

Lindeman's Framboise Lambic tastes godly mixed with Young's Double Chocolate Stout... and a shot of Cake Vodka.

Anyone at my birthday party this year (Atlus included) would've seen me downing those puppies like no tomorrow :D

Oh. My. God.

I think I'm in love.

Juju IS pretty awesome....

ArsonIsFun has been ragging on me after his "Win a Date with Arsonbro" contest to set up a "Win a Date with Juju" contest. I dunnooooo... :P

PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    So, what happens if a person has to be late to this shindig? What time does it normally end?

I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    If you're late you should still check in with your HoH and see if you can make up any challenges. Shindig usually ends around 1, but definitely by last call.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • tybottybot Registered User regular

When you're joining the group, please send me a message via Facebook (www.facebook.com/victoryoftheppl) with your forum name so I can add ya ^_^
    Having trouble messaging you on fb.

• VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    tybot wrote: »

Having trouble messaging you on fb.

Boo! Just send the request and i will message you!

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • itchbayitchbay Self-Rescuing Princess Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Hey Hufflepuff OotP-ers, I made a Facebook page where we can chat and get to know one another before getting really drunk together:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/272942389485940/

And for the G+ers:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/co50tpi0b3er6rr898ts63pd8sg/109081734054591463035

itchbay on
    Not *that* kind of princess.
  • ikelewisikelewis Awesome Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    My Polyjuice Potion is complete! Lookout Slytherin Death Eaters! You won't know who I am!

• namelessbanananamelessbanana Registered User regular
    I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on this really sweet app. Tabbed out allows you to pay your tab through your phone. You add your cc to the app then go to the bar and show them your code and your tab will pop up on their register. Its really great and you can pay and close out your tab (including your tip) from your table. Most of the bars in capitol hill are supporting this now (I used it at the Unicorn Saturday). I HIGHLY recommend using this as it cuts down on time waiting at the bar and makes our friendly bar tenders job a little easier.

http://tabbedout.com/

• ShadowMattShadowMatt Registered User regular
    Also, I'd like to point out that I'll be at the Sheraton Pre-PAX Board game meetup well before the Pre-PAX Dinner and TWDT start, if anyone wants to pick up their beer steins beforehand. You know.. so you can have them filled up on the way...

Beer steins? Did I miss something in this Loooooong thread? Are there special beer steins?

tick.jpg
    Goodbye, plucky, pimply teen. I think you're ready now to hear the truth. This wasn't really a magic hubcap. The magic was inside you all along.
  • MogsMogs Registered User regular
    I have yet to see teasers of items to be auctioned during the crawl, so allow me to be the first. From the creative minds of House Ravenclaw come the following:
    226244_601078322900_2125899007_n.jpg
    313088_601078332880_762883125_n.jpg

After all, what better way is there to remember (or not, as the case may be) our drunken wizarding night with friends than enjoying a drink from your very own Hogwarts inspired pint glass?

• arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    ShadowMatt wrote: »

Beer steins? Did I miss something in this Loooooong thread? Are there special beer steins?

Seperate thread ;)

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/24011136#Comment_24011136

I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
  • ShadowMattShadowMatt Registered User regular
    Mogs wrote: »
    After all, what better way is there to remember (or not, as the case may be) our drunken wizarding night with friends than enjoying a drink from your very own Hogwarts inspired pint glass?

Oh snap! That's so epic!

tick.jpg
    Goodbye, plucky, pimply teen. I think you're ready now to hear the truth. This wasn't really a magic hubcap. The magic was inside you all along.
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on this really sweet app. Tabbed out allows you to pay your tab through your phone. You add your cc to the app then go to the bar and show them your code and your tab will pop up on their register. Its really great and you can pay and close out your tab (including your tip) from your table. Most of the bars in capitol hill are supporting this now (I used it at the Unicorn Saturday). I HIGHLY recommend using this as it cuts down on time waiting at the bar and makes our friendly bar tenders job a little easier.

This is very cool, unfortunately, the Unicorn is the only bar from previous years that is on their list.

• skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    I just used it tonight in Houston and it's pretty pimp.

why are you smelling it?
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    redhalo wrote: »

This is very cool, unfortunately, the Unicorn is the only bar from previous years that is on their list.

Yeah but I think a bunch of bars use it. Even if you use it at just one bar it's worth it, IMHO.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    So I have two tickets for Hufflepuff, one of which I won't need. Is there a way to downgrade to one through eventbrite? I've been clicking around trying to figure out a way to do it through eventbrite but I'm getting tired of trying to figure out how to do this.

newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    Grim's is on there too. Although, for some reason, it's listed as a breakfast bar?
    redhalo wrote: »

And who said a True Slytherin can't be nice to her fellow brothers and sisters. Shut it! I can hear you lot over there, Gryffinsnores! :P

All the House Elves from each Sector of each House shall be lugging around one of these pretty things to auction off...
    House-Bottles.jpgA Starbucks Frappacino-style bottle with pretty paper origami-like stars in the proper Book Colours of each House.

Do not worry, my dear Slytherins. You will have even more special stuff than just a silly bottle to have as an auction item. Also! There will be awesome stuff for my fellow House Elves!

SHAMELESS PLUG!
    And I believe the House Elves for Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw Death-Eater Sectors are still available! Go ask Atlus about it! You know someone wants to be sober and point and laugh on the inside while herding students from one dueling location to the next.

leaf wrote: »
    So I have two tickets for Hufflepuff, one of which I won't need. Is there a way to downgrade to one through eventbrite? I've been clicking around trying to figure out a way to do it through eventbrite but I'm getting tired of trying to figure out how to do this.

Email me through Eventbrite if you can't figure it out and I should be able t change it manually.

This goes for anyone else looking to cancel all or part of their registration.

SHAMELESS PLUG!
    And I believe the House Elves for Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw Death-Eater Sectors are still available! Go ask Atlus about it! You know someone wants to be sober and point and laugh on the inside while herding students from one dueling location to the next.

Please redirect all House Elf inquiries to the HoH of that group. :)

But do direct all inquiries for the following positions to me:

Gryffindor DE - Head Girl
    Slytherin OotP - Head Girl

We are now 2 weeks away from the drunkenest, Harry Potterest bar crawl on the westest coast. You should be excited by now. If not, you might be a Squib.

As always there are still some details for me to hammer out (Bar routes, challenges) but everything will be in place in time.

If you're on the waitlist do check your email on a daily basis. There haven't been many but a few tickets have been returned to the pool and are released asap.

• edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Out of curiosity, among the TWDTites, any other potion brewers among our ranks? I hear Tycho himself is a skilled potion master. (Not wanting to go too far off topic here...)

edgeofblade on
    6YJGH2V.png
    juju wrote: »

I remember this just barely! Only because there was a lot of things going on. Was this before or after I stopped to get cheesypoofs? :P

You were going to town on the cheesypoofs. I think that's why it stuck with me so well because you were so happy that little corner store had them.

Ahh, memories.

• skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    Hey Ravenclaw OOTP guys! If you're not already on the FB group (or you don't check it often) suggestions are open for this years House Song and we'll have a vote on it in a couple days, so check it out! :)

why are you smelling it?
  • RobogirlRobogirl Local Badass SeattleRegistered User regular
    But do direct all inquiries for the following positions to me:

Gryffindor DE - Head Girl
    Slytherin OotP - Head Girl

We are now 2 weeks away from the drunkenest, Harry Potterest bar crawl on the westest coast. You should be excited by now. If not, you might be a Squib.

As always there are still some details for me to hammer out (Bar routes, challenges) but everything will be in place in time.

If you're on the waitlist do check your email on a daily basis. There haven't been many but a few tickets have been returned to the pool and are released asap.

I'm slytherin ootp and a lady part haver. However, this is my first twdt, so I probably wouldn't be the best choice. However, I'll step up if no one more experienced does!

• SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Attention Ravenclaw Death Eaters (aka the cool Ravenclaws). We have a post up on our Facebook group looking for suggestions for an epic house song. Go and give your suggestions and I'll put up a poll with the best suggestions later this weekend.

Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
This discussion has been closed.